• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fast aerials at ground level

Tlatoani

Smash Rookie
I've been checking out some videos of pros playing with peach, trying to look for good techniques to implement in my own gameplay, so far this has been the most difficult technique to learn, I'm talking about the way just about every pro do fast aerials at ground level. Like almost instantly doing a neutral+a aerial from the ground.

Here's an example from Cort, a pretty good peach player from this Forum: Link .He does it often through the match, but it's most evident at 2:37.

I've been trying to replicate the move in my gameplay without success. I've tried a short jump+aerial but it ends doing it too far away from the ground and an instant float+aerial but as i have to tap down on the stick to instant float i end up doing the bicycle kick instead.

I can't think of any other way. Maybe I'm doing it wrong :ohwell:

Some advice will be greatly appreciated :)

technomancer

Smash Champion
Hold down when you jump, and use the c-stick to perform the aerial, and then release jump as the hitbox comes out to float cancel immediately.

The neutral air is a bit trickier because you have to reset the joystick to neutral pretty quickly, press A (or Z), and then drop.

Ooh, 555 get.

LessThanThree

Smash Journeyman
yea, this is pretty much peach's game, hold down when u jump, and keep holding jump, to instant float at ground level, and like techno said, aerial with the c-stick, and release jump to float cancel, which is faster than l-cancel... FC fair-> Dsmash=greatest 2hit combo ever, lol

PeachFx

Smash Rookie
I got a question about this, when you float cancel, if you're holding jump...how do you hit c-stick..Also, I'm wondering if you still L-cancel with Peach when you don't float.

opiumfish13

Smash Rookie
eh?

Well, you jump ( I do it by pressing X with my thumb,) your left hand pressed down on the analog, and then you just move the C-Stick w/ your right hand after you held down. You can let go of the jump button as soon as you hold down after jump. And yes you must L-Cancel her aerials if your not attacking out of the float. If you dont', she will lag quite badly and be punished.

totaKK

Smash Apprentice
DoubleJump horizontally near the ground and nair/bair is probly what you're seeing them do, its useful to get down. i hardly ever hop once and attack its usually DJ or floats

Cort

Apple Head
I never c-stick aerials with Peach, using the A button seems much faster.

To nair that fast you just instant float (down + jump) move the control stick to a neutral position, press A, and then jam the control stick back down to fastfall and float cancel it... It's fun to do and allows Peach to use an aerial move ridiculously fast since just about all her aerials come out instantly.

Blue_Requiem

Smash Cadet
All you really have to do is hold down when you jump so she will sort of do a weird short-hop but will stay on the ground and you will hover there(for as long she will hover)then you can do some easy ground aerials.

peachori

Smash Journeyman
i cant seem to floatcancel attacks when using the c-stick, since i float with my thumb on X and if i hold down on the control stick to fastfall, i end up hitting the ground before i can get the fair/dair out. if i use Z to do aerials out of float like i used to, and fastfall at the same time, i can pretty much only to dair since i'm holding down. any tips for c-sticking aerials out of instant float? (hand/finger placement, etc)

Sepph

Smash Rookie
i cant seem to floatcancel attacks when using the c-stick, since i float with my thumb on X and if i hold down on the control stick to fastfall, i end up hitting the ground before i can get the fair/dair out. if i use Z to do aerials out of float like i used to, and fastfall at the same time, i can pretty much only to dair since i'm holding down. any tips for c-sticking aerials out of instant float? (hand/finger placement, etc)
Try not to float too low or try doing aerials with the control stick after an instant float because you can actually keep the floating while performing the attack, release the button before the attack ends and FC. I don't really know how to do a c-stick aerial on an instant float, I keep getting all my attacks auto-cancelled... but I bet someone else knows better than me ^_^'

BTW, DJC Nair comes out quicker and better than performing an instant float and then Nair, right? When I try to float out of shield sometimes I end up doing a full jump Nair, a Dair while floating, or (even worse) doing a Dair while full jumping since the control stick is not in neutral position...

peachori

Smash Journeyman
yeah the way i've been doing things is usually instant floating and using Z+control stick to fair/dair and then after that jamming the stick down to FC. thing is a lot of times i get the FC on my fair but i dont fastfall, meaning i'm going slower than i could. watching peach vids, i see that everyone is doing these instant float aerials and then FC them with what looks to be a fastfall, and i see people on here saying c-stick your aerials so i was just wondering how these 2 coincide. thanks though, i guess until i figure this out/someone tells me i'll just stick to my Z+control stick way to FC my aerials :D

Me14k

Smash Lord
I got a question about this, when you float cancel, if you're holding jump...how do you hit c-stick..Also, I'm wondering if you still L-cancel with Peach when you don't float.
when float canceling dont use c stick for attacks. use a direction.

peachori

Smash Journeyman
but then you cant float backwards and do a fair, etc. and i'm fairly sure i've seen pros do it, are they just moving, letting the stick go and then doing their fair or whateevr

x4FoSho4x

Smash Ace
Stealing Many Burritos and Miscellaneous Beverages
ok i think i have the answer to all of your problems.....".djcshuffled arials". your arials come out extremely fast when you preform this. press Y twice fast then the arial of your choosing then shuffle it. So It should b (depends on which buttons you use) Y,Y,A,Down,L. thats NAIRDJCSHFFL.

Top Bottom