• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FAST 1 - Orlando, FL - Jul 17-20, 08 Thanks to everyone who came!!

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Does anyone know if Chu is flying down for this or driving?
I want my friend Darksyde from NC to come to this, but he's finding excuse after excuse D:
If Chu is driving then I'm gonna make him catch a ride.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
If we don't get a certain number of setups, there might not be time for crews.

Come on FL!!! Hold it down with setups!!!

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I also still need shirt sizes from these people!

Colbol
Apollo
Sethlon
Geordan
Thee Incubus

And also, we've just made the decision that there will be 60 total shirts made;

The 30 free ones
1 for BossMagnet
1 for Jman :)
and 28 first come first serve.

Make sure to check out the shirts the first day you are there, they are going to look awesome.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Anyone know where to find the cheapest flight tickets what website? or could you just name all the ones you know of with good prices? I just got off work for the melee days, and im going to book tickets soon.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
everyone who brings a setup will be entered into a raffle to win some interesting prizes.

one of those prizes is a free shirt

Frames

DI
Sure thing dook :)

Also, I made some updates, so everyone read them!

If you are in a crew and have registered I need to know what crew so that when I seed you I don't put you with other crew mates. I have added a question to registration so that I can collect this information from people who register later.

Finally, I will be talking to people from other regions as we draw closer to the event in order to assist me with seeding from their respective regions. If you would like to help, please PM/IM me and we can talk then.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sure thing dook :)

Also, I made some updates, so everyone read them!

If you are in a crew and have registered I need to know what crew so that when I seed you I don't put you with other crew mates. I have added a question to registration so that I can collect this information from people who register later.

Finally, I will be talking to people from other regions as we draw closer to the event in order to assist me with seeding from their respective regions. If you would like to help, please PM/IM me and we can talk then.
My teammate is Sethlon if you still need that information. We are both registered.

How will regional crews be set up? And I can give you info on the Texas players going if you need.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Can someone enter if they bring a setup and recording equipment? :)
You get one entry into the raffle for every Wii+Brawl or Cube+Melee you bring, and one entry for every TV you bring.

An ambitious person could bring a Wii+Cube+Brawl+Melee+a TV and get 3 raffle tickets.

But we are really not too worried about recording equipment, since it doesn't help the tournament go any faster :).

Frames

DI
My teammate is Sethlon if you still need that information. We are both registered.

How will regional crews be set up? And I can give you info on the Texas players going if you need.
Thanks I got your teammate info.

Regional crews are gonna be MW, EC, WC, south, International, same state boundaries as at FC.
Also it's gonna be 15 people; 10 starters, 5 alternates. The starters have to pay but the alternates don't unless they play in the battle.

We're probably gonna only have time to do regionals, but we might do other crew battles if time permits.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
yo doh melee $5mm? i think i played u in friendlies at hat's for pound 3 but never got to mm ya :)

gingerr: im pretty sure chu is flying
chu said he wasn't going :(

and i didn't stay at hat's, i stayed with wife.

but sure.

Xelic and I just got our tickets today for 211 from Austin to Orlando off of Orbitz...but we're flying in Wednesday and out Monday so idk...

also, I still need a teams partner.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Thanks I got your teammate info.

Regional crews are gonna be MW, EC, WC, south, International, same state boundaries as at FC.
Also it's gonna be 15 people; 10 starters, 5 alternates. The starters have to pay but the alternates don't unless they play in the battle.

We're probably gonna only have time to do regionals, but we might do other crew battles if time permits.
So what do we do about crew leaders for the regions?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I don't know who's going to be the captain for East Coast/Atlantic North, but we pretty much know our line-up. Maybe Chillin can be the captain since he's the most experienced with crew battles.

Mew2King, dmbrandon, Inui, Azen, Chillin, Cort, and Velocity out of the people I know are coming will definitely be on it. PC Chris, D1, Bum, and a few others are assured to be on it if they show up.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I don't know who's going to be the captain for East Coast/Atlantic North, but we pretty much know our line-up. Maybe Chillin can be the captain since he's the most experienced with crew battles.

Mew2King, dmbrandon, Inui, Azen, Chillin, Cort, and Velocity out of the people I know are coming will definitely be on it. PC Chris, D1, Bum, and a few others are assured to be on it if they show up.
**** That is a tough line up.

I'm going to have to look ****ing everywhere to make a team that can even compete with that.

I gots this :). Too bad all our amazing melee players won't touch brawl lol. I have to search for new talent >_<. Time to go look at all the south tournament results lol.

Also:

ARIZONA IS SOUTH. I called it first.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
chu said he wasn't going :(

and i didn't stay at hat's, i stayed with wife.

but sure.

Xelic and I just got our tickets today for 211 from Austin to Orlando off of Orbitz...but we're flying in Wednesday and out Monday so idk...

also, I still need a teams partner.
Teams for brawl or melee?

Eggm

Smash Hero
Ok soooooooo I got off work and I found a ticket for 150 $ which is pretty cheap, I"m going to need help with housing and getting to and from the airport if anyone can help me with this I'll definitely go.

I Arrive on Wednesday at 11:15 PM. I forget when I go back but its like Sunday or Monday. So who can help me out? :)

I'll also need a beast teammate.

Also, I did the searches for Orlando airport correct??

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
yea same as eggm

and can some spot me just 4 the melee cause it cost me alot of money to get there and i dont have a job LOL

Frames

DI
Forget FC boundaries, use SWF Regional Zone boundaries, it's much better. Really.
Alright, we'll just use SWF boundaries, only we're gonna merge southwest with ATL south to be "South".

As far as captains go, I don't know enough about all your players to make that kind of descison, plus it's not my crew anyway, it's yours. I'm going to make a thread in ATL south to discuss our region, but as far as the others go, I want you guys to decide who you think should lead your regions and then get back to me. If nobody steps up and says anything then i'll just pick, but I think it should be up to your region to determine who best represents you.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
I still need a teamate aswell.......

But yeah.

Can't wait for this tourney.

And I'll get the money to you as soon as possible Queen :).

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Where are these imaginary $150 tickets?!!?! All I can find is $200 and up. =(

Anyway I might um 80% be going to this. I need housing, but I doubt anyone would do so =P so I might just have to get a hotel? Soooo yea haha.

AND I need a teammate :o

Top Bottom