• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's up-air

Ersijo

Smash Cadet
Yeah, fox's is better... You wanna hit with the last hit of the up air and at the tip of the hitbox (his foot)

FalconOwnage

Smash Apprentice
But in the video, Westballz got both hits (you can tell by the sound of the move), so how come Samus went nowhere?

Nuttre

Smash Apprentice
I personally love this move, it feels like a better PAL sheik uair, and it is so stylish. It's a shame that the hitbox is so jank.

Dubs_

Smash Rookie
I personally love this move, it feels like a better PAL sheik uair, and it is so stylish. It's a shame that the hitbox is so jank.
Yea, definitely. It's got plenty of niche uses for combo-ing at lower percentages. In particular, Zhu uses it a lot to reset opponents when they're trapped on a platform, and he used to mix in u-air -> shine during his pillars.
To me, it's ambiguous as to when it's better to u-air as opposed to d-air, as Falco is usually put in favorable situations either way. However, I absolutely love chaining in a u-air when I take an opponent up to a platform.

Last edited:

SomethingRaven

Smash Cadet
I also love falco's u-air. Those 2 hits boxs in the video are the weaker ones but if you can connect the tip of falcos foot on the second hitbox it'll send them in a weird direction either to the right or left. It also isn't very hard to follow up on so I use it a good bit.

mattmog12

Smash Rookie
Yea, definitely. It's got plenty of niche uses for combo-ing at lower percentages. In particular, Zhu uses it a lot to reset opponents when they're trapped on a platform, and he used to mix in u-air -> shine during his pillars.
To me, it's ambiguous as to when it's better to u-air as opposed to d-air, as Falco is usually put in favorable situations either way. However, I absolutely love chaining in a u-air when I take an opponent up to a platform.
In my experience (at least against a fox), pillaring with short hop dair --> shine stops working at about 50%. At this percent, if you want to extend the combo past an easy bair from here you need to go for either a short hop uair or weak hit bair into another shine/uptilt. This and up airs under platforms are about all i find use for unless i hit a floatie with a shine and need to kill off the top. But the short hop upair at like 50% is SO smooth and you win the swag battle right there if you can follow up after.

Top Bottom