• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's Phantasm Cancel

Abate

Smash Journeyman
Hi everyone,

I hope this isn't a question that gets reposted over and over...

Does anyone know a good way to be consistent with shortening the distance of Falco's phantasm? I feel like I have no control over when I get it or not.

Thanks!
Abate

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
well actually this is a question that gets posted over and over. and the answer is always "just learn the timing" with varying degrees of explanation on the mechanics. so, just learn the timing.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Try mashing the button instead of timing. It sounds bad and inconsistent, but I do it all the time and I get it something like 95% of the time. Timing it is almost as easy anyway though, because I don't mash for Fox's and am almost as good at it.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know a good way to be consistent with shortening the distance of Falco's phantasm? I feel like I have no control over when I get it or not.

Thanks!
Abate
The prog method: start it, say pause in your head, then press b. idk, works for me.

VitaminStevie

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone. I know this thread is pretty old, but I found a method that works pretty well for me.

I watch Falco's back foot. Once it kicks out, that's when I go for the shorten.

Hope this helps anyone it can.

Alexander Duprey

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1865-0311-7929
I'm pretty consistent with shortening, I just press b as soon I see Falco move. I guess in a way that is still timing, but I use a lot of visual queues when I play.

jacobpilawa

Smash Cadet
I'm fairly consistent (about 80% of the time) and what I try to do is hit B when I want to stop. It sounds crazy, but it works. You end up hitting B a lot soon than you'd think, most of the time, shortening to either the shortest or second shortest.

Zekk

Smash Apprentice
Lol Abate what I do is I first learn how fast I have to do it then just mash the B button twice right as you hit your direction works every time for me

Red Rice

Smash Journeyman
Try mashing the button instead of timing. It sounds bad and inconsistent, but I do it all the time and I get it something like 95% of the time. Timing it is almost as easy anyway though, because I don't mash for Fox's and am almost as good at it.
Haha, do you still do this Bones?

Bones0

Smash Legend
Haha, do you still do this Bones?
No. I do a lot of mid-distance shortens these days so it's just easier to time it every time. It also gives me a very slight reaction buffer because I don't need to start mashing immediately. I can react as late as possible to where the opponent is to determine which distance I should use.

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
Abate
Counting frames might help, though that's quite hard. IIRC you have between frames 24-29 to shorten.

Top Bottom