• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's NEW move-set changes known so fare!

listentomook

Smash Apprentice
it looks like falcos up B does damage in the charge up now, and when he hits you with it it does multiple hits rather than one knockback attack... Seems to be improved...falco looks like hes gonna have some business to throw down

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Is it me or does Falco look slightly bigger? Actually, I think Corneria got smaller. In that one video with Lucario and Falco fighting on Corneria, they looked bigger.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to maining Fox, Falco, or Wolf. I love their playstyle. They are all enough alike for me to feel as if I'm using the same character, but have such different attacks. Besides, they all look stunning. Falco's upgraded look is hella awesome. And Wolf looks freakin' sweet.

Zero_P

Smash Ace
I love his Fair. spinning drill with his beak, thats how he should have been in melee!

God falco you became so sexy all of a sudden.

edit: whoa...at the end of that second video did you guys see that? Was that one of his taunts? It's sweet

Joshers744

Smash Rookie
I love using Falcon in Melee. Probably best with him out of all the characters.
Glad to see he's got some new moves now though!

Adi

Smash Lord
Who knows how he's going to be. The new shine, nair, and fair all have the potential to greatly hurt or help him, only time will tell how he is he in the scheme of things.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Falco is not a clone anymore!, just luigified... I only wish he had a different final smash then he would truely be more unique

Kevin

Smash Journeyman
From what I can tell, he looks worse than in Melee, slower overall as well as the down air. However, since it makes him less of a clone, it's a good thing :)

Who knows, he could be better, but just judging from a few videos that's what I would say.

Black/Light

Smash Master
From what I can tell, he looks worse than in Melee, slower overall as well as the down air. However, since it makes him less of a clone, it's a good thing :)

Who knows, he could be better, but just judging from a few videos that's what I would say.
IMO, more original=better.
I love that my melee main has been de-cloned and thats all that matters to me. I would actually like that people would look at me as someone who likes a character for them being a character that fits me and not just as someone who only plays top tiers if he is actually nerfed.:p

And you seem to have a good eye, care to list and detail the attacks he has shown in these vid and how they are different this time around for the first page?

And does anyone have any idea as to why his B> is soo. . .odd? Sometimes it's super long, sometimes its mid and sometimes he doesn't even dash all the way. . . like it crapped out on him at the last min:ohwell:
@ 3:04 of this vid. . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86qgmn6pP4s

Starscream

Smash Ace
He probably just stopped his Side B early. It's in Melee too for Fox and Falco. You hit B at the right time during the Illusion/Phantasm and you'll stop short.

saberhof

Smash Master
what i love more about that video, is that he can still spike and come back to the stage =D...

heres some stuff i can tell you

high shl>down smash at 1:21

and it looks like he can still spike with his Side b 2:50 =O

and 2:58, double Shlaser> spike =O

his up tilt is now like him, spreading his arms...

he techs(?) at 1:49

and thats all i saved =O

LeTECK

Smash Rookie
IMO, more original=better.
I love that my melee main has been de-cloned and thats all that matters to me. I would actually like that people would look at me as someone who likes a character for them being a character that fits me and not just as someone who only plays top tiers if he is actually nerfed.:p

And you seem to have a good eye, care to list and detail the attacks he has shown in these vid and how they are different this time around for the first page?

And does anyone have any idea as to why his B> is soo. . .odd? Sometimes it's super long, sometimes its mid and sometimes he doesn't even dash all the way. . . like it crapped out on him at the last min:ohwell:
@ 3:04 of this vid. . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86qgmn6pP4s
Most of the moveset I got from these video:
Video 1: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=86qgmn6pP4s
Video 2: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=bB6X-hp8QtM
Video 3: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk9xKVsegWE

B) - Blaster

Looks like still only one blaster, shoots Blue, You see him rapid shooting at 2:57 of Video 1, shoots a bit faster

B^) - Fire Bird

Same as in Melee, except it looks like the distance was increased. 2:59, maybe its just me but he seems to go much higher

B>) - Falco Phantasm

Same as in Melee, except distance was increased. 1:12, noticable distance as he goes from off the map to almost the center of it.

Bv) - Reflector?

It looks like he has his reflector at 1:50 in video 2. I think this is similar to Sheik's chain, where you can either have the chain just sit there, or you can move it around.

A) - Quick Jab
Still looks like a Jab...

A,A) - 2 Jabs
A quick jab, one with each hand?

A,A,A) - Spinning punchy thing
He Starts off with the 2 jabs, and then continues with a crazy spin with both arms out.

ftilt) - Kick
He runs and kicks, just like in Melee

utilt) - Arm swing
He swings both arms, in a 2 hit combo and KB. Video 1 - 1:00

dsmash) - Splits
He still does the splits and it still has lots of horizontal KB.

fsmash) - Headbutt/Double Punch?
He headbutts the guy, lots of KB.

Nair) - Quick Jab in mid air
Just a quick jab in mid air, KB.

Fair) - Headbutt
He spins in mid-air and headbutts, kind of like is Melee NAIR, except he uses his head and spins instead of 3 kicks.

Dair) - Spin Kick
Still the same fundementals of Melee, but in some video's it doesn't spike, and in others it does. Looks like it has to be sweet spotted (Think marth's Dair err..or was it his fair?)

Uair) - Flip Kick
Same thing as in Melee, it looks more similar to foxes Melee flip kick in the fact that the KB seems to be alot higher.

Bair) - Ima just call it a Ninja Kick
He sticks out his leg and kicks him with lots of KB

uthrow) - Uthrow
Grabs the person, and then punches him to the way he is facing

Taunt 1) - Melee taunt, he spins
Taunt 2) - Much like fox's taunt, he eggs the opponent on
taunt 3) - The most awesome one, he kicks his shine like a hacky sack :D

I'm not quite sure on his Bair and Dair, but from the video's that what i make out of his moveset =\ I'll post more when I figure out more

saberhof

Smash Master
uthrow?....how is it an uthrow, if he throws him the way hes facing...wouldnt it be a front throw?

His up air is back the same: 1:14

His NAIR is like peach's nair same.

his FAIR is the head butt that hits multiple times.

that seems more logical...

also:

You can still Dair from the platform, and you can still spike from the ledge, you just have to aim it right...

saberhof

Smash Master
nice, i can see his laser still has a nice knock in it =O

theres a nice spike 2:29 =O omg

(*im so exited xD*)

LeTECK

Smash Rookie
uthrow?....how is it an uthrow, if he throws him the way hes facing...wouldnt it be a front throw?

His up air is back the same: 1:14

His NAIR is like peach's nair same.

his FAIR is the head butt that hits multiple times.

that seems more logical...

also:

You can still Dair from the platform, and you can still spike from the ledge, you just have to aim it right...
Oh my bad, yea thats his Fthrow

and his Fair is the headbutt, i just saw it in this video

http://www.wifiwars.com/?q=node/75

Match#12

Black/Light

Smash Master
Just updated the first post. Im trying to get some names down for these attacks so bear with me:p

E T

Smash Rookie
His recovery looks much better and why do all the characters float so much also it looks as though he can shot multiple of times just in one jump SH quad Laser lol

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
I remember another name for it, Luigified.
I like Luigitized, but it's the same. Either way I'm generally happy with the final outcome of things... we all were so amped from the earlier info that we expected several more unique fighters but even changing up some of the basic attacks is enough to make me appreciate the effort behind it. Only two things bugging me now are Ganondorf being alike to Cpt. Falcon and the absence of Ridley. I'll get over it once I get to play as Dedede.

SilintNinjya

Smash Apprentice
"It looks like he has his reflector at 1:50 in video 2. I think this is similar to Sheik's chain, where you can either have the chain just sit there, or you can move it around."

not true. you cant hold it out there. it has a set distance it goes out, and comes back. holding down B does nothing.

S0crat3s

Smash Apprentice
The Wing Cyclone is a good change from Fox's repeat roundhouse...Although I hope his Dair still spikes, or else I've lost Drill Pounder (fastfall dair while foe is on the ground, dair while they're in the air, repeated)...And it also looks like they changed his Fair, so pulling off Stairway to Heaven (fastfall Bair, followed by a bunch of Fairs without letting the opponent touch the ground, then finishing with a Uair) will be a bit harder...:/

Better make some new, better combos...

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Yeh his F-air is a drill beak move but even with L-canceling it lags a bit at the end so its not the best thing for shfflcing but when used high up its not bad, I didnt get to play around with him too much but I am impressed with his new style.

saberhof

Smash Master
@ Mr: Phantasmo: what if you get all the hits in on the Fair/drillbeak, does it knock back the opponent?...thats all id like to know about it...

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure, when I played it at a mates place (he imported it) there was five of us so we all played-free for-all most of the time so we were just beating each other up, not really worried about the exact effects of all the moves. When I next see my mate I'll ask him about it.

Top Bottom