• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's forward B

Avenger7x

Smash Cadet
Q: If you use falco's forward B to grab the edge is there a change in recovery time if u cancel the move before grabbing the edge?

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Yes, depending on where you cancel it I believe it can be slightly slower. If you cancel it far enough from the edge to get that "magnet hands" effect on the edge, you'll see what I mean. The difference is pretty minuscule, but It sometimes can be the difference between getting tippered from marth's fsmash and living.

Vro

Smash Lord
By pressing B within a small time frame, you're able to shorten the length of his forward B. There are different lengths you can adjust it to, so play with it.

technomancer

Smash Champion
If you jam onto the edge you'll grab on during the animation as you drop a little, meaning it's slightly faster, but if you come up short then you'll float forward a bit before you grab, taking a lil more time. I'll check SDM's to see if there's another difference, but I don't think there is.

Vro, for god's sake read the post!

Ed: SDM's

-------------------------------------
Falco Phantasm

Total: 59
Falco starts moving away: 17
Hit: 18-21
Time to press B and stop Falco: 17-20
Can grab edge as early as 25

Landlag: 20
Landfallspeciallag: 3

Credit to SuperDoodleMan obviously