• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's Footstool Combo

Dpete

Carnifex
3DS FC
0834-1794-6801
So this is a true combo? I know on the Kirby boards we thought we had a nice footstool combo to jab lock, but it had a couple frames that allowed your opponent to escape.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
*bumps*

Why does nobody do this?
It's insanely easy to pull off in real matches. You can do it with just one downthrow and works toooo many characters.

J4pu

Smash Champion
... nobody could ever pull this off against anybody good
all they have to do is roll in the like 4 second window after you jump off their head
it was a nice try for a combo but even the characters with shorter double jumps deemed these techniques unusable.

I'm sure everybody understood that 4 seconds was an exxageration but in case you didnt the window is actually a full second, ample time to roll...

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
... nobody could ever pull this off against anybody good
all they have to do is roll in the like 4 second window after you jump off their head
it was a nice try for a combo but even the characters with shorter double jumps deemed these techniques unusable.

I'm sure everybody understood that 4 seconds was an exxageration but in case you didnt the window is actually a full second, ample time to roll...
If you can down throw to Dair, you can down throw to foot stool.

J4pu

Smash Champion
YOU DONT HAVE TO TECH TO ROLL YOU INCOMPETENT MORON

when you are lying on the ground you have 4 options: Stand up, get up attack, roll left, roll right

This technique requires them to do the 5th option... lay there like an idiot waiting for falco to come down.

even a well timed get up attack will give invincibility frames during falco's Dair.

I know very well you can't tech a footstool, stop misunderstanding what I'm saying.

Enochuout

Smash Journeyman
What he means to say, is that you are rendered unable to do anything after an aerial footstool. Even if you get footstooled into the ground, you have to just sit there and wait until the footstool lag ends. I can't say the combo works for sure since there could be other factors that confound the technique, but as far as the footstool portion goes, it's sound logic.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Somebody show me a vid of this being done on a Level 9 computer and then I'll believe you can do it. Falco jumps way too high for them to be stuck laying on the ground for the full amount of time it takes him to rise all the way up and FF back down, that's why this isn't seen very often, it's flashy and cool looking but in competitive play won't work unless you completely surprise them. The same problem came into occurence with (almost) all of the foot stool combos that were found within like a week of this one coming out, thus the end of hearing about them all.

If someone proves me wrong with this I guess I should quit Falco and move to MK where it doesn't require skill to be good.

Enochuout

Smash Journeyman
If someone proves me wrong with this I guess I should quit Falco and move to MK where it doesn't require skill to be good.
Ummm, what makes you come to that conclusion? If the footstool combo does work, then 1) It doesn't do that much damage, 2) It can only be started within a certain percentage, and 3) If it didn't take skill, everyone would already be doing it.

You seem to be unnecessarily upset with this potential technique.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Ummm, what makes you come to that conclusion? If the footstool combo does work, then 1) It doesn't do that much damage, 2) It can only be started within a certain percentage, and 3) If it didn't take skill, everyone would already be doing it.

You seem to be unnecessarily upset with this potential technique.
What i mean was that I would clearly suck if i wasn't able to do it yet it was a fool-proof strategy, and therefore i would need a character that didn't require as much skill to play as falco, thus MK, not insulting falco here, insulting myself.

And because the footstool combo leads into a laser lock it does do "that much damage."
It would replace the CG for characters that Falco can't CG but can laserlock, and possibly even some that he can CG but can't spike to their death.

I'm not mad with this tech, i think it is truly awesome and a great find, I am just very very sure it can be rolled out of without too much effort.

waks

Smash Journeyman
What if you skip the footstool and went directly to Dair ~ Laser lock? Will that work as well?

Izaw

Smash Ace
Seems way too hard to do since .. opponents always try to spam their way out of a chaingrab.

Top Bottom