• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's Dair, if you could help, that would be great.

pieisamazing

Smash Cadet
I play Fox. My friend plays Falco.

Okay, that's out of the way. I have a couple questions.

One: Is Falco's Dair a spike and therefore cannot be meteor-cancelled? I think I used those terms correctly...

Two: Why do I not see more of the pros using Falco's Dair against Fox? Due to his predictable recovery and the long duration of the Dair's hitbox, it seems like it would be easy to send any recovering player to his doom. I've watched many of Silent Wolf's videos (where he plays Falco) along with several other random Falco videos, but I just don't see it being applied. The players seem to instead like to edgeguard with Bairs and sometimes Utilts.

Three: I try to be unpredictable with my recovery, but it doesn't always work out. Is there a flaw I can exploit in Falco's Dair to increase my chances of making it back to the stage and not getting gimped?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
I play Fox. My friend plays Falco.

Okay, that's out of the way. I have a couple questions.

One: Is Falco's Dair a spike and therefore cannot be meteor-cancelled? I think I used those terms correctly...

Two: Why do I not see more of the pros using Falco's Dair against Fox? Due to his predictable recovery and the long duration of the Dair's hitbox, it seems like it would be easy to send any recovering player to his doom. I've watched many of Silent Wolf's videos (where he plays Falco) along with several other random Falco videos, but I just don't see it being applied. The players seem to instead like to edgeguard with Bairs and sometimes Utilts.

Three: I try to be unpredictable with my recovery, but it doesn't always work out. Is there a flaw I can exploit in Falco's Dair to increase my chances of making it back to the stage and not getting gimped?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
One: yes, it is a spike and can't be meteor cancelled, and you got the terms correct =)

Two: falco's dair is edgetechable; that's part of the reason. As for silent wolf, he likes to be flashy. Dair is a very good edgeguard on fox at a low-medium level of play, but if the opponent is good at ledgeteching, options like ledgehop bair may be better.

Three: Like above, ledgeteching. That's basically it. =\

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
When Silentwolf plays as Falco, sometimes he still thinks he's playing as Fox. :)

As for your trouble, there's not much to say except ledgetech (as the guy above me pointed out) and to just not get hit by it in the first place (which is pretty obvious and sounds stupid when I say it but whatever). Try changing your recovery even more. Don't aim in obvious places, switch up between up and side B. Switch up between sweetspotting and not sweetspotting, you know, that kind of stuff.

Actually it's the other way around lol. I play my Fox similar to my fFalco if anything. I play Falco way more than Fox.

Stormblast

Smash Journeyman
PAL dair is not meteor cancelable >_< its still a spike.

The later part of it sends you at an 45° angle though. but the first part spikes just like the NTSC version.

Top Bottom