• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon's Neutral Game

Hooninator

Smash Rookie
Hello Smash Community,
I have been playing Captain Falcon a fair amount recently, but there is one main area with him that I struggle with. The neutral game. I was wondering what Falcon's most reliable options are in the neutral game, and how the neutral game should be handled in general. Thank you for your time.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Falcon has no reliable, 100% safe option in the neutral, as his main gameplan is baiting the opponent into an error or landing a successful mixup. What you can use though :
-spaced autocanceled aerials
-dash dances and backrolls
-spaced Dtilt and Ftilt

Ree301

Smash Apprentice
They make it sound so simple lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYWXCTKKDV0

My neutral game revolves around (extended) dash dances and fox trots, empty short hops and aerials that occupy/ threaten space I think the opponent wants (pretty much covered by @ teluoborg teluoborg ). Most importantly imo is dash dance as it gives the impression that Falcon is immobile.

Top Bottom