• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon Lucina MU

Scruffy_Scoundrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Scruffy_Avenger
3DS FC
1805-3603-6917
I couldn't find a thread for this match up sorry if it already exists. I have a lot of trouble against Lucina (and by extension Marth). I try to space my uairs and nairs to approach as I do in most MU's but I can't get past the sword and lose stage control quickly. They always use fair to beat out my uair when we're offstage or in the air and no matter what I do I feel like I'm caught in their rhythm and never have to chance to mount an offensive. I was wondering what I could do in this match up to tip the scales in my favor and what would be my best options against these characters?

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Honestly, I haven't had much of an issue against Marth and Lucina in this game. Falcon's dash grab allows him to get around a lot of that range that use to be an issue. Mixing it up with Raptor Boost and Bair pressure makes Lucina and Marth a lot easier to deal with. As always, you want to shorthop and fastfall everything. FH Nair > Up+B still works in this game, so make use it if the opportunity allows it. You can also do FF FH Nair > JabJab > Grab shenanigans.

Personally, I make it my goal to get the two of them above you. Because Marth and Lucina both have pretty weak options when opponents are beneath them. They also-- like Falcon-- rarely ever go above short hop range because their aerial pressure is terrible at full hop distance. If you can get them with Dthrow or Raptor Boost, just keep up the pressure. Dash and shield to bait something when they're trying to land. If you go in with Uair pressure, be weary because they'll usually panic with counter or air dodge because they know their options are bad against Falcon's Uair. You can usually punish the counter with regrab or fake out with a double jump fastfall Knee. I've lost track of how many knees I've landed on Marth and Lucina in this game so far. It's easier than ever.

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
This should help you out. We discussed this match-up on the Marth Character Board. Discussion begins around page 1 of that thread and ends around a little bit less than midway to page 2. There were a lot of C. Falcon mains giving feedback as well. Its mostly from a Marth perspective but if you know what Marth is trying to achieve in the match-up you should know how to respond with C. Falcon. Place Lucina above you to limit her options. Our aerials do have some end lag. So after the hit-box is down you should can punish. Just be careful out of the stage since we can gimp C. Falcon with Fair, Bair.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
What @ Darky-Sama Darky-Sama said. Except I use Raptor Boost to kill, not to combo.

As always in a match-up with someone who has a counter, try to figure out when are they using the counter, if ever. That way, you can easily bait them for a free knee (if you're precise with your knees, that is, which can be a bit hard).

Nate22Hill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nate22Hill
I couldn't find a thread for this match up sorry if it already exists. I have a lot of trouble against Lucina (and by extension Marth). I try to space my uairs and nairs to approach as I do in most MU's but I can't get past the sword and lose stage control quickly. They always use fair to beat out my uair when we're offstage or in the air and no matter what I do I feel like I'm caught in their rhythm and never have to chance to mount an offensive. I was wondering what I could do in this match up to tip the scales in my favor and what would be my best options against these characters?
watch the end of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqPn3f7Wjk8 you should watch the whole thing as well because its very helpfull

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
Lucina generally walks slowly in neutral and uses her range to keep threats away. If you keep trying to rush in with a dash grab, you're gonna get bopped. Though her attacks come out fast, they have a lot of endlag, you can use this to punish. That said, don't forget that she can go from slow wall to lightning bruiser in a microsecond. Always be ready for a sudden change of pace.

Chud

Smash Rookie
NNID
A3R0dynamic
Lucina can catch you in some nasty combos. With her longer range, rushing in as falcon can lead to getting bodied. Maintain good spacing and wait for the right times to come in and start combos with dash attack and grabs.

Top Bottom