• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon Kick to Knee

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
This is goofy and unpractical.... I like it.

I did on a level 1 CPU Marth yesterday, I've yet to try it in friendlies. It was pretty sweet. This is probably my favorite suicide kill other than the sacred combo.

EDIT: I did it off-stage.

Pi

Smash Hero
Pretty sure it's not a combo considering the opponents hitstun wears off before the kick does. Maybe if you space the kick far enough from them perhaps, but even then it doesn't send em in the best direction to land a jump knee off.
Maybe if you ledge cancel it(possible?)

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
no the closer you are when you hit them the shorter you go

it could be a combo in a certain di

but definitly not inescapable

Scar

#HarveyDent
Yeah that about sums it up

edit: lol @ canismash's question, there is no way that this can possibly combo ever, cooldown lag from falcon kick is ridiculously long, hitting with it at any point would not provide enough hitstun for any sort of knee to occur, the only way that it could possibly work is if the move was edge canceled which i don't think it can be, plus then it wouldn't look as sweet

Mokumo

Smash Ace
what about falcon kick to... any other move?

i mean, if you can hit someone with any other move, except maybe utilt, you can get a knee off.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
what about falcon kick to... any other move?

i mean, if you can hit someone with any other move, except maybe utilt, you can get a knee off.
when I pulled it off it was the result of My character just barely going off the stage. As a result I was able to do a jump knee and DI back on the stage. It was classic. However it's not something I would attempt in a serious match.

calmchaos

Smash Apprentice
OO OO How bout this for something hideously dumb w/ falcon kick.
Say someone is coming back at mid %. on FD or FoD
You moonwalk off (so you're facing the stage) then double jump and falcon kick down towards the stage so it hits them and you go sliding down next to the stage.
Then use the jump to wall jump off the stage and hit them with a knee (over B may be more reasonable because of the way that an in air falcon kick hits).

That's just stupid enough to work.... in the sense that it probably works in no situation imaginable.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman

I did on a level 1 CPU Marth yesterday, I've yet to try it in friendlies. It was pretty sweet. This is probably my favorite suicide kill other than the sacred combo.

EDIT: I did it off-stage.
Exactly :)

With the high amount of sandbagging Falcons out there, I was just hoping somebody caught this event on footage. It seems not though.

Ganon can Warlock Kick techchase off the stage and punish with uair/fair/upb/aerialwarlockkickspike too, though I'm not sure if it's a combo. It's a lot easier to follow up than Falcon Kick though.

calmchaos: That combo sounds amazing. I would probably go for a walljump then second jump if possible though, it looks slightly flashier.

Scar: If you are making 'I Killed Mufasa' a trilogy, make sure to include the aforementioned combo. I believe in you.

calmchaos

Smash Apprentice
I don't think it would be possible to walljump without using the air jump gained from the kick.
But if someone makes this combo work... it's going to be called the aviator :p lol
It's possible to do and get back to the stage... but I don't know if you can hit someone with both moves.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
I think it may be possible on FoD?

P.S. Falcon Kicking to edgeguard Falco's unsweetspotted sideB is fun sandbagginess.

calmchaos

Smash Apprentice
On FoD I don't think it's possible to get right up next to the pillar without the jump.
Only reason I know this is because I like to trick my friend into thinking I'm going to kill myself. And when he rushes down to try to get the kill, I jump back up. Just stupid stuff.
Never thought it would have any use.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
OK, did some testing with this. There are a few simple rules that must be followed, and then this becomes just as easy to hit as gentleman to knee. (Not easy, not every time, but oftentimes)

From what I can tell, there are quite a few different strength hitboxes in this move. You can combo into knee with all of them except the first one that hits away.

There are 2 more that I have seen. The middle, and the very end.

The middle one is about 1.5 cfalcon body lengths away from the starting point. With most DI, you can FKK (falcon kick knee) fox at 135-140. Falco percentage is about the same.

The ending hitbox is very weak, and can combo fox/falco at around 190 into a knee.

When the falcon kick hits offstage falcon does not go flying forward like he usually does. He pretty much stops. Offstage I was able to hit a the ending weak box directly into a knee. No jump. I died of course, but here is how it went. Falco side b starts, I start falcon kick. I catch him with the very end of my kick and he basically goes nowhere and starts to fall. I fall at the exact same rate, start a knee during my fall and hit him with it. Looked like a dropzone.

I have also discovered the ultimate in situational yet completely plauseable FKK combos. Percentage and DI is iffy on this one, but fox needs to be at about 125-130% this time. Fox is standing in the corner of the fin. Falcon is standing at (or a bit behind) the junction of the grey plane body and the black jet. He falcon kicks, hits the wall, does his jump and flip. You then start a knee as soon as possible as you fall, and if everything goes as planned fox falls right in front of you the same moment as your knee comes out. It works folks. And better yet when you hit that knee, they will bounce off the fin and you can walljump off of the fin and knee them again. (they probably will not be able to tech because they were trying to tech the ground earlier and will get screwed over by the 40 frame rule).

That is the best I can do. Enjoy, and try it yourself =]

Top Bottom