• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon CUSTOMIZE! What could his custom specials be?

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
The Good Captain has appeared in a game with custom specials. What could they be?

I'm imagining a Nspec where he launches the flaming falcon forward as a projectile.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
This thread may get moved to the Captain Falcon Move-set Discussion but owell.

:GCB: = Falcon Punch

Rapid / Explosive Falcon Punch: tap-able or chargeable you decide! Falcon with this custom option makes his falcon punch either quick punish or hard read punish with guiding DI properties to make his chasing & bruising potential even more dangerous with a mobile rapid hit or a charged FARUKON, PAAAUUNCHhhh. All it is, is a difference of time holding the button to get a different reaction.

Boost Fire! Punch: pressing the B button you go into a charging animation start-up, when finished channeling Captain Falcon releases a Falcon Punch so strong his forward momentum slides a set distance resembling a dash attack. Can be pivoted, Broversed, or Wavebounced if desired for different movement airborne or grounded.

:GCU::GCB: = Falcon Dive

Falcon Flight: Falcon's wings on his flight-suit's back ignite a fiery activation, momentarily giving Falcon a better distance upward dash attack that can be guided & is a active hit-box all the way through. Falcon's ending lag is him doing the somersault flip with fall special frames.

Falcon Lunge: Falcon retains his command grab mechanic, but instead of combustion releasing from the foe flipping backwards, you can guide the control either somersaulting forward like his original Falcon Dive, or you can combust & lunge off their head leaping higher vertical reach. So either choose horizontal or vertical option.

:GCL::GCB: or :GCR::GCB: = Raptor Boost

Burning Raptor Boost: Same start-up & animation as the regular Raptor Boost, Grounded, Falcon steps back however much it may, charging forward with fire left in his trail for hit-box coverage behind him ideal for versing spot-dodgers, shield holders, & dodge rollers who go behind Falcon's Burning Raptor boost, but doesn't rise a fist upward instead is a multi-hit fire fist that is smaller knock-back Used airborne Falcon still charges forward leaving fire behind him slowly falling that drags foes under it down for Abyss KOs, &

Raptor Boost Fire!: Large amount of Fire erupts from Falcon's dashing, following the trail of Falcon's arm as his hurt-box is still an active hit-box but erupts stronger than a regular Raptor Boost being a strong KO move if desired, despite it's longer start-up similar to Falcon Punch, but is an early Star KO move nonetheless. Off-stage or in the air this move has less start-up than it's grounded move usage, delivering a powerful Meteor Smash move that scales higher the more % they have.

:GCD::GCB: = Falcon Kick

Boost Fire! Kick: Shorter ranged kick hit-box slide, but trades off range with a larger stronger hit-box & knock-back. Instead of the original Falcon Kick slowing down or reducing momentum/speed when colliding with anything or anyone, Boost Fire! Kick doesn't reduce speed from colliding or hitting anything.

Extenze Falcon Kick: Falcon's kick reaches so far he covers practically 1/2 more distance than his regular Falcon kick. But is easily more stopped or reduces speed much more for each colliding object / foe he hits in his path. Safe approach if landing for a quick set-up combo to reach far distances but sacrifices the KO or meaty knock-back to make it fully safe on shield.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
He needs to have a firey falcon projectile as a neutral b customization.

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
I have an idea, and I think I want to wager something for it if someone thinks of an interesting wager. I am also surprised no one has posted this yet, but maybe it's in another thread, or another site. Anyway, here is my idea: Captain Falcon may receive at least one of the unique techniques he displayed in the reveal trailer. He would probably obtain them as special move variants. These techniques are the counter he used against Lucina, the wind punch, the high flips, and possibly, that high kick! So, my wager is that Captain Falcon shall receive one of these moves in his new moveset somehow. It is possible these moves were generic animations meant only for the trailer, but perhaps there is something more.
@ GalacticPetey GalacticPetey Clever, heheh.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I think a Falcon Punch that's as fast as the original Smash Bros would be an interesting customisation option! 0.0

Shog

Smash Ace
Falcon Slide, Falcon Boost, Falcon Destruco Disk...

actually, no I have no idea what B moves would be interesting. A fast and slow Falcon Pawnch would be nice.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
Falcon punch: Can be adjusted into a charge and hold move like DK's punch.

Raptor boost: Upon landing on hit(grounded) he gains an optional second punch follow up to catch blockers off guard. In the air it acts as normal but prevents him from falling helplessly on whiff.

Falcon kick: Similar animation to his f-smash from smash 64 while also keeping the flame effect, only it hits on both sides like his current d-smash. In the air his falcon kick becomes a drop-speed delaying flame kick somewhat like C.Viper's burn kick special from SF4.

Falcon dive: Same animation as before until the grab connects, from here CF will now grab his opponent by the head and bring them down into the stage floor/offstage for a suicide with great force akin to bowser's side-b. When used from standing up close he will simply kick them into the floor as he ejects himself above them with a jump.

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
Here's a Falcon Kick variation: Captain Falcon slides forward a set distance, then uses a strong Falcon Kick in place. It's like a weaker Falcon Punch that propels you before you attack.

Ting Sing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CADANAMAN
Maybe Captain Falcon's Up-B could have a distance / arc slider. The shorter the distance, the slower he is. You can only choose to have more distance or more arc to his attack. Maybe?

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
That seems fun. I am particularly excited to see what happens with Captain Falcon's up special. What will they do with it?!

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
Maybe one of his raptor boost customizations could be like in Project M (and maybe Brawl, I don't remember), where he goes forward a distance kind of like a recovery.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Finishing the Falcon Densetsu anime, he needs Boost Fire! somewhere in his specials, opinion finished.

Falcon's customized specials could implement charging, super armor, bigger hit-boxes, distance, multiple hits, & speed of the moves.
Things we could see with all of Falcon's custom move-sets that make it complicated insteadl of simple:

Falcon Punch:

• Fast start-up / Slower start-up
  • weaker knockback & damage / stronger knockback or OHKO & damage
  • chargeable
  • super armor
  • multi-hit
  • dashing animation while punching
Falcon Dive:
  • Falcon's hurt-box during his UpB will be a constant active hit-box aka, his UpB is a damaging move
  • The momentum & movement of his lunge is change-able being a dash-ability
  • May or may not have fall special frames after ending
  • Grab commands that have different inputs of attacking such as knocking away, spiking, or launching foes straight up
Raptor Boost:
  • longer dash / shorter dash aka distance
  • super armor
  • grab mechanic
  • usable for extra horizontal dash distance still able to use jumps & UpB
  • Different knock-back outcome of the airborne spike hit-box, such as knocking them away or upward.
Falcon Kick: Same reasons as Raptor Boost & for the recovery as Momentum Cancel, I'd like if FK went straight horizontal in a path or still remained as his vertical arch but customize the aerial usage to be straight downward attack that can potentially meteor smash aka Spike. How dope would that be!

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
This idea just randomly popped in mine head:

Falcon Ice Punch: Captain Falcon performs his Falcon Punch, but instead of projecting a falcon made of flame, it will be a blue falcon made of icy vapour. Instead of burning the opponent like the regular Falcon Punch would, the Falcon Ice Punch will freeze them solid.

His up, side, and down specials could be given an icy effect, too.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
This idea just randomly popped in mine head:

Falcon Ice Punch: Captain Falcon performs his Falcon Punch, but instead of projecting a falcon made of flame, it will be a blue falcon made of icy vapour. Instead of burning the opponent like the regular Falcon Punch would, the Falcon Ice Punch will freeze them solid.

His up, side, and down specials could be given an icy effect, too.
You know what, to hell with fire-based attacks I'm sick of so much fire & not enough everything else. I approve your post. Not sure if Falcon approves but we'll see!
On this relating topic I'm gonna go with adding onto your Ice element & have a Falcon Kick idea that, on the ground leaves an ice trail so his kick is a longer distance from the sliding ice kicking anyone in front of him puts them on the ice trail sliding as well. . replacing the knock-back with sliding distance launch, & the aerial Falcon Ice Kick will make a slide from his start-up beginning to the end of his landing on the ground with Ice appearing & shooting out a ice hit-box attack putting a "slow-down" status on nearby fighters.

What do you think about Electric type moves? His Knee if Justice already is electric so I thought, with the help of your random idea, would compliment Falcon with more JUSTICE specials. A Falcon Punch made of lightning. . .DAMN!

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Up-B:
-A Ken style shoryuken with flaming fists and all.
-A mid-air back throw.

Neutral-B:
-A projectile Falcon Punch, the animation is the same except the flaming falcon will act as a powerful projectile.
-A charging Falcon Punch, a fully charged punch creates an explosion about as large as Roy's when he fully charges his neatral-B.

That's all I got for now.

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
Yes. I was worried that I spoiled myself when I saw that. I suppose it is what I thought it was. The shorfalcon.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Every special move now has a Falcon Punch option, for maximum Falcon Punch.

Last edited:

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
Neutral special variation: Falcon Falcon Punch. Captain Falcon becomes the fiery falcon, and punches with his wing. It is surprisingly ineffective.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think I have an idea of what could work.

B2: Rapid Falcon Punch: Think of something similar to Chun-Li's Lighting Kicks, but with punches. You rapidly spam the B button to keep punching, but it does considerably less damage than the original Falcon Punch.

B3: Falcon Shot: This version is a projectile Falcon Punch. It's slightly weaker than the original, but since it's a projectile, it can hit targets further away.

Maybe one of his Falcon Kick variations can have dive straight down while in the air.

Silvalfo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Silvalfo
A Charge Shot/Giant Punch mechanic for Falcon Punch could be good.

Let's just charge everything. Chargeable Falcon Punch, Chargeable upB (like DIddy's) and chargeable Falcon Kick.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
:GCB: Fabulous punch
My friend this can be reality:

It's just so got-dayum beautiful & fabulously fantastic.
Maybe a Falcon Spike Kick. If used in the air, it spikes enemies but puts you into a helpless state.
As similar as that is to :ganondorf:'s :GCD::GCB:, & how easy it'd be to implement that making it less work I'd like that custom option. I just REALLY don't want Falcon having cloning qualities to :ganondorf: of all characters. It was bad enough seeing :ganondorfmelee: having an exact copy move-set of :falconmelee:. They were doing great when they made :ganondorf:'s move-set less-clone worthy to :falcon:.

Anyways, :4falcon: always approves of any custom idea for his move-set's shown, "Show me ya moves!".

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
I'll use his Special Moves.

Falcon Punch:
1. Regular
2. Less of a charge, and less power. (Think of it like Smash 64's Falcon Punch, but with less power)
3. A larger radius, but cannot be turned around (pivot).
4. A Falcon Punch that takes a larger charge, less damage, but can be cancelled out of.

Raptor Boost:
1. Regular
2. Falcon goes more of a distance, and slams his opponent into the ground.
3. Falcon goes slower, but does more damage than the regular version.
4. Falcon gets rid of the Raptor Boost and uses his gun that works like Wolf's Blaster, but faster.

Falcon Dive:
1. Regular
2. Falcon does his Shyrouken as shown in screenshots.
3. Falcon goes more of a vertical distance up, but cannot grab onto an opponent.
4. Falcon goes in more of an arc and goes faster.

Falcon Kick:
1. Regular
2. Falcon goes slower, but does more damage, similar to Ganondorf's Wizard's Foot.
3. Falcon goes faster and goes a farther distance, but does less damage.
4. Falcon goes at a great rate with a huge amount of damage, but also does recoil damage to himself. If it hits an aerial opponent, Falcon flies in the opposite direction.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ bigbro2233 bigbro2233
I like your customize ideas. Also do because you didn't go with the generic customization of his gun-usage for just pressing :GCB: but instead using SideB =:GCL::GCB: / :GCR::GCB: button. A lot of "Press :GCB: to shoot!" options are happening too much, but hey it's game history.

Interesting 3rd customize for Falcon Punch. I like the idea of limiting the move by first buffing it, giving it a larger radius of a flaming falcon, however it will be done. And then comes the limiting factor, not being able to turn around by pivot. If you cannot pivot by pressing :GCB: then holding the :GCN: to the :GCL: or :GCR: to perform the Pivot Special / B-reversal, would you be able to do the other options such as the TurnAround Falcon Punch? That input is a hard press to the :GCL: or :GCR: before pressing the :GCB: button, to literally change your facing direction to the opposite.
And what of Wavebouncing in Falcon's case, aka Double B Reversal AKA Reversed B reversal? If the limiting sacrifice of not able to pivot / B-reverse the Punch will that imply the DBR /RBR / Wavebounce mechanic is sacrificed as well?

I'm also assuming your 4th customize cancel-able button for a Falcon Cancel would be a trigger like is done for Melee / Brawl / PM by tapping or holding the :GCLT: or:GCRT: triggers.

All your other ideas are not debatable in speculation as I appreciated imagining all of those custom ideas.:shades:
Thanks for Posing~

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Falcon Kick for one of the :GCB: neutral special customs. Falcon Kick needs to be a custom or I'm not playing as him. :laugh:
(JK, obviously)

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
@ bigbro2233 bigbro2233
I like your customize ideas. Also do because you didn't go with the generic customization of his gun-usage for just pressing :GCB: but instead using SideB =:GCL::GCB: / :GCR::GCB: button. A lot of "Press :GCB: to shoot!" options are happening too much, but hey it's game history.

Interesting 3rd customize for Falcon Punch. I like the idea of limiting the move by first buffing it, giving it a larger radius of a flaming falcon, however it will be done. And then comes the limiting factor, not being able to turn around by pivot. If you cannot pivot by pressing :GCB: then holding the :GCN: to the :GCL: or :GCR: to perform the Pivot Special / B-reversal, would you be able to do the other options such as the TurnAround Falcon Punch? That input is a hard press to the :GCL: or :GCR: before pressing the :GCB: button, to literally change your facing direction to the opposite.
And what of Wavebouncing in Falcon's case, aka Double B Reversal AKA Reversed B reversal? If the limiting sacrifice of not able to pivot / B-reverse the Punch will that imply the DBR /RBR / Wavebounce mechanic is sacrificed as well?

I'm also assuming your 4th customize cancel-able button for a Falcon Cancel would be a trigger like is done for Melee / Brawl / PM by tapping or holding the :GCLT: or:GCRT: triggers.

All your other ideas are not debatable in speculation as I appreciated imagining all of those custom ideas.:shades:
Thanks for Posing~
Aw, thank you! The Falcon Punch idea is that you cannot pivot, but you can still do the Turnaround Falcon Punch. I don't know much about wavebouncing, but I assume that will be sacrificed as well. The Falcon Cancel pretty much works like you say, by pressing a block button, Falcon will stop the punch (he does this in the Lucina/Robin trailer, but in-game, in the cinematic).

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Aw, thank you! The Falcon Punch idea is that you cannot pivot, but you can still do the Turnaround Falcon Punch. I don't know much about wavebouncing, but I assume that will be sacrificed as well. The Falcon Cancel pretty much works like you say, by pressing a block button, Falcon will stop the punch (he does this in the Lucina/Robin trailer, but in-game, in the cinematic).
Interesting. Keeping TurnAround but removing Pivot Falcon Punch. It basically comes down to:
  • Do you want more AOE?
  • Or keep the increased launching power?
WaveBouncing for Falcon is kind of complicated, but was useful airborne & as a great mix-up airborne, especially in Brawl for recovering out of momentum. The Input is like a Pivot but instead you make an extra :GCN: input right or left after the pivot, aka one more :GCN: direction:
followed by = +

Pivot Right = Run + :GCX: left :GCL: then press:GCB:+ :GCR:

Pivot Left = Run + :GCX: right :GCR: then press:GCB:+:GCL:

WaveBounce Right = Run :GCL:+:GCX:+:GCB:+:GCR:+:GCL:

WaveBounce Left = Run :GCR:+:GCX:+:GCB:+:GCL:+:GCR:

WaveBouncing with C-stick in Brawl called B-sticking, just meant you set your :GCCN: set to specials. B-sticking makes WaveBouncing twice as easy to perform, so overall with pivoting removed from the custom idea, WaveBounced is 100% improbable.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Ok, here's two neutral :GCB: custom ideas:
1. Falcon Kick: Like the falcon punch except instead it's a side kick that deals a little more knockback than damage. Yells out 'FALCON KICK!'
2. Falcon Shot: It's about time Falcon pulled out his gun. It takes a short time to charge, and goes far, but doesn't have much knockback. Yells out 'FALCON SHOT'.

The Pizza Guy

Smash Apprentice
I have a neutral :GCB: custom move idea:
Downwards Falcon Pawnch!
If done on the ground he Falcon Punches the ground creating a Flaming Falcon shock wave that travels across the ground acting as a projectile.
If done in the air he faces downwards, his helmet falls off, and Falcon Punches downwards meteor smashing enemies as light glows from their eyes and mouth. Then Rick Wheeler shouts "Capten Farukon!"

Cody645

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cody645
3DS FC
5429-7944-5036
There should be a custom option where the Falcon Punch can be charged from a quicker but weaker punch or a charged up, more devastating one.

Top Bottom