• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Falco stage discussion

gameplayzero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroBlaze
I'm playing smash ladder soon and I was wondering what stages were best for falco to use. I wanted to brush up on my kirby and falco and now I feel confident enough to use them.

BltzZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BltzZ7
I'm playing smash ladder soon and I was wondering what stages were best for falco to use. I wanted to brush up on my kirby and falco and now I feel confident enough to use them.
All i know is Even the Omega for Lyllat is terrible! phantasm can slide through and under! its ridiculous lol

gameplayzero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroBlaze
All i know is Even the Omega for Lyllat is terrible! phantasm can slide through and under! its ridiculous lol
I REALLY hate that stage. 80% of the time I fight there when I play for glory, someone kills themselves (and I can say most of the time its me). I've gotten better about it though haha.

NotAnAdmin

Smash Journeyman
All of them seem OK, Battlefield, Eff Dee and Yoshi Story are always good picks.
For Omega I usually go for Lil Mac's stage, but since the differences are how ledges work you can just go for your favorite one, as you will already know where to go to recovery.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
i LOVE the arena ferox stage because if you happen to miss your phantasm you can walljump back onto the stage no problem :D

Soshii

Villageoise
NNID
kvlasco
3DS FC
1134-7845-8828
Picking a stage with Falco is really dependent on who you're facing. Falco has the tools to play around with ledges, but also has the tools to zone and camp many characters on flat stages.

Float SSB

Smash Cadet
NNID
Floatwall
3DS FC
0774-4349-7765
If I am going to play FD, I would rather play on an omega with walls extending to the bottom (like boxing ring or something similar) These let you do recovery mixups by doing phantasm too low -> walljump -> up-b

Last edited:

ArhyLis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AstralRaptor
3DS FC
5069-4138-6092
I think Falco functions really great in Battlefield!

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I think Falco functions really great in Battlefield!
I agree with this statement. Falco's number one jump means that he can get to the top platform with no difficulty. The platforms give him more areas to hit people with his B-air and they limit aerial characters' approach. The platforms also give him quick escape options as few characters can punish while there is such a huge gap between platforms.

Legend Vermillion

Spanish Brawl Competitive Player
I agree with this statement. Falco's number one jump means that he can get to the top platform with no difficulty. The platforms give him more areas to hit people with his B-air and they limit aerial characters' approach. The platforms also give him quick escape options as few characters can punish while there is such a huge gap between platforms.
Also more variety with the recover, you can phantasm to a platform to evade reads.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
Battlefield and Halberd are my top picks. The platforms and low ceiling makes U-throw > U-air VERY deadly.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I don't have a Wii U, so I'm going off of what I hear, but what about Delfino Plaza, Skyloft which isn't legal, right?, and Castle Siege?

The Duck Hunt stage might be an issue for Falco with the low ceiling, but since there's a lot of room, against some MUs, Falco can get a breather.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Unrelated to Falco, but related to the Duck Hunt stage: this iKill's Little Mac gets screwed over by the tree in this match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu-lyuOkOYE, at around 8:45 when the DK player, Patv notices he can exploit Little Mac's short jumps. So, someone could camp the stage.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I got pretty mad watching that. Poor mac :c
It's a valid tactic to timeout someone, but just sitting there like that was still infuriating. Anyway, Falco probably wants stages with low ceilings which could backfire on him in certain MUs. So, what MUs would he prefer to take to different stages like Castle Siege?

Top Bottom