• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco shine

Anton Koetzler-Faust

Banned via Warnings
Since you guys are a really good Falco players ;P, can you tell me how you get out of shine so fast. I always have to wait that quarter second to get out of shine

xman

Smash Cadet
You wavedash out of it hence the name waveshine. Basically how it works is th at the game mechanics allow you to cancel your shine with a jump and by wavedashing out of it, it allows movement right after. You can also cancel jumps during his squat animation with another shine which is called a double shine or you can cancel your jump with a grab which is called a shine grab

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Jump-cancelled shine -> Dair -> Fastfall is also used for Pillaring, but recently, I haven't seen many high-level Falcos using Pillaring. I'm not sure if people have just figured out that you can DI out of it, but it isn't as popular anymore. Multi shining is used a lot for shield pressure and to be great and consistent with it, you need Westballz-like tech skills.

MALVM MALVM

Smash Apprentice
From what I understand, you can sdi out of pillaring, and pillaring only builds %, it doesn't really help you get them to the edge very well.
Multishining is where you shine, jump out of the shine, and shine the first frame you're in the air. I think there's a thread about it somewhere that goes more in-depth.

Jackson

Smash Lord
Honestly, pillar combos are the centerpiece of my combo game and what I aim for at low/mid percents.

If that's not the optimal combo, what's a more.... guaranteed string of moves?

Last edited:
Top Bottom