• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Falco Patch History

Zionaze

Smash Ace
Idk the way I play falco makes this change seem like a nerf but if yall say its a buff then I wont question it

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Falco U-air is frame 7 now on the back end. Confirmed by testing against Bowser's Jab. Thanks to angle changes, U-air -> B-air is much easier to land for KO confirms.

The D-air change is sorta a buff and a nerf. Mostly a buff because you still have combos into U-air from it and now they aren't techable. Only a really minor nerf at high percents assuming your opponent doesn't tech the meteor.

N-air is waaay waaaay waaaaaaaaaay better now that it has autolink angle on the multihits. The 1% nerf is meaningless when it's a 3 frame aerial that can potentially KO (MUCH better for edgeguarding and juggling). Also it is now properly classified as a Special Offensive Collision, meaning it always sends your opponents the direction Falco is facing when you connect the final hit (this is super important in low% juggle strings after D-throw, now you don't have to guess which direction they will be sent when chasing them).
Did you report this to the universal patch thread? Also, once everything's been accounted for which means we need hit frame testing and stuff like that, Wulfy can be tagged for the update to the OP for this thread and Reflex or whoever is in charge for the universal patch thread. Going to nitpick a few things.

I believe Jab is now a Special Offensive Collision, I tried multiple times to get people to be knocked backwards by Jab. Couldn't make it happen, which means Jab is a lot less likely to randomly get you punished on hit if you're too close (you can still be too close and just completely whiff, but connecting the Jab at least is consistent).
I did ask, but since it's a while that I played, but Falco's jab might transition faster from jab 2 to rapid jab and rapid jab and rapid jab finisher might be faster as well. This would make Falco have one of the better rapid jabs in the game along with Robin and Palutena.

F-air animation is definitely sped up, not much else to say about that.
Fair might be as fast as Uair or Ftilt which means Falco has one of the faster moves - now it's just even faster - in the game and similar to Mario's incidentally since they both have a slow spike, Dair for Falco and Fair for Mario. Assuming so, Falco's ground options are a frame 3 jab, frame 8 Dash Attack - frame 6 please in the next patch -, frame 5 Utilt, frame 6 Ftilt, frame 7 Dtilt, frame 8 Up Smash, frame 17 Side Smash, frame 7 Down Smash, frame 8 standing grab - please frame 7 Melee grab in the next patch -, frame 10 dash grab, and a frame 11 pivot grab. In the air, his options would be a frame 3 Nair, frame 7 Uair, a frame 6-7 Fair, frame 4 Bair, and frame 16 Dair - nerf this please so we can have a frame 5 Dair without it being broken. The other irony is that Falco became more Brawl-like with a faster Fair.

Unconfirmed: less ending lag on grounded laser?
This is like the running gag of Falco patch changes. I have no idea. Thinkaman or someone with two systems could check.

Idk the way I play falco makes this change seem like a nerf but if yall say its a buff then I wont question it
Yeah, Falco's play style has been changing since Brawl. So Melee Falco was like this, Brawl Falco was like that, Smash 4 patch 1.0.0 Falco was like this, Smash 4 patch 1.0.3 Falco was like that, and now Smash 4 patch 1.0.8 Falco is like this. Basically you went from a zoner, rushdown, to a zoner, to a punisher and master edgeguarder, to a punisher, and now to a punisher who can combo hard.

So, his punish game, especially in the air has become more juggle orientated and horizontal when in the past it was more vertical because of how strong his Uair was and Fair was more for strict edgeguard reads while he can intercept quickly with Fair now. That said, I wouldn't have mind if his Uair still did 11% and was still powerful, but slower or if it was frame 7, did 10% to 11%, but still had a ton of knockback meaning Falco is more of a midair punisher than a juggler.

Last edited:

AmishTechnology

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KIMPHIE
Falco handles notably better. An extra 1% on your attacks means nothing if they don't even connect properly. Dair is now about as usable as Ganon/Falcon's stomps, fair comes out incredibly fast, nair is waaaay better in the neutral (HUGE buff), and Jab won't lolbackwards them.

The nair and fair changes are the most important buffs, they make Falco a much more playable character overall.

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Is it placebo or is Falco faster in the air? His Uair feels faster too, am I seeing things? He feels smoother with his air movement. Also, can someone explain the nair buff in layman terms, please? I didn't use it too much beforehand, it didn't feel the same as Brawl. And, is FH "full hop"? Lots of questions, but I'm excited after getting a chance to play tonight.

Last edited:
NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
My apologies guys, my systems have already been updated. :( I didn't expect a balance update to come and my Wii U had already self-updated by the time I could access it, so I'm not much help here.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Is it placebo or is Falco faster in the air? His Uair feels faster too, am I seeing things? He feels smoother with his air movement. Also, can someone explain the nair buff in layman terms, please? I didn't use it too much beforehand, it didn't feel the same as Brawl. And, is FH "full hop"? Lots of questions, but I'm excited after getting a chance to play tonight.
I have no idea for air speed and stuff. For Nair... Do you still have a copy of Brawl or remember much of Brawl? Or hell, Melee and PM could work. So in Brawl, Falco's Nair and Fair would have people fall out, Fair mostly because of SDI. Melee and PM, Fox and Falco's Fairs didn't exactly connect well either and I think Fox's Fair didn't connect well in Brawl either, but it was like a helicopter, so whatever. Now, Ike's Aether has Ragnell spinning and it'll connect pretty much all the hits in Brawl and Smash 4. Zelda's Nair also connects all of the hits in Smash 4 along with Fox's Fair and Falco's Fair. The reason is due to autolink angles...

Basically, changes to a move's properties, the hit angles, lets moves connect better and is extremely useful for multi-hits. Falco's Nair probably got this treatment allowing it to connect all 4 hits instead of sometimes connecting and sometimes not which was kind of fine since his Nair wasn't as bad as his Fair in Brawl which barely connected.

Koby_T

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kobyteith
Knockback on the laser of his uthrow seems a bit nerfed. I didn't kill Yoshi at +120%. Can anyone confirm?

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Knockback on the laser of his uthrow seems a bit nerfed. I didn't kill Yoshi at +120%. Can anyone confirm?
Yoshi's a heavy character... How about Mario? I used Pit for the KO percent tests on the 3DS on Final Destination and Omega stages. I probably will redo them with Mario on the Wii U when I get one... Anyway, it killed Pit at 187% with the laser and 270% without the laser... Yeah, there's no reason it should be killing Yoshi around 120% if Yoshi's heavier than Pit unless you're on a high platform or during a transition on Halberd or Delfino.

Last edited:

Koby_T

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kobyteith
Yoshi's a heavy character... How about Mario? I used Pit for the KO percent tests on the 3DS on Final Destination and Omega stages. I probably will redo them with Mario on the Wii U when I get one... Anyway, it killed Pit at 187% with the laser and 270% without the laser... Yeah, there's no reason it should be killing Yoshi around 120% if Yoshi's heavier than Pit unless you're on a high platform or during a transition on Halberd or Delfino.
For sure. Please disregard my ignorance :p

BltzZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BltzZ7
For sure his fair is different. One thing I noticed is nair doesn't send opponents behind falco. And so far haven't had any issues with jabbing and enemies getting behind falco while hes in the rapid animation to punish him.

Pre patch I'd notice my laser would sometimes do 2 percent now it's always doing 3%. Can anyone confirm?.

Dair feels like the meteor sweetspot part of it stays out longer to connect easier.

Haven't had anyone DI out of the last shot from b throw yet (please be true lol)

Really loving how nair hits connect and are not sending people behind me. I even tested hitting nair late so they're behind falco but it sucks them in. Some good stuff guys.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Pre patch I'd notice my laser would sometimes do 2 percent now it's always doing 3%. Can anyone confirm?.
Did you test this in Versus Mode or Training? It might have staled in Versus; moves don't stale in Training.

Really loving how nair hits connect and are not sending people behind me. I even tested hitting nair late so they're behind falco but it sucks them in. Some good stuff guys.
Dude, you'll love this then: https://youtu.be/5FXzYeU1TJA.

BltzZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BltzZ7
Did you test this in Versus Mode or Training? It might have staled in Versus; moves don't stale in Training.

Dude, you'll love this then: https://youtu.be/5FXzYeU1TJA.
Aw man I needed to see thats some awesome stuff! You can definitely pseudo chain grab FFnair. Someone up top found that I tested it. It's possible to get out but again a great option. Gonna practice some stuff from that video. The wind box was nice. Tested lasers in versus and you were right. Womp womp Womp

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Aw man I needed to see thats some awesome stuff! You can definitely pseudo chain grab FFnair. Someone up top found that I tested it. It's possible to get out but again a great option. Gonna practice some stuff from that video. The wind box was nice. Tested lasers in versus and you were right. Womp womp Womp
I wished IAN had posted it here on his own, but whatever. The windbox thing might not be a windbox. It might be the game freaking out and trying to figure out how to connect Falco's Nair autolink hits and his high jump. Zelda's Nair would probably freak out too if she had Falco's jump.

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
the meteor smash of falco phantasm seems stronger and may have a larger hitbox behind falco. Can anyone confirm this?

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
Down Air Sweet spot trajectory no longer meteors grounded opponents but sends upwards

Found this in the Roy (etc.) patch thread, does this mean that d-air can no longer meteor opponents at all? Does this help Falco at all or is this just a nerf? D: Sending opponents upwards sounds really not good for Falco.

NotAnAdmin

Smash Journeyman
the meteor smash of falco phantasm seems stronger and may have a larger hitbox behind falco. Can anyone confirm this?
I had this same thought..... maybe when the new frame date comes out we can know?

Last edited:

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
Wow I was not expecting a balance patch and I'm definitely happy about all the buffs he got. So can somebody confirm that his up air is faster? Is it any different in strength?

Woah huge buff: Falco's up smash now actually gets the strong hit when used under the battlefield platforms! That actually pissed me off a lot before, so that's great!

Last edited by a moderator:

Trunks159

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Trunks159
Yeah, Falcos upair got faster startup and cool down, so it combos into itself. Ff up air combos into up air, and another up air. Ff up air also feels safe on shield. Dtilt I think got faster, Bair feels like it got buffed.
Im happy with the buffs (though he did get some dmg nerfs)

dtilt>fair
dtilt>upair>upair/fair
uptilt>upair>upair/fair
upthrow>any aerials
upthrow>upair>upair/bair/fair
dthrow>fair
Dthrow>upair with bad di.
Between psuedo jab locks, up air strings, dtilt, fair, uair, and uptilt, falco is now lookin good.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Down Air Sweet spot trajectory no longer meteors grounded opponents but sends upwards

Found this in the Roy (etc.) patch thread, does this mean that d-air can no longer meteor opponents at all? Does this help Falco at all or is this just a nerf? D: Sending opponents upwards sounds really not good for Falco.
They sort of made his Dair function like Wii Fit Trainer's or his own Falco Phantasm. The easy part is this: the late hit always sends people at slightly up and horizontal degree. The spike itself has changed on how it interacts with opponents on the ground. Before, it would cause a ground bounce like most spikes such as Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, and Mario's spikes. This meant you could tech it which was easier since Falco's had hit lag. Now, it sort of does what Melee Falco's Dair did where you cannot tech it, but that's because it sends people up if you use Dair on grounded opponents instead of a programming error like in Melee that made Falco's Dair not read right and couldn't be teched - it was either Melee or Brawl. On airborne opponents, it'll spike normally.

So, Falco can't pull of frame cancel Dair spike locks, but he can still lock people with the late hit. In turn, people can't tech his Dair anymore if he uses them while he's on the ground. The video I linked above already had IAN figure out how to incorporate the new angle: https://youtu.be/5FXzYeU1TJA.

Y'know, this property really makes me want Falco to have a frame 5 or 8 Dair that is a really weak spike on airborne opponents, but on grounded opponents, it sends people up like this. Would have been a neat move if they could figure out how to not make it broken like in Melee and Brawl - the sheer spike power on a frame 5 move.

Wow I was not expecting a balance patch and I'm definitely happy about all the buffs he got. So can somebody confirm that his up air is faster? Is it any different in strength?
A2ZOMG tested his Uair against Browser's jab? and found it's around frame 7. For reference, that's 1 frame slower than Captain Falcon and Ganondorf's Uair or the same speed as Falco's Dtilt and Down Smash.

Woah huge buff: Falco's up smash now actually gets the strong hit when used under the battlefield platforms! That actually pissed me off a lot before, so that's great!
Really? It was always a pain when that happened. Most of the time, I'd go for Utilt because of that.

BltzZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BltzZ7
They sort of made his Dair function like Wii Fit Trainer's or his own Falco Phantasm. The easy part is this: the late hit always sends people at slightly up and horizontal degree. The spike itself has changed on how it interacts with opponents on the ground. Before, it would cause a ground bounce like most spikes such as Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, and Mario's spikes. This meant you could tech it which was easier since Falco's had hit lag. Now, it sort of does what Melee Falco's Dair did where you cannot tech it, but that's because it sends people up if you use Dair on grounded opponents instead of a programming error like in Melee that made Falco's Dair not read right and couldn't be teched - it was either Melee or Brawl. On airborne opponents, it'll spike normally.

So, Falco can't pull of frame cancel Dair spike locks, but he can still lock people with the late hit. In turn, people can't tech his Dair anymore if he uses them while he's on the ground. The video I linked above already had IAN figure out how to incorporate the new angle: https://youtu.be/5FXzYeU1TJA.

Y'know, this property really makes me want Falco to have a frame 5 or 8 Dair that is a really weak spike on airborne opponents, but on grounded opponents, it sends people up like this. Would have been a neat move if they could figure out how to not make it broken like in Melee and Brawl - the sheer spike power on a frame 5 move.

A2ZOMG tested his Uair against Browser's jab? and found it's around frame 7. For reference, that's 1 frame slower than Captain Falcon and Ganondorf's Uair or the same speed as Falco's Dtilt and Down Smash.

Really? It was always a pain when that happened. Most of the time, I'd go for Utilt because of that.
I'm testing Falco's throw for hitstun and against mario up throw to up air registers as a true 3 hit combo up till 78% (you gotta be quick on the double jumps)

Against mario D throw to dash attack is not too viable due to his weight however D throw to SH fair combos until 67%

Against mario at 64% Dthrow to Rar bair combos.

Against Roy at 107% Upthrow to up air kills and registers as a 3 hit combo.

Against Roy Dthrow to Rar bair combos at 85%

Against Roy Dthrow to dash attack combos at 63% but of course depends on DI

Against Roy D throw to SH fair combos until 83%

Last edited:

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
Falco's neutral air is now by far his best aerial and one of the best nair's in the game. The thing has a god damn windbox now.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
@ The 0ne The 0ne , I checked the Up Smash thing under Battlefield's platforms, but I only have a 3DS.
Unfortunately, I don't have a means to record this, but pre-patch, on Battlefield and under the lower platforms Falco's Up Smash would hit with either the 4% hit or the 12% hit depending on how you spaced it. Up Smash would rarely if ever connect both hits. You'd have to use Utilt if you wanted to hit from below a platform. Now, the 4% hit doesn't register - it did once against ROB - and only the 12% hit registers.

Tested on the 3DS against Dr. Mario, Bowser, Mr. Game & Watch, and ROB. Tried to check different hurtboxes. So, sort of a buff, but more of a mechanics or platform interaction change. Not sure if this is the same in the Wii U or on other stages with low platforms like Battlefield. It's also not a complete fix since I managed only once to connect the 4% hit for some reason. As long as the hitbix connects, it'll do the 12%. So reverse, straight below, or even spaces. I don't know why that one 4% happened though out of other tries.
anyone think the fsmash has a bigger sweetspot now?
Checking hitboxes might be an issue... Side Smash's sweet-spot is his hands with a sour-spot on his elbows and body, and a late hit.

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
@ Ffamran Ffamran it definitely works on the Wii U version. What probably changed was that the height of the first hit was lowered, which is why it whiffs. The second hit, as you said, could always reach the opponent on the platform, but it's just that the first hit comes...first.

@ Langston777 Langston777 I noticed this too. It seems to extend a little farther horizontally, and then the sour spot in turn as well because of this.

BltzZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BltzZ7
Yeah, Falcos upair got faster startup and cool down, so it combos into itself. Ff up air combos into up air, and another up air. Ff up air also feels safe on shield. Dtilt I think got faster, Bair feels like it got buffed.
Im happy with the buffs (though he did get some dmg nerfs)

dtilt>fair
dtilt>upair>upair/fair
uptilt>upair>upair/fair
upthrow>any aerials
upthrow>upair>upair/bair/fair
dthrow>fair
Dthrow>upair with bad di.
Between psuedo jab locks, up air strings, dtilt, fair, uair, and uptilt, falco is now lookin good.
Well the damage nerfs aren't so bad considering the knockback has been reduced to improve comboability. Feels better right off the bat tbh

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Falco's F-Smash seems to have gotten increased range and a large sweetspot. Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited:

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
Look up.

Also, I feel like lasers shoot just slightly faster on the ground. True?

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
So how are :4falco: mains liking the changes to their character? I was talking with Ally and he thinks Falco handles much better now and is usable and plans on showcasing him at our next weekly event (it will be streamed and recorded for those who wanna see). How do you guys think this changes the character? I know its only Day 3 but I'd like to hear general impressions if you don't mind.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So how are :4falco: mains liking the changes to their character? I was talking with Ally and he thinks Falco handles much better now and is usable and plans on showcasing him at our next weekly event (it will be streamed and recorded for those who wanna see). How do you guys think this changes the character? I know its only Day 3 but I'd like to hear general impressions if you don't mind.
He's better now but still have some problems like side b not having a full hitbox lmao. Also Tech chase holy crap we need to play online soon I heard you be pooping on kids with MK.

ZTD | TECHnology

Haha yeah dawg it's been a minute. And I'm still a scrub imo but I've been placing well and getting some recognition with my progress with MK. My state thinks I'm a "low tier hero" -_- lol. And yeah we should play sometime!

BltzZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BltzZ7
Man its just been so much fun, there are so many changes to my gameplay I use upthrow at lower percentages more to follow up with double nairs or nair to fair. D throw to nair nair nair feels awesome.

He's racking up damage and harassing people way more. ZSS was a rough matchup for falco but now it feels even with the new nair and fair competing with her down b.

ZTD | TECHnology

That's nice to hear. I ask these questions because I am interested in the character. Always liked Falco and played him Brawl so was really mad when they nerfed him to the degree that they did coming into Smash 4. I don't need top tier (I main MK and perform well with him if that says anything) to do well. I just wanna play a character who's competent and fun. So naturally when I heard the news about Falco and then Ally posting his opinion, I was very curious.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Haha yeah dawg it's been a minute. And I'm still a scrub imo but I've been placing well and getting some recognition with my progress with MK. My state thinks I'm a "low tier hero" -_- lol. And yeah we should play sometime!
Join the club i'm in the same boat. Try playing Falco, Robin, Marcina and Bowser at tourney level. It's annoying to lose to cookie cutter stuff with your characters. I'm working on a Rosalina and been on the Roy train the past few days though.

And what days are good for you so I can hit you up later during those times?

ZTD | TECHnology

Most evenings that are not Monday/Thursday/Saturday work. Just depends on what's happening that day.

And yeah I know what you mean. Michigan is the largest scene in the Midwest and its full of :rosalina::4luigi::4ness::4falcon::4sheik::4sonic:s. I don't mind it one bit though, it's how I get better!

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Most evenings that are not Monday/Thursday/Saturday work. Just depends on what's happening that day.

And yeah I know what you mean. Michigan is the largest scene in the Midwest and its full of :rosalina::4luigi::4ness::4falcon::4sheik::4sonic:s. I don't mind it one bit though, it's how I get better!
I can try to hit you up tomorrow night for games if your not busy?

And I know that feeling. Nebraska best smash 4 player is Skillager a Villager player who plays a bunch of characters as well on the side and everyone else that are good including me are inconsistent and/or can't travel cause funds or don't do the research to grind hella. We have like 5 or 6 Ness in our area as well lol and 2 good Lucario players on top of it and a Mario player who makes people salt lol.

BlueBirdE

Smash Journeyman
Falco feels so much faster cant tell if its aerial speed too but for sure the buffs on alot of his moves are a mega plus. Pressure game and combo game got a great bump imo. Allys right to showcase him i honestly think hes viable and a good character.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Anyone able to read German here? Pretty much confirms that yes, Falco's Fair is faster and not only that, but Fair and Dair's landing lag is shorter, but not by how much. I can only pick out a few words 'cause there's some English and German is somewhat similar to English. Go thank Safariwisserin, everyone.
Falcos fair has a slightly faster starting and way less landing lag now. Yikarur testet this for me yesterday.

By the way, ive got a decent collection of confirmed and partly possible buffs/nerfs which i think is more complete than the one from this thread. Catch is - it's in german and i dont want to translate atm...but if someone with german knowledge wants to take a look here you go... http://www.smashlabs.de/thread/3457-version-1-0-8-balance-patch-char-changes/?pageNo=1
For now, this is what we have for patch 1.0.8; confirmed changes:
Neutral Air
- Nair does 11% total instead of 12%; second hit of Nair does 2%.
- Nair has autolink angles on the first 3 hits allowing it to combo better.
- This also lead to an issue where it'll cause a windbox effect - it's not a windbox - to try and connect the opponent with where Falco's going. Basically, a reverse Fox Fair spike.​
- Nair's final hit will always send the opponent where Falco is facing.

Up Air
- Uair does 10% instead of 11%.
- Uair has lower knockback.
- The combined decrease in damage and knockback means Falco's Uair is a weaker kill move, however, Falco can use Uair to juggle and combo much more easily now. Effectively, Falco traded a kill move or a strong damage per hit move for much higher damage per second.​
- Uair's startup is faster; from frame 10 to frame 7.
- Uair lost its sour-spot on Falco's body.
- While this sour-spot was strange, Falco lost his ability to cause his stun with this sour-spot and confirm a Bair, however, he can still use Uair's lower knockback to confirm a Bair.​

Forward Air
- Fair does 9% instead of 8%; Fair has another weak hit/loop hit of 1%.
- Fair's landing hit does 3% instead of 5%.
- Fair's startup is faster, but unknown at this time by how much; potentially as fast as frame 6, but not frame 12 anymore.
- Fair's landing lag is shorter, but unconfirmed by how much; potentially not 32 frames of landing lag anymore.

Down Air
- Dair's initial spike hitbox no longer spikes grounded opponents, instead, it sends them up at a vertical angle.
- This results in opponents no longer being able to tech his spike if they're hit while on the ground.
- This also results in Falco being unable to lock by frame canceling his Dair spike, but he can still lock with the late hit of Dair.​
- Dair's landing lag is shorter, but unconfirmed by how much; potentially the same as his old Dair in Melee and Brawl with 22 frames of landing lag instead of 26.

Up Smash
- Fixed interaction on Battlefield's low platforms; second hit will confirm while first hit will whiff.
- This means Falco no longer will have to deal with a 4% Up Smash, precisely space Up Smash, or be forced to use Up Tilt below platforms.​

Still need confirmation or more information:
Jab
- Potentially has autolink angles on his rapid jab.
- Potentially transitions into rapid jab quicker.
- Jab 1 to 2 might be faster as well.

Side Smash
- Hitbox changes. Simply unknown.

Forward Air
- Fair's startup while faster is still unknown by how fast.
- Fair's landing lag while faster is still unknown by how fast.

Down Air
- Dair's launch angle while known, is still unknown by exactly what angle.
- Dair's landing lag while faster is still unknown by how fast.

Last edited:

Trunks159

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Trunks159
and been on the Roy train the past few days though.
Hasnt everyone?!
Anyone able to read German here? Pretty much confirms that yes, Falco's Fair is faster and not only that, but Fair and Dair's landing lag is shorter, but not by how much. I can only pick out a few words 'cause there's some English and German is somewhat similar to English. Go thank Safariwisserin, everyone.

For now, this is what we have for patch 1.0.8; confirmed changes:
Neutral Air
- Nair does 11% total instead of 12%; second hit of Nair does 2%.
- Nair has autolink angles on the first 3 hits allowing it to combo better.
- This also lead to an issue where it'll cause a windbox effect - it's not a windbox - to try and connect the opponent with where Falco's going. Basically, a reverse Fox Fair spike.​
- Nair's final hit will always send the opponent where Falco is facing.

Up Air
- Uair does 10% instead of 11%.
- Uair has lower knockback.
- The combined decrease in damage and knockback means Falco's Uair is a weaker kill move, however, Falco can use Uair to juggle and combo much more easily now. Effectively, Falco traded a kill move or a strong damage per hit move for much higher damage per second.​
- Uair's startup is faster; from frame 10 to frame 7.
- Uair lost its sour-spot on Falco's body.
- While this sour-spot was strange, Falco lost his ability to cause his stun with this sour-spot and confirm a Bair, however, he can still use Uair's lower knockback to confirm a Bair.​

Forward Air
- Fair does 9% instead of 8%; Fair has another weak hit/loop hit of 1%.
- Fair's landing hit does 3% instead of 5%.
- Fair's startup is faster, but unknown at this time by how much; potentially as fast as frame 6, but not frame 12 anymore.
- Fair's landing lag is shorter, but unconfirmed by how much; potentially not 32 frames of landing lag anymore.

Down Air
- Dair's initial spike hitbox no longer spikes grounded opponents, instead, it sends them up at a vertical angle.
- This results in opponents no longer being able to tech his spike if they're hit while on the ground.
- This also results in Falco being unable to lock by frame canceling his Dair spike, but he can still lock with the late hit of Dair.​
- Dair's landing lag is shorter, but unconfirmed by how much; potentially the same as his old Dair in Melee and Brawl with 22 frames of landing lag instead of 26.

Up Smash
- Fixed interaction on Battlefield's low platforms; second hit will confirm while first hit will whiff.
- This means Falco no longer will have to deal with a 4% Up Smash, precisely space Up Smash, or be forced to use Up Tilt below platforms.​

Still need confirmation or more information:
Jab
- Potentially has autolink angles on his rapid jab.
- Potentially transitions into rapid jab quicker.
- Jab 1 to 2 might be faster as well.

Forward Air
- Fair's startup while faster is still unknown by how fast.
- Fair's landing lag while faster is still unknown by how fast.

Down Air
- Dair's launch angle while known, is still unknown by exactly what angle.
- Dair's landing lag while faster is still unknown by how fast.
Is dtilt not faster?

Top Bottom