• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Falco Matchup Thread

X1-12

Smash Champion
Looking forward to that. Peach is like my worst matchup.
What about Luigi? He's such a odd character that I don't know what to do....
Lazor...

It'll take him 10 times longer to approach than other chars cause of his crap air speed and run speed - h has to WD which gets interrupted by lazors

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
Lazor...

It'll take him 10 times longer to approach than other chars cause of his crap air speed and run speed - h has to WD which gets interrupted by lazors
Well, I actually never played Luigi with my Falco but I see how that could work. But still I'm looking for more detailed advice. Maybe a whole matchup section for them on the first page whenever you guys have time. I for one would really appreciate it.

The match-up I really want some help with is Peach. I usually start off real strong. Keep them away with some lasers. But if I even mess up once against her I usually lose a stock. It's just really annoying.

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
"Let’s say you’re below the platform when Falcon techs onto it. Stand directly under the center of it(if you get there quickly enough). If Falcon/anyone techs in place or rolls toward the edge facing the blast zones, then you can just FH Bair him. If he misses the tech you can punish him too, my bad. If he goes toward the middle of the stage then you can Nair him if you think it will send him offstage or try to DJ Dair him and punish based on DI if you react quickly enough. A shine WL onto the platform is also an acceptable option at lower percents. Be wary of shining an opponent who missed a tech though, because they sometimes get into that really floaty state where you can’t combo them. It’s all hit-or-miss there in my experience. There’s probably a certain timing for when to shine them but I couldn’t tell you what it is."

can you update the floaty part with the whole character missing a tech when hit by a move that does less than 8% damage when its stale concept? People were talking about it on page 68 on PP's advice thread and now we know why it is so.

X1-12

Smash Champion
What do you think about CC D-tiling agianst someone's get-up attack? mainly against characters that you will gain nothing from grabbing?.. it also means if they roll you can chase better

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
uh that works okay at low percents. ive gotten a kill or two on jiggs with it. get up attacks tend to push you farther away than you'd expect, though. a lot of times it seems like it should work i just get pushed too far.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
numbers are dumb. I think I'm gonna ban you for that post :p. Also, the Fox even with Falco thing is SO a year ago, get with the times, Falco wins again.
Fiiiine.

***CONTROVERSIAL DISCUSSION POINT***

Falco has a slight advantage on Marth, Puff AND Sheik.

He's even with Fox though.

I think in a tournament setting, Falco's will win on the most part just because it's so much harder to be consistent in the matchup but I think its even if both are on their game fully, not like Super Theory Bros. good, but feasibly good and it can be equal.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i think falco is even with fox and marth

and has the advantage on sheik and puff. Puff is mad overrated in the matchup imo.

Falcos have been switching to fox for years to fight jiggs so the falco vs jiggs metagame is so underdevelopped imo and while i think fox is BETTER at the matchup, i still think falco also has an advantage.

I refuse to believe falco vs marth is anything BUT even. when the marth knows how to deal with lasers well it gets like a billion times harder. A powershielding marth is by far the scariest opponent ever because his fair and grab out of powersheild is just ****. And with marths now fairing out of laser la gin the air its even tougher. Obviously falco has some good things in this matchup but the common idea over the last 2 years is that falco wins the matchup but imo its dead even.

Incronaut

Smash Ace
agreed with JPOBS...

is a peach matchup gonna come up soon? and are you guys planning on doing dittos? (like what to watch out for in other falcos) or is that stupid? LOL

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
there's probably been peach discussion in this and/or dr. pp's thread, but if you have questions ask away. this isn't a highly structured discussion.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I kind of want to post about dittos, but I want to learn a little more about them first....maybe I'll write about them after CEO(if I go).

I guess I know enough about ICs(I've played Chu enough anyway lol) to write about them, but that seems sort of silly when I have lots of higher tiered characters I should write about.

unknown522

Some guy
As soon as I learn the Peach matchup/play it more, then sure.

Mogwai probably knows it lol.
if you're playing well, this matchup is really easy.

Peach just cherrypicks off mistakes/technical fail, like jiggs and ICs/low tiers.

i think falco is even with fox and marth

and has the advantage on sheik and puff. Puff is mad overrated in the matchup imo.

Falcos have been switching to fox for years to fight jiggs so the falco vs jiggs metagame is so underdevelopped imo and while i think fox is BETTER at the matchup, i still think falco also has an advantage.

I refuse to believe falco vs marth is anything BUT even. when the marth knows how to deal with lasers well it gets like a billion times harder. A powershielding marth is by far the scariest opponent ever because his fair and grab out of powersheild is just ****. And with marths now fairing out of laser la gin the air its even tougher. Obviously falco has some good things in this matchup but the common idea over the last 2 years is that falco wins the matchup but imo its dead even.
wait, people though falco wins vs marth? I thought that people thought it was the other way around?

Sion

Island of Horizon
i think falco/marth is even. i've played it enough to know how it usually goes.
is there any advice on falco vs sheik? maybe it's just me that has problems with sheik, but sheik's shield is soooooo scary aka nair out of shield

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
mix in double shine more if shes gettin yu with nair oos and fade back instant aerials as well. and don't be obvious with your approaches

Sion

Island of Horizon
i think i got nair'd out of a shine grab. is that even possible?

on topic: yeah, i figured i'd have to be a lot smarter on shield against sheik, but i don't think that's the main reason i have a sheik complex. i have so much trouble getting things started against sheik because her weight is so weird, and just getting that shine in is hard, not to mention i don't even know what stage is good vs sheik. i think i'm just scared of the matchup because i've never played sheik that often.

unknown522

Some guy
i think falco/marth is even. i've played it enough to know how it usually goes.
is there any advice on falco vs sheik? maybe it's just me that has problems with sheik, but sheik's shield is soooooo scary aka nair out of shield
don't worry, it's not just you.

I hate that you have to predict good sheiks + play perfect like all the time.

Anyways, do you have any specific problems? Because I don't feel like typing a whole breakdown of the matchup atm (not at home right now).

Ben-Teezee

Smash Apprentice
**** thread. im loving it. u guys make me want to come back to competitive smash.

Sion

Island of Horizon
don't worry, it's not just you.

I hate that you have to predict good sheiks + play perfect like all the time.

Anyways, do you have any specific problems? Because I don't feel like typing a whole breakdown of the matchup atm (not at home right now).
i get dthrow'd, what kinds of choices do i have? it seems like sheik covers basically all of my options after a dthrow. that, and i have a problem with positioning myself against sheik. i don't know how to explain it very well, but i always get pressured by spaced nairs/fairs/ftilts and that usually leads to my death. i find myself an utter mess against sheik.

Top Bottom