• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Help

Daredevil

Smash Rookie
Recently i have been having trouble with Marth players. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice,combo,or tips that would greatly help me with this little dilemma.:bee:

MetallicFalcon

Smash Rookie
hey, my best advice would be to dodge roll and smash. that seems 2 work when fighting against long reach characters. also falco is good at air attacks too

hurricane22491

Smash Cadet
Spacing spacing spacing. This can be a difficult match and you have to control the tempo or Marth can and most likely will get the upper hand.

Lasers and Phantasm are very helpful. One allows you to control the game from afar, and the other lets you get out of pressure (fairly) effectively most of the time.

Shine might seem like a good move to use for spacing, but don't abuse it. If they start predicting and powershielding it, it can lead into a tip. Use it sparingly.

Be careful trying to take Marth on in close range. If you have to, stick really close and use your jabs and tilts until you can get out. The air is also not a very safe place for Falco to be in due to him being outranged by Marth's aerials.

In general, just keep your distance and wait for the Marth player to slip up and then exploit their mistake. This is all from my own experience, so take that as you will.

Definitely do not "roll and smash". Marth will punish you, I guarantee it.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Abuse the heck out of the SHDL; I've found that this shuts down Marth quite a bit because most Marth players approach with a short hop.

Also, don't be too agressive when edgeguarding. Marth's Up B will spike you into the stage a lot of the time.

artifice

Smash Ace
dont use the jab combo... marth will upb out of it.

its key to edge gaurd, use the hug when hes coming back, just learn the timing and you will get him.

and GTF away from him, dont play the roll game, play the spot dodge spot dodge spot dodge, downsmash game when you have too, and then keep lazering.

edit: when you finish lazering him, god dam keep lazering..

bowz10190

Smash Apprentice
Yea, lasers keep marth out of the air, leaving him to dash attack or running up smash. Use tilts for spacing when he approaches. Don't bother chaingrabbing above 15% because up b gets him out easily, so after the first grab, dash attack cancel up smash. Edge guard with bairs before he initiates the up smash, or else you'll get stage spiked. Use the hug is a very very helpful thing agaisnt marth.
Over b does eat you, so try to avoid that. Hmmm. If i think of more, i'll be sure to fill you in.

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
Projectiles rip apart marth. Base your game mostly around lasers and your shine, and you will benefit greatly. Phantasm is a bit risky since marth's attacks have barely any lag, and his disjointed hitbox is longer than your disjointed hitbox. Once marth is off the ledge, it'll be hard for him to get back on since falco's edgeguarding game is so strong. Lasers and ledgehopped bairs into him will make sure he doesn't get back.

Rampage

vx
Being a marth main I suggest Using your lasers to take control of the match. it seems whenever a falco rolls I take out a stock so try to avoid too much rolling.

Top Bottom