• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Haxdash?

Jackson

Smash Lord
Can Falco do the ledgedash where you waveland back onto the ledge effectively? If so I would like to learn but it seems pretty crazy and hard. If Falco can do this can someone link a gif?

Ersijo

Smash Cadet
Falco can do it, but it's really bad. I've heard that Falco and Fox are the only character that have no use of it whatsoever.

Jackson

Smash Lord
Why would you want to do that if you can simply firestall or shine-firestall?
Just for style. I think that counts for something lol.

Something stupid I've been doing for fun against cpus on BF is ledge drop, jump, wavedash back on the side plat back to the ledge. It's kinda funny but not really worthwhile.

Last edited:

_Bandit_

Smash Rookie
It's possible, but shine-firestall is easier and gives you more invincibility. I think it looks cool, if style matters to you.

Jackson

Smash Lord
It's possible, but shine-firestall is easier and gives you more invincibility. I think it looks cool, if style matters to you.
Yeah, it does, I'm just that kind of player.

Do you have a gif of this or something? I'm having trouble comprehending how to do it correctly without airdodging off and dying (With falco, of course).

Bones0

Smash Legend
Why would you want to do that if you can simply firestall or shine-firestall?
Reverse ledgedash is actually much better than ledgestalls that keep you below or even with the ledge because as long as you can do it consistently, it prevents the opponent from using the LH on stage as a visual cue to react to. For instance, if a Marth player only does regular LD, I can SH and commit to attacking as soon as his invul runs out. If he is good at mixing up regular LD and RLD, SHing and doing preemptive aerials like that becomes punishable by RLD (or at least puts me at enough frame disadvantage that they can get on stage safely).

Yeah, it does, I'm just that kind of player.

Do you have a gif of this or something? I'm having trouble comprehending how to do it correctly without airdodging off and dying (With falco, of course).
FF from the ledge.
DJ so you are barely above the ledge; the height can vary depending on how you want to airdodge and how clean you want it to look.
Airdodge, FF to ledge.

Last edited:

Jackson

Smash Lord
Reverse ledgedash is actually much better than ledgestalls that keep you below or even with the ledge because as long as you can do it consistently, it prevents the opponent from using the LH on stage as a visual cue to react to. For instance, if a Marth player only does regular LD, I can SH and commit to attacking as soon as his invul runs out. If he is good at mixing up regular LD and RLD, SHing and doing preemptive aerials like that becomes punishable by RLD (or at least puts me at enough frame disadvantage that they can get on stage safely).

FF from the ledge.
DJ so you are barely above the ledge; the height can vary depending on how you want to airdodge and how clean you want it to look.
Airdodge, FF to ledge.
Yeah, that method makes sense. However, is it really necessary to fast fall with Falco to grab the ledge faster after you wavedash/land off? It feels pretty instant, and it seems hard to actually get a bit of a fast fall off before falling past the ledge.

Kadano

Magical Express
Can Falco do the ledgedash where you waveland back onto the ledge effectively? If so I would like to learn but it seems pretty crazy and hard. If Falco can do this can someone link a gif?
Precise inputs for jumping on frame 7 (animations for jumping on frame 6 will follow later on):
Reverse ledgedash is actually much better than ledgestalls that keep you below or even with the ledge because as long as you can do it consistently, it prevents the opponent from using the LH on stage as a visual cue to react to.
That’s true, however Falco’s ledgedashstall requires dropping down very low, so it can be told apart from a ledgedash on stage quite easily. It takes pretty long until it can be told apart from a ledge hop double laser, that might be helpful.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Oh, wow. I didn't think it was actually possible with spacies. LOL

Any chance you can LH reverse WL on BF/YS's side plats with full invul? I already do this all the time on YS to feint WLs in, but I didn't think I ever had full invul.

Last edited:

Kadano

Magical Express
Any chance you can LH reverse WL on BF/YS's side plats with full invul? I already do this all the time on YS to feint WLs in, but I didn't think I ever had full invul.
I would also like to know the answer to Bones' question, that would be pretty interesting if that was actually invulnerable.
It’s not possible on Battlefield because the platform is too high and too far inside, but it is possible on Yoshi’s Story:

Also, here’s the frame 6 jump ledgedashstall I promised earlier on:

@ Kadano Kadano Thanks as always for posting this stuff, is there a repository of some sort for all your posts?
Not really, but most of the important stuff is linked here: http://smashboards.com/threads/337035/

Almost all gfycats I created I also posted to Reddit (/smashbros and /SSBM); my account name there is the same as here.

Top Bottom