• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco f-tilt lock.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'm pretty sure that can be blocked with shield?

The window between each ftilt is huge. Also if he's going to bounce off the wall, he can just tech that.

Oreos

Smash Apprentice
no clue i haven't tested this at all its up to you guys i just got lucky during a match. Plus ganon has no combo breakers he was trying to up b but that was failing

I thought Ftilt lost all properties to Ftilt lock after 50% or so. I've tried it before and only managed to get it to work upto that percent against heavies. ^the tube is down for maintenance :/

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I thought Ftilt lost all properties to Ftilt lock after 50% or so. I've tried it before and only managed to get it to work upto that percent against heavies. ^the tube is down for maintenance :/
you probably forgot that it can stale

Oh, now that I have actually seen the video I know what you are talking about.

Earlier I was referring to a jab lock or laser lock, but using Ftilt. Yeah, Ftilt at low percents can actually induce properties like Laser Lock. The only problem is that it works like 2-3 times before it does too much knockback, and you need to get someone into a position to be laserlocked at an early percent. The only way I could get low percent attempts with Ftilt locking was with Uthrow.

About this then, I actually think this is not much of a lock. It seems like it would be possible to DI/SDI up and then jump out or use a fast aerial. Plus, anyone who actually is not as big as Ganon could probably escape more easily.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
This can actually be viable thanks to the landing lag that characters get from their weight.

EDIT: Oh ****, this hurts D3.

Oreos

Smash Apprentice
i know its somewhat viable cause i pulled it off common sense would be to shield which i think is what he was doing then he tried to jab/ up-b

o0 DR3W 0o

Smash Cadet
First of all, nice fake sig. Next, Selena Gomez is ****in ugly. Third, Xonar's right, looks legit with buffering only. And finally, don't depend on this kind of ****.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
This looks like it'll only work on Ganon.

Ganon's fastest move on ground is his grab (7 frames), and then his jab (9 frames). Grab wouldn't have reached the Falco, so the Ganon player was trying to jab, but he also couldn't do that because of it's slow speed.

Top Bottom