• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco and Partner

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
I was just wondering who is a good partner for falco players. The boys and I at my college have certain partners that we like to use and they ended up being clone characters.

for example i main falco while my partner mains fox and that is our team. while the other teams consist of :

Ganondorf & Capt. falcon
Link & Y. Link
Marth & Roy
Doc. & Mario
Pichu & Pikachu

we try to switch it up every now and then but we end up coming back to our original partner b/c we know how each other play... who would you suggest partnering falco up with???

twnz

Smash Cadet
if doubles is what your talking about... falco isn't really a popular guy for doubles. but he's still used. he's not quite used for doubles cuz of his crappy recovery. the space animals together isn't such a bad choice. try peach out..cuz man she can't die.

you should also try out peach + fox which is a pretty good team (pc chris + milk tea ftw) jk.. i heard milk tea sucks.

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
if doubles is what your talking about... falco isn't really a popular guy for doubles. but he's still used. he's not quite used for doubles cuz of his crappy recovery. the space animals together isn't such a bad choice. try peach out..cuz man she can't die.

you should also try out peach + fox which is a pretty good team (pc chris + milk tea ftw) jk.. i heard milk tea sucks.
yeah i am talking about doubles, and i really haven't payed that much attention to people not using falco in doubles. My partners mains fox and secondary marth and i secondary Fox... so i'll see what our fox/marth team looks like and falco/marth team. it seems like that if your good one on one, you should be good @ doubles... what you think?

twnz

Smash Cadet
yeah i am talking about doubles, and i really haven't payed that much attention to people not using falco in doubles. My partners mains fox and secondary marth and i secondary Fox... so i'll see what our fox/marth team looks like and falco/marth team. it seems like that if your good one on one, you should be good @ doubles... what you think?
being good at singles doesnt make you good at singles..lol

find a peach player so then if u die.. u just steal a life.. cuz man SHE CANT DIE:mad:

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
confused:

being good at singles doesnt make you good at singles..lol

find a peach player so then if u die.. u just steal a life.. cuz man SHE CANT DIE:mad:
do you mean being good @ singles dont make you good @ doubles... and peach and die way to easy... especially with fox u-air... but she does give out a lot of damage quickly with here down a... or down c-stick... 82% like that... how cheap... but im gonna try this out... my boy quinn plays with peach... im gonna see what we damage we can do... but the only bad thing is... that he is not that good... my falco can destroy him... and me and my partner are neck -n-neck when it comes to skills... fox against peach... i think fox is gonna destroy him... and our current number 1 player on campus is gonna destroy him... i can hold my own in 1 on 1 against both of them... but quinn doesn't stand a chance unless he stays with me the whole time and dont split up...

InfiniteGXT

Smash Journeyman
Honestly Falco stays true to his character. He flies solo. He doesnt do well with anyone really, at least not as well as most other characters. The only logical combinations I can see are Fox, Shiek, and MAYBE Peach.

A lol @ saying milktea sucks. Shes one of the best female players in the states.

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
lol, i didnt even pay that any attention about the milk tea comment... lol... but anyways. i would never partner falco up with another falco... i dont know why... i've tried that with my friend matt who tried to main falco but didnt work out for him!!! but our falco-ganon team is nice... if i had to rate the best teams out of all my friends that play smash... i would say that the fox-falco teams is the best or falco-capt. falcon... falco and capt. falcon go together so nicecly... but not like it should be...

Aether_Lord

Smash Apprentice
Actully Falco goes well with Samus. Samus is the infintry he/she can just stand back and spam missles in the back row while falco goes up front to deal high % damage so samus' missle can knock them out of the ring. But if someone is going to go after your partner/Samus you gotta quickly support them. Please dont let him get hit at all..... Samus wont survive very long if you dont support her. I find it very had if you dont really support each other in a partner match. If you don't think thats a good partner then ignore me >.>

mathos

Smash Champion
I agree with Samus, but for none of those reasons. Missiles destroy Falco. Samus and Falco have a decent amount of crowd control, each have their own killing capabilities, Samus can't kill Falco easily unless she edgeguards, and Samus isn't affected too badly with missed SHL.

I would also have to say Fox works well but I don't team with Fox often enough to comment on.

Glowfisch

Smash Cadet
eehm.. maybe strange but dit u ever try a pika .. with falco ore with a samus .. :p

its a strange combination but it can do huge damage :p and irritate your opponent
so they gone mess up there game :p

but u need a really good pika player to win the match :p

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Ya know to be dead honest I was just thinking Pika myself.. Was thinking since Falco has some good moves to put oppenents in t3h air, (Shine, Uair, blah blah) that pika wouldnt have to stress with combo starting and close approaches (which are some of my pika's biggest promblems) and with falco putting guys in space that mayb pika could get a quick and ez kill with thunder =D. Pika has good recover as well sooo mayb falco wouldn't have to be so stressed about dieing. Agreed with Glowfisch though, cant be some noob pika..

mathos

Smash Champion
Pikachu has no good way to save Falco, and Pikachu pretty much just sucks. Although it beign teams the magnitude of suckiness is more hidden.

Aether_Lord

Smash Apprentice
To your reply Mathos but I meant Samus being Falcos partner. its a great set up ive been in much tournements and never failed me yet :p. Samus has a great down survivability. At 100% however if samus gets that high and your facing against a Falco. DONT GET FSMASHED. that has a great knockback against Samus even if she CCs against it. Or just dont let your samus near the edge against falco's Fsmash. Fyi Missles do actually annihilate falco >.> I agree. but i dont think pikachu is a good partner he is so light he can get hit out of the ring so easily. but i do agree with the exception with fox with them partnering up.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Shhh, neva say Pika sucks, he may evolve. Besides Pika could Uair Falco.. as long as he doesnt spike em.. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

mathos

Smash Champion
Aether for the most part you're just speaking on how Samus is as a partner in general, in no way are you explaining her complementation to Falco. But alas we're arguing while we both agree >.<

Laserbust: Well ganon can use his UpB for recovering Falco. . . . . . . . .but actually you're right, for some reason I wasn't thinking very hard about pika's moveset. Maybe Pika wouldn't be too bad if it didn't suck already.

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
My bad people, i wasn't able to get on smashboards at all yesterday after like 1:00pm... but thanx for the info and input... and i'll definetly have to try some of these combos out... oh yeah... ttyl bubye

Aether_Lord

Smash Apprentice
I get ya mathos. sorry if didnt post earlier>.> thnx for correcting me i think <.>. sorry if post annoyed you. im not saying you sound annoyed just dont want to get a misunderstanding problem :)

Aether_Lord

Smash Apprentice
Back to my idea yet again but samus can really pressure them with all that missle junk and stuff so falco can actually attack up front when the other team is pressurized as i say. helps falco a lot. And youre not being a ***. :)

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
i tried that samus thing out... and it's kinda a destraction for me... b/c i get hit with the missles also... and playing against ganondorf and capt. falcon is not a good idea... b/c ganon can just neutral A me and knock me off... but the pika thing is working tho... his down c-stick.. or down A works really well when we are getting attacked from both sides... thanx guys

Aether_Lord

Smash Apprentice
I forgot to mention the team works best on those big stages ^^; sorry about that people and abuse your Reflector too

Jem.

Smash Master
Peach works pretty well with Falco.
My brother and I are a Falco + Peach doubles team.
But, BaleFireBoy (Jeff) and I got 2nd using that combo. It's pretty effective.
You also have to note, any combo can be really effective. Like Forward + Taj. Just a matter of knowing your teammate almost as well as yourself so you can set things up.

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
yeah... me and my friend tried that peach and falco team... they are pretty much unstoppable... she has so much priority.. it makes no since... and her down a move gives out 60-82 % if done right... that is crazy cheap... i like...

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
I've watched darkrain and Dope play on a team as Captain Falcon and Falco and they did great.Another good team combo I watched was Bombsoldier as Falco and Masashi as Fox in the JGT free for alls.Fox and falco are a good team.

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
my main partner is normally a fox player... and he secondaries marth... and i secondary fox... so we also tried tha marth fox team... that wasn't so good...well it was ok... but so far... my best partner has to be my original partner who mains fox... and then my friend quinn who mains peach... as quinn found out the other day... peach does not stand a chance against fox shine combo...

Top Bottom