• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Faith(Rated T/M?)

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
It's about time I changed this introduction. I've been here for a bit now and this story has certainly grown. On paper it's a good...60-70 pages I think. So...I guess I'm doing pretty **** good lately. Anyways, thanks go out to the few readers of this story that took the time to get into it. I hope that others will go past chapter one to find the riches that lie afterwards...although, if they can't get past chapter one...I'm not sure if I want them reading this. Anyways, thanks and keep on reading!

Index Of Characters

Team Faith
Griffin Motomiya(Original)
Serena Tsukino
Haru Glory

Team Bear
Joe Higashi
Kyo Kusanagi
Bear(Original)

The Forgotten
Shadow Link
Sesshomaru
Sephiroth

Misceleanous
Toad
Goku
Elie
Musica
Jeffrey(Original)
Darien
Yoshi
Farfetch'd
Yusuke
Kuwabara

Other Things You May Want To Check Out
Japanese Kanji
Definition Of Faith

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
"Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark."
--Rabindranath Tagore

Chapter one-Beginnings

"Maybe if you didn't eat so much you would…," the teen breathed out before he had a chance to take it back. He groaned after realizing what he had just said. "I didn't mean that. Honestly." He stared into the bosom of this mountain of man that stood before him, wondering why he always blurted things out without thinking about them first.

It had only been ten minutes since he had arrived at this tournament and he couldn't keep quiet long enough to even register for it. He was walking with his head turning in every which a way smiling at any girls whose gaze he caught. He didn't even notice when he bumped into this huge mammoth of a man.

~ ~

"Hey! Watch it shrimp!" the man exclaimed with a strong country droll about him.

"Who you callin' shrimp?" the teen countered smirking. "Are you hungry or something?"
<Why did I just say that?> he thought as he smacked his forehead at his stupidity.

"You talk big for such a young person. How old are you boy?" the wide-bodied man demanded.

"Seventeen, what's it to ya'?"

"Just figuring out whether I need to send a letter home to yo' mama when I squash you like a bug," he said chuckling. He looked towards the crowd that had started to gather around the two for approval. The onlookers looked on expectantly, hoping that the huge man would crush this young cocky jerk.

"Tear out his heart!" one onlooker yelled.

"Leave a little of him for the ring!" another shouted.

"You can do it!!" yet another yelled.

All the shouting stopped as every person present turned to view who had blurted out this overly used cliché. The short man of Indian descent looked around with a puzzled look on his face wondering what was wrong with everyone else. Feeling rather awkward he slowly sneaked away, laughing nervously.

"Look at all the women cheering for me," the towering man pointed out to his opponent. Then barely audible under his breath, "I sure wish I could get with one though…"

"Maybe if you didn't eat so m.....
~ ~
The two squared off, sizing each other up. They both waited for the other to make a move, a mistake, a folly. Perhaps even a fatal one. The crowd continued to buzz behind them as they waited to see the first non-sanctioned fight of the tournament. The teen was taken aback by the blood thirstiness of the crowd. They were like vultures waiting for a fresh kill, ready to pounce within a moment's notice.

<Is this what the tournament's going to be like? I'm surprised so many people showed up just to see an amateur tournament anyway>he thought as he watched his enemy carefully.

The big man straightened up a bit and tipped his hat. "What's your name boy?" he called across the crowd made ring.

"Why do you wanna' know?"

"I like to know the names of my opponents, that's all."

"Fair enough," the teen said smirking. "Name's Griffin. Griffin Motomiya."

"Japanese huh? Looks like we're playing on your home court then. My name's Bear. Just Bear." Well, he certainly was built like a bear, that's for sure. He wore a red leather jacket that barely fit over his bulging body which he coupled with a pair of red leather pants that he had somehow magically squeezed into.

"Nice boots," Griffin commented laughingly. He had never seen so much leather on a person in his whole life. This sight definitely amused him. He also noticed that Bear wore the same type of leather around his hands as his cowboy boots were made of.

"Thanks," Bear responded squinting his eyes and scratching his grisly beard. He took off his hat and swabbed his sweaty bald head with a handkerchief he had recently produced from his pocket. He wiped off the sweat slowly from the front to the back, stopping just above a swastika that was etched into the back of his head.

"Isn't all that a bit hot though?" Griffin pondered remembering that it was supposed to reach at least 96 degrees that day.

Bear smiled, simply stating, "Not if you're a bear like me."

The crowd had begun to disperse when they realized that the real fighting wouldn't begin for quite sometime. Bear replaced his hat on his head and pointed out to Griffin in an almost friendly manner. "You must be hot though. You're not a bear like me."

Griffin wasn't exactly dressed for the forecast today either. He wore a white draw-string hoodie with a golden line running up and down the lining of it. On the pouch in the front there was a golden Japanese kanji symbol that read Seigi or in English, justice. On the back of the hoodie was an elaborate drawing of an immense majestic phoenix. In random spots below the bird, there were golden feathers that seemed to fall from its glorious wings. Underneath his hoodie was a black shirt that remained barely visible. He wore baggy white sweat pants that flowed majestically as a river would when he walked. Running up his left pant leg was a golden barbed wire trail of sorts that wove its way around. Griffin wore golden cotton biker gloves upon his hands with platinum studs centered at his knuckles. His sneakers also had a white and gold thing going on as well.

"You won't be so pretty when I'm done with you." Bear growled. To say the least, Griffin was a very attractive man. His tanned face beamed with confidence and exuded cheer. The mere thought of him could make many a girl sigh with happiness. The odd thing that set him apart from other guys was the fact that he had almost perfectly white hair. It was offset by little strands of golden hair here and there, but not enough to throw off the white hair's full effect. A white head band embroidered with the same symbol as his pouch held his bangs out of his eyes; his eyes were a whole other story. His left eye was a shade of sea-foam green while his right eye was a shade of sparkling blue. I would be an albino mutt if I was a dog would be what he usually said when someone brought up his unique coloration.

For another moment the two stared each other down, still waiting for that mistake that would start things up. Then, Bear blinked and Griffin flew into action.

"STOP!!" a voice yelled halting the attack. "Move another inch and you're out of the tournament!"

Griffin had stopped within inches of Bears face with his arm fully outstretched, fist balled. Bear reopened his eyes and fell backwards to the ground, no doubt startled by the teen's incredible speed. He looked around slowly, then stood back up brushing himself off as he did so.

Griffin, still frozen with his arm stretched out, turned to look over his shoulder and spotted an odd peach colored man wearing a mushroom hat. He wore a red shirt that was opened revealing a barren pink chest. He also wore puffy white pants and what appeared to Griffin as ballet shoes.

Griffin brought his face close to the being trying to confirm his suspicion.
"Holy…..that's not a hat is it?!" he remarked stepping back a bit. "That….that's your head!"

"Yes, and?" the odd mushroom headed man said. "I am the grand commissioner of this tournament. You can call me commissioner Toad." He rocked forward and back from his toes to his heels as he finished the sentence.

Bear rushed towards griffin as the commissioner frowned heavily at him. "You got…lucky kid," Bear muttered oblivious to the frowning Toad besides him. "Next time we meet, I'll fix your face for ya'. And that's a promise boy!" He pointed a fat finger into Griffin's face before storming off towards his bag.

"That guy's already getting on my nerves," Toad whispered watching the brute push a pink Yoshi out of his way. Griffin didn't hear him because he was far too busy looking around trying to figure out exactly what kind of tournament he had gotten himself into. He noticed two men jumping over each other wearing what seemed to be complimentary hats of red and green. He looked to his left and found what seemed to be a round tuft of cotton candy sucking up all the food from a vendor's cart without chewing or swallowing. He watched as a talking humanoid dog and duck followed a boy dressed in black clothes into a restaurant across the way. He glanced about him until his eyes settled on a group of individuals garbed in hooded cloaks of various colors. He noticed that he couldn't see any of their faces, or their feet for that matter. <Hmm, must be the bad ***** of this tournament eh?>

"Ahem, are you sure you're supposed to be here?" Toad questioned breaking Griffin's train of thought.

"Huh? Yeah. Here's my invite," he replied, taking a rolled up piece of parchment out of his duffel bag. He handed the official looking document over to Toad's waiting hands and skeptic eyes.

Toad carefully unrolled the invite and read it over. His eyes suddenly lit up when he recognized who stood before him. "It's an honor to meet you Mr. Motomiya. I've heard about your many feats. Was it not you who saved those many people in Kyoto?"

Griffin shrugged looking down as his honey dew colored shoes. "It was nothing really…."

~ ~

"There, you're safe now."

"Wait….What are you doing?!?! How could you? .....Let me go, let me go!!!"

"I saved you! You should be grateful!!!"

~ ~

"Anyway, it says here that you're an S-class warrior. Do you know what that means? Or what kind of tournament this is?" Toad waited for an answer but was met by an obviously dumbfounded look. "How about what the rules are? Are you even listening to me?"

He wasn't. He watched as a group of teenage girls passed behind Toad as he spoke. After realizing that he had still been talking, Griffin apologized for not paying attention and promised to listen intently from then on.

Toad grumbled and proceeded to walk towards the wall behind him. Griffin hadn't noticed it yet, but when he did all he could say was "wow". Toad walked a couple steps then stopped abruptly to look back at Griffin who stood in the same place that he had left him.

"Stop gaping. Let's go! I'll explain everything as we walk, ok?" Toad snapped tapping his foot impatiently.

Griffin broke out of his daze slinging his bag over his shoulder. "Sounds good to me."

When Griffin had caught up, Toad began to walk again and started to explain Griffin's future ordeal. "I'll start at the beginning. The tournament that stands before you will push your mind, body, and soul to their very limits. The greatest warriors from all over have been invited to participate in this prestigious tournament….We have no prejudice against the forces of evil, so we sent invitations to all warriors whether they're considered to be 'good' or 'bad'," Toad explained in an obviously rehearsed paragraph. He straightened up his jacket before continuing. "Since there are always warriors that are slightly more powerful than others, we developed a class system to try and insure a fair battlefield. There are four classes in total. A, B, C, and S. The A-class warriors have the power to match that of an armed force. B class warriors are one of two things. They either match the power of the A-class but lack the experience to use their powers fully or they have the experience but lack the power to match. C-class warriors don't possess the forms of strength that the A or B-classes have, but they do have enough experience to battle fiercely and efficiently. S-class warriors are a whole different matter all together. To say the least, S-class warriors are…." Toad was cut off before he could finish.

"Weak in both power and experience," Griffin said thinking he had found a pattern in the classes.

Toad threw a puzzled look at Griffin. He cleared his throat and then slowly and carefully proclaimed, "As I was saying…S-class warriors are probably all capable of …..Well, destroying the very Earth you and I are standing on right now if they wanted to. That's why there are so few of them invited to this tournament." Griffin stared in amazement as the words hit him. Toad looked into Griffin's blue and green eyes and nodded slowly, telling him that he had heard correctly.

"Well, we're here now. As soon as you're registered, you'll be ready," Toad stopped suddenly in front of the registration window embedded in the wall. He looked around like a prairie hound that sensed danger approaching. "Uh….where's the rest of your team?"

"Team?" Griffin asked incredulous to the topic. "What team?"

"Well, this is a team tournament after all. Did you not know that either? All entrants must be a part of a team. Every team has a three person minimum that should not exceed five people. On any one team you are limited to having up to and no more than: 2 S-class members, three A-class warriors, 4 B-class warriors, and 5 C-class warriors. I'm sorry but until you form a team, you won't be able to enter this tournament. It is 12:23 now and the entry deadline is six o'clock. With that, I'll let you begin your search. Good luck Griffin."

"No worries. I'll be back soon," Griffin boasted as he set off to begin his quest.

Toad smiled as he watched the snow-haired teen walk away. "That boy sure can talk big. I only hope he has enough strength to match."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Chap1 Part 2

After checking his watch, Griffin decided that he had more than enough time to get something to eat before he had to begin his search for a team. It was about 12:37 when he arrived at the "Iron Dragon" café that was placed on the eastern side of the massive wall. It wasn't a big place and didn't look like it made very much money. However with the traffic from the tournament flowing in, business sure was booming. Griffin left the low murmur of the outside into the noisy chaotic ambiance of the restaurant. Waiters and waitresses rushed around taking orders and delivering food to yelling fans and warriors alike. Griffin wondered where all these fans came from if the tournament was invitation only. The thought left his mind quickly when he heard a loud cheery voice yell over the noise saying "Bring me some more of that!!!"

Griffin glanced over to see where the source of the yell was seated. He noticed a huge pile of plates on a table that was surrounded by cheering onlookers amused by some spectacle. He set his bag down and set off to the wooden table amidst all the madness. A waiter brushed past him with yet another portion for the already plate filled table.

"THANKS!!!" the voice from before cheerfully called to the waiter as he rushed back to the kitchen for another order. Griffin finally reached the table and stood amazed at the feat that stood before him. The man who sat at the table ate bowl after bowl of rice, steamed vegetables, noodles, and various other foods coming up only to swallow a glass of iced tea before continuing to chow down. The man was dressed in what looked like an orange and blue ghi from head to toe. He wore black boots tied on by a simple string. Yet this man could consume so much food Griffin was amazed at how powerful a build he had. All that could be seen of his head was his hair since the bowls would cover his face at all times. He had messy black hair of seemingly long length. Griffin watched him, intrigued by this man's amazing aura and even more amazing appetite.

"Oh….that's right," Griffin mumbled as his stomach growled at him angrily. He turned away from the table and made his way to the counter, hoping that he would be served quicker there than he would at a table. He took a seat and began to order something from a smiling brunette waitress. She blushed trying to avoid locking eyes with him and set off to fulfill Griffin's order.

"Hey boy. Ready to finish what we started?" a voice growled behind him.

"Bear, how nice of you to show up again," Griffin sighed without turning around to face him. Bear stared at the back of his head for a few seconds then he spun Griffin around angrily.

"You can't ignore me boy!" Bear spat lifting the youth off of the chair roughly. Griffin looked down into the man's beet red face balling up his fists.

"Put him down," a voice said calmly. Bear looked around for where the voice was and turned around to face the man in the orange and blue ghi Griffin had seen earlier. Bear took Griffin into his right hand as he used his left hand to taunt the black-haired man. The guy simply stared at Bear, unblinking. Bear grimaced at the man's confidence, a sign of recognition crossing his face. He set Griffin down and stormed out muttering curses as he went.

"Are you okay guy?" the man asked watching Griffin carefully.

"Yeah, thanks for the help..... My name's Griffin," he said offering his hand.

The man took his hand and shook it smiling. "I'm Goku. It's nice to meet you Griffin." He began to scratch the back of his head with his other hand while stopping the hand shake.

"It's nice to meet you as well," Griffin said returning Goku's smile.

"I take it you're part of the tournament. What class are you?" Goku asked looking at the symbol on Griffin's headband.

"S-class," the teen muttered still not sure if he belonged in the elite class.

Goku's eyes lit up as he looked into the warrior's peaceful green and blue eyes. "Wow! Really?!! SO AM I!!" He bounced a bit with the excitement of a kindergartner. "You must be really powerful! I can't wait for our teams to meet." <At such a young age, he's already in my range of power. There must be something special about him. Definitely, I'm sure of it now. I can hardly wait to see him in action.>

"Yeah, well…," Griffin paused for a bit, feeling a bit better about his rank in the tournament. "We can still be friends.....Right? Even if we should meet in the ring?"

Goku looked at him and smiled his warm smile. He quickly assured him that they would and began to walk towards the double doors leading out of the café. He stopped at the door and turned back to meet Griffin's gaze with a serious demeanor about him. "I want you to do me a favor."

Griffin gave him a puzzled look, nodding slowly.

"Great.... Even though we're friends, it doesn't mean I'll go easy on you if we face each other. I need you to promise me that you'll do the same. If you don't, I won't be able to learn anything from you," Goku said slightly softening his expression.

Griffin made an effort to put the same amount of seriousness into his expression. "I don't know what you'll learn from me but, I promise I won't hold back either."

"Thanks. That's all I wanted. Catch ya' later Griff," Goku said turning around and walking briskly out of the double doors.

He waved back smiling. Goku seemed to have that affect on people, Griffin couldn't remember another time in his life where he felt so comfortable smiling so much. <But what can I teach him?> He thought as he stopped smiling. He was interrupted by the clank of a porcelain plate setting down beside him.

"Here you are sweetie," the waitress called out to him.

"Thank you," Griffin replied smiling as he looked upon the double-decker bacon cheese burger he had ordered. <I'll learn something from you as well friend> he thought as he took a warm savory bite from the cheese burger.

He would indeed, sooner than he expected.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After eating five more of the same kind of cheeseburger, Griffin finally had his fill and left the belly of the "Iron Dragon" to the warm outside world. He checked his watch and groaned realizing that he had only 3 hours left to begin and hopefully complete his mission. <I know I shouldn't have flirted with that waitress> he sighed looking around for possible candidates for his team. He saw the jumping guys from before, but decided that they must already be on a team together. He scanned the rest of the horizon noticing that everyone seemed to be on a team already as well. He was distracted when he noticed a beautiful sword that was settled on the back of a young man. The sword's design was clearly defined even from where Griffin was standing. It appeared to be a claymore of sorts and by the looks of it, the owner had to be very strong to wield it effectively. Close to the hilt of this magnificent sword lay what seemed to be a large music note emblazoned into it.

“Hmm, he's all alone…,” Griffin thought aloud. He began to approach the sword wielding teen in front of him. The wielder turned around causing Griffin to smile knowing this guy would not only be a great asset to his team, but also make him look good at the same time. After all, image is important…sometimes.

He had a fairly attractive face adorned with silver hair and lavender eyes. He wore a black jacket with a sliver cross on either arm that settled just below his shoulder and his elbow. He wore a white shirt underneath with a necklace made of 3 silver pieces wrapped around his neck by a slender string. He also wore baggy gray pants and brown shoes. Connected to his belt was a set of beads that extended into his pocket. On his left wrist, hung a silver bracelet which matched a rather large silver ring on his middle finger.

Griffin could feel that they would make a good team, he knew they would, he wanted them to…..

“Hey! Been looking for you all over,” a taller teenage guy said walking up to the sword wielder. He wore a brown jacket with white pants, which he coupled with black shoes and a skull necklace that draped over his maroon under shirt. His hair was black and messy and hardly covered the four silver studs embedded above his left eyebrow. In his right ear was an earring that was composed of two silver orbs.

“Yeah!” a girl chirped in wrapping her arm around the black jacketed teen. The girl wore a simple outfit but pulled it off wonderfully. She wore tall calf length boots that accentuated her long flashy legs. Her legs were cut off by a short denim skirt that stopped at the top of her thigh. A mid-drift tank top that revealed a lot of her cleavage caressed her voluptuous top. A cross similar to the one on the sword wielder's jacket sleeves was placed in the middle of the shirt. She wore a silver arm band just below her shoulder and a silver bracelet as well. A round object suspended by a simple string fell upon her bosom and wrapped around her neck. She wore her brown hair fairly short, barely covering her pleasant face.

“Where have you guys been?” the black jacketed warrior asked as they walked in Griffin's direction smiling. Griffin sighed as he passed the happy team slowly, not lifting his eyes to meet the group's gaze.

“Well, time to start again,” Griffin huffed as he watched his hopes fade away quietly.

A little while later, Griffin was seated a t a bench under a conveniently placed tree in the middle of the grounds in front of the great wall. He searched around, waiting for something to click. His eyes stopped again as he noticed a girl being harassed by two persistent and seemingly grabby men. She was refusing, brushing off the comments and pleas for her affection.

“C'mon baby…you know I'm good for you,” the taller man exploded grabbing her arm gently.

“Please,” the teen girl responded rolling her eyes. For the first time since he had noticed her, he got a look at her beautiful face. Time seemed to stand still as her large sapphire eyes glowed warmly in the sun's powerful rays. Golden hair fell into her face, stopping just above her eyes. The hair was held in what seemed to be pigtails that descended from what appeared to be two balls on the top of her head. It fell all the way to the bottom of her short skirt. She wore a peculiar school uniform that reminded Griffin of an old time sailor. The top of the uniform was a simple blouse garnished with a huge blue bow with a golden heart on its center. Pink trimmed the sleeves of the blouse as well as the collar. Griffin noticed that the bottom of the blouse revealed some of her stomach, more than likely lifted up by this girl's……“talents”. Her skirt was like any typical school girl's, except it had been modified so that the blue skirt stopped just above the middle of her thighs. The sight of such a pretty girl excited Griffin greatly. “I'd never go out with someone like you.”

The other man began to laugh as his partner was shot down. Griffin decided to go and help her out, get those guys off her back. Half of him wanted to help the beautiful 18 year old. His other half just wanted to have a turn to talk to her. He made his way over calmly and quickly trying not to attract attention to himself. Just before he was within five feet of her, he froze at what he saw next.

One guy made the mistake of grabbing something he shouldn't have. The girl spun around to face the man who had just grabbed her backside, her eyes flaring with anger. She quickly threw a knee into the perv's stomach, then leapfrogged over him and landed a flying snap kick to the other's temple…all in about six seconds flat! She brushed her hands together giving a 'humph' as she walked away.

“Serves you right,” she whispered heading towards the wall briskly. Griffin stared on in disbelief at what he had just seen. It took a few moments until he could call out to her.
“Hey....wait up! Are you in the tournament?” He ran after her as she turned around to face her pursuer. She sighed heavily, stretching her tight shoulder muscles slowly.
“I'm getting tired of you guys. I'm pretty, I have a perfect body, and I should be with you….blah, blah, blah….. I GET IT ALREADY!!!! How many of you do I have to hurt until you all will just leave me alone?!”

Griffin threw his hands up in defense as the girl encroached upon him menacingly. “No, it's not that……I….I was just wondering. I'm in the tournament too!”

Her body slowly began to un-tense as she ran her fingers through her long sunshine-colored hair. “Oh…well. I'm really sorry about that then…It's just that….Never mind. I'm in the tournament too,” her eyes shined brightly as she said these words.

Griffin returned to his regular relaxed position and extended his hand. “My name's Griffin Motomiya. May I ask for yours?”

“Well,” she grinned accepting his hand. “Since you asked so very politely. My name's Serena Tsukino.”

“Serena, that's a pretty name,” he proclaimed shaking her hand gingerly. He stopped shaking her hand as a batch of fresh word vomit began to spew from his mouth. “This is great. What class are you? Are you ready to begin? What kind of powers do you have? Why are you wearing a sailor's outfit? How old are you? What's your favorite food? Do you have a team yet?” Griffin panted after he finished, knowing he must've said at least one stupid thing in the process.

Serena stared back at him with a puzzled look on her face, holding her hands in front of her waving them as if to try and absorb all the albino haired boy had just said. “Whoa. Calm down….this isn't a race ya' know.” The puzzled look turned into a graceful thinking face. Griffin noticed the change immediately and admitted that this new face was definitely cuter. “Let's see. Uhm, I'm an A-class. I think I'm just about ready. I'm not really sure how to describe them…I feel pretty good when I'm wearing these….18 as of June 30th. I enjoy ice cream…that counts right? I don't have a team yet. And I think that's it….yeah.”

“Really? You don't have a team?” Griffin's excitement peaked as he watched Serena shake her head solemnly. “I don't either, uhm…want to join my team then?”

“No,” Serena answered dryly. Griffin's head sank at the word, dismayed by the utter extent of his awful luck.

“Oh…..” he breathed out. “Okay” He began to walk away slowly, but was stopped by a hand on his back. He turned around to stare at the face of a sweetly smiling Serena.

“Buuuuuuut…I will join OUR team.”

Griffin laughed greatly. “Thank you so much!!” He leaped forward and embraced her, lifting her off of her feet and swinging her around in circles. He stopped suddenly and put her down. “Uhm…uh….sorry…,” the blushing boy said shoving his hands into his pockets.

Serena said nothing, turning away to block his view of her newly reddened cheeks.

“Well partner, shall we go?” she said finally breaking the moment of awkward silence.

“Yeah, let's,” Griffin exclaimed as he walked towards the tree where his bag was.

“Uhm, we still need another teammate to enter, right? Serena asked following closely behind her new partner.

“Yeah, but that shouldn't be too hard. With the both of us, it shouldn't take any time at all,” Griffin explained as he turned back giving her a confident smile. “Don't worry about it.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I can't believe this is so ****ed hard! Even with the both of us, we still haven't found anyone. On top of that it's already 5:50,” Griffin grumbled as they sat back down on the bench in front of the tree.

“Yeah,” Serena said as she watched her dreams of the tournament float away. She looked in the distance as she spoke. “At least we tried….right?”

“Yeah, and it hasn't really been a total bust I guess. I mean we did get to know each other better,” Griffin commented. As they were walking from person to person looking for a teammate, they played a game Griffin was quite found of. He called it the question game to get to know each other better. They went back and forth, asking each other questions and they were required to answer all of them no matter how intimate or vulgar they may seem.

~ ~

“Have you ever been in love?” Griffin asked gently as he weaved in and out of groups of people.

Serena stopped and stared at him with her deep wondrous blue eyes. “Yea…I was…”

“Really? Who was it?”

“I…I…don't want to say,” she whispered looking down at her school girl shoes.

“I'm sorry. I didn't mean to…,” Griffin looked at her with an apologetic demeanor. “Well…it's your turn,” He suggested trying to get off the subject.”

“What about you?”

“Yeah…. I suppose…I kinda' still am.”

“Did she come to watch you?” Serena asked even though she didn't really want to know the answer.

Griffin swallowed heavily as a lump began to quell up in his throat. He began to scratch his left elbow, “I suppose.”

“You don't know?”

“I'm just not sure…last time I saw her was about five years ago,” Griffin whispered back. He wondered why he was able to tell her things that he hadn't been able to tell even the closest of his friends, and they had just only met a few hours ago. Why was that?

“May I…Can I ask what happened to her?” Serena probed with a small frown on her face. Griffin wheeled around stopping her dead in her tracks. He locked eyes with hers then darted his eyes to the sky above them. He swallowed heavily again, then whispered hoarsely.

“She was killed.”

~ ~

“Yeah, I guess,” Serena responded cheerfully. The resentment in her voice was still clear though. It was a feigned cheer that she showed and Griffin knew it. He felt his conscious began to weigh down on him, feeling that he had kept her back from entering the tournament. He looked at Serena and struggled to say the words that he thought were right for the moment.

“Uhm, well. I'm sorry you won't be in this tourney all because of me….you still have enough time to go and join another team if you hurry.”

Serena looked into his sullen face and smiled. “No, I'm not gonna' just up and leave you like that.” She stopped as she watched a leaf float by her sweet face. “We can at least watch it together though.”

“Yeah, I guess you're right,” Griffin responded taken aback by the teenage girl's suggestion. He smiled as he leaned back against the tree. Even though he didn't get to show off his moves, at least he had made some new friends. Too bad he wouldn't have the chance to face Goku. That was his only regret.

“****IT!!!” a male voiced yelled out from behind the tree startling Griffin.” I can't believe you guys can't compete on my team! Why didn't you get invitations anyways?

“I don't know. Guess they only wanted one member of our crew or something,” another guy's relaxed voice answered back.

“I only have three minutes till the deadline….hmph…Oh well, guess I'll just have to sit this one out then,” the first voice sighed heavily. By this time Griffin had made his way around the tree to see who this voice belonged to. To his surprise, he spotted the silver haired sword wielder from before.

“Wait….what did you just say?” Griffin interjected into their conversation. The silver haired kid turned around perplexed as to what he was talking about.

“What do you me….wait? Were you eavesdropping on us?!” He stood up quietly, an angry look spread over his face.

“No! I mean yeah…I mean…Never mind! Did you just say that you don't have a team anymore?” Griffin exploded unable to contain his excitement any longer.

The boy stepped back a bit with a fearful expression plastered on his face. “Well, yeah…I don't.”

“That's great! Then you can join ours,” Serena chirped in pushing Griffin out of her way.

“Uhm, I would but….to be honest…you guys are freaking me out.” He stepped back again looking into Serena and Griffin's eager and hopeful eyes.

“We don't mean to scare you. We just really need a third person. That's all. Please, will ya'?” Griffin pleaded.

The tall black haired companion of the boy grabbed his shoulder looking at Serena. “Sure he will….ain't that right Haru?”

Haru looked up at the black haired guy and yelled roughly. “What are you doing Musica? I didn't agree to that! Besides, I'm sure Elie wouldn't like me running off with another group, would ya?”

The girl who had been quiet for this whole conversation stepped forward, placing her hand on Haru's right shoulder. “I think you should do it. I'll be cheering for you with all my heart.” She gave him a goofy smile as he cringed at the words.

“Well, it's settled then!” Serena exclaimed. “Welcome to our team.”

Haru glared back at his companions, and then shrugged. He had finally given in. “Yeah, I'm honored.”

“We'll meet you guys inside. It was nice to meet you two. Take good care of Haru for us,” Musica said walking away with Elie in tow.

“Wait up guys…you can't just….,” Haru trailed off as he watched his friends sprint away laughing.

“Welcome to the team,” Griffin said giving a big toothy grin. “My name's Griffin Motomiya and this is Serena Tsukino.” Serena gave a small wave as Haru sized her up.

“I'm Haru Glory. But most people just call me the Rave Master,” Haru said smiling broadly. “Shall we register then?”

The newly formed trio began to make their way to the registration booth embedded in the gigantic wall.

“Rave Master? He must be really into techno, or something.” Serena whispered into Griffin's ear. Griffin quickly nodded his head as he followed this dancing king.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Chap 1 Part 3

“But…it's only 6: 03! Why won't you just let us slide this one time?” Haru screeched as Griffin and Serena hung their heads in discontent. They had taken up a lot of time trying to convince Haru to join them earlier. They stood there, facing off against a smug looking pudgy pale guy with an enormous amount of freckles and glasses stuck to his sweaty head.

“The rules clearly state that the deadline is six o'clock,” the man said stopping to take a breath before continuing. “No exceptions.”

“Argh!” Haru bellowed with that teenage angst of defiance. He stomped away from the window towards his newly acquired teammates' waiting faces.

“Any luck?” Serena asked hopefully.

“Nothing. That guy won't budge off of his high horse.” Haru shot a glare over his shoulder at the man who had began to scarf down a bag of newly opened potato chips. Griffin rubbed his chin trying to think up a way. He continued to look around for a solution to their current dilemma.

“I'll be right back.” He said with a smile on his face. He walked up to the window leaving his teammates behind, befuddled.

“What's he up to?” Haru questioned watching as Griffin waved his arms around wildly at the man. Griffin turned around to look past Haru towards Serena. He nodded slightly, and then turned back around.

“Why did he just look at me?” Serena asked pulling her hand to her bosom. She watched the fat man's eyes light up as listened intently to Griffin's words. Suddenly Griffin turned around and beckoned the two to come over.

“He did it?!” Haru said with amazement in his tone. They dashed towards their white headed comrade eager to hear what he wanted.

“Okay, please tell me your names. And your classes as well,” the pudgy man said wiping the grease on his plaid shirt.
“Haru Glory. A-class,” Haru said slowly and clearly.

The man typed away at his computer entering the info as quickly as it was given.

“Serena Tsukino. Also an A-class,” Serena submitted with a twinkle in her eyes.

“And I'm Griffin Motomiya. S-class,” Griffin declared causing Haru to swivel his head towards him.
<S-Class?>he thought.

“Very good, you all seem to check out. Okay one more detail before you're fully registered. What are you going to call yourselves, your team's name I mean,” the man said in an obviously indifferent tone.

“Hmm?” Griffin questioned confused by the notion.

“We get to name it?” Haru exclaimed excited by the fact. “How bout Team Haru, that has a nice ring to it right?” He looked at Serena smiling brightly.

“Puhlease, you're so full of yourself. We need a strong name, one that shows what we're about…what we stand for. Like Team Destiny.”

Haru looked at her cocking an eyebrow. “Team Destiny? What kind of name is that? We may as well call ourselves the Power Rangers or something like that. Now team Rave that has a ring to it as well.”

“What?! I hate that more than I do Team Haru!”

“So you like team Haru then?” Haru said smirking at her.

“No, they're both stupid. How about something simple? Like team moon?” she sad tapping her chin thoughtfully with her index finger.

Griffin watched as the two continued to argue the matter. When slowly he spoke saying, “Faith, that's what we should call it.” Haru and Serena stopped and looked at him with an awed look glazed over their faces.

“What kind of crap is that?” Haru questioned beginning to laugh heartily. Griffin grimaced at the stinging words and shrunk away from the conversation lowering his head. Serena looked at Griffin's hurt expression and smiled warmly.

“That's a great name. I vote for the name to be team faith.”

Griffin grinned at the words. It was rare that he got to make a decision, so it felt really good to be able to for once.

“What?!?! Two against one huh? Well, I guess it does have a certain ring to it as well. Not as much as Team Haru….but, it'll have to do,” Haru said with reluctance in his eyes.

The chubby man handed them three ids that showed what class they were and what team they were on printed on their laminated surfaces. “Cool,” was all Haru could muster.

"These ids are of extreme importance to you in this tournament. They are not only proof of your entry, but also the keys to your hotel rooms and notices for your matches,” the man said. He pointed to the blank spot where a picture would usually sit and continued. “This is a digital viewing screen. It will flash and show you who your next opponents are. It gives you the info exactly a day before the match, giving you time to prepare for it. You lose these and you'll be in the dark from then on. Welcome team faith, to the 37th annual tournament of twilight.” An electronic beep was heard followed by the sound of the door unlocking besides the booth.

“Thank you,” Griffin said gratefully.

The trio approached the door as Serena questioned Griffin on how he had gotten the man to change his mind.

“I'll…..explain later,” Griffin responded nervously.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Much to the surprise of the trio, a beautiful sight lay just behind the towering wall. They looked about them in awe, their mouths agape as they took in their surroundings. The wall extended around the place that they stood in forming a square around them. Vegetation crept up the side of the 20 foot high wall. There were all sorts of plant life within the place including trees and flowers made into a stylistic pattern. Griffin looked about as if he were a child in a candy shop. He pointed at anything that caught his eye and dragged his team along with him to investigate it.

“It's so pretty!” he exclaimed as the three surrounded a fountain situated at the center of the compound. The fountain was composed of three levels with a varying number of jets on each. Serena watched as the water seemed to dance gracefully in the wind. In the western direction from the fountain was a large orange colored building with many windows, which seemed to be the place where a lot of people were gathering to talk. From the look of it, it was more than likely the hotel they would stay in that night. To the east of the fountain was a wide open meadow of sorts. Filled with plenty of grassy space for anything you wanted to do outside. To the south was the entrance and to the north was a large Romanesque coliseum where Haru guessed the battles would take place.

“This place is so great,” Serena said as her eyes lit up more and more. “I bet even Luna wouldn't be able to complain here.”

The three proceeded to walk towards the looming stadium ahead to hopefully get a better look at their future battle site.

“So….,” Serena began, tugging at Griffin's sleeve. “How did you get us in?”

“Oh….that,” Griffin said throwing his hands behind his head. “Well, we got to talking and we….made a deal. That's all.”

Haru and Serena gave each other a puzzled look. “What…kind of deal?” Haru finally spoke up.

“Well…,” Griffin began, looking at Serena. “I kind of told him that you would go out on a date with him tomorrow night. No big deal.” He laughed a nervous laugh as Haru began to laugh hysterically.

“NO BIG DEAL!??!?!” Serena blasted leaning forward. “I've only known you for three hours and you're already trying to pimp me out?? You…You…..JERK!!”

“Well, we got in didn't we?” Griffin returned increasing his speed towards the coliseum. Serena glared at Griffin intensely, wondering what she had seen in him before. She imagined him popping like a balloon in front of her eyes. At that moment, it would definitely please her. Griffin caught the malicious glare and placed his hand on her shoulder.

“I'll make it up to you. I promise.” Serena shrugged his arm off muttering to herself. The group halted suddenly when a familiar voice called out to them.

“Hey, wait up!”

“Goku!” Griffin exclaimed turning around to face him. “Nice to see you again.”

Goku nodded smiling his friendly smile. “Is this your team?”

“Yeah, it's my….”

“OUR team,” Serena cut him off casting another angry glare.

“Sorry. Our team,” Griffin said looking at Serena as she brushed her blonde bangs out of her eyes. “This is Serena and that guy over there watching the squirrel is Haru.” Haru stopped watching his yellow “karate” squirrel as he called it, and looked back to see why someone had mentioned his name. When no one said anything else he returned to watching the squirrel fight off the pigeons trying to still its food.

“I'm very pleased to meet you Serena. And your friend over there as well. I'm Goku by the way,” He exclaimed shaking her hand. “So, have you gone in yet?”

Griffin looked at Goku and followed his gaze to the coliseum behind them. “No, not yet. We were just heading there though. Want to join us?”

“Sure, why not,” Goku said beginning to walk forward a little. “How bout we race there?”

“Race there?” Griffin repeated wondering why this man would suggest something that seemed so juvenile to other people his age.

“Sure, the last one there buys dinner!” Goku chimed beginning to stretch.

Haru walked over to Goku and nodded his head. “I'll take you on.”

“Great!” Goku beamed already tasting his free dinner.

“Serena and I will judge then,” Griffin volunteered beginning to jog over to the stadium. Serena, reluctantly, followed his lead and proceeded to jog after him.

It took about 30 seconds for them to reach the stadium at a jog, allowing Goku and Haru time to stretch. Upon reaching there Griffin told Serena that she could be the one to count down the race.

“Why are you always volunteering me? Are you some kind of control freak or something?” Serena demanded firmly. She put her hands on her hips waiting for the answer.

Griffin stared at her for a while before he figured out what he wanted to say. “Well, I just thought you'd like to be the one to do the countdown.” He watched as her expression grew even sourer. “”This is about what I did earlier, isn't it? I said I'd make up for it.”
Serena remained quiet as she crossed her arms over her chest. <****, I've already pissed her off man. Way to go Griff.> “I'm really sorry Serena. I should've talked it over with you first.” Griffin said grasping both of her shoulders. “I know I'm a jerk sometimes…but I don't mean to be........ I don't want us to start off like this. I'm really sorry....... Do you understand what I'm saying?”

Serena removed his hands away from her shoulders and turned to where Goku and Haru were standing. “Whatever Griffin…..Okay guys!! Are you ready?”

Goku turned to Haru, rotating his arm. “Ready? Won't that sword slow you down a bit?” Haru merely shrugged bending down to tie his shoe. Goku didn't notice when Haru slipped a small object into his left sock……

“Okay! On your marks!” Serena yelled across to them. Goku stood straight up as Haru got into a racer's stance. “Get set….GO!!!”

Haru sped off the line as his legs began to glow with an odd blue light. In a mere seven seconds, he had crossed the finish line and won the race. Or so he thought. As Haru began to get close to the finish, he stopped suddenly as Goku appeared before him grinning. “Sushi's always good.”

Haru fell backwards to the ground. "H…How did you?” he stammered.

“Instant transmission,” Goku proclaimed as the teens watched him stride towards the door to the coliseum. “I picked it up on Yardrat. They had some good food there as well.”

The three gaped for a while until Goku broke them out of their zombie-fied sates telling them to hurry up. They made their way for the entrance as a group. Griffin went ahead of his teammates and told Goku something that they weren't able to hear.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few minutes later they had reached the front desk where a red haired lady told them they couldn't go in yet. The group, dismayed, slowly began making their way out when a voice greeted them.

“Leaving so soon?” Toad questioned the warriors. “Don't you at least want to look around a bit?”

“Would I!!” Goku exclaimed as he proceeded to follow the mushroom headed commissioner.

Toad led them down bleak corridor after bleak corridor until they reached one that had many doors on either side.

“These are the team locker rooms. Each team is assigned its own personal locker room to be kept tidy or you will lose your locker room privileges.” Toad explained sternly. They continued to walk until they reached a set of double doors at the end of the hallway that had two star shaped windows on either side. “And this, lady and gentlemen, is where all the action takes place.” He swung upon the doors revealing a square platform surrounded by a multitude of seats. They proceeded to step into the ring as Toad rambled on.

“It can easily seat up to a thousand people comfortably. The stadium’s architecture allows any and all onlookers to see the matches clearly. To assure this, we’ve installed monitors after row F, so those unfortunate fans seated in the nose-bleed section are able to see the action up close.”

“How is it possible to have so many powerful warriors compete without worry of any buildings being destroyed? Or loss of life for that matter?” Haru asked examining the large square.

“Excellent question. There are five magicians that are in undisclosed locations within in the compound. They each keep up an incantation to keep the tournament a friendly one. One incantation to protect all the buildings and structures from destruction, another to prevent any fatal blows being dealt to the warriors, and another to prevent the audience from being harmed at all. On top of that, there is also an incantation to keep the skies clear and sunny, so that the matches will be at their best. The final incantation protects all of the other magicians from receiving any harm.”

“Wow!!” Goku exclaimed. “How old is this tournament? How did it get started?”

“Another good question. Follow me and I’ll tell you all you want to hear.” Toad proceeded to lead the group out of the stadium, opposite the direction they had entered from. “The tournament of twilight was formed to make it possible for warriors from all over to compete and prove how strong they are. The original tournament awarded its winner with the twilight pendant. The pendant was a sign of leadership and strength. However, the victor of the first tournament was corrupted by this symbol. He went on a rampage, murdering everyone and everything that stood in his wake, believing that no one, divine or otherwise, could ever defeat him. His destruction continued for quite some time......until one day……he just disappeared, never to be heard from or seen again. That’s why we made the tournament a team tournament. This way, they can all share the victory together, uncorrupted by their thoughts of ultimate power.”

Griffin tuned him out as he dropped back to try and talk with Serena. He looked over at her, his eyes hopeful. Finally he breathed out, “Are you okay?”

Serena looked back at him, her expression pensive. “Yeah….just a little nervous…that’s all.”

“About what?”

“I’m just not sure I can be as strong as I think I am. I entered this tourney to prove to someone……..that I’ve changed……I trained for a year straight to reach the level I’m at now.” She looked away, feeling as if she’d said too much. <Darien….> she thought bitterly <I’ll show you I’m not a cry baby anymore….I swear….>

“Don’t stop. I’d like to hear more.” His blue and green eyes sparkled as he looked at her intently. Serna caught his gaze but quietly turned away to look at Haru and Goku questioning Toad continuously. “That’s it I guess. Why did you enter?”

Griffin though for a while before finding an answer. “I suppose……to prove something to myself…” He looked at the back of his right hand as Serena questioned him further.

“To prove what?” Serena asked as her curiosity began to peak.

Griffin thought the question over. “I guess…..to prove…..”

“And here are the practice rooms,” Toad interjected as they approached a golden door. The lay out of the room was like a massive cubicle cross-sected by a huge wall type cross that split the room into four smaller rooms. There were doors in each wall that led to the other practice sections. “You are allowed to train here at anytime you wish. This is also the place where you can hold unsanctioned matches, if you feel so compelled to do so.” Toad left out of the golden door with his guests close behind him. They continued for a while, until they reached a small door with a red cross embroidered on its smooth surface. “Here’s the medical supply room and the end of our tour,” Toad stated brushing himself off.

“Uhm, about our accommodations? I thnk you only gave us one hotel room….meaning that I’ll have to share one with these two,” Serena said looking at Haru. “Maybe you didn’t mean to do that or maybe you just haven’t noticed that I’m a girl!”

“Yes, I noticed. Believe me, I noticed. But that’s the only room available since the others were all taken by the fans and the other competitors.”

“Just great,” Serena griped, thinking about how awkward their stay would be.

“Do…we have to pay for room service?” Haru asked rubbing his empty stomach.

“Not at all. Room service is complimentary. Any other……” Toad paused after being interrupted by an electronic beeping.

The warriors quickly whipped out their ids and looked at the details of their first match. The screen gave off a soft glow as it displayed that their first match would be against Team bear the following day.

“Team Bear eh?” Haru smirked scrolling through the members of the team.

Serena suddenly jerked her head up from the tiny monitor, looking about her with a panicked expression emblazoned on her face. “Wait. Where’s Griffin?”

Haru looked up as well. “Yeah, Goku’s gone as well….I’m sure Griffin got the message though.”

Meanwhile, back in the practice room, Goku congratulated Griffin on mastering the technique so quickly.

“No, thank you. I wouldn’t have been able to do it without such an amazing teacher,” Griffin said modestly as he sized up his future opponents.

“I’m really amazed at your incredible skill. It took me a whole lot longer to learn it, and it only took you 7 minutes.”

Griffin rubbed the back of his head. “Well, we should probably go now. They’re probably wondering where I am by now. You’re coming to watch tomorrow, right?”

“Of course, I’ll cheer you on all the way!” Goku proclaimed proudly. “You go ahead, I’m gonna' work off that lunch I had.”

Griffin nodded slightly, and then darted out of the golden door rushing to meet up with his companions. <He’s got a lot of potential, but he won’t allow himself to release it all……there’s definitely something special about him. Reminds me of…..well…..me!> Goku thought as he turned to a group of practice dummies. “Okay then. Let’s get sweaty!! KAH…MEH…”

~Fin

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Pestro. I had no clue about that rule. Here's part one of chapter two. Enjoy.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Nothing is permanent which makes what we had all the more precious. There is no time to waste. We must live fully and love passionately in the present -- in the moment -- which is truly all we have."
-- Ellen Sue Stern

Chapter 2: Fading memories

"And another one bites the dust!!!" The announcer's words could hardly be heard above the deafening roar of the crowd's cheers and shouts. "Unbelievable!" the announcer screeched as the silver haired boy waved at the crowd, smirking. "And that's three of Team bear's members, crushed at the hands of the amazing Haru Glory!! What amazing grace, what awesome power, what fine..." The announcer continued on as Haru turned back to grin at his teammates with his peaceful purple eyes.

"Way to go man!" Griffin exclaimed as he pumped his hand into the air.

"These guys are nothing. I haven't even gad to draw my sword yet." Haru retorted as he watched the tournament paramedics drag off the third member of Team Bear, Joe Higashi, out of the ring.

"Yeah!" Griffin exclaimed again as he glanced over at Serena. She simply stared at the ground, obviously ignoring his piercing eyes. He sighed deeply. He already knew what was on her mind.

~ ~

"The date's tomorrow.....in case you didn't know...."
"Tomorrow?!?! After our match?! Well, this just gets better and better.....doesn't it?" Serena frowned at Griffin's words. He stared after her as she stormed out of the living area of their hotel room to her own secluded bedroom.

~ ~

"I'm......I'm really sorry...." Griffin forced out.

To his dismay, she pretended as if she hadn't heard him and began to braid and unbraid her fair colored hair.

The announcer jumped into the ring and broke the brief moment of peace on the battlefield. He wore a black suit, sunglasses, and had blonde hair shaped in a goofy fashion. He held a wireless microphone in his hand as he spoke with the experience of what appeared to be many years. “This match has been great sooooooo far!! Who will we see next? It seems that Haru from Team Faith has decided to stay on the field for some overtime. Who will Team Bear pick?” The announcer looked over to the diminished team expectantly. With a slight shrug, a teen wearing a white leather jacket and blue jeans stood and began to make his way to a spot across from Haru.

“Ooooh!! A fan favorite ladies and gentleman!! Kyo Kusanagi from Team Bear has entered the ring!” Kyo nodded at Haru smiling, his brown eyes filled with peace and calm.

“Hm…it’s about time.” Haru mutter3ed as he began to rotate his shoulder.

~ ~

“He’s probably the biggest threat to us.” Haru explained as he looked intently at a picture of a brown haired youth.

“Kyo Kusanagi. He’s kind of cute.” Serena said grinning. They were outside of the coliseum on the way back to their hotel rooms as they spoke of strategies against their first opponents of the tournament. Haru had already signed himself up to fight the first three members of Team Bear without any sign of complaint from Serena and Griffin.

“No matter how cute he is, he is still an A-class and, more importantly, our opponent.” Haru reminded her as he continued studying the picture.

“Think we can beat him?” Griffin asked wearily.

Haru smiled as he gave a thumbs-up, “Of course we can. It’s just more fun to beat a tough guy is all.” He pressed the button on his id and scrolled to the final member of Team Bear. He sighed and boasted, “If they’re all this weak then I’ll just take the whole team!” He laughed louder at his seemingly funny joke. Griffin grinned and patted Haru on the back when he saw who the cause of this outburst was. “No way Haru, that one’s all mine.” Haru stopped his laughter as he caught Serena’s eye. She shrugged and turned to Griffin. “What?” he said feeling uncomfortable, “I just do okay? Besides…he’s an old friend of mine.”

~ ~

“Okay!!” The announcer blared. “This match starts when I give the okay. Just let me step back a bit. Alright! GO!!!!” The announcer leaped into the air as he yelled out the signal.

Kyo darted at Haru to begin the match as the “o” left the announcer’s mouth. He began to deliver a present of punches as Haru began to block them easily. He rolled to the side to take the offensive with a knee to Kyo’s midsection. It failed. Kyo caught Haru’s knee and threw him backwards with the force which he followed with a round house kick that connected against the right side of the silver haired teen’s face. Haru stumbled backwards from the impact but remained standing. He grinned and ran forward again attempting to throw the knee again as Kyo got ready for it. At the last second Haru used his other foot to propel himself into the air and deliver a fierce rising knee to Kyo’s chin. Kyo stumbled backwards as he suddenly straightened out of his fighter’s stance rubbing his chin. Haru followed suit.

“Not bad, “the brunette called out.

“You either,” Haru returned with a flick of his nose.

“It’s been a while since I’ve had a good opponent. I’m gonna’ enjoy this,” Kyo explained settling back into his fighter’s stance. Haru followed suit again. The two sprinted at each other again as Haru began to plan a ground-sweeping kick as Kyo went for a flying side kick. Neither connected as Kyo went careening over Haru’s head. Haru stood back up and now was back to back with Kyo. Neither turned around as Haru began to assault Kyo with punch after punch. Expecting this, Kyo began to block this “sneak” attack.

“Not bad at all, “Haru applauded as he exchanged blow for blow.

“Thanks, I’ve had a lot of practice.” Kyo exclaimed thinking of the good ol’ KOF tournaments of yester-year. The two broke away from their awkward dance panting and sweating. The crowd roared on as a two headed monster unable to decide who to root for.

Griffin stared on in amazement as he watched the two go at it. It was like watching the fountain in the middle of the compound, simply magnificent.

“You haven’t drawn your sword yet,” Kyo pointed out tapping his head band gently.

“Haven’t had to,” Haru returned with a taint of aggression.

“Well, let’s heat things up, shall we?” Kyo said as he held his hand out at his side. He hand ignited in a red flame to the amazement of everyone who watched on. Griffin gasped at the dancing flame that didn’t seem to burn the boy. Kyo put his hand in front of him in an open palm toward Haru as he ignited the other in the same fashion as before. “Bring it.”

Haru smiled and gripped the hilt of his sword. He slowly pulled it from its sheath and put it in front of him as well. “This is the Ten Commandments, know them and know them well. This is the holy sword wielded only by the true Rave Master. The form you see before you is the Eisenmeteor. It should be more than enough for this match,” Haru explained as his smile faded. The flames that engulfed Kyo’s hands rose as he shrugged his shoulders eager to start the second part of the match.

<The Ten Commandments….wow> Griffin mused impressed with his selection of team members. He looked at Haru and his smile faded into a more serious disposition. There was an odd look in Haru’s eyes, one that hadn’t arrived until just this moment. Throughout the other matches, Haru kept the same joy and calm in his eyes as he had always had before. Now, however, the cheer and coolness had faded. In their place stood Haru with new eyes; intense eyes; powerful eyes; the eyes of someone who had seen countless battles. Griffin looked in the direction of the other man and was met with the same will and determination in his eyes. <I want that….I want those eyes> Griffin looked back into Haru’s eyes again in awe, yearning for that sense of power that they both had. His thoughts were interrupted by a sudden flash of motion.

Haru rushed Kyo dragging the Eisenmeteor behind him as Kyo’s hands grew brighter and the flame shifted to a bright neon blue color. Haru swung the great blade upwards at Kyo throwing up gravel and sand along with it. Kyo stepped to the side to avoid damage and threw a burning knuckle into Haru’s gut. Haru swung the sword in Kyo’s new position and met the same fate as he had before. He stepped back a bit from the blow to re-compose himself. His left hand fell from the sword as he switched to a more agile one handed sword-wielder’s stance. In response, Kyo changed the color of his to a bright yellow and threw a couple of fireballs towards Haru. Splitting one in half, Haru quickly ducked under the others. He ran forward in this stooped position until he was clear of danger and met Kyo with a sliding kick that took him off of his feet. Haru quickly took advantage of this and brought the sword down roughly onto Kyo before he had anytime to react. Much to his surprise, Kyo had caught the sword with hands of white flame. The blade began to glow a dull red as the blade was brought up to a flesh searing temperature. Haru refused to relinquish his sword even though his hands were being burnt by the intense heat. Growling at his opponent’s persistence, Kyo swiftly swept his legs taking Haru from his legs and delivered a swift kick to his torso sending him sprawling against the arena floor. Haru jumped to his feet and gave Kyo a hand signal that seemed to say “bring it”. Kyo ran forward at amazing speed towards him as his hands spewed the flames about as he sped up. Hr bent down and leapt into the air with his arms spiraling around him in a circle hoping to connect a devastating hit on Haru. To his dismay, the silver haired boy stepped aside and took a mighty base ball style swing at Kyo as he descended from his launch. The attack sent Kyo flying into Team Bear’s bench where his remaining teammate jumped out of the way. Kyo hit the bench with a thud as his flames died. He struggled to his feet and smiled as he began to clap with the audience.

“RIIIIIIING OOOOUT!!!! Kyo is disqualified and Haru wins! Now possibly the final match of this bout ensues!!” Haru re-sheathed his sword as he stepped out of the ring giving griffin sort of a “tag out”. Griffin looked on as he saw Haru’s eyes with the same sense of joy and calm as he had always had before went to Team Bear’s side to congratulate Kyo on a good match.

“Wish me luck,” Griffin said directly to Serena. She ignored him again as she began to pick at her shirt. Griffin hopped into the ring and was greeted by a huge man clad in red leather over his body. The man grinned when he saw who he would soon be fighting.

“Been waiting boy!” Bear roared in his southern accent. Griffin remained silent as he listened intently to the announcer.

“This match is between Griffin Motomiya of Team Faith and Bear of Team Bear!! Get ready to begin!!! GO!!!!!”

“My turn,” Griffin whispered throwing his hands into his pockets. “This should be pretty good practice.” Bear surged to him as if he were a soda can that had been shaken up far too much. He threw a mighty haymaker to try and end the match early. Griffin simply dodged with his hands still in his pickets. The beast continued to throw punch after punch as Griffin danced and twirled around every one of them. Bear decided to change it up a bit by throwing a kick and then a punch but it didn’t work out very well. Griffin enjoyed this variation and dodged expertly all the time his hands remained in his pockets. Bear stopped abruptly after quite some time panting as the crowd had begun to boo the two fighters in their blood thirsty matter.

“Making a fool outta’ me boy?!” Bear roared clenching his fat fists. Griffin smirked and gave the man a wink. Bear’s eyes glinted with rage and he threw up his arms in a roar. His body began to emit an odd green energy that sizzled and sparked with electricity. Suddenly he rushed forward at Griffin with new speed and began to unleash punch after punch like before. <What?!> Griffin thought. He could barely dodge this new batch. A punch came<just missed>. Another punch<closer that time!>. This time a kick <****!>. A huge punch came<no time to dodge!>. Then, he was gone. Bear stopped his assault with a dumbfounded look upon his face.

“What the…? Where did he go?!”

“Missed me,” Griffin taunted from a few feet behind him. The angered beast rushed at him and missed another punch. This continued for quite sometime until Griffin just wasn’t there anymore.

“Where… where are you?” Bear squirmed looking around for the youth. He stopped suddenly as he felt a new presence on his back.

“Hola!” Griffin exclaimed. They were back to back now. By the time bear could turn around he was already tripped by a sweeping ground kick. Griffin brought his elbow down hard into the small of Bear’s back sending him to the floor with a sickening thud. Bear remained motionless as the announcer counted for no reason.

“That…that’s it folks!! Griffin is the winner!” The crowd remained quiet, awe-struck by the teen’s unbelievable show. <Did I over do it?> the teen asked as he looked about him. A loud clap came from behind him causing a head snap to see who it was. Goku clapped from the audience and whistled loudly.

“WAY TO GO!!!” he screamed. The cloud slowly followed as Serena and Haru approached to congratulate him.

“Was that the instant transmission that you used at the end?” Haru asked with eager eyes? Griffin nodded slowly knowing that he had impressed his friend.

“Good job,” a voice sounded as strong arms surrounded the team in a huge group hug.

“Thanks,” Griffin forced out looking up at Goku.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

Team faith looked at their ids as they sighed at their misfortune. “Already?” Haru fumed, “The Forgotten? They don’t have anything on them…that’s weird…very weird.” Griffin looked up from his Id as he felt a presence. He looked about and watched as the black cloaked warrior from before exited the stadium.

“How was Mexico?” Goku asked with a grin.

“Griffin looked up and remembered the sombrero on his head. “Fun, even if only for two seconds.” He smiled taking it off, “Here. This is for you.” He handed the hat to Serena who glared at him at first before accepting the token.
“Thanks,” She muttered twirling the hat around in her hands.

De_Le_Chozo

Smash Apprentice
where all bedlam breaks loose! either that or the
Yes. Yes, your chapters are mammoths. I read the first few lines (your introduction is interesting and your dialogue is witty. . . but then I looked ahead! And it's so much! And so imtimidating!) I saw that only one person had replied to this, so I felt that you should know that your chapters ARE mammoths. Maybe try making each section of your chapter that's divided by those:
"-------------------------------------------------------------------"
into a whole new chapter.
Maybe then I'll read the entire thing.
And by the way, a factor that MAY HAVE contributed to my loss of interest in the story is that I am neither a manga fan nor an anime fan.

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for your input. I'll begin editing chapters one and two as I say this. I hope there's a way to edit it so they become different posts. Looks like I'm about to find out. Oh, and it's not just anime and manga. I just wanted to use some characters from those universes so I had to explain to the hardcore fans where I base my background story and abilities from for them. Everything else is completely non-related to those things albeit there are a few inside jokes lurking for those super hardcore nuts. Suprisingly enough, I researched alot for this. Haha, yeah, I'm a perfectionist. Oh well. Thanks, I'll get editing now. Make sure to come back and read on!!

p.s: I try to get out to every audience so you'll see some familiar faces if you're a video game fan as well.

De_Le_Chozo

Smash Apprentice
A month passes, and you get two replies. . . I know how you feel, AceMoney. . .
Since my fanfiction doesn't seem too compelling, I might as well devote my time to helping you make yours compelling. . .

Here're my thoughts on Ch1-1: Like I said, witty dialogue/interesting beginning. You definitely make a lot of effort into describing each character (personality-wise and appearance-wise). I already have a feel for who Bear and Griffin are. I would never do this, because when you're doing a fanfiction, fans would already know what the characters appear like. HOwever, I am not a fan of whatever "Faith" is, so I guess the description works.
I would divide this part into two: the first being Griffin and Bear, the second being Griffin and Toad, but it definitely works fine as it is.
The system of the classes is interesting and adds depth.
The thing about him having to get a team builds suspense.

1-2: It seems like it could be divided into three, but I think you characterize Goku and Serena pretty well. (Haru?-Meh.) This reminds me of an RPG, where you have the character who looks for people to make up his party. So far, I like it.

1-3: I can see why all of this is in one chapter now - it's all development/introduction. . . . . if you continue, I'd expect a fairly large story with all your description. . . I like the scene where the kids try to come up with team names.

2-1: This is where it gets interesting. I don't understand why Haru mentions the Ten Commandments when he takes out his sword, but I liked when Griffin said, "I want. . . I want those eyes." I like how Goku is like Griffin's mentor, and how griffin gave that sombrero to Serena at the end. . .

OKAY. ENough telling you what I liked - um. .. . . . In the first chapter you go heavy on the description, which sort of lengthens the chapter. In there, it moves slowly and that makes it easier to lose interest. This is the kind of story that you would pull up a footrest for, the kind that you make yourself comfortable for, because it's definitely not a casual read. . . Overall, I like your characters -Haru, the cocky but skilled fighter. . . Griffin, the "reach for the stars"-even though-he's-already-S-Class-guy. . . Serena, the charming girl who has something to prove. . . Maybe I compliment you too much. . . .

Well. . . your writing at least is better than mine, right?

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Thanks. Honestly, if you're the only person that reads this I would be happy. You provide insight into what I need to work on as well as a few encouraging words. Haha, actually Griffin and Bear happen to be my own creations. Also, Faith is just the name of the story so I guess I'm its only fan. Haru's sword is actually named the ten commandments. Stop being so hard on yourself, your story's great! If we work together and offer insight on each other's stories, I'm sure we'll become better writers. Hope you visit back soon!! Like in a week. That's when part two will be up.

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Chap 2 Part 2

“You did great,” Musica said grinning at Haru. “Ha!! You took out four of the five! Those other guys ain’t got ANYTHING on ya’.” He took a huge bite from the egg salad sandwich as he patted his silver haired friend’s back.

“Yeah, well….” Haru trailed off, looking up at him from his place on Ellie’s lap. His lover listened on quietly as she ran her fingers through his hair.

“That one girl on your team is pretty hot though. That guy is a total poser though. Not good….not good at all,” Musica continued his rant as a spray of egg shrapnel exploded from his mouth. He tugged on his earlobe as he watched a herd of multi colored Yoshis stampede by. Suddenly an odd looking bird popped out of the picnic basket that Ellie had prepared.

“Faaaaaarfetch’d!!” the bird called as it looked about surprised. Across its beak and the twig that it carried was a thick white frosting that smelled of strawberries. The bird licked its branch tentatively as Ellie’s cheeks began to redden.

“You stupid bird!! That was Haru’s congratulatory pie!!” She exploded as her face became even more distressed and angry as she stared at the odd couple of bird and twig. The Farfetch’d squawked as it jumped out of the basket and ran away from the red giant to its haven in a tree. Haru looked at her beautiful face and reached up to touch her cheek.

“Don’t be mad at him okay? I bet it was the best pie ever. Besides, it’s the thought that counts, right?” Ellie’s face reddened even more. Not from anger this time. This time she had begun to blush from Haru’s touch.

She smiled sweetly as she bent over and kissed his forehead. “Yeah, you’re right. What would I do with out you?” Haru returned her smile as he began to blush as well.

“Geez guys,” Musica broke into their tender moment. “If you wanted to be alone so badly, you could’ve just told me!!” He stood up bringing the Farfetch’d raided picnic basket along with him as he made his way back to the extravagant hotel. The couple erupted into laughter as they watched him take his leave.

“I don’t think your teammates are all that bad….” Ellie pointed out. “I feel like they’re really good for you.” She finished as she gave Haru that motherly gaze that she always gave him. Haru shrugged in response.

“I guess. I don’t really mind either of them really. Serena’s always so cheery and carefree…and Griffin… I don’t know. There’s….” Haru continued as his facial expression grew tense. “There’s definitely something about him. I mean, on the outside he seems normal…but I’m not sure… there’s just…..something! I mean, he’s in the S-class but I haven’t seen any example of his power that would show me the reason why. In fact, I think he’s holding back for some reason…… What do you think?”

Ellie frowned as she looked down at Haru, “What do I think?” She broke into a cheery smile as her eyes squinted slightly. “I think you think too much!”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“****it!!” Griffin growled as the blue energy faded away giving a pop and a sizzle as it did. He threw his hands above his head in rage gritting his teeth tightly. Goku leaned against the smooth surface of the practice room watching as the teen struggled to master his technique. “I just can’t do it!!” Griffin yelled frustrated at his failure. He wiped his bangs out of his eyes that were now damp with sweat. The phoenix hoodie which he once wore was slumped in one corner of the room. His black undershirt, almost see through by now; bore an insignia that said “1-up” accompanied with a green mushroom. Goku left the wall and placed a firm hand on the teen’s shoulder smiling.

“You didn’t think you could learn ALL my moves in only 6 hours did ya’? Hm, the mind of a teenager never ceases to surprise me.” Goku patted him on the back as Griffin frowned sourly. “Actually you’ve already mastered what took me years to come up with. Let’s see. The Kah-Meh-Ha-Meh-Ha, the after image,” he counted off on his fingers.

“And the after image,” Griffin interjected as his mood lightening. His face relaxed as he fell down on his back side. “I was working so hard that I didn’t even notice how tired I was.” He looked up at Goku panting as the sweat stung his eyes turning it a reddish tint. “Soon, I’ll know ALL your moves,” the teen breathed out blinking from the salty water.

Goku chuckled as he patted Griffin’s swamped hair, “I have to save at least a couple for myself Griff. Besides, if we face each other, I wouldn’t want to have to fight myself. From what I hear, I’m pretty tough!!” The two laughed together as time continued to roll on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6:07 P.M.

Shower
Wax
Brush teeth
Fix hair
Polish nails
Pick out dress
Pick out shoes
Make sure mace is in purse

Even though this guy is a complete loser, it doesn’t mean that I can’t at least look good… Oh! Only an hour left, better hurry. Well not really, I can be a little late I suppose…….

Ouch! This bra is pinching me, better find a new one. Yeah this one will work great. Ah, no under wire but it still has all the support I need. Hm, why are guys so fascinated by these anyway? It’s not like they’re magical or anything. Although, I guess everything on me is pretty magical… Hee hee.

6:21 P.M.

Okay, now for a dress… I need one that’ll say “hello” but not “hello, please jump on top of me.” I think I have something like that. Hmmm, what to pick what to pick…. Oooh, this white one’s pretty….but so is that red one. Wait, what’s that? It’s perfect!!! I haven’t worn this dress in such a long time. Ugh, kind of a tight squeeze… there, all done. Hmm, well it shows off more cleavage than I wanted to… and a lot of my legs as well. ****, oh well. I still look good enough to be dipped in chocolate ice cream. Mmmm, I sure hope they have some at the restaurant.

6:58 P.M.

Well, I better get going soon it’s already 6:58. Do I have my ID? Yeah, right here. Alright, time to have some fun….I can’t believe I just thought that this might actually be fun…..

7:03 P.M.

Why did I leave that stupid sombrero sitting right there? Stupid Griffin….if it wasn’t for him I wouldn’t even have to go on this thing…’this is for you’ he says. Ugh!! Why do I need a stupid sombrero for anyway? Hmm…. I suppose it was sort of sweet of him though…in an odd sort of way. He is sort of cute I suppose…..What am I thinking?!?! He set me up on a date with the biggest geek ever! I’ll never EVER forgive him for this…EVER!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Wow…. I think that’s all I can do for today.” Griffin breathed out collapsing onto the ground of the practice room. He looked back at the ashes of where the practice dummies once stood.

“That’s a sign of a good Saiyan workout,” Goku exclaimed.

“What’s that? What’s a Saiyan I mean,” Griffin asked still stuck to the floor. Goku smiled as he recounted the history of the Saiyans, including his own individual history. “I still don’t understand… if there was a planet of people as powerful as you are…how was it defeated so easily?”

Goku’s eyes narrowed at the notion, “Well Griff, sometimes unexplainable things happen. I guess that the Saiyans were too trusting for their own good… or perhaps Frieza destroyed them….because he knew how powerful they were capable of becoming.”

Griffin fell silent as he closed his eyes, trying to imagine this hellish beast….this Frieza. “But you beat him right? Meaning you had become what he feared the most. In other words, you had already won the battle; his determination and will were already gone.”

“Yeah, that’s true.” Goku looked back at the practice dummies’ remains.

“Then why…why did you intend to kill him?”

~ ~
“You Fooooool!! Goku bellowed out as he shot a Kahmehameha down into the defeated Frieza’s body. Why wouldn’t he just let him go? Goku had given him his life…

~ ~

“Sometimes, the only way to truly defeat and enemy….is to make sure they’re not allowed to ever hurt anyone ever again. If I would’ve let him survive any longer, then more people and their worlds would have been destroyed because of my mercy. I offered him life and he rejected it. That’s why I did what I did. One day, you might have to face the same choice. I just hope you’ll be ready to do what is right.”

“Yeah…me too.” Griffin muttered. Silence fell over the room as the warriors contemplated the thin line between justice and murder.

“I’ve got you now!!” A shout exploded from an adjoining practice room.

“Ha! You couldn’t hit me with that if I was tied to a chair!” a cocky voice followed in response. The two warriors looked over at the other room wondering who was over there.

“Want to go check it out?” Goku asked listening to the sounds of crashing and thuds of fist meeting face in the next room.

“Sure…. As soon as I’m able to get up that is,” Griffin moaned struggling against the bonds of fatigue that held him down.

“Oh, sorry bout that. Here, eat this.” Goku placed a curious looking brown object into Griffin’s mouth. Griffin chewed it up and swallowed roughly.

“Holy crap!!!” he exclaimed jumping up onto his feet. “What was that?!” He felt full of energy as if he had just woken up from a month long of sleep.

“It’s a Senzu bean. Completely recovers your energy. Don’t tell me you’ve never had one before,” Goku said frowning. Griffin shook his head as Goku handed him three more. Griffin smiled as he thought of the wild fun that would ensue later tonight.
---------------------------------
They entered the practice room and exclaimed as they watched two figures fighting fiercely in a pitch black room. Every now and then, there would be a flash or spark that would illuminate the combatants’ faces. An energy sword formed out of nothingness and was swung haphazardly at the opponent allowing Goku and Griffin to see the participants clearly.

“Wow, they’re good!” Goku exclaimed focusing on the non-sword wielding youth. The two stopped suddenly realizing their presence for the first time. The sword un-ignited, shadowing the room into twilight yet again.

“Who are you?” the cocky one belched out. It seemed to be the sword wielder that said this.

“Just onlookers, don’t mind us,” Goku exclaimed.

“That’s cool… you’re probably too weak to contend with us anyway.” The non cocky voice called out laughingly.

“We could mop the floor with you guys!” Griffin retorted with unbridled confidence.

“Well, that sounds fun. Two on two. How bout it?”

“Sounds good to me,” Goku said cheerfully. “My name’s Goku by the way.” A golden light surrounded him as he said this revealing his location to his opponents.

“I’m Kuwabara,” the sword wielder boasted as he followed Goku by surrounding himself in a white light.

“Griffin,” the teen said as a blue light enveloped his body.

“And I’m Yusuke. Yusuke Urameshi,” the last and final competitor called out as a golden light absorbed him as well. “Goku and Griffin vs. me and Kuwabara. Let’s do it!!” The rainbow of lights faded as darkness returned to its throne as king.

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Chap 2 Part 3

“And then she points to the Klingon and calls it a Vulcan…a Vulcan!!” The freckled face man laughed ferociously at his witty joke. “Don’t you get it?”

The blonde-haired girl gave a weak smile as she rolled her sapphire eyes. “Good one Jeffrey,” she said sarcastically as she procured another piece of the French bread from her plate and dipped it into the savory garlic sauce. Jeffrey continued to laugh as his eyes fell upon her bosom for the 51st time in the last ten minutes. Serena found that keeping count of this helped her get through all his bad jokes and desperate attempts at making conversation. <52…> she thought as his eyes fell upon her chest yet again. < I can’t believe Griffin…That jerk.>

She checked her watch, hoping that this nightmare would end soon. 8:31. She sighed as she bit into her breadstick yet again. Jeffrey began to sip his tomato basil soup as he took a deep look at Serena’s breasts yet again. < How bout I throw that soup in your pants perv!!> She thought angrily while taking another savage bite from her breadstick.

“It burns!!” Jeffrey yelled exploding from his seat. Serena’s eyes widened to view a crotch of tomato basil soup. She began to laugh for the first time that night. Jeffrey danced around in a circle before finding his napkin and wiping himself off. He proceeded to try and sit down slowly but his butt was slammed heavily into the ground as his chair was pulled out by some mysterious force. Serena giggled and cheered along with the rest of the restaurant goers as they watched the most obnoxious person in the world get what was coming to him.

Jeffrey jumped from the floor with a stunned look on his face. Suddenly his pants fell revealing a pair of overly worn boxers adorning his heavy frame. He turned bright red as he stormed out of the restaurant, embarrassed. As the tears of joy came rolling down Serena’s cheeks, she noticed a small note placed on the table. She unfolded it and smiled as she excused herself from the restaurant. “He’ll cover the bill,” she said pointing towards the door that Jeffrey had run out of.
---------------------
Griffin stared up at the peaceful night sky as he though of the wild fun ahead of him. The grassy hill he sat on was littered with flowers and dew from the sprinklers. It lit up brightly as the fireflies flew all around him. A firefly flew onto his finger that seemed to glow brighter than all the others. He smiled and whispered, “Do you think that she’ll come?”

“Griffin Motomiya!!” an angry voice called out from behind him. He quickly jerked his head around to see a beet red Serena staring back at him. The firefly took its leave into the night as she continued. “If you think you can make up for what you did by destroying that guy’s self esteem!!” She roared. “Then you’re absolutely right.” She held up the note she had gotten from the table and grinned brightly. “Mind if I join you?”

“Not at all,” Griffin returned feeling relieved. She took a spot about five feet away from him and slowly began taking off her high heels.

“What were you doing out here anyways?” Serena questioned.

“Just watching the stars,” Griffin responded.

“Are you worried at all about tomorrow?”

“Why would I be? Just because we don’t know who they are or what they’re capable? Piece of cake.”

“Sarcasm at its best.”

Griffin looked down at his shoes and began to contemplate what would happen tomorrow. He darted his head back up and smiled suddenly. “It doesn’t matter. Win lose or draw, we’re gonna’ do our best right?”

“Yeah, we’re gonna’ be great” Serena said as she slowly moved over towards him a bit.

4 Feet

“Yeah, listen. I hope your date wasn’t too terrible by the way.”

“Oh, it was! But, you made it end with a bang. It was really something you did back there.”

“It was nothing. Really. I felt like it had to be done.”

“Well, it was really nice. Thank you.”
3 Feet

“Do you know what Haru’s doing right now?” Griffin asked picking at the grass between his feet.

“With Elie I suppose. ‘Celebrating’.” Serena said with a tinge of sarcasm on the “celebrating” part.

“Like we’ll be doing later right?” Griffin said not noting the sarcasm. Serena gave him a puzzled look but grinned as she realized how innocent Griffin was.

2 Feet

“Have you ever eaten one of those ice cream cakes?” Serena asked looking at Griffin’s smooth face. “You know, the cakes with the frozen goodness inside?”

“Random…No, I can’t say that I have.”

“Oh, a virgin eh?”

“I guess you can say that,” Griffin responded smiling. They both laughed for a few minutes enjoying each other’s company.

1 Foot

“So, what kind of celebration do you have planned for us later on?” Serena asked staring into his blue and green eyes.

“My kind of celebration of course,” Griffin responded nonchalantly as he stared back into her sapphire eyes. He darted his eyes away as he noticed that he had been staring for too long. “I guess we should get going eh? It’s ten now so…you can help me set up for tonight if you’d like to.” Griffin stood up and brushed himself off before offering his hand to help Serena up. She accepted his hand allowing him to pull her up slowly. Griffin couldn’t help but steal a glance at her cleavage and honestly, Serena didn’t mind one bit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The tension in the room was so thick that you could cut it with a knife. The two combatants watched the third waiting for his attack. It was two in the morning and they were still at war with one another.

Gritted teeth
Narrowed Eyes
Furrowed brows.
No games were being played anymore; this was an all out brawl.

“Just make your move,” Griffin said grimly. She looked over at Haru, her eyes deadlocked. He gave a devilish grin as launched his assault.

“Well, Griff. It looks like this is the end for you. Four thousand dollars.”

“What?! ****it!” Griffin exclaimed falling out of his chair. Haru slowly placed the Boardwalk card back onto his side of the table and chuckled at his friend’s misfortune. The hotel room was in complete and total chaos. Soda cans, bags of chips, and cotton candy lay around the room in a nauseating tornado of colors and saturated fats.

“Wow, I guess it’s game over then.” Serena sighed looking at the fallen Griffin. “How did you get so good at this game anyway?”

“I’m not sure, I guess I’m just lucky,” Haru explained from behind his massive mound of Monopoly money. Griffin reached over and stuffed a tuft of cotton candy into his mouth. He chewed slowly as he looked up at the table of smiling faces.

“So what did you think? Most fun you’ve had in a while?” Griffin questioned.

“Most definitely!” Serena giggled as she shook the beads of the sombrero on her head. Griffin smiled and looked over at Haru who simply nodded as he continued to laugh. Griffin joined in the laughter as he stood up and took his seat at the table again.

“I’m glad you liked it!!

-----------------------------------------

“And then the light faded, and we were there in the park again. I held her close to me as she lay in my arms. And that’s when I felt my bond with Elie become stronger than ever.” The silver haired teen finished up his story and looked up at Serena’s tear-filled eyes. “Oh c’mon! It wasn’t even sad!”

“I know. It was just really beautiful imagery. At least, that’s what I think,” Serena said wiping the tears from her eyes with a slight grin. Griffin watched on as he thought about how amazing his new friends were. For the past three hours after monopoly they had told story after story of their escapades as Griffin listened intently.

“Hey. What about you? You must have some great stories too right?” Serena spoke startling Griffin slightly.

“Well…..”

“C’mon! You must have something,” Serena said beginning to pout slightly.

“I’ve only got one….” Griffin spoke as he began to feel uncomfortable.

“Tell us. PLEASE?” She pressed harder.

“Yeah, tell us your story Griff.” Haru chimed in now staring at him as well.

“I…I can’t.”

“Why not?”

“Don’t worry, we understand. We shouldn’t pressure you as much as we have.” Haru said silencing Serena’s inquisitive mind.

“Thanks….It’s not that I don’t want to…I just…can’t…I’m sorry.” Griffin breathed. A silence fell over the room as Griffin stared down at the table. Haru walked over and patted his shoulder as he excused himself from the room. Serena followed his lead and gave Griffin a smile before exiting herself. <It was fun while it lasted at least….UGH!! You’re such a coward!! You could’ve told them!!> He thought.

“No, I couldn’t.” He told himself. “They wouldn’t understand….”

De_Le_Chozo

Smash Apprentice
You seem to have a good sense of using flashbacks, like that first time with Griffin saving the kid, and then Goku killing Frieza. Hopefully, your pacing is quick enough so that you can go somewhere with those flashbacks.
This line confused me:
“Then why…why did you intend to kill him?"
I'm not sure if you intended this as Griffin's line or a voice in Goku's head. If it's Griffin's line, you didn't exactly make it clear that Goku told Griffin that Goku killed Frieza. If it's a voice in Goku's head, make it italicized or something.

Serena's scene with her to-get list and the scene where they play monopoly are fun to read.

I'm not sure if I believe the scene with the Senzu Bean, because I don't watch DBZ - I'd describe the Senzu Bean, the moment where a surge of energy rushes through all of Griffin's body - you shouldn't have any problem with description.
I think you were a bit cruel to Jeffrey. I don't exactly believe that he wears women's panties. HOWEVER, maybe someone else thought it was hilarious. Wait for someone to say that.
I'm gonna leave the rest of the scenes alone, because you seem to be building towards something with them.

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for that insight. I actually had things italicized in Word but I'm too lazy to go back and add the italics after they all disappear. Griffin is the one who asked him actually, I didn't make that clear enough though. Yeah, in this part of the chapter I decided to play around with a few writing styles and ended up with the monopoly and Serena's getting ready scene. And you're right on the money when you feel like the other scenes are building up to something because, well, they are ;) Oh, and that scene with Jeffrey is a bit cruel. I wrote this part of the chapter at least two months ago and I had a different view of what I wanted from this story at the time. That view has since changed and become something far grander in scale. I'm writing chap.3 right now and polishing the end of chap 2. It should be quite a doozy.

Edit: In addition I've decided to add a little biography section below that will tell you all that I feel you may want to know of each of the characters that you may or may not know. If it isn't useful to you then tell me so I can get rid of it...thanks.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
This is a pretty cool story so far and can you believe it, I was going to ask for links. I have to say though, those flashbacks are confusing the heck out of me when I'm reading.

Edit: If you ever need any help, feel free to ask me. I'm pretty good for information. (pretty good at ranking characters, I don't mind looking up a character and then ranking them)
Edit: Looked up the Serena character. Sailor Moon? Eh... Whatever. Your story is still cool.

P.S. Dang! You started in 2005! So few replies have been left man. This is a completely underrated story! I wish more people would read this. Maybe you should change the title or something?

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Chap 2 Part 4

“Tails never fails,” Griffin said gazing into the dark abyss that was his cloaked opponent. The announcer flipped the coin high into the air as the sun glinted off of its smooth surface. Tails. Griffin smiled as he began to say the stipulations for the battle. “This match will be a single elimination fight. The winner from the fight before cannot take part in the match directly after his or her own. The first team to defeat all opponents from the other team will be proclaimed the victor. Is that okay with you?”

The raven cloaked figure simply nodded his head to show his approval of the match. “….Okay, the match has been set!” The blonde haired announcer declared to the crowd’s hoots and hollers. “Once you’re ready, step into the ring and let the chaos ensue!!” The crowd bellowed at the words as Griffin grimaced again as he remembered how agitated the crowd made him. Griffin extended his hand outward to shake the black cloaked figure’s hand. He was met with the figure’s back and what he could have sworn was a low hoarse snicker. Griffin froze for a second as he watched the giant walk away as silently and slowly as he had approached.

“Hm, jerk.” Griffin muttered under his breath as he turned to converse with the rest of Team Faith.

Serena smiled a bit as she saw Griffin walking back towards them. “What are the rules?”

“What we agreed on earlier of course.” Griffin said with an oddly serious demeanor about him.

“You okay man? Looks like something spooked you.” Haru asked noticing the new Griffin that stood before him.

“Me? Uhm, no. It’s just….It’s just that that guy really rubs me in the wrong way.” Griffin shot a look back at the dark robed figure before continuing. “I call that one.”

“Great. Then I’ll go first!” Serena said suddenly perking up at the thought.

“I can’t believe you’re so ready to just rush into this. It could very well be the end of the tournament for us ya’ know…” Haru marveled in a pessimistic tone of voice.

“Well, I have a feeling that everything will work out in the end.” Serena negated Haru’s warning with a smile. She stepped into the ring and began to stretch.

Griffin glanced over at Haru, who was sulking about going second, and asked with a look of confusion. “What’s gotten into her all of a sudden?” Haru merely shrugged as he tapped his foot impatiently.

“This match will be between Serena Tsukino and …….is this right?” The announcer looked over at the judges questioning what was written before him. He seemed to listen intently to his earpiece as the words came over. He gave a slight nod before continuing. “Sorry about that folks. Serena Tsukino will be facing Second Kings, chapter twenty, verse ten. Ugh….”

Serena began to laugh at the idea of fighting a biblical verse rather than a person. She looked back at Griffin and Haru as she smiled saying, “wish me luck!” Haru followed her command as Griffin’s eyes narrowed. The red robed warrior stepped into the ring elegantly. He moved slowly as if he had all the time in the world. Serena looked up to notice the grey clouds that had appeared since the flip of the coin only 10 minutes ago.

Serena grimaced as she watched the figure finally take its place across from her. Something about him unsettled her, made her feel ill and unsure at the same time. Her eyes remained glued to her opponent as a raindrop fell from the heavens and landed on her soft flesh. The warrior remained immobile even as the rain began to fall more steadily. He scared her now.

“Alright! Get ready…GO!!!!” the announcer yelled in his typical fashion. Serena and the figure remained at their spots. She watched his feet hoping that they’d move at least a little. She clenched and unclenched her fist. <****. Just do something already!>she yelled at the red cloaked man with her mind.

The red cloaked man was becoming agitated at the situation as well. <C’mon girl, let’s get this over with already!> he thought as he gritted his well hidden teeth together. He looked back at her wondering what the hell she was thinking.

“I bet she’s scared. I don’t blame her,” Haru said breaking the silence between Griffin and he.

“Yeah….”Griffin agreed as he listened to the crowd begin to talk amongst themselves about the rain. He shot a glance over to where Toad would usually stand and was greeted with an empty spot of grass. He looked further back to the judges’ booth and found a furious Toad yelling at one of the officials about something.

“Let’s go Serena!! Hurry up so I can come in!” Haru yelled.

Serena laughed a bit and not turning around stated, “Okay! Don’t rush me. I’m trying to enjoy myself.” She sprinted forward at an impressive pace ready to finally begin the match. Apparently the cloaked man decided that a full on rush would be fun, so he joined in. He ran forward at a slower pace but impressive none the less. They met each other almost at exactly the middle of the ring. The cloaked man threw a strong right blow which Serena quickly ducked under. She rolled to the side and grabbed him around his waist.

“Don’t get any ideas,” she whispered. She quickly pulled him off the ground and performed a powerful cranium busting suplex with the arch of her body fully extended. Griffin and Haru gasped at her inconceivable strength and speed. Griffin’s demeanor relaxed a bit as he realized that his choice of teammates was exceptional to say the least. Serena quickly hopped back up and walked forward a bit, waiting for her opponent to get up. “C’mon Reddy. It didn’t hurt that badly did it?” “Reddy” slowly began to stir and make his way to stand. He was un-steady; the blow obviously caused a huge amount of damage. Finally resettled, he charged at her ready to begin the fight again. Serena stood her ground against this angry force. Reddy threw furious right hands at her delicate face but was met by the graceful dodging talents that she possessed. Reddy followed up with a desperate knee trying to connect with an attack. He made a mistake; Serena caught his knee and used the momentum to flip him over face first into the ground.

The crowd roared as the announcer began his count. By six, the red cloaked man was standing again, his head hung over. His chest heaved in and out as if something was trying to explode from its fleshy prison. He threw his hand into his cloak and kept it there for a bit. Both the crowd and the current spectator members of Team Faith fell quiet in anticipation of what he’d do next. Serena decided that she didn’t want to see and rushed him delivering a swift windmill kick sending him into the air. She grabbed his cloak as it flew past and pulled as hard as she could, tearing the fabric and exposing the warrior to the rapidly falling water for the first time. He wore a black tunic that covered his gray tights that fell into a pair of raven adventure boots. His hair was grey beneath his black hat that looked like a sleeping cap of sorts. From the front, Serena noticed that he bore a shield on his back and what looked like a sword underneath. His eyes stared intently into Serena’s. Cold. Unfeeling. Dark. In his left hand rested a boomerang with a green stripe towards the bottom half of it.

“Who…who are you?” Serena asked cautiously and carefully. The midnight garbed warrior said no words, yet he was heard. A smile fell over his face as he explained without speech. [I am a mere shadow, a being devoid of light. Many call me their worst nightmare, others call me Shadow Link.] With that he hurled his boomerang forward at a surprising speed and raced after it. Serena stepped back a bit startled by the sudden burst of action. She quickly found her center again and got ready to dodge this new attack. The boomerang inched closer to her as she prepared herself to dodge it.

<Okay…One. Two. Three!!> Serena shouted in her head as she leaned backwards as far as she could. The boomerang went careening over her as she watched on. She leaned back up and blocked a punch from S. Link as she began to smile feeling accomplished. < I hope you’re watching this….> In the back of her mind however, she felt like she had forgotten something; something vital to her success. < THE BOOMERANG!!> She cringed as she turned to meet face on the instrument she had carelessly dismissed. Her frame was sent sprawling to the floor by the slick water logged flying toy. S. Link caught his tool and ran backwards preparing for his next assault. Serena made her way to her feet angry that she had made such a novice mistake. <Won’t happen again> she thought.

S. link laughed a short musty laugh as he threw the boomerang again. Serena stood her ground; ready to dodge. <Okay…One. Two. Three!!> She caught the boomerang and prepared to throw it back at its owner but was caught off guard by a flash of black steel. S. Link slowly pulled his blade from the stabbing position it was in to a more relaxed position. His sword gleamed bleakly as the gunmetal blade emitted an evil aura. His right hand held the shield that Serena noticed earlier. Looking closer to the shield she noticed what looked like an endless stream of souls swirling around within.

“A sword? That I can handle.” She said swiftly snapping the boomerang in half. She cast it aside still angry that she had made yet another novice mistake. S.Link brandished the sword menacingly as Serena rushed him quickly, her skirt fluttering in the wind. She threw a hard punch to the midsection of the warrior and was met with laughter as it was deflected by the unholy shield. The sword darted from the side of the shield in an attempt to harm her again. She leaned to the side to dodge it and ducked under the next swing as he attacked again. She rolled to the side as he swung yet again. She leapt to her feet to dodge another swing and performed a back hand spring to dodge the last and final attack of his combination. <Hm, I have gotten better> she gloated.

“She’s really good,” Griffin exclaimed.

“You’re just sweet on her,” Haru pointed out.

“Yeah….Wait, what?!” Griffin exploded out of his seat. “No! No I’m not!!”

“Sure you aren’t…” Haru said laughingly as he rolled his eyes. “See how quickly you got up? Don’t worry, I bet she likes you too. Just take it slow, you’ve got plenty of time to get to know her.”

Griffin began to blush as he took his seat. “Yeah, I guess you’re right.” He began to think about it a bit as he watched the battle rage on. Suddenly, he rose to his feet again as Serena was struck with the gunmetal blade.

[The Blade of woe….do you like its sting?] Shadow Link revealed. Serena lifted her wounded hand and watched as it turned a purplish color. <****it! Paralysis> she thought as her mal-colored hand fell back to her left side as she readied her right in a fighting stance.

“I won’t lose to you,” she said brashly while formulating a new plan to defeat him. He began the combination he liked so much and Serena dodged it expertly. He went for the stab as the blonde haired wonder jumped into the air and landed on top of the blade. S.Link looked up quickly as she delivered a swift kick to his temple that sent the demon sprawling to the ground separated from his blade. He rocked in pain from the blow, his shield still in hand. Serena watched him carefully. Suddenly she fell to her knees as a flash of pain went through her calf muscles. She looked back to see another S.Link holding the sword in his hand.

“What? What the hell?” she questioned the apparition. He simply smiled and pointed in the direction of where the shield wielding S. Link once was. Serena followed his finger and was met with the S. Link aiming an arrow of dark energy directly at her.

[Game over girl] he taunted. The arrow released from its bow and connected with Serena’s body. The arrow exploded on impact into a dark orb of energy that consumed her body inhibiting her vision. Serena was alone now in her own dark world. The Shadow Links outside the dome put away their weapons as the dark house began to constrict. The couple produced a bottle of red liquid from the pouch on their sides and gulped it down quickly. As he removed the bottle from his mouth, he was one again. He gave up a sigh of red mist as he threw down the bottle.

“No way….She lost?” Griffin exclaimed watching the spectacle. Haru brushed himself off as he stood up ready to go to work.

“Don’t worry, I’ll finish this,” Haru boasted.

“Yeah,” Griffin sighed settling down. Then a flash of light erupted from the dark cage of energy causing every onlooker to shield their eyes. Where the dark dome once stood emerged a creature engulfed in light. As the light began to fade slowly, Serena stood wearing new garments. Her torso was covered in what looked like a white leotard that ended with a blue skirt below which was shorter than the usual school girl skirt that she wore formerly. A huge red bow was plastered in the middle of her chest with an emblem with a star emblazoned in the middle. Red trimmed white gloves covered her hands as red boots trimmed with white came up to her knees. A tiara became present in the middle of her forehead with a small red jewel within it as the orbs in her hair became a red color as well.

“Wow…” Griffin and Haru said in unison gawking at their teammate. Griffin cocked an eyebrow impressed at the transformation. Serena’s eyes held the same quiet intensity that Haru’s had held the day before. She walked slowly towards S. Link’s awe stricken being as she spoke.

“I am Sailor M…no…. On behalf of the moon, I shall right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means you!” Serena pointed at Shadow Link as she closed the gap between them. S. Link remained in the same spot he was at earlier when she finally reached him. Slowly, she leaned in and gave him a kiss on the cheek, as she whispered something into his ear. His eyes widened as they began to glow white hot and he fell to the ground writhing in pain. “Hmph,” Serena exhaled as she threw her hand threw her hair. The announcer began his count as S. Link fell motionless on the battlefield.

“And so the winner of this match, by a kiss, is Serena Tsukino!!! What a match people!!!” The remaining cloaked men of The Forgotten came to escort his body from the field as the white robed warrior stayed behind ready for his match to commence. Serena stepped out of the ring as the rain fell down from the heavens.

“Nice weather…Eh Griffin?” she said in an oddly cryptic manner. As her transformation ended, she fell forward into Griffin’s arms. “I guess I’m still paralyzed from that arrow.” She let out a slight laugh as Griffin brought her over to the team bench and laid her down.

“You did great Serena,” he said smiling. “I have to admit though; I am a bit jealous of that guy.”

“Hm…you never know…” Serena teased with a wink.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
As usual, another great update. Nothing to complain about either. Not many people notice that Link is left handed. Anyways, great update. I'm guessing that the other cloaked warriors are actual villains hiding their identities.

De_Le_Chozo

Smash Apprentice
Moving on with the story. . . I don't really have too much advice, but remember this: there's usually more to a story than fighting. I think Matt said something about "The Moment Before" where you have to explain everyone's motives. Well, you sort of have that with the whole "It's a tournament thing." I want you to remember to give me a reason why I want to see these guys winning at the end of the tournament. I suppose you'll do that eventually and explain your title, which is why the next part will be very convenient!

For example, in the movie SIn City (I just saw it), you have Marv hunting down Jackie Boy. Why? Because Jackie Boy's been more than abusive with Marv's girlfriend, Shellie.
EDIT: The guy's name is Dwight, not Marv. Sorry!

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Chap 2 part 5

The wind blew the silver hair on Haru’s head haphazardly as he stared at his enemy ready to begin this competition of strength. His clothes felt weighed down, more than likely damp from the raging rainstorm. His eyes remained open and focused as he gathered information on his opponent by merely watching him move from side to side. The victor of over a hundred battles, Haru was ready to add another notch to his belt. It seemed the only time he was truly at peace with himself was when he was here, on the battlefield.

“Okay!!!! Well, this battle is about to commence!!! This match is between Haru Glory from Team Faith and…” the announcer was cut off by the white cloaked warrior as he removed his outer shell in a bold gesture of revelation.

“I am Sesshomaru,” the newly discovered warrior told the announcer in a calm voice. His silver-colored hair flowed straight down his back and swayed in the wind as his golden-amber eyes flashed with the knowledge of over nine hundred years of battle experience. His armor bore a spiky rim-like piece of metal around his left shoulder, where there seemed to be a recent injury, and extended out onto his upper body. He wore a white kimono with a red honeycomb and flower crest at the collar sleeves and shoulder. Also he wore pants that ballooned at the bottom covering his ankle high boots. On his right arm, Sesshomaru wore what looked like a fluffy cloth that seemed to serve no purpose whatsoever. A navy blue crescent on his forehead showed clearly due to his parted bangs.

“Alrighty then!!!” the announcer wailed over the speakers excited to not have to announce another bible verse as an opponent. “And Sesshomaru from The Forgotten!!! Let’s get ready to ruuuuuumble!!!!” And with that illegal use of a registered trademark of America, the battle was underway. Both combatants stayed at their spots as the wind blew through their silver hair.

“Do you really wish to fight me?” Sesshomaru questioned the youth as Haru readied the Ten Commandments.

“Do we have a choice?” Haru retorted as he held the Eisenmeteor at his side. “Besides, it’s just for fun right?”

“There is nothing fun about battle, Haru. You should know that by now,” the sage responded without as much as a thought to the notion. “I hope you are prepared for this. I do not waste my time on weak opponents.”

“Neither do I,” Haru grinned as his eyes focused on the man. It had been years since he had finished his quest for the Rave and become a potent warrior with no fear. Yet, even though the world was at peace, he still could not escape his fate to endlessly fight. It consumed him, it defined him, and it gave him a reason in life.

Sesshomaru began the assault with what he called “Dokkassō” which manifested green claws in the air as he ripped at Haru with his own hands. Haru dodged easily feeling that the attack was half hearted. He retaliated with a half hearted attack of his own to test the waters, swinging the Eisenmeteor towards Sesshomaru only to be met with empty space as he moved away at a blazing speed. The trees around them remained peaceful as the battle commenced. The sky was clear without as much as a cloud on the horizon. This was not a battle with their bodies, but rather a battle within their minds.
The wind began to pick up as Sesshomaru drew one of the two swords he bore at his side. “Tensaiga” the sword whispered to Haru as it razed the air. Haru adjusted his position as he followed the path of the sword as it drew a word in the air in front of him. “Pain”. Haru’s eyes widened as he was taken from his feet by a tornado of un-heavenly proportions. He was abruptly cast aside to a place far away from the clearing they once stood in and landed in a pool of blood. He began to drown in this blood. The blood of those that he had slain in the name of justice.

“How different are you heroes from villains? Haru, what makes you special? What causes you to seek justice on those who are simply doing what they believe in their hearts to be true?” Sesshomaru questioned watching the youth suffer. “What gives you the audacity to believe that you have the power of a god? To judge others for their crimes before you have cleansed yourself? Where do you gain the power to bind and loose? Kill and Forgive.” Haru exploded from his cage of regret and fell upon Sesshomaru in a mad rush. Delivering blow after blow in a frenzy. Sesshomaru fell to the ground as the world about him turned dark as dark whirlpools began to form about the two.

“You become angry and hateful just like them Haru. Why do you think you’re special?” the kimono garbed being continued.

“Shut up!!” Haru yelled as he began his assault again. “You don’t know me. I did what I did because that was my mission. You think I enjoyed killing people?!”

“Yes,” Sesshomaru responded as he stared at the sword lifted high above Haru’s head. “I think you enjoyed it very much.” Haru began to bring the sword down roughly as these words left Sesshomaru’s mouth. He wanted to shut him up. He didn’t want to feel this way. He didn’t want to feel like a murderer. If only this battle was with their bodies, he could have hidden this from his opponent. His emotions were not allowed to run rampant in the physical world.

The sword stopped within inches of Sesshomaru’s face as Haru’s eyes began to water. Sesshomaru’s golden amber eyes stared back at Haru’s mauve eyes without blinking.

“I never wanted to,” Haru began. “I never wanted to even go on that stupid journey. I never wanted to become the Rave Master or even leave Garage City for that matter. I never…”

“Do you regret the things you have done?” Sesshomaru interjected.

“I never wanted to kill anyone okay? I just wanted to live my life normally.”

“Do you regret the things you have done?” Sesshomaru asked again this time with a tinge of anger.

Haru looked at Sesshomaru’s crescent moon and closed his eyes. His head nodded slowly as he thought of all those villains’ families that would never be able to see them again. All thanks to him. He had saved the world but at the same time ruined it for others. What made him special? What separated him from the villains?

“Elie? Do you regret her as well?” Sesshomaru pushed into his mind.

“No, I….”

“Admit that without those murders, you would have never been able to meet her. So, do you regret it?”

“I…..I…..” Haru muttered as he became perplexed. The sky began to turn a deep blue as he stared at the blade above Sesshomaru’s face.

“You are weak,” Sesshomaru responded to the tears that began to flow openly down Haru’s face. “You’ve murdered so many but yet you’re still weak. I told you that I do not fight weak opponents. Be gone.”

“RIIIIIING OUT!!!!!” The announcer yelled as Haru found himself pelted by the rain of the physical world. ”Sesshomaru wins by what seems to be a mistake from the young silver haired warrior. Oh well. Better luck next time!!!” Haru looked down at his feet and saw the grass, which surrounded the square ring, caressing his shoes. He looked back at where his opponent was and watched as he was carried off bleeding and hurt. Haru’s eyes focused on Sesshomaru as he left, knowing that one day he would have to face the powerful sage yet again.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Ahh... Sesshomaru from the Inyusha series. Yeah that is a descent show. Cool update, it had alot of emotion and less fighting than usual. Can't wait to see the last of The Forgotten.

De_Le_Chozo

Smash Apprentice
I'm betting Haru has a really interesting backstory that I have no idea about. Sesshomaru sounds real hardcore. I suppose Haru has to get his past out of the way before he can move on in the plot, which seems to be anime-RPG-based. Well. . . don't forget to make this stand out from a regular anime-RPG plot. Also, this part was much shorter than any of the other parts. Is that bad or good? It's bad in that you can't get too much plot inside. It's good in that it becomes more accessible reader-wise.

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Chap 2 part 6

Haru slowly made his way back to his side confused and unsure. Yet, he did not display this on the outside as he seemed calm and collected as he approached the remaining members of Team Faith.

“Hey. Don’t fret over it kay?” Griffin called out trying to make his friend’s loss not hurt so much. Haru took his seat and remained silent as Serena picked up where Griffin left off. “Yeah, you did amazing out there. He just used a cheap trick or something.” His friends tried their best to convince him that he was still a competent warrior. However they did not know of the war that had raged within the minds of Haru and Sesshomaru just a few minutes earlier. Haru looked down at his presently paralyzed friend and gave a hmph in response. He looked back up at Griffin and nodded his head, his determined eyes still with him. The snow haired teen nodded back as he took his spot on the battlefield ready to begin his match of the day.

“Well folks! Here we are!!! With one win to both Team Faith and The Forgotten, this will be the deciding bout of this match!!! Griffin Motomiya of Team Faith will face Revelations, chapter nine, verse six,” the announcer wailed. The announcer grimaced as he shook his head at the sheer absurdity of having to say bible verses instead of actual names for combatants. The black robed warrior stepped into the ring and gave a slight nod towards Griffin who responded like wise. “Okay..GO!!!” the announcer shouted as he dropped back to his spot by the judges’ table.

Griffin began to store energy in his index finger in an effort to show off the newest move he had acquired. The tip of his finger began to glow a bright white as it heated up to an un-bearable temperature. Suddenly, he felt a pang of pain in his side and stopped storing the power. He focused his eyes on his opponent who had yet to move from his starting position.

“Something’s not right,” he breathed out as his opponent began to slowly walk towards him. <****it. No way!!> Griffin ground his teeth as he realized that the man had somehow immobilized his body by simply looking at him. <This is not good. This is not good at all>. The black cloaked warrior continued his slow approach knowing that Griffin would not be able to escape from his invisible confines. The rain fell while thunder began to sound in the distance as Griffin’s face collided with the man’s powerful fists. The pain coursed up and down his body as Griffin remained in the spot, unable to move. The black cloaked pugilist began to pound and pummel the boy as Griffin felt every blow echo through his bones. When the man seemed to be satisfied, he snapped his finger and released Griffin from his invisible prison. The teen fell to the ground, bleeding and exhausted from the “free” beating he had allowed his combatant.

The crowd cheered, believing that the black cloaked man was a supreme fighter. “C’mon boy. Get up,” a voice snarled at him from within the mysterious abyss of the cloak. The voice was unusually calm yet sinister. Griffin smiled slightly as he extended his finger in a pistol like position.

“Gotcha’,” Griffin pronounced as a brilliant beam of spiritual light ripped through the air and engulfed his opponent. The warrior fell backwards, startled and defenseless. He hit the ground and skidded a few feet as Griffin flipped back onto his honeydew sneakers. “Oh, were you not expecting that? Too bad,” he taunted as he blew his finger off thinking up his next plan of action.

“Hm, lucky shot,” the warrior retorted as he stood up slowly. He removed the tattered remnants of his cloak and revealed himself to the now cascading water. Griffin exclaimed as he watched a single wing emerge from his back. The man was tall and rather handsome. Griffin watched as his long steel colored hair remained motionless even though the wind blew his own hair harshly. He wore a long black coat and metallic shoulder guards and his eyes swelled with malice the likes that Griffin had never seen before. The tall man held out his right hand and called out “Masamune.” A giant sword materialized from thin air into his waiting hand. The blade was easily ten feet long.

“Who are you?” Griffin questioned staring at the blade in awe.

“Hmph,” the man grunted as he ran at the youth with eyes ablaze. He swung his sword expertly at Griffin’s head but missed as the boy ducked under the giant’s swing. He swung again at the boy and missed as Griffin dodged to the side swiftly.

“He’s good,” Haru breathed out as he watched Griffin weave between the quick sword slashes that the tall man delivered.

“Yeah…I can’t take my eyes off of them….no pun intended,” Serena stated noting her paralyzed predicament. “When did Griffin learn that move anyway? The one he used at the beginning?”

“No clue, I honestly didn’t know he could use energy blasts like that,” Haru answered not taking his eyes away from the match. <So he was holding back after all>.

<That’s it. I’m tired of this> Griffin thought as he began his instant transmission. He warped behind the man and kicked him hard in the back of his knees hoping to bring him down abruptly. The tall man fell with an “argh” and spun his sword backwards to try and swipe the boy. Griffin caught his arm and delivered a bone-crushing hit to the elbow of the man causing him to release the sword. Finally, he delivered a swift kick to the torso of the man to send him careening and separated from his sword.

“And that’s that,” Griffin brushed off his hands with a confident smile. He stopped his celebration as he watched the sword at his feet begin to emit a dark energy as it lifted itself off of the ground. His eyes darted back to the owner of the blade as the Masamune flew past him and towards its master. The tall man stood with his back to Griffin as the same dark energy began to emit from him as well. He held out his left hand and received the Masamune again. He turned back to Griffin, ready to commence the fight again. Griffin began to squint as he sensed the increase in the behemoth’s power. He rushed at him and quickly warped behind him to try and begin a new assault. As he rematerialized, he was met with a firm hand around his neck that lifted him off of the ground. Griffin looked down to view his opponent smiling viciously at his potentially tragic faux pas.

“By the way boy, you can call me Sephiroth,” the man revealed himself as the blade flashed with the dark energy of his body. The silver haired man smiled as the Masamune fell hard across Griffin’s chest sending him sailing to the floor bleeding profusely.

~ ~

“Sarah! Hey!!”

“Griffin!” Sarah exclaimed wrapping her five year old friend in her arms. Her fiery hair blew in the wind as she pulled him closer. The two laughed as they began to talk about how school was cool and debate as to who has more cooties. They began to play a game of tag as they used that boundless energy that five year olds possess that comes from their innocence.

“Sarah, we’ll always be friends!” Griffin exclaimed as he fell down exhausted from playing. He put his hands under his brown haired head as he looked over at his best friend lying on the grass besides him. “Right?”

“Yeah!!” Sarah replied as she gave a devilish grin. “Tag! You’re it!”

~ ~

Griffin reopened his eyes and began to violently gulp down air as he lay on his back. “Ahhhhhh!!!!” he yelled feeling the pain across his chest. He stumbled his way to his feet with teeth grit. He looked about for Sephiroth and was dismayed that he couldn’t find him anywhere. Griffin shook violently as he thought of why he would think of Sarah at a time like this. What did it mean? “****it…where is he? Ahhhhhhh!!!”

~ ~

“Sarah, are you okay?” Griffin asked with tears in his eyes.

“I think so,” Sarah whispered back to her nine year old friend. “It’s just a scratch.”

“I’ll g…go get my mom,” Griffin stammered wiping his tears away. The sight of Sarah’s bloody knee upset him even more as he looked at it. “I’m sorry…”

“It wasn’t your fault. I wanna’ play some more Griff,” Sarah said trying to cheer her friend up. She looked up from her fallen spot on the gravel and smiled. “Thank you.”

~ ~

Griffin fell onto his hands and knees after the clandestine blow to his back connected freely. “I thought…what’s happening?” he breathed out as his vision began to blur.

“Get up. Get up! Get up and fight!!” Sephiroth screamed within Griffin’s psyche. “Stop holding back boy! Show me your strength!! Show me why I went through all this trouble to bring you here!! Show me what your true power is!! Show me….My end!!!!”

“What…what are you talking about? Your end?” Griffin breathed out as he began to hear new voices inside of his mind.

“Griffin! Griffin! Stop the Match! Stop the Match!” The 17 year old looked over to see Haru rushing over to the mat to try and interfere.

“This match is ov….” Toad yelled out before being cut off. Griffin looked back to where the noise came from. He watched as the vision of Toad was shrouded by a darkness that could not be penetrated. He looked back at Haru and watched as the shroud prevented him from gaining entry as well. Still on his hands and knees, he looked back at Sephiroth who bore a sadistic smile over his face.

“There is no one who can help you,” Sephiroth stepped closer to the white haired youth. “You are alone in this world boy. You have always been alone. But…you know that…don’t you?”

Griffin shook his head at the words that tore through him deeper than the massive blade. “No, you’re wrong….I am not alone.”

“Hm, what do you fear Griffin? What do you fear the most? What makes you shake and quiver?” Sephiroth continued his cerebral assault.

“Nothing…nothing scares me….”

“Liar….you lost all courage the second I closed you off from the rest of the world. Fearless? Hardly…,” Sephiroth lectured as he tightened his grip on the Masamune. “I know your fear. I’ve fed it for years. You fear being alone….You fear loss.”

Griffin remained silent as he shook violently at the words. Sephiroth smiled as he continued his attack. “You are unique. There is no one else like you. All you have is yourself and your abilities…Show me. Show me your anger! Show me your hate!” Sephiroth lifted the boy off of his feet yet again by his tattered shirt as his palm began to heat up with an oddly colored light. “I shall show you my plight…Descend fallen angel…Flare!!!” a powerful blood colored blast erupted from his hand sending Griffin flying back to the ground. Sephiroth wiped the embers from his hand and motioned to Griffin to rise. Griffin once again rose to his hands and knees again. He was at his end, he could feel it.

“What...why? Why are you doing this? What do you want from me?” Griffin questioned as pain coursed through his body.

Sephiroth gave an angry stare at the words that had just spilled out of Griffin’s mouth. “Why am I doing this? Hm…If you won’t fight, then I’ll just have to finish you…” He lifted the youth from the ground yet again and held the Masamune viciously as it began to glow with a darker aura than ever before. The 10 foot blade flashed as it was driven into the gut of the boy.

~ ~

“Sarah…what’s wrong?” Griffin asked looking down at his friend. “Please wake up.” He watched on as if he expected her to jump up and answer him from her deep sleep. He waited for a bit longer before erupting into tears realizing that she would never wake up again. “You mom and dad are here. Don’t you want to go home with them? D, don’t you? Sarah….” A constant siren blared through the hospital room as the heart monitor flat-lined. There was a rush of motion as the hospital staff ran into the room to try and help the bed ridden girl. “Sarah!!!!!”

~ ~

“Ack!” Griffin coughed up blood as Sephiroth removed the blade from his body. The boy slumped to the ground.

“Pitiful,” Sephiroth said as he walked away from the defeated boy. “Disappointing.” The dark haze over the battlefield remained as he began to wipe the youth’s blood from the Masamune. “And to think, I’ve worked so hard up until this point. Remember Kyoto Griffin?” He began to laugh maliciously as his energy began to gather around him yet again.

S…A…R…A…H…,” a voice whispered from behind Sephiroth.

“Whisper all you want boy. She’s gone and so are you. May your final moments be enjoyable,” he began to chuckle as he looked back at the boy. He stopped as he realized that Griffin had somehow made it to his feet, albeit shaking with pain. “What?! Hm. Your fortification is greater than I anticipated. Let’s end this, shall we?” Sephiroth set his sword into the ground and raised his hands to the heavens as Griffin struggled to remain standing.

Sephiroth’s single wing began to gather energy as he prepared for his ultimate attack with his whole being. Suddenly, he stared back at the boy with a look in his eyes that was wild and primal. “This is the end for you. Give up all hope!! Supernova!!!” An opening emerged in the layer of darkness that blotted out the sun and moon and called down a powerful mass of light aimed straight at Griffin’s tattered remains. Weak and powerless, Griffin watched on as death inched closer and closer. Then finally, the orb of energy made contact with an explosive force unknown to the ring ever before.

Don’t give up!!

Smoke circled the blast area and shrouded the outside to the eyes of Sephiroth. “This is how it had to be.” He remained watching however. As a trained S.E.E.D. soldier, he knew to always confirm a kill no matter how certain he was. As the smoke cleared, he exclaimed at the sight he saw. Griffin stood in the center of the impact with his hands in front of his face in an x-state which was clearly used for defense.

“What…what is this?!” Sephiroth mused as he watched Griffin slowly lower his hands to reveal his forehead that bore a golden emblem of the Japanese kanji Shinnen or “faith”. The golden streaks that once plagued the snow covered field of Griffin’s hair were no longer visible and were replaced by a fully white head of hair which blew by some invisible wind. The back of his hands bore the same symbol as his forehead as his body glowed with a golden aura. His blue and green eyes had become a solid golden color as well. The innocence that his eyes once held was no longer present and in its place was a new emotion.

A single tear streamed down his glowing face as Sephiroth stared on in admiration. “Sarah….thank you.” As those words left his mouth, all mercy for his enemy left as well. For the first time in Griffin’s life, he was angry.

~Chap2fin

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
That was pretty cool. I can't say I know Sephiroth, but I think he is from Final Fantasy. I don't play that game but he sounds powerful nonetheless. Cool update. Is the next one going to be the last part of chapter 2? Just curious.

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Sephiroth is not only from Final Fantasy but also from the Kingdom Hearts series as well as many other cameos. I still have the links up at the beginning of this thread, so you can check the info on Sephiroth as well as any other characters I added recently....excluding Sarah. Oh, and that was the end of Chap2. Chap3 is in the works right now and it will finish off the battle as well as reveal some other things about my white haired protagonist. Thanks for reading, come back in about three days I think for the beginning of Chapter 3: Awakening.

~Ace

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'm definitely gonna' hit double digits before this is over. I have a set event in every chapter so it's come to just around 14 or so but I think I might be able to combine some chapters and such and such. Do you have any criticisms? As in anything that you want to see in the next chapter or anything more of or less of that is already in this story?

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
You tend to concentrate on the tournament too much. Maybe you should get them to do a sidequest every now and then to be a little more original. Other than that it is still a cool story.

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Oh, well on that I'm waaaaaaay ahead of you. The tournament is also second nature to the characters I'm trying to develop. There are gonna' be plenty of side quests, believe you me. The first and second chapters are mostly set up for the fun parts that I want to get to...stepping stones if you would.

De_Le_Chozo

Smash Apprentice
I like this chapter. Sephiroth's first name was so interesting, I took the time to look it up in the Bible that my friend gave me!

Revelations 9:6
"During those days men will seek death, but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them."
Hmm, what could it possibly mean?????

It seems like the pattern here is that the enemies play mind-games with your protagonists in order to win. There's' something that bothers me: how do these guys know so much about the protagonists' backstories? I'm sure it's believable, though, I'm just getting real picky.

Also, I forgot what the motivations for your protagonists. Maybe it's because I' mreally tired right now, maybe it's because the updates are a little few between. Remember what Marv said in Sin City: "You gotta have a reason to kill a guy." or, in your case, to beat up a seventeen-year-old teenage boy.

I hope that you'll make more allusions to the Bible, because that way, that lets the reader bring something to the table as they read, and also, because the title of your fiction is Faith!

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry that there isn't any real motivation at the moment for Team Faith, like I told UncleKenny, the first two chapters are merely set up for the future. You'll discover everything you need to know about Haru, Serena, and Griffin in due time. Trust me.

Uhm, well take note that you've only met three truly bad guys. Sesshomaru knows what Haru did because they had a battle in their minds where you're free to see what the other has done. Well, that's what my thoughts are however, like if you and I fought within our minds. I think that your emotions would be more vivd and there would be no secrets between us. If that makes sense. Oh, and Sephiroth....well you'll just have to read chap 3.

P.s: Did you notice that all the people on The Forgotten had "S" names? Haha, that was actually unintentional but cool none the less.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
actually, he is free to doublepost and such, since one post isn't able to hold all his information( i believe) but only because his story is the focus of the thread and these kinna threads are very constructive here(under appreciated..but constructive:grin: )
I believe you're able to make bigger and bigger posts as your "smash title" under your name upgrades, but until then its an easier read when its separated.
i hadn't read it yet, but i'm about to.

RDK

Smash Hero
Well, you finally get RDK's long-awaited criticism of your story. Sorry I've been gone so long!:embarrass

"Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark."
--Rabindranath Tagore
I like the way you put quotes in front of some of your chapters. I'm doing a similar thing with my new story I'm writing once I'm done with Smash Epic.

DeLeChozo is right in the sense that we writers sometimes have to be patient for our work to be properly recognized. Alot of famous artists' works were only considered to be valuable after they were dead (let's hope this isn't the case with you :psycho: ). So don't get discouraged if you don't get replies for a long time. Let it be a fuel to you to keep on going.

As for your story, I like the character developments.

Keep it up!

~RDK

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Uhm, I want to apologize for something that's minor but sort of big for me. Haru's eyes are actually purple..so yeah. I edited that really quickly. Oh, and about chapter 3. Part one should be up either soon or before the end of tomorrow. Oh, and it should be quite interesting and possibly test whether or not you've been paying attention to minor details or not.

Other than that, keep reading and I hope you enjoy. Sorry for the wait!!! Oh, and thanks for getting this post to flaming after such a long time of me not doing anything. Alright, well I guess back to my writing!!!

~Ace

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Glad to see it flaming.*Touches fire and gets burned*. Well anyway, can't wait to read the next update and thanks for the support on mine. I've been trying a little harder and not zooming through them anymore. Alright later.

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Chap 3 part 1

“Hope is the pillar that holds up the world. Hope is the dream of a waking man.”
–Pliny the Elder

Chapter three-Awakening

The dark dome’s surface popped and sizzled as the rain fell onto this impenetrable barrier. It was as if a new creature was being born within and this was its dark cocoon. Until it was ready to release this creature however, no life could get in or out.

“****it!! That guy’s probably killed Griffin by now!! Why can’t any of us break down this **** barrier?” Haru asked as he struck the dome again with all his might. His sword rebounded with a spark as he cursed the heavens for the fate of his friend. Other warriors surrounded every side of the bubble, all working furiously to try and remove the white haired boy from his prison as the crowd watched on in anticipation. Yet, to no avail. Even the mighty Goku could not penetrate the entrapment.

“Sephiroth must have expected us to try and interfere and created this technique to counter our strength and abilities. He’s even dampened my ability to sense life within the bubble,” Goku mused as he and his team continued to fight this hellish sphere. “For all we know, Griffin’s dead already and Sephiroth is just buying time to recover his energy before he has to face us when he returns.”

“This…this should have never happened…,” Toad croaked from between Serena and Haru. “Why are warriors getting hurt? Why is Griffin in this predicament? Why…Why is it raining?”

Serena looked over at Toad with the last statement and asked intelligently, “What happened to the wizards anyway? Weren’t they supposed to keep a protective mantra over this tournament?”

Toad nodded his head, disturbed by her words.

“Well, can’t you find them and ask!?” Haru butted in angrily. “Why are you just standing here when there’s a problem that big to fix?”

Toad winced and responded slowly, “I visited the wizards recently my friend. There were only three remaining. They fear that their friends have been assassinated. I asked further as to when they last saw them and they answered that they did not remember. It’s as if they simply vanished into thin air, without a trace. I returned to the wizards’ hiding spots during your match with Sesshomaru and was astounded to see there were only two wizards remaining. I rushed back here as quickly as I could, but the match had already begun by the time I arrived. As I shouted the words, the bubble was formed and well….”

Haru and Serena looked at each other as the words sank in. Their friend was suffering at the hands of Sephiroth and possibly dead, and all they could do was wait and pray.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Within the dark aura, Griffin’s eyes tore through Sephiroth’s very being. His transformation had sped healed his wounds and brought his energy far above anything he had ever felt before in his life. This power both confused and exhilarated him at the same time.

“So, is this what I’ve been waiting for all this time? I can say that I am a little disappointed.” Sephiroth smirked. “You have put me through a lot of trouble you know.” Griffin remained silent, un-phased by Sephiroth’s speech. The energy around him flared as Sephiroth began to advance on the boy. “So you received a small power increase and you think that now you can defeat me?” He began to laugh as Griffin glared at the giant. The Masamune gleamed as the one winged angel lunged forward to strike Griffin.

“Ahhhhhhh!!!!” Sephiroth bellowed as a brilliant light erupted from the golden aura that surrounded the teen. The light spread out from the boy and surged towards the demon overwhelming him. The light slowly faded as Sephiroth was brought to his knees in pain. “Is this…really what I’ve been looking for?” Griffin began to advance on the downed man at a slow steady pace. As blood began to streak out of the corner of Sephiroth’s mouth he spoke to the encroaching youth. “Hm, not bad…that doesn’t change anything however.” He slowly made his way to his feet and performed another Supernova in hopes of stopping this golden light. It failed as Griffin simply held his hand out and deflected the blast over towards the impenetrable wall.

Griffin continued his pace towards the man who had endangered his life. This demon who had intended to kill him. This man who Griffin had never met before now but who seemed to know him better than he even knew himself. His clothes in tatters, he continued the long journey to this demon’s death. He no longer deserved to live; he was a threat to everyone and everything that Griffin stood for.

Sephiroth tried again to stop the youth with a flurry of Supernovas that all met the same fate. With every step, the aura around the white haired being grew in magnitude. His spirit called out for the destruction of this beast. Sephiroth’s jade eyes regained their primal anger as he stabbed the ground with his sword and began a mantra to summon a spell. Barely audible to griffin, the word “Ultima” slipped from his lips as a blue dome surrounded the youth. Griffin stopped his approach confused by the new arrival and looked about the dome. His golden eyes fell back on Sephiroth as a smile fell across the youth’s face at the man’s stupidity. The dome compounded and exploded in an energy blast of inhuman proportions. Sephiroth removed his sword from the ground upon the finishing of his spell and watched the newly acquired smoke clear in anticipation.

“Ugh!!” he gagged as a sharp impact compounded within his stomach. Griffin removed his golden fist from Sephiroth’s gut as he slumped to the ground.

“Humph,” Griffin breathed out as he picked the man back up. “Is this what you wanted? Is this really?” Much to his surprise, Sephiroth looked up and grinned menacingly. Griffin winced as he dropped him back on the ground to suffer. “I’m tired of this, just break the cage so we can get out of here.”

“Are you really that forgiving?” Sephiroth asked with a chuckle. Griffin twirled around at these words to find the Masamune driven through him yet again. The blood spewed over Sephiroth’s face as his teeth glinted in joy.

“Aghghhhhgh!!!” Griffin screamed as the excruciating pain coursed through his body yet again. He gripped hold of the blade and broke it in half, casting it to the side and kicking Sephiroth swiftly all in one motion. He removed the remaining piece from his torso and threw it to the ground. “You fool…..You fool…” Griffin felt his hands shake as his anger rose to its peak. The energy surrounded his body healing him yet again as Sephiroth writhed on the ground.

Suddenly, a laugh bellowed forth from Sephiroth on his hands and knees. “Perhaps all you need is a little more stimulation. How about I tell you a story then Griffin? About the power of the angels.” Griffin grit his teeth as the silver haired lunatic continued. “The power of the angels is what I seek. I’ve killed countless warriors in search of it. I’ve slaughtered whole families. Whole towns….I’ve killed and killed and yet I have yet to obta….”

“What the hell is your point Sephiroth?!?!” Griffin interjected fed up with the ramblings of this murderer. “What’s the point of telling me who you’ve killed?!?! What do I have to do with any of this?!?!”

“Boy, do you still not see?” Sephiroth continued. “Think about it. Think about all the people you have loved in your life who have died. Remember your biggest fear! How did you become this way? Think about Sarah.”

“Leave her out of this!! Don’t talk like you know her!!” Griffin bellowed as he clenched his fists tighter together. His nails dug into his palms almost to the point of drawing blood.

“That’s good Griffin. Put coal into this fire of anger, it’ll help you. You’re far too soft for your own good. It may surprise you that Sarah and I knew each other quite well.”

“Liar! Shut Up!!!” Griffin yelled as he shot a blast of spiritual energy into the demon’s right leg. The discharge pierced the flesh easily and continued through the other side leaving a steaming hole where it traveled.

Sephiroth continued on as if the pain was non-existent. “You cried that night Sarah passed. You cry whenever you think of her Griffin. That is where your fear came from. Your fear of loss came from losing her.” Griffin watched on as Sephiroth continued telling him his life. “That year you had finally gotten up the courage to ask her out, correct? A month later and she dies. You have felt responsible ever since. Have you not? You were so young to have to deal with something like that.”
“How…how do you know that?”

“I know everything there is to know about you Griffin. You have no secrets from me. Do you remember the car crash Griffin?”

“Car crash? What are you talking about?”

Sephiroth’s eyes widened as he realized something vital to his story. “What about your thirteenth birthday…can you remember that?” Griffin remained quiet as his mind tried to wrap around this question. His mind drew a blank as his head fell in confusion. “Don’t you see Griffin? Don’t you understand?”

“I….I don’t know what you’re trying to say….,” Griffin began. He stopped as he realized that this was probably just a ploy by Sephiroth to confuse him. “Stop! I know what you’re doing and it won’t work!! I mean…of course I had a thirteenth birthday. How else would I be standing here right now?”

“Believe what you want. The truth will become evident soon enough; as will the truth about Kyoto.” Sephiroth stated calmly. “Would you like to know the truth of that day Griffin? Would you like to know who started that fire?”

Griffin’s eyes narrowed as his stomach turned heavily. “You…..you did that? You killed all those people? You ruined all of their lives?!?!”

Sephiroth laughed as he spoke. “I told you earlier, I’ve killed whole families. All in the pursuit the power of the angels….All in pursuit of you.” As the words flew from his mouth, Griffin fell upon him in an angry storm of fists and kicks. He battered the man in hopes of beating the sins out of him. His anger raged on as he continued the assault. He finished the onslaught with a hay-making uppercut that sent Sephiroth into the air. Griffin held out his right hand and froze the man there by some divine aura. He shook with anger as Sephiroth smiled.

“Yes Griffin, feed your hate. Show me what I’ve been looking for. Release me from this ****ed existence…” Griffin placed his feet apart as his eyes began to tear up from anger. His teeth grit as the golden energy around his body grew and grew. His right hand shook as it stored energy.

“This hand of mine glows with an awesome power!” Griffin shouted as the golden aura grew brighter and brighter. “Its burning grip tells me to defeat you!!!” He shifted his stance to a sideways one with his hand parallel with his body. The light in the palm of his hand glowed brighter as the kanji on his forehead seemed to become inflamed. His hair blew wildly as the air around the two became electrified. “Take this!! My love, my anger, and all my sorrow!!!! Pandemonium Blitz!!!!” With that, a golden-hued light erupted from his hand sending Sephiroth flailing to the impenetrable wall, a rag doll. With no strength remaining within in his body, Sephiroth watched as the teen appeared above him. Somehow, the man mustered the strength to lean forward again but was met by Griffin’s shoe sending him back to the ground. Griffin brought his finger within a centimeter from Sephiroth’s nose in a pistol fashion as he had done at the beginning of the match. From this distance, there could be no escape. He began to store energy as his teeth grit together from his anger. The energy from his finger grew and grew until it practically singed Sephiroth’s nose. Griffin’s golden eyes glared into the defeated man as he prepared to end his existence.

“Yes Griffin. Bring me death. Free me from life. Be the cloud that will lift me from this world. Be my escape!!!” Sephiroth choked out from his spot on the ground.

“No, I’m not like you. I won’t kill for the sake of freeing the world from your hate. If you view life as a prison, then that’s punishment enough.”

“You’re weak. I will come and kill you if you do not kill me now…you know that!!!”

“I don’t care. I’ll be ready when you do.”

“All those people Griffin. Think about their feelings!! They long for my blood to be spilled on this earth, grant them the pleasure! Do it for Sarah!! Do it for…” Sephiroth pleaded before being cut off by the release of Griffin’s energy blast.

“I said…don’t talk like you know her.” Griffin whispered as he took back his finger slowly. The barrier around him began to disappear as he moved towards the center of the mat. As the barrier dissipated into nothingness, Griffin’s being was revealed to the world and his friends stood all around him. The warriors around him froze as they watched the golden phoenix be reborn in the rain. Griffin’s golden aura sizzled and popped as the water attacked it.

“Griffin!!” Haru yelled as his eyes beheld his friend for the first time in the past hour. “You’re alive!”

“Well, of course I am… I won’t die that ea…” Griffin stopped as the power fled from his body and he collapsed onto the ground exhausted. Haru and Serena rushed to his side and yelled his name to no avail.

“Griffin!! Griffin!!!.... It’s no good.” Serena exclaimed. She checked his pulse and smiled slightly. “He’s breathing though; I think he’s just unconscious.” Toad sighed as the other warrior’s piled around to see the white haired boy to the safety of the infirmary. The crowd cheered as the rain continued to fall around the coliseum.

“Ugh…the power…of the angels….” The one winged angel breathed out glaring at the wing Griffin’s energy blast had amputated. “He has yet to understand its full extent…”

De_Le_Chozo

Smash Apprentice
yes. Here's the pay-off for everything. you've established plenty of things that'll drive the plot forward: Sephiroth's desire to KILL, Griffin's to. . . stop him? And the power of the angels? What could THAT be? Interesting stuff.

You probably already know how putting quotes as hooks is an excellent method.

As for criticism, I saw a couple corny dialouges in here, the kind you see in mangas, but that's where you're drawing your characters, so how can it not have that?

“This…this should have never happened…,” Toad croaked from between Serena and Haru. “Why are warriors getting hurt? Why is Griffin in this predicament? Why…Why is it raining?”

The last question ("Why's it raining?") didn't sound right to me. If you made Toad say this to describe the environment, you didn't need to. Of course it contributes to the feel that Something bad's gonna happen, but it just doesn't sound right.

“This hand of mine glows with an awesome power!” Griffin shouted as the golden aura grew brighter and brighter. “Its burning grip tells me to defeat you!!!” He shifted his stance to a sideways one with his hand parallel with his body. The light in the palm of his hand glowed brighter as the kanji on his forehead seemed to become inflamed. His hair blew wildly as the air around the two became electrified. “Take this!! My love, my anger, and all my sorrow!!!! Pandemonium Blitz!!!!”

Monologuing. Anime-RPG characters do this (and The Great Fox!), but not real people. It's better when this kind of stuff is narrated and not spoken.

I can't really criticize much beyond that. Sorry.

Top Bottom