• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fair Spacing On Spacies For Ken Combo?

Tags

Smash Cadet
What is the proper part of fair that positions Fox / Falco for dair spike? Accounting for combo DI and high / low percents as well.

EZPZ

Smash Apprentice
You kind of just said it yourself, it'll depend on their DI and percentage.

Tags

Smash Cadet
Still. I sometimes see people hit with the inside part of fair and other times tipper part. And I don't know how many degrees from middle that I should hit with.

DkDkDkDkDk

Smash Rookie
This. I wish someone would make a diagram of fair hitbox and where each part sends them. I tried to but it wasnt very pretty lol

Bones0

Smash Legend
Ken actually covered this in his Marth tutorial (on YouTube). The tip of fair sends people upwards while non-tips send them more horizontal. You also have to keep in mind if you tip them, you are further away. You also have to pay attention to how early or late your fair hits. If you tip at the beginning of your fair, you will almost never be able to get up high enough to dair (though you can often up-B). If you tip with the ending hitbox down near your feet, it's really hard for them to avoid the spike area beneath you. The same idea applies to non-tips, but with a different KB. Character weight, character gravity, percent, DI, your vertical momentum, your horizontal momentum, and other things all come into play. Melee is really hard for a reason. You just have to keep experimenting. Luckily this is one thing you can practice pretty well on your own minus the DI mixups. Go into Training Mode, set a CPU to a high enough percent, hit them into the air (dair, uair, fair, utilt can all work), and practice Ken comboing. Level 9s survival DI everything super hard, lower levels not so much.

Top Bottom