• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Failing to Load Project M. Game Reloads Brawl.

Von Kunlun Boof

Smash Rookie
I'm going into the stage builder. The game does the loading and goes to this menu:

http://i.imgur.com/PoHxZxq.png

As soon as I hit play, screen goes black, but it loads Brawl normally. Same intro, same menus. Only difference is within the first five minutes, the game will freeze completely and make an obnoxious buzzing sound.

I have no idea what's going on. Here's what I've tried doing.

1. Turning it off and on
2. Downloading and trying to use Hackless Wii ZIP (Full Set), Hackless Wii ZIP (Wifi Safe), Homebrew Option ZIP (Full Set)
3. I've updated everything in the original menu that I posted in the picture.
4. I'm using a 2GB SD card.
5. I renamed the SD card "PROJECTM"
6. I am not using a Pirated copy of Brawl.
7. The Wii that I am using is the older version where you can plug in the GC controllers.

If anyone has any insight, please help!

BILL?

Smash Apprentice
DO NOT rename the SD card to any form of project m.

first, copy everything of the hackless wii zip full set onto your computer. or download another copy.
then reformat the card in FAT(MSDOS) format. Do not rename the card, leave it untitled.
paste everything onto the card. Eject card, try it again.
When in the PM menu, do not touch anything except "a" to select it.

If this fails, do it again from the start. And again. I did this twice, and it works flawlessly now.

Von Kunlun Boof

Smash Rookie
So, all I did was switched the format of the card to FAT(MSDOS)

and it worked...

I'VE BEEN SPENDING THE PAST THREE HOURS FIGURING THIS OUT AND ALL I HAD TO DO WAS SWITCH THE STUPID FORMAT?!?!?!!?

Well it works now, and I REALLY AM THANKFUL for the help. Finally solved all of my frustration :)

I love you.

concon336

Smash Rookie
im having the same issue and i tried this method and it didn't work i did all those steps already but when i launch the game from the gecko os it goes to regular brawl

concon336

Smash Rookie
on the previous project m update i did not have this issue an im annoyed cause i cant play it anymore :(

BILL?

Smash Apprentice
Do you still have the old PM files? you might be able to just use the old launcher with the new folders. Probably best to wait for an answer from an actual PMBR person, as my knowledge of wii file loading structure is nonexistent.

Lerk_

Smash Rookie
I'm having a similar problem where when I load up Project M through Brawl, it will give me the Load menu, but when I select "Play" it just restarts Brawl and crashes a few minutes later. I've tried downloading the folders multiple times, but to no avail. I have a 512 Mb SD card from my old DS, it is not renamed, it has been formatted to FAT(MSDOS) and there has been nothing but the files for Project M on it that I've been replacing.

Top Bottom