• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

F-air combos?

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
So, I was labbing Bowser in 1.1.3 and came across a pretty interesting thing by accident. Apparently, you can combo F-air into Whirling Fortress at lower %s.

Now I dunno the limitations on this, and it does seem very strict to time, but I managed to confirm a 9-hit true combo on Bowser with Whirling Fortress, when Fortress only hits 8 times naturally.

Through further testing, I found you can combo F-air > Fortress reliably on ZSS at 20%.

On top of Fortress, you can also jab into it from similar %s as Fortress up until about 30% (tested on ZSS again), which with the new grab strength, gives you a few pretty nasty follow-up options.

Just looking to see if this was known before or if it's new, etc. if anyone had any more info on it and the like.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I think @KingKong_ad made a video about this recently. Fair can lead to a bunch of moves at low percents, even fsmash.

Top Bottom