• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

LSDX

Wah!
Yes, its possible. Why don't you do it yourself McSnapple? (just curious) Oh, and I love your sig.
1. I don't know how to hack character data at all. The only hacking I do is textures and custom CSP/CSS's.

2. ikr?

[edit]: I think the thumb can be deleted using this Polygon Deleter~
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=260425

Or it can be shrinked as said before (?), I wouldn't know.

Pichu_815

Smash Apprentice
Small Snover update, so you know I haven't disappeared:

I've managed to start adding hitboxes to some of his moves, though I've been having a bit of trouble getting them to hit. I'm guessing the X, Y, and Z offsets may be responsible in some cases, while I managed to figure out that lack of knockback/animation flags was causing some of them to not work. Currently Ice Punch is insanely powerful (killed Snake on FD at 64%... that'll change), while Icicle Spear (UpSmash) is really weak (also going to change).

EDIT: I seem to have mostly fixed the problem, though his Utilt and Dsmash (Wood Hammer) seem to only hit in the direction Snover is facing and the direction his back is toward, respectively, while I want them to hit both in front and back. Kind of odd.

I've had little success getting his specials to do what I want. I'm trying to rearrange Pikachu's subactions since he has so many for specials. I want to get rid of the ones I don't need (for example, SpecialSHold, since Snover's Ice Shard won't need that), and use extra subactions where I need them in his specials... but to no avail. *sigh*

Also, how would one go about making a model bigger? Snover is currently smaller than every other character.

Once I finish the hitboxes for Snover's A moves, I'll go see if Fool's Gil will make a video so y'all can actually see the progress. Specials are going to have to wait a while though...

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
I've heard it somewhere, but people say Little Mac can't be made into a PSA; is this true? Also, I want to reiterate the question I asked a few posts back since I doubt anyone read it: Would it be possible for anyone to make a Glover PSA out of Master Hand? Full moveset, resized, etc...

He's a pretty obscure game character from the N64, so here's a pic to jog some suppressed memories~

:bowser: "Gwahaha! Post #666! Now I am complete!"
actually, I have made glover, with a wait, duck, and get up from duck animations. i made a texture for him, and he is sized down. if i could find the file, maybe i'll send it, but i find it ironic with how unpopulaur he is. loved the game tho XD i think i got rid of the middle finger tho
although, if someone made sly cooper, id have to main him no matter how unballanced or crappy he may be

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
actually, I have made glover, with a wait, duck, and get up from duck animations. i made a texture for him, and he is sized down. if i could find the file, maybe i'll send it, but i find it ironic with how unpopulaur he is. loved the game tho XD i think i got rid of the middle finger tho
I myself am a huge fan of glover and still play that game i would love to see what he looks like

EDIT: I finally downloaded brawl for my computer and is currently trying to find out if i can play it (if possible) may someone tell me how to add characters(textures) pretty much how to hack it

Razanak7

Smash Ace
I seem to have mostly fixed the problem, though his Utilt and Dsmash (Wood Hammer) seem to only hit in the direction Snover is facing and the direction his back is toward, respectively, while I want them to hit both in front and back. Kind of odd.
... I don't see the difference.

I've had little success getting his specials to do what I want. I'm trying to rearrange Pikachu's subactions since he has so many for specials. I want to get rid of the ones I don't need (for example, SpecialSHold, since Snover's Ice Shard won't need that), and use extra subactions where I need them in his specials... but to no avail. *sigh*
To get rid of SpecialSHold, you could just use the Animation Speed event to make it go by instantly. This would also allow for two different power levels for it; one without holding B and another with holding B.

Also, how would one go about making a model bigger? Snover is currently smaller than every other character.
Attribute 0x0B4 in PSA, right below Weight, controls size.

LSDX

Wah!
although, if someone made sly cooper, id have to main him no matter how unballanced or crappy he may be
First Roy and now this?!

Fortwaffles...

You.
Are.
A.
God.
Period.
<3.

Does he have any moves yet? If not, are you going to finish him? Post pics please!! Or you can send it to me, and I'll need to know who it's over and how to access him.

(btw, did you check out my Isaac CSS/CSP?)

LSDX

Wah!
If you need suggestions for Glover's specials, One should summon a random ball. (Soccer, Poke, Smoke, Smash)
He should be able to summon a soccer ball (which I will texture hack into his famous yellow and red one) and be able to be used when ever summon. I say it should be given the same properties as the Smashville balloon when other plays hit it, so that only Glover can use it.

I like your idea LordShadow, the Master Hand pointing animation should be used if such a special is made. Most of the specials could come from the several potions he absorbs.

Pichu_815

Smash Apprentice
To get rid of SpecialSHold, you could just use the Animation Speed event to make it go by instantly. This would also allow for two different power levels for it; one without holding B and another with holding B.
Thanks, I'll try that out.

Attribute 0x0B4 in PSA, right below Weight, controls size.
See, that's the weird thing. I read that in a different thread, and tried it (as well as editing a number of other attributes), but nothing seems to have changed, even though everything else in the file seems to be working properly. Am I missing something that activates attribute changes? I actually downloaded Bowser's .pac file as a reference point, because I figured Snover would have to be somewhere between Bowser and Pikachu... Right now, the value Snover has for Attribute 0x0B4 is 1.14 - which is bigger than Bowser's (1). Yet Snover is clearly much smaller in-game.

I feel like I thought of something else I wanted to ask a while ago too... But I seem to have forgotten...

Eldiran

Smash Lord
See, that's the weird thing. I read that in a different thread, and tried it (as well as editing a number of other attributes), but nothing seems to have changed, even though everything else in the file seems to be working properly. Am I missing something that activates attribute changes? I actually downloaded Bowser's .pac file as a reference point, because I figured Snover would have to be somewhere between Bowser and Pikachu... Right now, the value Snover has for Attribute 0x0B4 is 1.14 - which is bigger than Bowser's (1). Yet Snover is clearly much smaller in-game.

I feel like I thought of something else I wanted to ask a while ago too... But I seem to have forgotten...
It's a multiplier -- If Snover starts out half Bowser's size originally, then you'd need to set the Size attribute to 2 for them to be equal size. 4 would make Snover twice Bowser's size.

Pichu_815

Smash Apprentice
It's a multiplier -- If Snover starts out half Bowser's size originally, then you'd need to set the Size attribute to 2 for them to be equal size. 4 would make Snover twice Bowser's size.
So, Pikachu's original attribute was .79; I doubled that to 1.58. Now Snover's actually a bit too big. But thank you!

felixsrg

Smash Cadet
Here's the specials code!

As far as I know, the problems are with my own specials, not this code, so it should work out fine.

This is the specials code:

kudos to my sloppy arrow-drawing abilities.

@ brawlshifter: Plz put this in the OP.
Hey, one question, I did everything but there is something with this image that has become a pain to me, how did you do the command: "if: 34".

Thanks in advance, I searched everything but couldn't find how to do this.

felixsrg

Smash Cadet
ok, thanks, its only that when I do that I get: "if 34" without the ":" so I guessed that there was a error.

I have a little time working with PSA, but there is still so many things that left me to learn.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
Smash bros attempt was failed it wasn't even in the zip! im going to try a little later and download another if i can

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
I can figure out the other stuff in the Specials Code, but how do I set-up the "000B0400: 6-7, 5-3FB, 0-0, 5-C5D" thing?

felixsrg

Smash Cadet
I can figure out the other stuff in the Specials Code, but how do I set-up the "000B0400: 6-7, 5-3FB, 0-0, 5-C5D" thing?
the 000B400 is a "Else if", and the numbers go like this: 6=Requeriment-7=number, 5=Variable-3FB is a Hexadecimal, 1019 in decimal; and the others the same.

LSDX

Wah!
Working on a method for clone characters; update sometime tomorrow, depending on whether or not it works.
When you say cloning characters, do you mean (for example) I can have three Toon Links? 1 Toon Link default, 1 Geno PSA over Toon Link, and a Cosmic Geno Toon Link? All with their own individual buttons and individual textures?

If so, I'll love you more that FortWaffles (that is until he shows me his Glover PSA).

[[BREAKING NEWS]]

http://elitesmashhackers.wordpress.com/2010/01/12/11463/#comment-21849

BigSharkZ has left the community...

So will the Shadow PSA EVER be finished...?

ICEing

Smash Cadet
Woah this looks really cool :0 I never knew this existed for brawl :0!! Nice is this a working project like for Meta Ridley, is it free of bugs and glitches or should I patiently wait until its improved on? Someone told me it's possible to use custom characters that work...100% (not textures or effects) is this true or no? Or is this thread here the only way to use full custom characters on brawl?

LSDX

Wah!
Woah this looks really cool :0 I never knew this existed for brawl :0!! Nice is this a working project like for Meta Ridley, is it free of bugs and glitches or should I patiently wait until its improved on? Someone told me it's possible to use custom characters that work...100% (not textures or effects) is this true or no? Or is this thread here the only way to use full custom characters on brawl?
Yes, you may use fully playable custom characters; they're better known as PSA's. Some characters have texture hacks, but totally reworked movesets, while some are movesets over characters with ninor fixes on the model (like removing the sword and shield for Fighter Geno Toon Link).

It's a magical place, and you're in the moment.

ICEing

Smash Cadet
Yes, you may use fully playable custom characters; they're better known as PSA's. Some characters have texture hacks, but totally reworked movesets, while some are movesets over characters with ninor fixes on the model (like removing the sword and shield for Fighter Geno Toon Link).

It's a magical place, and you're in the moment.
Wow I had no idea :0 I only knew of textures and VERY few movesets from Elite Smash Hackers. And they only have 2 movesets there really. But from what I gather here these are models taken from trophies or Assist Trophies and made playable in-game with custom movesets and everything :0 Wow great job I thought this was impossible. Is there ANY of them fully working or are all of them still in development?

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
none is really complete
but waluigi is playable already
but right now without any specials

Razanak7

Smash Ace
When you say cloning characters, do you mean (for example) I can have three Toon Links? 1 Toon Link default, 1 Geno PSA over Toon Link, and a Cosmic Geno Toon Link? All with their own individual buttons and individual textures?

If so, I'll love you more that FortWaffles (that is until he shows me his Glover PSA).

[[BREAKING NEWS]]

http://elitesmashhackers.wordpress.com/2010/01/12/11463/#comment-21849

BigSharkZ has left the community...

So will the Shadow PSA EVER be finished...?
That's what I mean. I'm going to test it this afternoon, and I have reason to believe it will work.

Also, Shark's coming back.

Woah this looks really cool :0 I never knew this existed for brawl :0!! Nice is this a working project like for Meta Ridley, is it free of bugs and glitches or should I patiently wait until its improved on?
Meta can be used, he just can't fight yet, as he has no working attacks.

I only knew of textures and VERY few movesets from Elite Smash Hackers. And they only have 2 movesets there really.
That's a good trick, since I've posted 4 on there. :laugh: Not to mention the 3 or 4 from other users.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Just tried the clone thing. It didn't work. Here's what I tried to do...

I noticed that, when trying Rayquaza, the game only loads things for a character when they are selected. So, I selected Ray, changed the texture on my SD, and had player 2 load Ray. They each had different textures, despite Alloys having only 1.

I had figured that the same could apply for movesets and animations; however, what I didn't notice is that they are only loaded once, so this method only allows you to swap textures, which in itself is pretty useless.

I thought I had a way around that, but it didn't work either.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Update on Ridley:
1. He can walk & run just fine. But for whatever reason, he slows down at the end of the animation loops.
2. He can jump just fine, right now he has Green Alloy's default 6 jumps, but I'll probably decrease later on.
3. He can be grabbed, thrown and footstooled without freezing
4. He can grab others without freezing.

I'll post a video or something after I finish all of his basic movement animations.

LSDX

Wah!
Update on Ridley:
1. He can walk & run just fine. But for whatever reason, he slows down at the end of the animation loops.
2. He can jump just fine, right now he has Green Alloy's default 6 jumps, but I'll probably decrease later on.
3. He can be grabbed, thrown and footstooled without freezing
4. He can grab others without freezing.

I'll post a video or something after I finish all of his basic movement animations.
I say make a proper resize before anything. The gamma had him way too large. Also, I vouch for four jumps: the initial, and three wing flaps.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
He's already been sized down to slightly bigger than Bowser because of his wings. The snapshots I posted before were using the Alloy's size attribute.

diosensakiara

Smash Apprentice
Hey Angel Glory you think could add some B moves to Ridley to make him OFFICIAL?That would be so Awesome!!!!! Please try it! They have a code now now that gives alloys B-moves! XD

diosensakiara

Smash Apprentice
Also do you guys think they announce a new smash bros at e3 2010? I mean Melee came out 2001 and smash bros came out 1999,maybe it could happen! XD

THEY BETTER ADD GENO, MEGAMANX AND ZERO THIS TIME!!!! :(

ICEing

Smash Cadet
That's what I mean. I'm going to test it this afternoon, and I have reason to believe it will work.

Meta can be used, he just can't fight yet, as he has no working attacks.

That's a good trick, since I've posted 4 on there. :laugh: Not to mention the 3 or 4 from other users.
So the CURRENT Waluigi is the download in the OP?

And actually with the movesets on ESH only 2 can be downloaded. Assasin Marth and Dark Super Sonic I think.

Also when you download lets say Waluigi, where do the files go? I already kno how to make the CSS work with the alloys. What must you do with the file after download?

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Just tried the clone thing. It didn't work. Here's what I tried to do...

I noticed that, when trying Rayquaza, the game only loads things for a character when they are selected. So, I selected Ray, changed the texture on my SD, and had player 2 load Ray. They each had different textures, despite Alloys having only 1.

I had figured that the same could apply for movesets and animations; however, what I didn't notice is that they are only loaded once, so this method only allows you to swap textures, which in itself is pretty useless.

I thought I had a way around that, but it didn't work either.

I was thinking of something similar to what you are talking about. I'm planning on trying to see if I can make one character into another character. For example, make Snake into Sheik by just model swapping and changing a lot of animations and attacks. I thought of this because I considered that many people are going to start replacing characters with new ones and there isn't a way to make new character slots so I thought that there should be a way to put the character back in to replace someone else so that we don't lose any characters. Because if someone were to make a complete Shadow from Sonic then people would want to be able to fight Sonic against Shadow. But that would not be possible since Sonic would be Shadow. So I'm thinking that I should try making another character into Sonic so that Sonic can still be played along with Shadow. I don't know if this will work though because I haven't really done any tests for this kind of thing. Has anyone else thought of doing this?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Geno is pretty legit man, and Meta-Ridley has a gamma too.
Geno is just a PSA and a texture. It is good, though.

So the CURRENT Waluigi is the download in the OP?

And actually with the movesets on ESH only 2 can be downloaded. Assasin Marth and Dark Super Sonic I think.

Also when you download lets say Waluigi, where do the files go? I already kno how to make the CSS work with the alloys. What must you do with the file after download?
Put the files in pf>Fighter>ZakoBoy.

Where did you hear that?

@Shock44: That can easily work, and its a good idea.

Top Bottom