• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Extreme Lag Before Fast Falling in Brawl?

LevesqueIsKing

Smash Cadet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM_AFAy6y8g You guys dont have Media tags?

Alright, I just came across a video that has intrigued me. Don't even worry about the rest of the video, its just some stupid Sonic in Brawl thing, so just skip to 5:47. This clip was part of an official trailer, but I didn't feel like finding it, lol. Anyway, pause the vid at 5:47 and pick out ZSS. Watch what Zamus does in this clip between 5:49-5:50. She pauses in mid-air for a brief moment, and then drops fairly quickly. It could possibly be a move, but she doesn't really do anything but drop.

It wouldn't be the first time something was shown without an introduction, MetaKnight was shown gliding in one of the trailers MONTHS before gliding was announced.

If this truly is Fast Falling, it will completely change the game. This will completely change the game's physics, and will scrap SHFFLing, one of Melee's most important techniques.

Comments?

LevesqueIsKing

Smash Cadet
^If anything it would be a stomp.

However, I've been watching this clip for the last half hour and I can't seem to make a move out of it. It looks like all she is doing is falling, and nothing else.

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Lol its an attack, if it wasnt that move would kill you just because you accidently press down. Its probably a weak attack since samus without her suit seems to be faster but weaker. Lol its without a doubt some sort of B-Down attack

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
She sticks out one foot if I remember correctly and she falls at an angle. It has to be an attack. Looks a lot like CF's Falcon Kick.

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
I believe it is a move cause of the whole foot in front and falling at an angle.
I haven't seen anyone else do it so I think it's a move.

LevesqueIsKing

Smash Cadet
^No, it would only be possible for it to be a down B. Standard (A) attacks are more simple than special (B) attacks, and would not have such a dramatic change in speed.

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
Since Mario's Mario Tornado could possible be Dair and Mario Tornado has special properties couldn't that move be Zamus's Dair with special properties?

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
^No, it would only be possible for it to be a down B. Standard (A) attacks are more simple than special (B) attacks, and would not have such a dramatic change in speed.
Really? It's physically impossible to change how an A move will work? How did they add Final Smashes into the game, then? My mind is blown!

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
It looks like a much faster, fireless version of the Falcon Kick... I'd say it HAS to be a special move since the lag and insane speed would be too much for a regular fast fall or A move.

SageMiomo

Smash Rookie
Actually, it looks like a fast fall. If you notice, she may fall with one leg outward, but she lands crouching. I dont think anyone would ever do that when attacking.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
the only thing that bothers me is that it's a normal downwards kick, which fits in an A move catagory, but with the different physics, you'd expect it to be a B move. However, What kind of B move is that, unless it has some cool grab-type effect when it lands.

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
I watched a higher quality version.It was the Nintendo world trailer it looked like it was a downward kicking attack.Possibly down+b like many others have said.Or an air dodging type move.

Rang Flash

Smash Journeyman
What would be the point of fast falling if there's lag before it. Now all the ff attacks will be just as predicatible if not more predictable than a normal attack.

M.K

Level 55
Well...I think it's her DAir...isn't it obvious?

Her Down B...it can't be, it's a simple kick (yet, Jigglypuff's SideB is a simple thrust punch)

Master Peach

Smash Ace
It's just one of her moves nothing more. Why would she lag in the air for no reason. Have you seen the falcon kick? It looks similar, hers is just without fire.

Top Bottom