• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Extreme Knockback on Aether

MetalMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GabrieloMiguel
I am not home as of now but I did save the replay so I will post it as soon as I can.

While using Ike in For Glory, I took my opponent's first stock. just seconds later after he respawned, I was below the edge(Omega Town and City I believe) and pulled off Aether as usual so I could ledge grab while hitting my opponent. Apparently I was in the right position as after hitting my opponent with the first few hits, he got KO'd vertically at less than 30%(I believe star KO). Hopefully you'll be able to test this and replicate what I found.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Reposting for relevance:

Although I've never heard of it happening from below stage level. What character was he using? Were you at a high percent?

Last edited:

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
That one is more bad DI and really terrible positioning on Rosalina's part.

Aether does that kind of knockback in general to make the attack link, so if they are too far up they pretty much die, though at that height you'd have to DI up and away for it to kill.

Now this under the stage shenanigans, entirely different.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I am fully aware that it's a different case. Still waiting for OP to address the questions I have asked since they are important.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CJhuDfx1c8k

Sorry for the delay, my memory was fuzzier than I thought. i had just jumped from the ledge, vut he was at 12% and ground level so there ya go. Also excuse my bad ike playing, I dont use him and played awkward.

I thought so. If they're holding a smash attack, they receive extra knockback.

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
Yeah that also happend to me against a Yoshiplayer, while he was charging a smash.

MetalMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GabrieloMiguel
Has this effect been buffed? i had never had this happen in brawl or pm at such a low percentage.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I thought so. If they're holding a smash attack, they receive extra knockback.
Wait, I never know that! Is this for all the characters generally or is it something for Ike?

Shadow Blitz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sectmk
From my experience, the rage effect + high base knockback causes some weird/dumb **** to happen in this game. On topic, I ohko'd a jiggs with an aether on stage, at a high percent.

Spam aether with rage guys. :088:

free33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Intelctmeatbal
I am not home as of now but I did save the replay so I will post it as soon as I can.

While using Ike in For Glory, I took my opponent's first stock. just seconds later after he respawned, I was below the edge(Omega Town and City I believe) and pulled off Aether as usual so I could ledge grab while hitting my opponent. Apparently I was in the right position as after hitting my opponent with the first few hits, he got KO'd vertically at less than 30%(I believe star KO). Hopefully you'll be able to test this and replicate what I found.
Hey dude, my bro did the same thing against me. He was Ike and I was jiggly on an omega stage. He was below the stage and went for an Aether recovery. Apparently aether has great base knock back in order to hit the rest of the move cuz he killed me at like 30 percent. If an Ike does not connect the top part of aether (like when he grabs the ledge) it is an epic Ko move.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
From my experience, the rage effect + high base knockback causes some weird/dumb **** to happen in this game.
Yep, got KO'd by this at 51% while charging Thunder on Robin.

Also got KO'd horizontally at 30% by Zelda teleport on Robin. >_>

It's worth learning knockback values on these things. Maybe not perfectly, but enough to give you a better idea what to do sometimes.

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
it is indeed just rage plus other knockback multipliers, here a gif of zelda doing something similar

Top Bottom