• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Extra jump after double jump

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
I think I may have found something interesting but need some people who have the game to confirm it

Look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VKMaEqMqrw&feature=related

Between 1:25 and 1:30 peach gets hit by bowser's back air, double jumps into a float, then does a down air followed by an up air, but when she does the up air she gets a huge boost upwards, almost like a 3rd aerial jump. If its possible to do this consistently then peach has another aerial jump, which she sort of needs given her new double jump doesnt get much height at all.

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
That's interesting, but i don't really think it's anything. Though it's possible?

CKRikou

Smash Rookie
Whoa, we need verification on that asap. That looks amazingly useful if she actually has it.

krizzlybear

Smash Rookie
I think I may have found something interesting but need some people who have the game to confirm it

Look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VKMaEqMqrw&feature=related

Between 1:25 and 1:30 peach gets hit by bowser's back air, double jumps into a float, then does a down air followed by an up air, but when she does the up air she gets a huge boost upwards, almost like a 3rd aerial jump. If its possible to do this consistently then peach has another aerial jump, which she sort of needs given her new double jump doesnt get much height at all.
It also happens between at around 2:00. She drops through the platform, and her Uair makes her rise back above the platform. Unfortunately she gets smacked for a KO by bowser's upwards attacks (smash or tilt, I don't remember)

DrunkenSphere

Smash Cadet
I see your point that is pretty much another jump, but since it's an attack, peach should be able to stay airborne.......forever......hmm......

I guess we'll just have too wait and see.

or will we, since the demo is comming out tommarrow YES!!!!

but that is just a rumor

Niko_K

Smash Master
Uh....Guys this is a new physics engine...that move has a ton of upwards momentum. Im sure you can figure out the rest.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Obvious troll post.

All it looked like to me is Peach letting go of her second jump and using her Uair and then falling after the animation

Peaches uair makes her body turn sideways and kick up thus making it seem as a second jump.

krizzlybear

Smash Rookie
Just remember that the usefulness of successive Uairs as an extra jump depends on how long the animation lasts. She may go up after the use of the attack, but how far will she start falling until you can use an Uair again?

Also consider hitboxes and priority when determining whether or not this "technique" is punishable.

I don't know the exact game physics of it, so it is left for those who have brawl to determine the overall usefulness.

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
i played peach (in Brawl) and i used the Uair and it doesnt send u that high or at least with me...cuz the startup of the aerial kinda makes u go up but right after the actual kick it kinda pulls her down back the same distance

thats how it felt with me when i used Peach

EDIT: maybe some1 can correct me if im wrong...but thats how it felt

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
I would say thats a footstool jump, it sure looks like one.
A footstool jump spikes your opponent though. Bowser wasn't spiked.

Here's another vid that shows this happening:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2335709 (sorry about it being nicovideo)

at about 7:34 Peach is hit upwards by Meta's dashing A, uses her 2nd jump, and then seemingly jumps again while dodging. Also note that the match is played buy two computer opponents.

Any thoughts?

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
I'm not sure what happened here, but at 1:10 Peach gets some crazy air:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QdYV7zGYbs

that's 3 vids so far that show this, there has to be something to it.

EDIT: at 0:55 in this vid she kind of "pops" up as well. That looks too high to be her double jump.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
You can attribute that to Mr. Game and Watch's peculiar up-air. Even if its hitboxes don't connect, it will propulse anybody above him - this works ridiculous well for those directly above him.

O_________o.

Lol, well that explains it!

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
It would be case clsoed if it weren't for the first video though since she was vsing bowser. Hope we find out soon..

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
The upair lags too much to use it to gain upwards momentum. You cannot move faster enough after it to spam Upairs for height gain.

The way she's forced either upwards or to the side when doing Upair and Bair now is also inconvenient for when you do not wish for it to happen. The only way to negate this is to float.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
OK so it no good for height gain,

what about using it in a similar way as an upward air dodge in melee, being able to get onto platforms above you from a float with an up air is cool, or using it to get you out of the way of an attack/projectile.

Finally something that might be positive about the new peach,
too bad d-smash got nerfed cause float>uair-to platform>d-smash woulda been pimp, might still work except the d-smash is now laughable to opponents.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
what about using it in a similar way as an upward air dodge in melee, being able to get onto platforms above you from a float with an up air is cool, or using it to get you out of the way of an attack/projectile.
It lags. It's slow. Her lower body will stretch downward a bit, so unless the projectile or attack would only graze you anyway, it won't dodge them. Also, airdodges last for shorter periods of time (the attack has to run its course and then lag and then you can move).

Finally something that might be positive about the new peach,
too bad d-smash got nerfed cause float>uair-to platform>d-smash woulda been pimp, might still work except the d-smash is now laughable to opponents.
Every single one of her aerials lag too much for shield pressure (instant Shieldgrab) and most of them lag too much for comboing because of less shieldstun. If you're facing Marth, he'll just Fair your tuchas.

Top Bottom