• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

Geist

Smash Master
I don't think it's fair to say just straight up don't CC.
If peach is floating around and spacing fairs, it's fine to CC at low percents, you might even get a dtilt or a dsmash out before she can float cancel into dsmash. If you can't, you should still have the ability to stop CCing right after anyways. It should be obvious when you shouldn't use it.
iirc there's even a trick that involves CCing Dsmash, and SDIing + teching immediately after to get behind peach and punish while she's still in lag. Or something like that.

So... it is a Probopass?
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/y-u-no-guy

Violence

Smash Lord
I think one of the best ways to pressure Peach is to just charge your shot after hitting her away. Since you usually can't combo her anyways, having something that makes her think twice about throwing that turnip makes her approach that much harder.

Personally, I find this matchup pretty easy, because I think that Samus can just outspace Peach, and doesn't have to approach.

Pi

Smash Hero
if peach perfectly FC's a fair there is enough shield hit stun for her to get a grab so i doubt you'd be able to CC through a decently timed fair and dsdmash her before she dsmash you

there is always room for error though, but the risk/reward i don't think is worth it to be CCing when she's aerial

and her dash attack is a *****

CCing isn't really a factor, or shouldn't be, in this matchup at least

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
The main thing in that match is stay the **** away from Peach. Don't test her priority unless it equates to a kill, otherwise you will lose. UP+B any throw or Down Smash attempts, shielding or jumping will only get you screwed.

Don't stand around idly (esp. if she's tossing Turnips) unless she is clearly out of range and make sure if you Down Smash it is when you're pressuring her, not as a defensive option, unless you like getting 50% or more off one mistake.

INTRICACIES:

-If Peach is holding a turnip and shields, pressure her with Jabs and Tilts to bait an action. Since she can't grab with a Turnip in tow, players usually clam up and do something stupid.

-If you shield a Dash Attack, it's a free grab. Never forget this!

-Descending Uairs are your friends. Peach will often try and descend and to attack so Uairing while landing can interrupt.

-Don't jump away from Dash Attacks if you read the approach, you won't get away, and you will never trade.

-Last but not least, gauge Peach's %s and intervals- that is to say, don't always approach after every hit because you could get Nair'd/Bair'd.

And also realize some defensive reactions can leave you in even worse positions, like Spot Dodging a float cancel, or air Dodging a Dash Attack. Peach will recover before you and answer with Down Smash.

*Really last but not least: If you're near the edge of a platform and you know that Peach is going to down Smash... ROLL! *gasp* I know it's shocking but it's actually your best option and the duration more or less equals the duration of Down Smash if timed properly.

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
vs falcon

shield a lot
stay grounded
edge guarding is very ****ing important
DI is very important
missiles can be good, but MUST be used properly

yea i can see it
The staying grounded part is what I probably need to work on, but Shielding sucks because it's easy to get grabbed and pressured, and edgeguarding sucks in this current metagame because it's so damn hard to kill them when they DI and go high. For those Florida players who know Sighrax probably know what I'm talking about with insane survival DI.

I need to find a way to kill Falcon from that high arc UP+B, Reverse Down Smash hits them at a high 70 degree angle which works in their favor, Forward Smash just launches them deeper into the stage unless they DI horribly, Forward/Back Throw just sets them up perfectly for a ledge grab.

Bah screw it, I'm just gonna use Sheik for this match. The great equalizer!:awesome:

Any approach can be met with a knee or descending Uair.

Geist

Smash Master
I was going to post a smart-*** comment about how everything has somehow changed since you last posted.
But nothing has changed.
Nothing will ever change
/emo

resTy

Smash Champion
Do you guys ever shield grab? If so, when and how effective is it for you?
I've been wondering this for a while but haven't asked.
I never shield grab but maybe I should? Discuss?

Geist

Smash Master
KK has wisely taught me never to shield grab against shiek.
Also spacies and Falcon are a no go. If they can punish grabs that are literally twice as fast as Samus's...
The problem I have with shieldgrabs is that it's just a standing grab. Because it's so slow, you can really only use it in unorthodox ways. Using it to punish aerials is usually a bad idea, since she has better OoS options anyways.

I dunno, I kinda hate Samus's grab a lot. I tend to use it only when I know I'm covered, eg using it to punish your opponent for blocking a missile, etc.
I'm biased though. There's probably a time for it, it's just about finding out exactly what those opportunities look like.

Pi

Smash Hero
so...been working on my revolutionary 'not approaching' tactic
seems to work quite well
i think i will call it
three-ing
revolutionary.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
lol samus grabs are amusing
seriously
they are funny ****
think about it!!
extender is an obviously extreme example!

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
lol samus grabs are amusing
seriously
they are funny ****
think about it!!
extender is an obviously extreme example!
I find the fact that even Mango will stand there for a second just to see the grab animation hit him is humorous.

Seriously, it took me a while to realize that everyone can get mesmerized by the grab and stay in shield if scared enough.

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
falcon vs. samus on FD
go go go
._.
What pisses me off is playing vs Falcon on Yoshi Story and getting the KO only to give him 2 seconds of pure invincibility to **** you afterwards. 2 seconds in Falcon's time is more like 2 years.

Top Bottom