• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Extended Down Smash

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I was playing my friend yesterday whos a new Olimar main and he did something that amazed both of us that we have no clue how to replicate. He downsmashed, yet the Pikmin on the left side went flying almost across the entire stage, attacking the entire time. For some details he was standing near the right side of Yoshi's Island (Brawl), sent a blue pikmin left and red pikmin right. I actually have a replay of it saved but not online yet. Is it just some stupid Brawl glitch or is it controllable?

zelazon

Smash Apprentice
please, if you find a way to do this regularly, let us know.

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
IF THIS can be replicated...I think it would be one of the most important discoveries on the Olimar forum, ever. :) :) :) :) Though it may fuel the constant debate about Olimar being broken.

Mitsuko

Smash Apprentice
I'll try and replicate it, once my wii is fixed. this could be one of the greatest olimar discoveries ever if it's not a random glitch

Dyyne

Smash Ace
ya, with the slopes, another thing that i havent tried to replicate yet is when i threw a white pickmin on delfino during a 3 way match, on one of the parts where there is a slope on the side, and it bounced off and went flying up, much farther than its normal throw distance, and attached to an enemy that was conveniently very high up :)

pockyD

Smash Legend
i don't see how you can make a post like this, claim to have a replay, and still not have posted it more than a day later

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
i propose pikmin can be affected when they hit parts of the stage that are oblong or weird...like what people say about yoshis island, im definitely gonna spend a while messing around on this notion.
lol @ the thought of olimar throwing a pikmin all the way across final destination

Samuman

Smash Apprentice
i don't see how you can make a post like this, claim to have a replay, and still not have posted it more than a day later
I believe him. (More absurd things have come out of the Fox forum.)

Most likely it had to do with the angles of the level.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i don't doubt that it happened (and i was the first in this thread to suggest slopes anyway), but i meant it's cruel to claim such a great discovery, claim to have proof, and not share it

Sage2050

Smash Cadet
i just realized i know this guy in person. i'll ask him about it today if i see him (how did i not realize this before?)

Sage2050

Smash Cadet
didn't see him today, but i'll shoot him a facebook message and get to the bottom of this.

Top Bottom