• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ex's Art - updated 5.19 / vector + digital paintings + rubik's cube design

Pichu Paizano

Smash Journeyman
So uh, Ex:

Whatever happened the banners making? You stopped them, right? Does that mean you're not going to do banners anymore, at least for the time being? What's up? And what's the scoop on the 1st two pages; they're exactly the same as the old thread, right? Did you make a new thread and just copy the 1st pages of the other one, or did you just delete all the pages except for these two, or what...:confused:

Ackron

Smash Rookie
Hey.. just need to say this art is amazin.. i dont know if you already are, but you should really think about having a job that allows you to use such talent.. again, very impressive, keep it up =)..

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Pichu Paizano said:
Some1 Respooond!!!!!! :mad:
Dude, don't post in month old topics unless you actually have something constructive to say, rather than "ZOMG, s0me 1 plz rEsp0nd k thx!!!1!!!!1!!"

And if you are asking about banners, don't you think it would be a good idea to ask in her banner making topic? If you actually cared enough to find this topic and bump it I would have thought that you would be able to find the banner making topic and see that it is in fact closed and that she is indeed no longer making banners.

Sorry Ex...

Pichu Paizano

Smash Journeyman
My apologiese. I didn't realize she wasn't making banners any longer. I never saw that anywhere. I didn't see where it said that. Sux man, she was so awesome. Anyone know why she left? Sorry again....

ExMachina

Smash Journeyman
Pichu: It was just too time-consuming, because I'd get so many requests but I'd still try to put a lot of effort into each one...

And yeah, sorry if my 'disappearing act' caught you guys off-guard. Kind of took a long break from SWF in general.

Anyhoo, omg I live! >.>

S'a request for someone over at DevArt and still very much in-progress. That purple blob on his right cheek amuses me thoroughly. I neeeeed morrrre contraaaast.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Awesomeness...I need to check out your new stuff at DA...

The purple light on the face is definately a problem...I don't think there would be so much light cast from the lightsabre onto the cheek...the shoulder/chest bit would be in the way...without any secondary light (ie. lightsabres), that area would be in shadow, judging by the shadow cast by the hair...so I would desaturate the blob and perhaps darken it a tad. I think you can also afford to exaggerate the lighting even more, and add more light from the lightsabres, especially in the torso/underarm area...I would also make the base shadows much more purpleish, since that seems to be the colour of the background...

I'm looking forwards to seeing the finished product...good to see you again...

Rwing_Wurm_Champ

Smash Journeyman
Hm, so...you've started another thread? ...Jedi art is it now, well I'm not quite sure how to put it but I am not impressed with the drawing. Though, it is rather better then my art work at the moment. Haven't the chance to pick up a pen, pencil and pad in like 9 months. Been doing so many construction work repeated injuries to my fingers (not good); Mangling, the hell outta my hands. I'm a nut case if anything were to happen to my left hand (shading), and my right (sickest curves drawing women thighs, breast - ever!!). Your coloring skillz do own me since I am not the least bit knowledgable on how to operate my "semi legally owned" PhotoshopCS2 software. Well, hell cudos on it ...bloody well deserve all the praise you get. Anyone whose willing to bust their *** for 3 hours; has my respect. ...Hell I'd give my left hand to have that amount of time to waste on a single piece of drawing *sigh*

What kind of "expensive" piece of hardware do you have that makes your artwork so "impressive" as you claim?

mkmelee

Smash Lord
Wow! That is some amazing art! I'm 14 years old and a pretty good artist but I know laot of people don't realize just how ahrd it is to do stuff like that. First of all it's all original art, then theres really good poses with quite accurate proportions, and drrawing them off of the top of your head is frickin hard. Awesome lighting and shading, vibrant colours, and very nice character style. Hopefully you'll post more soon. I'm just learning to draw my own poses and stuffs. Just started a few months though, but I'm getting better. Drawings straight off of a picture are really easy like mine but this ind of stuff is awesome!

ExMachina

Smash Journeyman
Woohoo, thread necro! This makes... my third time reviving this thing, lol? I always post an update then disappear again. O.x If some of these are reposts, I apologize... I can't remember what I've already shown here, it's been so long...

MS Paint fun...

Speed paints!

(used reference loosely)

For some monster design contest thing...

Inspired by Miyamoto Musashi's Book of Five Rings:

A digital painting that will probably never be finished because I just temporarily wanted a new wallpaper, haha...

This is me trying to figure out how to work Illustrator... no references except for some of the item details, though I did do a quick sketch for the pose/cutesy proportions in PS before shooting it over to Illy. Yay vector art. >.>

I've done a lot of other stuff over the past semesters in traditional art/animation, but am too lazy to put them up for general viewing. xD

ExMachina

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, the best advice any artist can give you is to not learn a style first. Do life drawing and learn how to render realistically. From there, you can exaggerate/simplify and do just about any style of your choosing.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Holy crap you're back! You've improved heaps, this stuff is awesome. Stick around for a bit, we might be having a contest soon, and maybe some art jams...

Leoneri

Smash Ace
Ex is back! :D
Those are some really awesome drawings. I was wondering how you learned to draw and also, what do you use for your coloring in of pics?

I might have missed this but are these handdrawn or what..

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh Ex you make me jealous D:

So pretties :3 Your speed paints are gorgeous!

Do stick around, keep your thread alive! xD

ExMachina

Smash Journeyman
FDV: Contest and art jam you say? Definitely interested in participating, so I'll be sure not to disappear again, haha.

Leoneri: I learned to draw through practice. I guess I seriously began to improve my drawing skills when I started copying other drawings and drawing from realistic reference or life, just in my spare time. I've taken like, 2 drawing classes in my life... and while those are useful for learning about media and how to use different marking tools, you learn the actual "drawing" bit (which is mostly about noticing/observing details and forms in order to be able to recreate them) mostly just by doing.

Most of the colored pieces I've posted were done in Photoshop using a graphics tablet, which is an input device that hooks up to your computer and lets you draw using a pen-like device.

http://wacom.com/

I just use the basic, hard-edged circular brush set to 60-80% opacity and go at it.

TM: I will try to update this thread more regularly... though I am easily distracted by shiney things. *wanders off*

Also, thought you guys might get a kick out of this... It's kind of sort of art right? More like the crafts part of arts and crafts... but whatever. xD

Since I took those pics, I've actually put on several layers of clear nail polish to protect the images and to make it shiney. =P

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Awww, how cute! xD I love the kirby face side, that's freaking adorable :3

I've been meaning to get some of my stuff up as well, since last year xD But I get distracted by shiny things als...ooooooh *waddles off*

ExMachina

Smash Journeyman
Some pics of the cube in action. =]

Scrambled up!

Solved for the cross...

First layer done.

Middle layer...

Finished!

And some quick doodles... I've been taking requests for black and white, usually just lineart drawings in PS at another forum to keep myself drawing.

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Zomg, please do Balthier D: <3 I'm in love with him : D And I love your style ^^ I need to draw more D:

THe cube is soo cool, I've never figured one out before xD

mkmelee

Smash Lord
Incredible drawings. Very good understanding of the human anatomy, and fun and lively renders of these characters. Rubik's cube is beautiful too.

ExMachina

Smash Journeyman
mkmelee: Thanks. =]

TM: I actually had a Balthier + Dr. Cid not too far down the queue... So, enjoy? xD

^MGS4 - Old Snake vs Liquid Ocelot

Yagami Light (Death Note)

Train Heartnet from Black Cat (I have no idea what this anime/manga is =P)

Balthier + Dr. Cid (FF12)

Top Bottom