• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Explaining to a friend that Lucas is not a clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finferno00

Smash Rookie
NNID
Finferno00
One of my friends is kind of an idiot and doesn't like that Lucas is coming back instead of snake. Obviously, every one of his statements says: "Lucas is just a clone" I've tried time and time again to explain to him his moveset but he's very stubborn and bias at times. He says he'd even rather have wolf in the game, saying that the weight differences is the diffence between fox and wolf.

What are some major differences to explain Ness and Lucas's relationship?

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
This should probably be asked in the social thread. While we don't have (or need) a dedicated thread for questions right now, this kind of question would do well over there. It'd probably get a bit of discussion going.

@Spirst?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Sounds like a guy that judges based on Specials.
Lucas' Smash Attacks are different to Ness' (sans the Branch/Baseball Bat), he has the Rope Snake for his grabs (and a tether recovery like Samus and Link) and has different attacks overall.

Snake has little chance of coming back due to issues with Kojima (the reason Snake's even in Brawl) and Konami.

Also welcome to Smashboards. Enjoy your stay.

Last edited:

XCounter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CrossCounter
3DS FC
2981-7233-0181
Don't even bother. I had the exact same discussion with someone yesterday to no avail. Some people just refuse to look past his special moves (which still have pretty big differences) and are quick to label him a clone, so just let them.

Is my internet 2slow, or is Reserved 2fast? Anyway like he said this is a question better asked in the social, rathe than in its own thread. I'll go ahead and C+P my comment on the subject tho

Indigo Jeans said:
Yeah, semi clone is probably the best term. What I mean is that Wolf and Fox were only clones in terms of their specials, and even then the similarities were mostly superficial. The same thing is going on with Ness and Lucas. They both have a PSI Magnet which absorbs energy, but Lucas's has a damaging hitbox at the end. They both have a PK Fire, which sends out a little thunderbolt and burns people, but Lucas's is more of a disrupter rather than a setup like Ness's. They both have PK Thunder, but Lucas isn't ****ed if somebody intentionally goes out and gets hit by PKT1. They both have an exploding, chargeable PK attack, but Lucas's is faster, weaker, and I mean just has a totally different hitbox.

Then we move into standard attacks, and aside from FSmash they're totally different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom