• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ewwwwww....

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Is it just me, or is there something very... Off about seeing Giga Bowser using regular Bowser's colour scheme? The first time I saw him in Smash 4 (two minutes ago to be precise), my reaction was the same as the thread title. It just looks wrong.

I mean, you have the threatening, scary face of Giga Bowser but with the cartoony bright yellow skin of Bowser.

Komenja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Komenja
I think this Giga Bowser looks better, honestly. The lighter coloration really brings out the thickness of the muscles on the arms/legs.

MrEh

Smash Hero
I like how Giga Bowser has Bowser's old Dash Attack, Bair, and Fmsash.

It's probably a lazy oversight on Sakurai's part, but it's funny.

James N.

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 5335 0867 6499
It was probably done to make his final Smash more Bowser's Inside Story related, which gives a canon reason for Bowser's size fluctuations throughout the years. Giga Bowser is cool, but he's more a smash character than a Mario character.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Maybe done to have this Giga Bowser colors match more with Melee's Giga Bowser colors?

MrEh

Smash Hero
Makes me wonder if they just ported over his programming and just gave him a somewhat newer model.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Makes me wonder if they just ported over his programming and just gave him a somewhat newer model.
I thought they did that with nearly everyone in Smash, though?

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/sakurai-says-bringing-characters-back-from-melee-is-hard#.VCLYcxZuWrZ
"One of the major steps in developing each new Smash game is migrating data from the past installment to the new one, so the developers can save time from having to recreate every character from the ground up."

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825

More like your turning into Giga Bowser rather than a Big Bowser With Giga Bowser's Model.

Shök

Smash Champion

More like your turning into Giga Bowser rather than a Big Bowser With Giga Bowser's Model.
Yeah, it makes sense that Giga Bowser retains his more unorthodox and reckless moves rather than the more "athletic" moves from the current regular Bowser. I remember someone here said something similar.

Last edited:

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
I was surprised that Giga Mac is going to share the exact same move set as Little Mac, as I thought he would have the Giga Bowser treatment and have loads of tweaks. Giga Bowser is still cool, just not as cool as he once was in my opinion. He should be a boss again.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I was surprised that Giga Mac is going to share the exact same move set as Little Mac, as I thought he would have the Giga Bowser treatment and have loads of tweaks. Giga Bowser is still cool, just not as cool as he once was in my opinion. He should be a boss again.
Giga Bowser Treatment is keeping his original moveset from the previous game, So you wanted Giga Mac to have Little Mac's moveset from Brawl?

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
On the topic of hunched over, I can't see Giga ever standing straight for any reason ever.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Lol, the title of this thread. :laugh:

Anyway I like Giga Bowser's look in this game, I think it looks even more awesome than Brawl, it kind of even reminds me of the Giga Bowser from Melee, I can't wait to see the Wii U version of it.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Lol, the title of this thread. :laugh:

Anyway I like Giga Bowser's look in this game, I think it looks even more awesome than Brawl, it kind of even reminds me of the Giga Bowser from Melee, I can't wait to see the Wii U version of it.
That image is the Wii U version, haha.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
I don't get why everyone thinks he looks like his Melee incarnation. His Brawl look was more like Melee Giga Bowser.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I don't get why everyone thinks he looks like his Melee incarnation. His Brawl look was more like Melee Giga Bowser.
I have only seen 1 sentence in my life that said he looks like his Melee incarnation and it's 1 post above you.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Umm.. weird statement.

Before Smash 4 there was only 2 versions of Giga Bowser. How can you feasibly say that Brawl Giga Bowser looks more like Melee Giga Bowser when there's only 2 versions of Giga Bowser?

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Well, Giga Bowser in Brawl does look more like Giga Bowser in Melee. How is that a weird statement? The version of Giga Bowser in Smash 4 doesn't look much like Melee Giga Bowser, even though everyone keeps saying so.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
The only Giga Bowser that feels off really is actually Brawl's. Melee and Smash 4 both have a similar skin tone to the Bowser of the same game. Brawl the two have different skin tons (Giga has grey-er, paler tone to Bowser's lighter tone).

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Is it just me, or is there something very... Off about seeing Giga Bowser as Bowser's final smash
Fixed.

Seriously, the only thing worse could be giving a character a Tabuu transformation for a final smash..

Last edited:

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
Fixed.

Seriously, the only thing worse could be giving a character a Tabuu transformation for a final smash..
Thank you. What miffs me is the fact that he doesn't have a canon Final Smash. There were so many options for him from his games. Yet they use Giga Bowser...:X lol

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Thank you. What miffs me is the fact that he doesn't have a canon Final Smash. There were so many options for him from his games. Yet they use Giga Bowser...:X lol
Yep. It was essentially Sakurai using a "fan fiction" FSmash because GB was just a boss created for melee that had nothing to do with Bowser himself or any of the games he appeared in.

I once joked that Bowser's FSmash should've been called "bad father" where the koopa kids spawn on stage and run amok while Bowser gives zero ****s about it. Funny how you'll be able to do that in the Wii U version...

Still, we should be glad Bowser got some moveset upgrades at all, given that a number of characters were (AFAIK) completely unchanged.

Last edited:

MrEh

Smash Hero
Bowser's final smash should just be him hopping into his Koopa Clown Car and throwing crap.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Have you noticed that originally in Melee, Bowser never actually transformed into Giga Bowser? It was always a black-shelled clone of him probably created by Master Hand or something. Maybe the regular Bowser remembers seeing his clone's transformation into Giga Bowser and decided to copy him on his final smash?

Top Bottom