• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo2K8 ruined any chance Items had to be in tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarTh-

Smash Apprentice
Evo2K8 Desecrated any chance Items had to be in tournaments. Evo allowed golden hammers, home run bats, Smash balls (LOL), & other ridiculously imbalanced items. They also allowed Skyworld, & some other terribly imbalanced stages, making the tournament look like it had a lot of luck to it. Is there any chance more balanced (like freezie, lip's stick, saturn, etc.) items can be in tournaments after the Evo disaster? There is a lot of technical skill in items & I'd hate to see them never in tourneys :\

MarTh-

Smash Apprentice
Okay, yes there is & debating that is for a different topic.

Ruse

Fox
EVO showed the Smash community exactly why items SHOULD be banned, even though everyone pretty much figured that out eons ago.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
I think pro smashers know not to play with items, I mean, it's been like that since SSB64... Since when did items have a chance to be in tournaments these days other than LOLEVO?
-Rei

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Items= Mentaly Rearted which = Only tards play with items in tourney

/thread
I don't advocate items at all...

But...

Should you really call something mentally ******** when you spell "mentally ********" as "mentaly rearted"? You then go on and actually spell "tard" correctly.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Could have been cool if something intelligent was actually posted...these responses were all pretty sad.

-lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom