• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO South Results!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vijin

Smash Ace
Master Chibi hit the nail on the head, really. I don't think much more needs to be said

EDIT:This is angrylobster btw, just forgot to sign out of my bros account :D

Negative Zero

Smash Apprentice
I want to have the babies of The King's posts. I've never met him IRL, but his posts alone are sexy enough to make me want to cry.

Anyway, this topic seems about done, as Vijin observed. If you still have a problem with wobbling, or with wobbles, just wait. See if Wobbles is in the top ten anytime soon. See if Ice Climbers start jumping up tiers. If the entire metagame is radically changed because of Wobbles and wobbling, if a few unknown wobble-happy IC players breeze through Ken and the rest of the top ten, then we can talk. Then this 'debate', this textual food fight may continue.

Until then, peace. Play the game and enjoy yourselves.

Climhazzardous

Smash Cadet
King has owned the thread along with all the other countless scrubby mindsets in this thread.

It is not impossible to get grabbed, just very hard not to, whatever. Say Wobble took out one of this Caveman dude's stock with the infinite, how did he then proceed to take out his opponents remaining stock if he sucks and was relying on one infinite?

You guys can cry as you want, fact is, he walked away with $700 and you guys walked away b******g.

Say they do ban this infinite, scrubs will still be scrubs; and most of the people immaturely complaining here...it isn't like your gonna start winning now are you? It doesn't change nothing, you people just can't take it.

It's as if you don't wanna think in a match; as if you don't wanna put any effort for victory; as if these winners are playing to please you, no they ain't, they sure like a crowd supporting them yeah, but if the crowd is full of scrubs, then the crowd is full of scrubs; and thus the people playing on the big screen wouldn't give a f***. If you got haters because your winning, that's an indication that you're doing well. Cause these same scrubs hating on you, ain't even getting a fraction of the attention you are.

Sm00th_Crim1nal

Smash Ace
I honestly think tactic should be banned because it isn't very if at all detrimental to IC players if it's banned. The don't get grabbed argument is like telling a ganon "don't get shined." When the opponent has zero chance to get out and the wobbler has almost 0% chance of messing up once it's started I think that's a bit broken. At least with chaingrabs there's a chance of messup.

Tink

Smash Hero
ROFL, killer fleet stormed the thread!

also, i thought tapion was dead o,0. you need to travel more!!!!!

killafox

Smash Lord
bronx, ny (im up for any competition, so if u wann
LOL tink.

and we've (Killer Kleet) also won every weekly we hold there with wes and alot of other great smashers (i think its cuz of Web2zone being our home and all lol) we also host our tri-monthlies tournaments in web2zone...y do u ask? u know the place?

btw, im lost, is wobbling banned or not??---sorry for my noobness lol

KeepSpeedN

Smash Ace
This has been discussed way too much over the past few months. Everything has already been said multiple times over, both in wobbling's defense and against it. Sadly a lot of people against this tactic have expressed their opinions very immaturely, and this is extremely disappointing. This whole community needs to man up and start treating our game like a real fighter. There are things in every good game that, when not looked at in an improper light, seem impossible to overcome. This shouldn't be one of them.

1.) "Don't get grabbed" is an excellent solution to this technique. You're just reading it the wrong way. You're taking it as a challenge, you're taking it too literally. It's not what the saying is suggesting you do, because quite frankly I've never seen a match where a player didn't get grabbed a couple times unless they really sucked. You should take the saying as a guideline. Read between the lines as to what it's insinuating. It's saying to play smart, to play cautious, to recognize the strengths of your opponent and do all in your power to circumvent them. Example: when I play Jigglypuff, my mindset is "don't get Upsmashed or Uaired". Guess what? It still happens, and I accept that. It's part of the game. But when you go into a match knowing what to look out for, and you know how to properly avoid it, you end up getting hit by it far, far less often.

2.) Don't ever compare tournament/skill rankings when you're discussing how well someone does against you in a friendly. Those are for fun, grudge matches or not. Leave them at that. Same thing goes for saying "he doesn't do as well without the infinite as he does when he uses it." Guess what, I can't remember the last time I lost to a Fox that agreed not to use Upsmash the entire match. When you take away options, you obviously decrease the potential of the character.

3.) The IC infinite isn't ruining the game, nor will it ever. You're exaggerating a minor hurdle, blowing it way out of proportion, then saying we had best stop the technique before it claims any more victims. Bull ****. It's one character, with one technique, that requires a lot of mistakes and negligence on the opposing side before the IC player can take advantage. You might be pissed that you feel the reward is far too great for having gotten grabbed once, but tough luck. It isn't the simplest grab in the world to get, and tons of characters have a plethora of options for keeping the IC's out of range of a grab. Not to mention you can just incapacitate or kill nana, and the problem is solved. Also don't forget, that's only 1 stock out of 4. Which occurs usually in 1 match out of 3.

4.) Morality doesn't come into play when it comes to a competitive match. End of story. Stop *****ing that your opponent is using gimpy, easy, skill-less, or efficient methods for disposing you. Nobody cares that you hate losing to certain technique. Learn to get around things in this game, you might actually improve in the process.

5.) Few people seem to be giving Rob the respect as a player he deserves. I can attest that he is, in fact, an excellent player with a deep knowledge of his character and its matchups. He won a tourney, beating Caveman in the finals. And from the accounts I've heard, it wasn't a narrow victory. I don't believe Wobbles lost even one single game that entire tourney. That speaks far more for his skill than it does one technique.

King Out
Wow......amen..;)

Drephen

Smash Master
This has been discussed way too much over the past few months. Everything has already been said multiple times over, both in wobbling's defense and against it. Sadly a lot of people against this tactic have expressed their opinions very immaturely, and this is extremely disappointing. This whole community needs to man up and start treating our game like a real fighter. There are things in every good game that, when not looked at in an improper light, seem impossible to overcome. This shouldn't be one of them.

1.) "Don't get grabbed" is an excellent solution to this technique. You're just reading it the wrong way. You're taking it as a challenge, you're taking it too literally. It's not what the saying is suggesting you do, because quite frankly I've never seen a match where a player didn't get grabbed a couple times unless they really sucked. You should take the saying as a guideline. Read between the lines as to what it's insinuating. It's saying to play smart, to play cautious, to recognize the strengths of your opponent and do all in your power to circumvent them. Example: when I play Jigglypuff, my mindset is "don't get Upsmashed or Uaired". Guess what? It still happens, and I accept that. It's part of the game. But when you go into a match knowing what to look out for, and you know how to properly avoid it, you end up getting hit by it far, far less often.

2.) Don't ever compare tournament/skill rankings when you're discussing how well someone does against you in a friendly. Those are for fun, grudge matches or not. Leave them at that. Same thing goes for saying "he doesn't do as well without the infinite as he does when he uses it." Guess what, I can't remember the last time I lost to a Fox that agreed not to use Upsmash the entire match. When you take away options, you obviously decrease the potential of the character.

3.) The IC infinite isn't ruining the game, nor will it ever. You're exaggerating a minor hurdle, blowing it way out of proportion, then saying we had best stop the technique before it claims any more victims. Bull ****. It's one character, with one technique, that requires a lot of mistakes and negligence on the opposing side before the IC player can take advantage. You might be pissed that you feel the reward is far too great for having gotten grabbed once, but tough luck. It isn't the simplest grab in the world to get, and tons of characters have a plethora of options for keeping the IC's out of range of a grab. Not to mention you can just incapacitate or kill nana, and the problem is solved. Also don't forget, that's only 1 stock out of 4. Which occurs usually in 1 match out of 3.

4.) Morality doesn't come into play when it comes to a competitive match. End of story. Stop *****ing that your opponent is using gimpy, easy, skill-less, or efficient methods for disposing you. Nobody cares that you hate losing to certain technique. Learn to get around things in this game, you might actually improve in the process.

5.) Few people seem to be giving Rob the respect as a player he deserves. I can attest that he is, in fact, an excellent player with a deep knowledge of his character and its matchups. He won a tourney, beating Caveman in the finals. And from the accounts I've heard, it wasn't a narrow victory. I don't believe Wobbles lost even one single game that entire tourney. That speaks far more for his skill than it does one technique.

King Out

i guess my main argument is against number 3

i really think that every other match will be one trying to grab and the other camping the entire match. Or it will be the same thing as "ok i lost with peach.....FOX ON ONETT" When onett was still legal it really did get counterpicked every match. Now every match is gonna be "ok i lost with falco........IC's on FD" And 1 stock is always a big deal for me.

also dont get grabbed just promotes camping. We banned fourside, onett, hyrule temple, peach wallbombing, jiggly pound rising, all to get rid of camping.
While there is still lots of camping going on now, i think with the infinite there will be much much more of it.
whats wrong with too much camping? Loses interest and therefore loses the smash community in a competeive way.

master chibi: you keep contradicting yourself all over the place. Saying "grow up" and then being a total douche yourself. You obviously are new the game. If you are gonna argue fine, but seriously dude, get the sand outta your vag.

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
First off, I wanna say that anybody calling Wobbles "ghey", "immoral", "stupid" etc. need to shut the **** up. You have no right to judge someone you've never met before. Wobbles is a very cool person and doesn't deserve this treatment because his views/tactics are different from your's. God forbid people to be different.

Second off, whoever has never experienced this tactic shouldn't even respond in this topic because you do not know just how incredibly overpowering this tactic is.

I will personally say that I'm against Wobbling because this is the only tactic/instant kill that is not "situational" meaning that it will work on ANY character, almost ANY given % (15-20% and above), ANY given stage, and the opponent has zero influence on the income. You cannot say this for any other tactic. Fox's u.throw u.air doesn't work on everybody, platforms can interrupt, and it only works at certain %'s. So even though this combo is so overpowering compared to other strats, it's no where near the effectiveness of Wobbling. Not even Marth's chain grab on space animals is close to being as bad. On any stage except FD, space animals can DI to a platform, it only works on the space animals, it doesn't work on any given %, and it doesn't even guarantee a kill.

The argument of "Don't get grabbed" doesn't work. You might as well say "Don't get hit and be perfect" which is basically impossible to apply. You can't possibly tell me that you've never been grabbed in a game and still play an effective style (aka not jumping around like an idiot).

Finally, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, if you believe that Wobbling should not be banned, where were you rebelling against the Freeze Glitch that the IC's can do? Wobbling is so much easier to perform because it's not based on chance (direction that Nana throws), and it basically ends up THE SAME. Both tactics involving grabbing and then dealing free damage. So what makes the Freeze Glitch bannable while Wobbling is not?

In conclusion, this topic is dumb.

Watty

Smash Lord
kings posts make me smile. Ive decided to accept wobbles. Wobbles if i ever hafta play u, im gonna ban Yoshi Story and counter pick on 1 big *** stage. From there i iwll juss run around and shoot the **** out of you. GL catching my ***.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Alright. That's the spirit Watty.

And I'm not even being sarcastic. Find a counter and exploit the crap out of it.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Don't hate on Wobbles just for a TECHNIQUE HE MADE. When I first heard of his technique, I was amazed. I had been looking for an IC infinite for a while. :laugh:

Furthermore, is it just me or, we are starting to look like GAMEFAQS. Yes, GAMEFAQS (sorry to say). Everyone saying "Wobbles is cheap." "Wobbles is gay." "That should be banned." should just keep their opinions to theirselves.

Know why? Because constantly complaining about a technique saying it is cheap is NO different than saying "Wavedashing is cheap." Who here would agree with that? Why not just say that ALL Advanced Techniques are cheap if we're gonna say that Wobbling is?
Would you guys wanna do that? Wanna ban wavedashing and l-cancelling and bring the game down a level? No? Ok.

You know what wobbling does, along with every advanced technique? It forces the players to step up. I can understand how certain techniques are banned. The IC freeze glitch, because it COMPLETELY stops gameplay.

Does wobbles? It does not. You get grabbed, you get the **** beat out of you, you die, and you come back with invincibility. Wobbles forces a player to DRASTICALLY improve his spacing (as to not get grabbed, because players who rely on wobbling are ****ing good at grabbing you), improve his 0%-Death combos, and improve his game ENTIRELY as to avoid this technique.

If you don't like wobbling and can't beat it, get better. You can beat wobbling, and wobbling can beat you. Its simple as that.

You know what? I'll sum this up:
WHAT WORKS WORKS

Now...

Just please let the man enjoy his first place fame at the first Evo Smash tournament!!! Thank you for reading.

Congratulations on first place, Wobbles.

mathos

Smash Champion
Drephen: Those camping tactics are banned for different reasons, similar but not those reasons. Camping does not necessarily lead to the infinite.

Watty: I'm glad you decided to use punctation.

Funny how people were saying once Wobbles wins a tourny then we'll ban the infinite.

Seems to me that more people have become more accepting over time and don't care that Wobbles did extremely well. Gratz on your win Wobbles.

Zgetto

Smash Ace
i couldnt said it any better =D
for the people who are comparing the wobbles to any other move: the only move thats about the same is the freezeglitch wich is bannef and wobling is even easier so simple math :/
you cant imposseble compare wobling with upsmash: up smash is a complete move wobling i just a part of a move.
you can say you havent lost yet to a fox who wouldnt use a up smash then i havent lossed yet against ics who isnt using grabs at all.
the closest move wich you can compare wobling after the freeze glitch would be probably fox shine infinites: wich unless if its against a wall(wich is very rare)i have never seen someone using it from 0 to death.
but with the wobbles every grab will be zero to death if someone can do this concistantly.
so therefor the two are not comparable.
my conclusion = wobbling is the same as the freeze glitch and stuff like infiniting or upsmashing is complete different.
i hope you get my point, wrighting on the wii sucks-_-

edit: i ment to quote chang-sta above me -_-

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
For wobbling to break the game that would mean the ICs would have to be propelled to the top of the God tier. They would have to be the best character in the game by a considerable margin to break the game.

That's just not the case. ICs are not God tier because of one tactic.

And even if IC suddenly were the best character in the game, so ****ing what? Your Fox isn't as invincible as it used to be. Stop crying about it.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
I think people are jumping to the wrong conclusions when people say dont get grabbed and that the tactic isnt game breaking, get over it, etc...

I think its pretty silly to think that saying "dont get grabbed" would promote camping, because that would imply thats the ONLY way to get around it, which isnt the case at all, and probably not the best idea in the first place. Gives your opponent too much time to think, so they can really land a grab.

I've already given a first hand account of how practicing against the infinite has lead to it being no more an obstacle than getting shine spiked. As a matter of fact, In the 3 or so years of playing this game, for most of it i've been familiar with shine spiking and for like 8 months i've been familiar with wobbling, and I find the shine spike much scarier (even when not playing peach >_>). The only gameplay difference it leads to is just a much more concentrated effort on Nana. Often times nana is not in any position to begin the infinite when I or our crew gets grabbed.

Oh, and comparing it to the freeze glitch is a little ignorant. Freeze glitched are banned because once completely, the player doesnt need to offer any further input for it to be effective and the opponent cannot do anything, and its just a stall. The infinite requires player input.

And I like how King rarely posts, but when he does, he offers irrefutable, undeniable truths.

Zgetto

Smash Ace
For wobbling to break the game that would mean the ICs would have to be propelled to the top of the God tier. They would have to be the best character in the game by a considerable margin to break the game.

That's just not the case. ICs are not God tier because of one tactic.

And even if IC suddenly were the best character in the game, so ****ing what? Your Fox isn't as invincible as it used to be. Stop crying about it.
tiers havent got to do any of this, i really dont care whos on top of the tier list, so who is crying about this.
i only thing i care about it is if its fair.
just think if this is fair: a grab with ICs on any stage against any char(except ic) equals death.
i really dont think its fair.
now think of one move were this is possible too:/, no there isnt!
thats why you cant compare it to any other infinites with or anything(for the people who are comparing)

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I just read the SRK thread... and you guys got spanked lol

GJ guys... the SSBM community just got a worse reputation...
Someone just lock this topic already. As I stated in my post "we're starting to look like GAMEFAQS."
Meaning: "This is making everyone look like a noob."

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
lol at Drephen's posts, is he using a spam bot?

And I don't think that the EVO staff will ban Wobbling, cause many other EVO games have their own ''infinites'' or ''uber gay move'' and they're not banned...

- Magneto infinite (MvC2)
- Yun's Genei-Jin loops (SF3)
- A-Sakura's shield breaker upper (CvS2)
- and more...

If SSBM has its own ''gay tactic'', we'll actually look better in the eyes of the fighting game community!

DO NOT BAN WOBBLING!!!
Sry MattDotZebb, but I was only thinking of this post that I made at the beginning of the thread and I was so right.

''**** banning it that looks like something that would actually make me wanna play smash.'' <-- LOL priceless!!!

`Jammin' Jobus

Smash Journeyman
Master Chibi.

you sound like an arrogant prick. running your mouth about a game you know very little about it. making comments like "this is why smash isnt respected by the SRK crowd" and others alike.

if you are any indication of what other FG communities are like, I say screw'em. I couldn't care less about being respected by a big group of elistist losers.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Don't hate on Wobbles just for a TECHNIQUE HE MADE. When I first heard of his technique, I was amazed. I had been looking for an IC infinite for a while. :laugh:
I'm pretty sure Wobbling has been known for a few years now (except we all called it the infinite grab). It's just that nobody bothered to use it until Wobbles did a few months ago.

EazyP

Smash Ace
Well Wobbles, you might not be the best respected Smasher in SmashBoards, but I'd say you are in Shoryuken and the EVO community

Maybe people just want to cry about it. "Omg new tactics (it's not a new tactic it's pretty old) in an old game that's been played a lot? B.S: ban that ****." Get over it.

How many advantages do VASTLY PLAYED characters like Fox, Falco, Marth have against Ice Climbers? A ****load. A big giant amount. Fox has an infinite. Marth has Ken Combo. Falco has an insanely easy spike to hit on people. You don't see those getting banned.

EVO has a lot of **** that I'll just state again. MvC2 has infinites (a ****load). CvS2 has infinites and unblockables. 3s has unblockables and a certain move called Genji-Jin that is so good that it takes a normally mid tier character all the way to the best character in the game.

Guess what? People, amazingly, find ways to get around characters and set ups. In MvC2 Cable was (and still is the ****). He was amazing. He was unstoppable...we thought. Then people found ways to get around Cable, and while still good, not NEAR as good as he formerly was. To those of you who have only played Smash, think Mewtwo's drop in the tier list.

Point is, SSBM is apart of the 2D community now. The 2D communities most popular games have infinites and cheap tricks. People find a way to get around it. You should too. Stop *****ing and give the man his props for not only winning a HUGE tournament, but winning it WITH ICE CLIMBERS (remember, they're the characters that you thought where ****ty unless ChuDat was playing)

While I'm here, any character can be good, just depends on who's playing and how smart they play and learning all their characters advantages (aka Wobbles) AND DISADVANTAGES to better themselves

You can ***** or you can adapt, make your choice

Miharu

Smash Hero
Hey, I'm going to say it again, only in really, really big letters and a different color, ok?

If you want some pretty pictures to go with it let me know.

DON'T FREAKING GET GRABBED.

This is why I said IC = Zangief. His dominate strength is to command grab the crap out of you, but to do so he has to get in on you first. Everyone playing against a Zangief and everyone playing as Zangief knows this. Zangief can kill some characters with TWO COMMAND GRABS.

So as his opponent, are you going to willingly run into his arms, allowing him to do what he wants? Obviously not, thus the same applies for IC. If you see the IC player constantly going for wobbling, make him pay for it. It's just what's inherently PART OF THE FREAKING MATCH UP. A good Zangief will have the patience and skill to eventually get in on you and throw you, but as his opponent, you should have twice the patience and skill to keep him out, that's simply what you have to do in that match up. You're not going to run smack into the IC's grab range now, are you? No, you bust your butt to keep them the hell away if you see that they're aiming for wobbling and nothing else. If it doesn't work, pick a character to counter them, thus giving you the advantage. If they stick with IC even when you counter them, it's still in your favor.

You're pretty freaking weak for getting bent out of shape on the matter. It's a tactic that's in every other fighting game, and Smash is no different. PICKING IC DOES NOT EQUATE TO AN INSTANT WIN, NOR DOES LANDING A WOBBLE. You have several lives in Smash, and it is escapable early on. There are ways around it, as have already been mentioned.

Suck it up, figure out anti-wobble tactics, and hit wobble phoenix back twice as hard for it. You should be thanking the guy instead of saying stupid crap like "No offense Wobble, you cool and all but wobblin is gay and you didn't deserve to win against Caveman and so on". As someone mentioned already, this is not how you treat fellow players in the community.

Grow up.
Just because you're a longtime user on the SRK forums doesn't really count for ****. You may bring up some good points, but it's the fact that the tone of your argument is extremely antagonistic and elitist that makes people deign to ignore you. You personally say that you only play this game casually (more or less), and you're more inclined to play other 2D/3D traditional fighters. That almost discredits your argument to a point, since you don't really have any viable tournament experience, nor do you have any general experience with the larger smash community to back up your arguments. Nor do your posts come off as very coherent either. For the majority of it, from what I'm seeing, you're just ranting about "don't get grabbed," and saying it as if not getting grabbed in smash is the same as not getting grabbed in say, SF. It really isn't.

Don't be such an elitist ******, and maybe more people will be inclined to take into account what you're trying to say.

And on the matter of wobbling, I think that the technique is gay, just like shinespiking and chainthrowing. But should it be banned? Ehh, probably not. As someone said earlier, even without wobbling, getting grabbed by a competent IC players almost results in a loss of a stock anyways. You just have to learn how to space much better, and pretty much focus your strategy around separating the two Climbers, killing Nana, then Popo. It's not that hard to take advantage of the fact that Nana can't tech. So quite a few easy grab + smash combos can be abused on her, leading to her early demise. This is in no way a simple task, but it's doable. Wobbling is just another IC technique at this point, no matter how controversial it is.

Kizzu-kun

Smash Journeyman
We'll see people disrespecting Wobbles until this tactic get banned or he stops doing that. o.o~
For a lot of people he only won matches because of that tactic, but this isn't true. And we know it.

Arrogancy will keep away people from Smashboards. Nobody wants to be in a hostile place e.e~
Please think before write something. ^^v

(Sorry if I write something wrong o.o, I don't write in english too much xP~)

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I don't know...the reason I always liked Smash was because of the lack of infinites, or the application of DI to get out of "set" combos. I always figured that to defeat an opponent, you need to work hard, or think hard. With an IC infinite grab like that, well...it makes it just so easy for the IC player it practically ruins the game.

I always played Smash because it WASN'T like MVC2. Because it WASN'T like CvS2. Or whatever other games that have infinites or massive set combos.

3S is pretty cool though.

But can we please stop comparing Smash to other fighters? I think we share similar opinions on why we prefer smash over other fighters, ya know?

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I just read the SRK thread... and you guys got spanked lol

GJ guys... the SSBM community just got a worse reputation...
Does "getting spanked" = getting laughed at by a bunch of elitists who don't understand smash?

I honestly don't give a **** what other communities think of smash. our community is as big as all other fighters combined pretty much, and that's not including the vast number of newbies.

What I'm getting from that post is "onoes the popular kids don't like us! What can we do to fit in better?! I know! Let's take their every word as gospel truth even though they have never paid any attention to our game and therefore don't know very much about it!"

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
King for the win!

You guys gotta remember Nana isnt always in the right situation for a wobbles. Its your fault if you dont see Nana synced up with Popo. I play ICs, and I guess I notice things like nana RIGHT behind Popo, maybe just ICs players can see that....hmmm.....

There is no reason for this move to be banned, you cant just win with the wobbles, if you say you can then you are an ignorant moron. Chu tried that against Azen, Oh and guess what? Azen got around it and still beat him. Im pretty sure Chu is a better IC player than Wobbles. Azen is an extremely smart player, but you dont have to be that smart to get around the IC grab. If you play fox and complain about that grab, go die, if you play Falco and complain about that grab, go die, if you play MARTH, go die, if you play Peach and complain about that grab, go die. I mean come on people! How stupid do you have to be to actually complain about wobbling saying its destroying the game? I dont see Azen coming here *****ing about Chu wobbling him.
Oh, I see, you guys have a problem with it when its pulled off and the guy WINS. The fact that its even being attempted should piss you off more than that, but not once have you wobble haters even brought up the Chu v Azen matches.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
I don't know...the reason I always liked Smash was because of the lack of infinites, or the application of DI to get out of "set" combos. I always figured that to defeat an opponent, you need to work hard, or think hard. With an IC infinite grab like that, well...it makes it just so easy for the IC player it practically ruins the game.

I always played Smash because it WASN'T like MVC2. Because it WASN'T like CvS2. Or whatever other games that have infinites or massive set combos.

3S is pretty cool though.

But can we please stop comparing Smash to other fighters? I think we share similar opinions on why we prefer smash over other fighters, ya know?
But isn't the general mind set the same, no matter what game we play? We're Trying to take our games to the highest level of play, whether it be SSBM, ST, or hell, even Mortal Kombat. We can't take this game to the highest level if we just start banning techniques that really don't break the game.

I'm not saying that fighting someone who uses the wobbles infinite wouldn't be tedious/difficult at first, but people will find ways to beat it or get around. Hell, people have already stated as such in this very thread.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
First off, I wanna say that anybody calling Wobbles "ghey", "immoral", "stupid" etc. need to shut the **** up. You have no right to judge someone you've never met before. Wobbles is a very cool person and doesn't deserve this treatment because his views/tactics are different from your's. God forbid people to be different.

Second off, whoever has never experienced this tactic shouldn't even respond in this topic because you do not know just how incredibly overpowering this tactic is.

I will personally say that I'm against Wobbling because this is the only tactic/instant kill that is not "situational" meaning that it will work on ANY character, almost ANY given % (15-20% and above), ANY given stage, and the opponent has zero influence on the income. You cannot say this for any other tactic. Fox's u.throw u.air doesn't work on everybody, platforms can interrupt, and it only works at certain %'s. So even though this combo is so overpowering compared to other strats, it's no where near the effectiveness of Wobbling. Not even Marth's chain grab on space animals is close to being as bad. On any stage except FD, space animals can DI to a platform, it only works on the space animals, it doesn't work on any given %, and it doesn't even guarantee a kill.

The argument of "Don't get grabbed" doesn't work. You might as well say "Don't get hit and be perfect" which is basically impossible to apply. You can't possibly tell me that you've never been grabbed in a game and still play an effective style (aka not jumping around like an idiot).

Finally, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, if you believe that Wobbling should not be banned, where were you rebelling against the Freeze Glitch that the IC's can do? Wobbling is so much easier to perform because it's not based on chance (direction that Nana throws), and it basically ends up THE SAME. Both tactics involving grabbing and then dealing free damage. So what makes the Freeze Glitch bannable while Wobbling is not?

In conclusion, this topic is dumb.
This man is a genius. Or a saint. Or perhaps some radical combination of the two?! Thomas Aquinas?! :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom