• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo L.A.

StrippersandBeer

Smash Apprentice
I think most peeps either don't care, or are just sleeping on some major tournies coming up. With MLG having Smash absent from it's lineup this year, here's some majors comin up...

1st - JCMedia presents Buy.com LAN tourny

Here's the thread with the details - http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=98733

2nd - Evolution 2007

This is a big one. Last year they were givin away 1st prizes in each tourny $5000. This year...maybe bigger. Smash was absent 2006 but this year I'm very happy they added Smash to the great lineup of games.

There was a qualifier that just happened this weekend in Texas where the top 8 get pool bye's. The other qualifier dates are at www.evo2k.com. The grand finals are in Vegas baby.

Aight yo's. Just puttin ya'll up. Haven't seen anything posted about Evo mainly which got my concern. Maybe you knew, maybe you didn't. Check it out fo sho tho.

peas.

Dodger

Smash Ace
There was a thread for Evo earlier, but that may have been just rejoicing that Evo pickep up smash, and not really a thread for the LA tournament.

Coincidentally, I heard Evo South was single elim, which may hurt Smash attendance for the other Evos

StrippersandBeer

Smash Apprentice
update on the Buy.com LAN thing...

1st prize was bumped up to $500.

Far as smash being single elim, I think it was just for evo south. It was a free event with nice prizes, but was just on time restraints.

Top Bottom