• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo East 2007 SSBM Finals PC Chris (Fox) vs Mew2King (Marth)

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Good stuff. I cant wait until Evo West/World and Rockefeller is announcing. Rockefeller IS the funniest announcer alive.

Match two: Chain throwing WACK WACK WACK lol.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
If I was competing I would tell that announcer to shut up and **** off.

Honestly, He's not even building hype if he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Good matches.

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
Yea I already posted this in the tournament results section (as you see I was the one who recorded it), but it's cool that it's also linked to in this section, but a lot of discussion about it is going on in the Evo East Results thread.

Mosk

Smash Cadet
Yo, if you could get those Azen vs PC matches up I'd be thankful, I seen the set once on youtube and recently searched for them but didn't turn anything up. And thanks for this one.

Blatherskite

Smash Apprentice
That announcer made me realize what a real announcer should be, the exact opposite of that announcer.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
What a cheesy announcer. Fun sometimes, but mostly just painful to listen to.

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
Those matches were hardcore, M2K makes me want to pick up Marth.

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure that if you mixed in MLG's commentary with Bacardi's commentary, it would be great! Then you'd have some fun with it AND he'll know what he's talking about (:

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
That announcer made me want to pull my dreads out. The matches were pretty good though.

Nurok

Smash Lord
even though the announcer did not know anythign about smash, he was definetly one of the aspiring factors to why these matches came out great. He buitl up suspense with his voice and WACK WACK WACK.
BTW: M2K's marth practices those combos on n00bs like me =(

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I appreciate the announcer's enthusiasm but the "that's why he's KING" schtick got real old after the fourth time or so.

Bacardi

Smash Rookie
just gonna copy and paste my response from the other thread

I was the one doing the commentating and I must apologize for not knowing the correct terminology for what was going on in smash, but then again neither did alot of the other people in there as well(first time I ever really sat down to watch it). During matches smashers were telling me what was what (and know I know its stock not lives ) but I tried to keep it as fun as I could for everyone to enjoy. I must say I was really impressed with the level of smash play and you guys have converted me and alot of other players to smash bros with the level of play we saw at Evo East and we are eagerly awaiting now for north/west/worlds to hopefully see the same level of top play that we saw at evo east(plus we told alot of people that it was nuts and they want to see what are we making such a big fuss about). But if someone can pm me where I can see some videos or link me to a general introduction and where i can learn more terminology it would be greatly appreciated. Also when commentary is nothing but play by play it gets boring quick and if you have people in the crowd that have never played smash you got to have fun with the players and the crowd. seriously good stuff at evo east I really hope to see more of it in the future.

since I posted this in the other thread I have recieved lots of pms with links to videos,threads and other helpful resources to learn more about the game. noone else was really commentating I just stepped up and tried to hype and make it fun for the crowd(which the majority was not smash players but marvel/3s /t5 players)I was exhausted from having helped setup/run/and participate in tournaments all weekend long so thats why I would sound repetitive. If at another evo you guys want someone else to announce just have him go up to Mr Wiz or one of the Cannons they are some of the most cooperative people when it comes to things like that

stupidalien

Smash Cadet

I was the one doing the commentating and I must apologize for not knowing the correct terminology for what was going on in smash, but then again neither did alot of the other people in there as well(first time I ever really sat down to watch it). During matches smashers were telling me what was what (and know I know its stock not lives ) but I tried to keep it as fun as I could for everyone to enjoy. I must say I was really impressed with the level of smash play and you guys have converted me and alot of other players to smash bros with the level of play we saw at Evo East and we are eagerly awaiting now for north/west/worlds to hopefully see the same level of top play that we saw at evo east(plus we told alot of people that it was nuts and they want to see what are we making such a big fuss about). But if someone can pm me where I can see some videos or link me to a general introduction and where i can learn more terminology it would be greatly appreciated. Also when commentary is nothing but play by play it gets boring quick and if you have people in the crowd that have never played smash you got to have fun with the players and the crowd. seriously good stuff at evo east I really hope to see more of it in the future.

since I posted this in the other thread I have recieved lots of pms with links to videos,threads and other helpful resources to learn more about the game. noone else was really commentating I just stepped up and tried to hype and make it fun for the crowd(which the majority was not smash players but marvel/3s /t5 players)I was exhausted from having helped setup/run/and participate in tournaments all weekend long so thats why I would sound repetitive. If at another evo you guys want someone else to announce just have him go up to Mr Wiz or one of the Cannons they are some of the most cooperative people when it comes to things like that
i dont know wtf these other people are talking about. i think you did a very good job commentating for a game that you've never played before. i hope to hear you again in the future :)

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Yah man don't worry about people who didn't like your commentary. The fact is that you were probably the only reason the non smash players at Evo even watched the finals. Glad you guys are impressed with Smash. You'll be far more impressed when you actually compete against players of that caliber and realize how incredibly hard it is to get where they are.

Dread101

Smash Journeyman

Hey man congrats! for something u had no idea about i think u did a great job. And hopefully you'll do even better next time lol

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Bacardi: For future reference, the correct thing to say is "OMFG Mew2King!" Also, there's a Jigglypuff player in California who goes by the name of The King, so.... yeah.

Bacardi

Smash Rookie
can someone link me to some vids where there is commentary for smash good or bad I just want to see what you guys have had in the past

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
you don't want to see what the MLG commentary used to be. Let's just say they may have known more about smash than you, but you definitely were wayyy more exciting.

Picture old MLG commentary: Golf commentary

Your commentary: Basketball/Football

D1

Banned via Administration
can someone link me to some vids where there is commentary for smash good or bad I just want to see what you guys have had in the past
Bacardi=Too good @ commentating...its better to have the crowd pumped mangz than to school ppl on the intracacies of something that they have no prior knowledge of.

I was lovin the "This is why he's KING!"

WACK WACK WACK WACK!!!

I've been watchin MLG vids for years and your commentary reminds me of Dave ^_^ I'll link ya to the vid.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=X-sCulYfA9A

LMFAO!

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: WACK

WACK!

WACKKK!!

WACCKKKK!!!!!

I think the phrase "too good" is in order here.

Bacardi

Smash Rookie
Thanks guys for all the pms and comments good or bad, in the future if I get the chance to do it again I'll try to be more technical while keeping the crowd going

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Play-by-play commentary would be unnecesary. You're not listening to the radio; people are already watching the match, they can see what's going on. I've seen this done at Smashfests, and by a guy who's really entertaining, but even that got annoying after a few minutes.

I actually like the laid back MLG VoD commentary (except for Ken, who's a terrible commentator). Maybe the Evo people can include that as a separate track on the DVD.

Announcing at the actual event should be for the purpose of engaging the crowd. Bacardi did a fine job, just cut back on the stock phrases:

"They're playing for keeps"
"That's why he's KING"
"He ain't having none of that"
and so on

I don't know who said "I do not understand this game at all, but it is fantastic." but that was brilliant.

The Blackstar

Smash Journeyman
Lixivium, the only commentator from MLG I really like was M3D. Rockerfeller takes some getting used to, but after that, he's really entertaining.

I think once he knows the game a little more it will be really good commentary. I'm not going to fault him for not knowing all the terms and I think it was really good for a first shot. Kudos.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Lixivium, the only commentator from MLG I really like was M3D. Rockerfeller takes some getting used to, but after that, he's really entertaining.
I think Husband and Wife are pretty good; they have a nice balance of knowledge and enthusiasm, if not impartiality.

But like I said, MLG commentary is different from live announcing.

Top Bottom