• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo 2k8 Brawl Finals

teekay

Smash Journeyman
Here's an interesting thing to think about.

In another thread in this very forum, there's a match video between SK92's Falco and Ken's Marth. For those of you saying Ken lost because he is inexperienced at Brawl, please tell me why you think he beat SK92: was it because he's better at Brawl, or because he got lucky with items?

saberhof

Smash Master
this is hilarious....xD...

its so funny how he commented on the final smashes in the last match, its just stupid....xD

again hilarious...

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Tourney Brawl is boring and the game is literally balanced around items. We all know this. The Evo matches are the most entertaining matches i've seen since release.

Combos are almost nonexistant and major advanced techniques are scarce. Glide tossing is one of the most useful AT in the game, too bad you rarely see it due to nature of the metagame.

Baky

Smash Journeyman
read my sig

no johns
My join date is irrelevant to this topic and anything I post. Your sig is one of the stupidest things I've read.

I suppose your join date fuels your arrogance. Your join date makes you a good player, a good poster, and an elder to all of those who join after you...

...or your just ********.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Stop wining, Ken lost because he was outmatched by someone who knew what they were doing. Did anyone NOT see how much faster Marth is than ROB? Ken could have just as easily ran for the items like CUP did, but he didn't. Instead, he chose to chase CPU down and attack the same way most of us do - without items. CPU won because he picked a better gameplan, get over it.

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
Stop wining, Ken lost because he was outmatched by someone who knew what they were doing. Did anyone NOT see how much faster Marth is than ROB? Ken could have just as easily ran for the items like CUP did, but he didn't. Instead, he chose to chase CPU down and attack the same way most of us do - without items. CPU won because he picked a better gameplan, get over it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amen.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Its the fact that in order to win, CPU HAD to hide behind items. Yes, Ken should have used the items too, but CPU only won because he item camped (and Skyworld).

N M E

Smash Apprentice
Ken lost .
CPU won.

get over it.

Ken chose to go to ITEM tourny so there is really no point in saying if there no items bla bla bla.

VandalKING

Smash Cadet
LOL

Seriously.

1. A lot of you are johning for Ken, when it seems like he didn't really care in the first place, IMO. He went there just cuz'. I'm betting you guys care about his loss more than he does.

2. Does anyone find it funny that Ken is asian, and he lost to a Robot? XD

3. CPU played the way this tourney was meant to be played. Ken did not, so he lost. Stop johning for him.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
LOL

Seriously.

1. A lot of you are johning for Ken, when it seems like he didn't really care in the first place, IMO. He went there just cuz'. I'm betting you guys care about his loss more than he does.

2. Does anyone find it funny that Ken is asian, and he lost to a Robot? XD

3. CPU played the way this tourney was meant to be played. Ken did not, so he lost. Stop johning for him.
Just as soon as you stop being a racist.

bobson

Smash Lord
My words aren't to defend Ken. My words are for those who are trying to further their pro-item agendas with THESE matches.
Then I fail to see your purpose in mentioning that someone who was using items better than someone else won over them because of that.

VandalKING

Smash Cadet
Does anyone else find it funny that the kid with a pokemon avatar made a ****ty post?
This would be ironic, if my post was actually as ****ty as this one.

hahah jk im just stereotyping
Stupid. Just simply stupid. Learn definitions.

M2K is white and has beaten Ken plenty of times.
Does anyone actually see what I'm referring to? What does M2K have to do with what I said (I know he's referred as a robot or supercomputer or whatever, but he wasn't even in this tourney)?

I was referring to Ken being of asian descent/playing a character who looks asian, losing to a ROBOT a.k.a R.O.B. Jesus people. Stop being so sensitive.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Woah woah woah, whats with all this quoting?
Chillax guys.

VandalKING

Smash Cadet
Woah woah woah, whats with all this quoting?
Chillax guys.
I only stated something and of course, the people here love starting stuff over stupid crap. I made a joke, and someone called me racist for it. I guess most comedians are racist too, huh?

^ Stupid .
So says the guy who can't space correctly, and only makes one word posts that hold no footing. GG.

lol This thread is starting to become neither about Ken, CPU, or their match... but dont let that stop the senseless and petty arguments... carry on.
Well finals usually are the most talked about matches. And plus everyone johning for Ken, that just adds to the topic, ya feel me? XD And I didn't even argue truthfully. I made a joke and someone didn't see it fully/doesn't know what racism is, and took it I guess offensively.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Wow, Ken is bad at this game. :/

I should've went in order to eat all the items in my matches.

Roxmorf

Smash Cadet
smash is a game designed to play WITH items, I am a marth player, I enjoyed the match, and if he lost its because he misused objects (including the smash ball).
Using objets is just a part of the game as important as using grabs or smash hits (I personally hate grabbing) but that is a "home rule" the real game is made to play WITH objets and everithing.

PD: Not always the best wins or the one who played better, but that is the same with or without objets, but its a good thing about smash (if it were not this way my brothers would never play me xDD )

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
My join date is irrelevant to this topic and anything I post. Your sig is one of the stupidest things I've read.

I suppose your join date fuels your arrogance. Your join date makes you a good player, a good poster, and an elder to all of those who join after you...

...or your just ********.
read my sig

no johns

Top Bottom