• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2016 Evo 2015

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
This forum is now open once again for the biggest smash event of the summer! Discuss everything from the ruleset to housing from airfare to top eight predictions.

<LyKos>

Smash Cadet
All the love to Xiivi <3

TOP 8 LET'S GO

1. Mango
2. Leffen
3. PPMD
4. Armada
5. M2K
5. PewPewU
7. HBox
7. aMSa

3-Peat while the National Anthem rings throughout the gigantic EVO championship room. Sounds dang fitting.

Prince_Issac

Smash Rookie
REALLY WEIRD TOP 8 THAT WILL NEVER ACTUALLY HAPPEN.

1. Lucky (please let this happen)
2. Mang0
3. Armada
4. PPMD
5. Leffen
5. Hbox
7. Fly
7. aMSa

Again, never going to happen. However, my life would be complete if someone out of the top 5 would win a major with all the gods in attendance. Especially if Leffen wins a major on NTSC so there won't be any johns

ansossy

Smash Apprentice
I'd love to see Mew2King or Leffen take first as they seem to be the most deserving for taking Melee. And I'm all for Zero winning Smash 4. Could care less about Brawl and 64.

16bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
imsl1msh4dy
3DS FC
3136-7059-5966
My top 8 predictions:
1. Mango
2. Leffen
3. PPMD
4. Armada
5. aMSa
5. m2k
7. Hbox
7. Axe

Last edited:

Clint Jaguar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClintJaguar
I think either Mango or Leffen are going to take it this year. PPMD and Armada also have a good chance if they bring their A-game but I think Mango and Leffen are the two players who want it the most.

Mashu Koria

Smash Apprentice
I'd love to see Mew2King or Leffen take first as they seem to be the most deserving for taking Melee. And I'm all for Zero winning Smash 4. Could care less about Brawl and 64.
- Brawl Sucks
- 2 people always win Smash 64
I can see your point

ansossy

Smash Apprentice
- Brawl Sucks
- 2 people always win Smash 64
I can see your point
Definitely. Smash 64 is old and very dead and is very boring spectator wise as the matches last tremendously long considering the top tier characters are some of the floatiest and the knockback mechanics were very different. Melee and 4 is commonly where the huge chunk of the excitement is. Brawl is long forgotten now that Smash 4 blew it out of the water.

Clint Jaguar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClintJaguar
Definitely. Smash 64 is old and very dead and is very boring spectator wise as the matches last tremendously long considering the top tier characters are some of the floatiest and the knockback mechanics were very different. Melee and 4 is commonly where the huge chunk of the excitement is. Brawl is long forgotten now that Smash 4 blew it out of the water.
That's just your opinion. I still enjoy watching Smash 64 and while watching the APEX stream, I found the Top 8 to be a lot more interesting than Smash 4's.

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
I hope Zero doesn't win Evo... because I want him to keep playing Smash 4! He said he'd play nothing but Melee if he won Smash 4 at Evo. I still want him to do good though... and I wouldn't be mad if he won, just sad that he wouldn't be a Sm4sher for a whole year.

If he does win Sm4sh at Evo, though, I hope he wins Melee at Apex 2016 so it will all have been worth it.

Still, it doesn't seem like anyone's even close to his level. He's like one of Smash 4's godz at this point with how badly he dominates.

Last edited:

Frededish

Smash Cadet
NNID
Frededish.
3DS FC
1650-2628-3264
1. Mango
2. PPMD
3. Armada
4. Hbox
5. leffen
5. m2k
7. PewPewU
7. Amsa

Mashu Koria

Smash Apprentice
I hope Zero doesn't win Evo... because I want him to keep playing Smash 4! He said he'd play nothing but Melee if he won Smash 4 at Evo. I still want him to do good though... and I wouldn't be mad if he won, just sad that he wouldn't be a Sm4sher for a whole year.

If he does win Sm4sh at Evo, though, I hope he wins Melee at Apex 2016 so it will all have been worth it.

Still, it doesn't seem like anyone's even close to his level. He's like one of Smash 4's godz at this point with how badly he dominates.
I didn't get why in Apex 2015 Grand Finals SM4SH he faced off against an Olimar...
I thought it would be Diddy, Shulk, or Captain Falcon or something... how did an Olimar even get to GF...

Mashu Koria

Smash Apprentice
Smash 64 is still cool, don't get me wrong, it's just that it's the same 3 characters, 2 stages, and 3 different players.
That being said, there isn't any room for anything else competitive due to how small the game actually is.

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
I didn't get why in Apex 2015 Grand Finals SM4SH he faced off against an Olimar...
I thought it would be Diddy, Shulk, or Captain Falcon or something... how did an Olimar even get to GF...
By playing Rosaluma the rest of the way there. Olimar was Dabuz's Diddy CP character. It didn't work on Zero because Zero is actually good.

Mashu Koria

Smash Apprentice
By playing Rosaluma the rest of the way there. Olimar was Dabuz's Diddy CP character. It didn't work on Zero because Zero is actually good.
Oh yeah I forgot his Rosaluma.
He needs to find a better counter for Diddy, like maybe Diddy....

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
I really want Leffen to win because I want to see that go to his head. Actually nevermind, the 3peat for Mango would be even better.

Reaper Talk

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tricky32
3DS FC
0946-2336-1376
Maybe this isn't the right place to ask this question but...
What controllers will you guys be using?
I have a Yoshi PDP Controller but I find it hard to perfect pivot with it
Should I get a Hori Controller or shell out more cash to get a GameCube adapter?
And will GameCube adapters be provided with every set up at Evo?
Thank you in advance

SuperCoffeeBros

The Better, Faster, Cheaper Custom Controller
I don't see Leffen placing above PPMD under any circumstances. Also I don't think mang0 will win.

Does anyone know what the entrant count is for Melee currently?

Last edited:

Esperah

Smash Rookie
I don't see Leffen placing above PPMD under any circumstances. Also I don't think mang0 will win.

I agree with you, I believe Mang0 is not taking EVO this year. He needs to get back on his game. Leffen has been on his game doe

Last edited:

Frededish

Smash Cadet
NNID
Frededish.
3DS FC
1650-2628-3264

Thou shalt not sleep on the kid. If that wasn't a rule, I'd put it as 1. PPMD 2. Mang0 3. Armada

SuperCoffeeBros

Thou shalt not sleep on the kid. If that wasn't a rule, I'd put it as 1. PPMD 2. Mang0 3. Armada
If Mang0 goes Falcon, I think America will cheer him to a third EVO victory! Not really, but it would be cool. I hope Leffen does not win and of course I hope a high placing from M2K...

Last edited:

16bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
imsl1msh4dy
3DS FC
3136-7059-5966

There was a tweet saying how it's the biggest melee and smash 4 tournament.

SuperCoffeeBros

There was a tweet saying how it's the biggest melee and smash 4 tournament.

I was just curious about how far ahead melee is over Smash 4. It doesn't seem well publicized for some reason...I can find Smash 4's numbers though. :(

Hope we see some :falconmelee: in top 8!

TheCandyman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3866-8591-8094
1. Armada
2. Leffen
3. PPMD
4. Mang0
5. M2k
5. Hbox
7. PewPewU or aMSa
7. Hax (If his hand gets better by then) Westballz if not

Personally I would WANT PP to win the most but PP wants Mang0 to not win more than him win himself so the devotion might not be there. Leffen however has all of the devotion but I'm not sure he's ready to win EVO if I see some first places this year I think he'll do it but he's always had problems with M2k and Armada's fox (for the small bit they've Fox dittos)

SuperCoffeeBros

1. Armada
2. Leffen
3. PPMD
4. Mang0
5. M2k
5. Hbox
7. PewPewU or aMSa
7. Hax (If his hand gets better by then) Westballz if not

Personally I would WANT PP to win the most but PP wants Mang0 to not win more than him win himself

This is pretty bold, I don't see PPMD placing lower than the Swedes. Also this is Mang0's tournament and HBox has shown to place very well at Evo for an some reason (3rd/2nd) .

Also where did you get PPMD's objection to Mang0 winning?

I am not too sure about PewPewU getting into top 8, he had an upset against HBox, but I don't see him getting farther than that. He couldn't beat KirbyKaze and there are quite a few players at his level.

Last edited:

SuperCoffeeBros

This is pretty bold, I don't see PPMD placing lower than the Swedes. Also this is Mang0's tournament and HBox has shown to place very well at Evo for an some reason (3rd/2nd) .

I am not too sure about PewPewU getting into top 8, he had an upset against HBox, but I don't see him getting farther than that. He couldn't beat KirbyKaze and there are quite a few players at his level.

If Armada has been training his fox, it leaves vulnerable to M2K. Also Leffen only had one upset on him as well. I don't think one upset is suddenly a precedence. M2K may be hit or miss, but I definitely wouldn't put Leffen/Armada 1st and 2nd.

TheCandyman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3866-8591-8094

Yeah I know the boldness, I just have a feeling that with Leffen's determination and Armada's Fox something is going to happen, I don't know what, but something

And in one of PP's streams he said something along the lines of "I just want to make sure Mang0 doesn't take another EVO."

Last edited:

ShortcutButton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShortcutButton

*scheming*

If Zero stops playing Sm4sh (and therefore Diddy), and M2K gets persuaded Sonic is actually his best char, then a huge chunk of the Diddy reign can finally be over. :D

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
*scheming*

If Zero stops playing Sm4sh (and therefore Diddy), and M2K gets persuaded Sonic is actually his best char, then a huge chunk of the Diddy reign can finally be over. :D
No it won't. The only thing that'll change is Diddy will no longer be fun to watch.

IncomingGhost

Smash Cadet
There is no way Leffen is taking 2nd over PPMD or Armada wtf

No time to make a full list, but I would be so sad if Mango didn't get first. Scared that he won't be as motivated as last year. He's already proved that he's the GOAT, what reason is there to try

Top Bottom