• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo 2014 Top 8 Determined, Full Results through 128th

Who will Win Evo 2014?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
My Peach pride shows when I always want to see Armada win. Not only that, but we're going to see a set of Young Link vs. Fox for his match against Hbox, so he's even got a low tier pocket which I think is really cool about him.

While not probable, I want Axe to get it if Armada doesn't because seeing a Pikachu win EVO would be the biggest upset in a long long time. I'd be so hype for it though.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I've skipped Evo so far but with Axe in the top 8 I need to show my AZ pride tomorrow. When's the stream begin?

Sanrikko

Smash Rookie
You're asking for impossible if there aren't any top tiers in top 8.
I'm not saying that they should pick low tier characters, I understand that these characters are picked for a reason. I was just agreeing with him on the fact that these characters are often picked. I'm not saying they're wrong for doing so, I just agree with the fact that there isn't that much diversity in the picks. Which is the nature of most competitive fighting games really

Blus

Smash Rookie
Was hoping aMSa would make it to top 8 so we could have a non fox ditto match. Tired of seeing so little diversity but my vote goes to Mew2King
Mew2king for the win, tired of seeing so much hate for him, unfortunately, I think Mango will take 1st.

AceMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KnowledgeMan
Considering how the brackets are, I think M2K should win this, go M2K!!!

NinthWonder

Smash Apprentice
Nah. Axe all the way.

He's got that Arizona cape flying behind him as he runs through all these scrubs.

Last edited:

JuanTendo

Smash Cadet
NNID
ssb-juantendo
3DS FC
2750-1216-1018
Switch FC
SW 3345 4602 0138
you got do this axe! show em what the pika can do

BHawksFan01

Smash Rookie
NNID
BHawksFan01
Slightly off topic, but I really don't think Hbox is top 5 anymore. Look at the top 8 here. The only 2 people I'm confident he can beat are silent wolf and fly, maybe axe. When you consider others like leffen and hax who didn't make it to top 8, I think he's top 7 at best.
I guess you just ignored the fact that he just beat PP to get to Winners Semis.

I will agree that Armada's YL has been a brick wall he's been unable to dent as of yet, but he's beaten M2K multiple times in the past and he's never been closer to getting the best of Mango. Right now, any of the top 5 dropping is ludicrous. We'll see what tomorrow brings, however.

Greenshortz

Smash Rookie
I see a Mang0 vs Armada Grand finals more than likely those two have been playing pretty good as of late. I hope Mang0 wins. Also is a typo or did Eddie mexico really play sheik if so that's disappointing. I really love his Luigi.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Axe, SW, Mango, or Armada. Either of them winning is fine.

Last edited:

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Was hoping aMSa would make it to top 8 so we could have a non fox ditto match. Tired of seeing so little diversity but my vote goes to Mew2King
The only foxes left are mango silentwolf and maybe m2k if you count him. m2k will use a lot of characters based on stages against mango. Even then silent wolf has to make it through axe the fox slayer. Everything else is looking floatieXX

Gombukelp

Smash Apprentice
I really like M2K, PPMD and Armada and usually root for them but it would be so cool to see Hungrybox win. He really feels like the underdog of this tournament. The match were he sent PPMD into losers had me so hype.

Last edited:

Ace55

Smash Lord
Hoping Armada will take it but I'm expecting Mango. The kid has an uncanny ability to turn it up at the biggest stages.

Coonce

Smash Apprentice
I'm rooting for Hbox and Axe, though I'm expecting Mango to win. On a side note, I feel kind of bad about the number of votes for Fly. That match he had against Armada was very surprising. If he only would wobble, he could have sent Armada to losers which would have been a crazy upset.

Dott

Smash Ace
Congratulations to J666, making Link look like a BEAST!!!

Thank you man, you inspire me to keep playing Link.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Go HBox!!! Thanks to him. Im using Kirby more than ever when I watch the invitational. Use jiggly well.

And destroy all fox players with Jiggly. You can aim for the top.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Slightly off topic, but I really don't think Hbox is top 5 anymore. Look at the top 8 here. The only 2 people I'm confident he can beat are silent wolf and fly, maybe axe. When you consider others like leffen and hax who didn't make it to top 8, I think he's top 7 at best.
You do know he beat PPMD to reach his current spot, right?

DJ _ICE

Smash Apprentice
Eddy Mexico is not a sheik.

Also rootin for Dr.PP to play well today

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
I'm a mixed bag at deciding who I root for.

Part of me hopes that Mango wins, so he can add another trophy to his shelf and some of that money will go to mangeezy jr.

Then again I like Armada, because he adapts and he trains, constantly improving. Nothing but hard work for that man.

Then there's M2K, it would be interesting to see him take this tournament. I would love to see a super hype Sheik death chain grab for a last stock or some crazy Marth technology.

There's no disrespect to the other players, I love Axe/Hbox/PPMD/ and I like Silent Wolf's tech skill.

Airboysteel

Smash Rookie
NNID
BigJ-Airboy
3DS FC
0087-2405-4085
Congrats and good luck to the top 8. Make this EVO one to remember for smashers!

Top Bottom