• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO 2014 Anouncement?

bs957

Smash Rookie
I haven't used this account since last year, but I made a thread asking you guys if nintendo would reveal something at EVO 2013. Of course there was the fallout with Melee but was a huge success. Since thier pending permission from nintendo this year, Think Nintendo will actually have the guts to reveal something this year?

P.S: I'm gonna be alot more active here now and also I think Olimar being revealed on Evo's first day last year is more then a coincidence.

Thoughts???

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Howdy!
I do apologize, but I'm being an idiot.
Move along...

Last edited:

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
I don't think Nintendo will reveal anything at EVO. It's not really a question of guts or anything, it's more about relevancy. Maybe there'll be a Direct around the same time, but if there is, it'll likely only be coincidental and nothing more.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'm afraid I don't follow, isn't Evo JUST a tournament? Why would that serve as a venue for Smash news?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Given how Nintendo didn't want Smash Bros. at Evo last year (even though we made them change their mind), I doubt we're getting anything.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
If I remember correctly, the who EVO fiasco occurred not due to Nintendo, but Nintendo's lawyers (who are independent of Nintendo) and were simply trying to protect Ninty's things.

Of course, the higher ups at Ninty quickly discovered what was going on (thanks to the internet) and quickly reversed the situation. The same group of lawyers also tried to prevent LPers on YouTube from making revenue off of Nintendo's games.

So, knowing this, and the rumors that Nintendo was going to join up with MLG, it's a possibility that we could get something. I'm not entirely expecting something, but it'd be nice.

Last edited:

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
The same group of lawyers succeeded in preventing LPers on YouTube from making revenue off of Nintendo's games.
Fixed that for you, you should see my email. Also seems they encouraged every dev on the planet to take similar stances.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
evo is in july right? if so I am hoping it's the launch month

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Evo is going to debut smash 4 as the very first tourney. Thats what I think at least.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I don't think Nintendo will reveal anything at EVO. It's not really a question of guts or anything, it's more about relevancy. Maybe there'll be a Direct around the same time, but if there is, it'll likely only be coincidental and nothing more.
Well you know, Olimar was revealed on the site around the same time the Melee part of EVO started, snever say never.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Let's see what they will say about Melee for Evo. If Smash 4 is released by that time, then they might push for Smash 4 at Evo instead of Melee. Also, CEO might replace Brawl with SSB4 too.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I'd love to see a reveal at EVO, maybe that's what nintendo is negotiating. (not sure if they still are, but i heard negotiations for EVO 2014 were in for smash bros.)
Howdy!
I do apologize, I'm being an idiot
Moving on...
Radishes are the best fruit

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I extremely doubt it. I don't see any reason for Nintendo or Sakurai to reveal something at EVO.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I do recall that Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (in 2010 EVO event) and Killer Instinct (in 2013 EVO event) were shown during EVO.

As for whether Nintendo will unveil anything during EVO, that is something I'm not very sure about.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Highly doubt it. Unless a Direct happens to conveniently fall around EVO.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
And you're not giving them enough credit. So it balances out.

I think Nintendo will reveal something just to throw us off.
At Evo? I have a better chance of winning the lottery. Evo is for the big boy fighting games like SF, etc. Nintendo doesn't care about an event like that.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
Didn't you see the thread on why they did that? I could see Nintendo pushing for smash 4 at evo. Also olimar reveal
why Olimar of all characters
and the fact that an Evo announcement would be beneficial is exactly why chances are Nintendo's not going to do it

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Revive, because Melee is back.

Suddenly the chances of a character reveal are much better.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
LOL this thread is funny. NIntendo never goes to info. You guys are setting yourself up for a huge disappointment, lol.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I know it's wishful thinking, but it's not completely out of the realm of possibility that Sakurai acknowledges Evo this time around, even if it's just a mention in the PotD. Did he ignore it last year?

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
I know it's wishful thinking, but it's not completely out of the realm of possibility that Sakurai acknowledges Evo this time around, even if it's just a mention in the PotD. Did he ignore it last year?
Sakurai never mentions EVO.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
If they announced anything, they'd probably send Bill Trinen or Reggie to announce Mii as a playable character or that tripping will return.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Well honestly it's their loss. It could be the perfect way to make the competitive community feel as though Nintendo supports them and also act as a mega-advertisement for the entirety of the fgc.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I firmly believe that there will be no announcement. There's no reason to think that Nintendo cares about EVO.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Meh, I think there will be no annoucment. Especially because very few competitive players are looking forward to smash 4.
I don't know man, from what I've seen in interviews and these boards, looks like many top players are eager to try the game, at the very least. Then you have Armada and M2K who have already said they plan to become the best Smash 4 players.

Top Bottom