• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO 2013 Melee Info Dump! - FINAL DAY: TOP 8 STARTING AT NOON: http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1

t3h Icy

Smash Master
It's awesome we have such excellent character diversity for EVO! :D

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Character diversity is great! :D

IMO PP will defeat Wobbles, not by a ton, but convincingly enough that we won't all think it could have gone the other way with a single gimp/grab. Not that Wobbles isn't amazing and whatnot, but Mango was running into some really awful grab situations and not killing Nana, and I just don't think PP will make either of those mistakes :p

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
also anyone know who took out shiz and zhu in the losers bracket?
Axe is indeed 13th (from SRK), as are S2J and Taj. We're still missing one 13th place, but results are pretty good other than that.
Shiz would've had to play the winner of Kels and Android, my money's on Kels. Then the winner of that would've played Milkman, who I've never heard of. But the winner of that would've played SS, I think.

I think Zhu beat SS and then lost to M2K, which means Zhu lost to Ice because Ice took slot Q108.

The question then is who took slot Q107? It's between several players: Shiz, Lucien, Kels, Android, Nite, and stricnyn3.

And FYI, the stream chats blew up whenever Wobbles got a wobble going. Whoever the **** said, "wobbling is a hype killer" are SADLY MISTAKEN.
Everyone in my apartment sighed each time Wobbles got a wobble off.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Android lost to Kels, was my understanding, who then lost to Shiz. Don't know about anyone else in there.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Yes, Ice beat Zhu.
Android lost to Kels, who lost to Shiz. Shiz also took out Silentspectre and Milkman, so he has 25th at worst.

13th if he lost to ???. There's one 13th slot we haven't determined which is where Shiz could have been.
Lucien if he got 17th.
Stric orAmsa if Shiz got 25th.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
If you missed the post earlier, we peaked at about 35k viewers, outdoing Marvel and doubling Injustice!

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna go ahead and make some speculation. There's only 2 or 3 particularly questionable matchups, but still.
PP will beat Wobbles, and Hbox will beat M2K.
In losers, Armada will beat Shroomed, and Mango will beat Ice.
Armada will subsequently beat M2K (after a set we've waited for years to see)
Mango will beat Wobbles (hopefully he'll bust out the Falcon this time. He makes the matchup look downright unwinnable for ICs)

In winners, PP will beat Hungrybox. This is kind of a coin toss, but if he does win, we'll probably only have to sit through 1 set of Armada vs Hbox, whereas if he loses, there's about a 40% we'll have to sit through 2 sets of it.

Back in losers, Armada will probably beat Mango. Especially if Mango plays like he did today.
Then, we'll see Armada beat Hbox after a 30-40 minute set. Oh, yay.

Finally, we'll have PP vs. Armada again. I feel like PP has a good chance here, but it'll be really, really close. Armada will have to win 2 sets, but if he wins the first, he'll probably win the second even easier. I think if PP loses the first set, he'll switch characters to counteract that.

Probably gonna be:
1st: Dr. PeePee
2nd: Armada
3rd: Hungrybox
4th: Mango
(I think I did that right)

t3h Icy

Smash Master
We know everything about Winners' bracket from today, but Losers' is still a mess and hard to tell. If you have any updates and results on what happened, please post them!

^Wobbles and Shroomed played on the VGBootCamp stream.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Actually seeing the pools now, I made a mistake in the bracket image where Sung666 actually did beat Sybawave. Sybawave as listed in the QFs bracket image should be Sung666.

Zelda_Fan_

Smash Journeyman
Who the hell did Mango lose to? And have any of these matches been recorded? I missed literally everything today and have been trying to find a stream recapping things but have found nothing.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Who the hell did Mango lose to? And have any of these matches been recorded? I missed literally everything today and have been trying to find a stream recapping things but have found nothing.
Wobbles did.
Axe also did amazing vs Mango, but couldn't pull it off. I think the nerves got to him (he was up two stocks in stadium, but from then on Mango stole all momentum and took games 2 and 3).

Zelda_Fan_

Smash Journeyman
Wobbles did.
Axe also did amazing vs Mango, but couldn't pull it off. I think the nerves got to him (he was up two stocks in stadium, but from then on Mango stole all momentum and took games 2 and 3).
Damn, was it close between Mango and Wobbles?

I was really pulling for axe, too. I can't wait to see these videos.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Oh sorry, I c/p'd the link from the archives, but I guess that's not how Twitch works.

In any case, check the archives there and on VGBootCamp. Subscribing is not necessary!

Oh no, I was right! You gotta check through the video since KOF was recorded on the same stream today. Jump an hour or two and you'll find stuff. The rest is on VGBC's acrhives.

Revven

FrankerZ
The archives will likely no longer be sub-only way later tonight. Yesterday night you could watch the archives being a non-sub iirc.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I'm not subscribed and can see them. Perhaps try logging in? Otherwise I don't know.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
PP certainly does not have his number, if apex was any indication
hbox though, yeah he does
Pretty sure PP beat Mew2king at apex , lmao you're a damn ******. Last time M2k beat PP was zenith 2012 and there's a huge gap between that wins and any other wins he has against PP.

Top Bottom