• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Everyone hates Brawl

Machineking1313

Smash Cadet
I noticed how much people hate this game and even some people have decided not to get the game and cancelled their order. I laugh at everyone who is foolish to call this game terrible and we all really need to grow up and stop complaining about a game we dont have yet. And Fox, Falco, Ness, Wolf, Toon Link, Falco, Ganondorf, are not clones, they all fight differently, I would like to see you guys figure out how to make wolf better. Give him laser eyes? Fire breath? Wait....giving him fire breath would make him a clone of bowser?

Grow up people and enjoy the greatest game ever produced.

Srules

Smash Apprentice
lol, more copies for people who have respect for the franchise. Id rather have people who plan on playing this game for years on end buy the game than people who know nothing about brawl, and that just jump on the bandwagon.

Finch

Smash Lord
But we only got 17 new characters out of 39. Why couldn't this game be more like MvC2, with 50 characters and 6 usable ones?

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Wah wah no Ridley or Geno.

Hey, I didn't even want Wolf/ROB in at first but after seeing how they play they look awesome.

Anyone who cancelled their order or decided not to get the game because they didnt get 40+ characters are really stupid.

This game will be amazing, yes even without TEH GENOZ

True Fool

Smash Ace
Some people just got their hopes up way too high. I was disappointed for a little while about some characters, but after a couple of minutes of watching videos my disappointments seemed trivial.

Ike, Lucas, ZSS, Wolf and probably all the others are great newcomers that I can't wait to play as, and my old favorite Marth came back as well. After I realized this, I forgot my disappointments entirely.

But we only got 17 new characters out of 39. Why couldn't this game be more like MvC2, with 50 characters and 6 usable ones?
One of the largest bottom-tier sections I've seen in a fighting game. Not to mention the Roll-tier. There is such a thing as too many characters believe it or not. Maybe we could have gotten three or four more, but I think what we have is just fine. :EDIT: Oh, you were joking. I missed "6 usable ones" right there. Too true.

CreamPuffDoom

Smash Apprentice
Now if only my copy could ship off ;)

Anyway, its the roster that people are disappointed in. You can't please everyone and even I have to admit the roster is a bit safe. But that is only one aspect of the game and everything else is lining up good, so more copies for the people who want them.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Yes. Everyone. In fact I hate Brawl so much I am not canceling my preorder just so I can get the game, break the disk, and post the video on youtube.

[/sarcasm]

Seriously though, I can't possibly imagine someone canceling their preorder or not getting the game over the roster...

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
everyone HATES their imagination since they havent played it.
they hate it because they're spoilt. waaah! i want more!
shut the freak up.

Equinox076

Smash Apprentice
to be honest, i was a little dissapointed with the roster at first. (Though I never considered not buying the game)

After seeing the wolf, toon link, robot and ganondorf in action, I quite like them. add to that the SSE, new and returning stages, stage builder, and EPIC music selection, this game is truly going to be great.

BTW, the majority of people who truly hate the game basically 'live' on sites like smashboards, and make up a very small percentage of the population of smashers. (probably 1 hater for every 1000 people who buy this game)

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Well thankfully we don't have to play those ***** online. If they complain about the good roster, they have no right to play Brawl.

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
I personally don't hate brawl, and I love the roster. The only thing I'm pissed about is how its been noobified so new players don't get 4 stocked left and right. I'll still play it for sure tho. But its not gonna change the fact that the competitive community got a MASSIVE cold shoulder and middle finger. :ohwell:

True Fool

Smash Ace
I personally don't hate brawl, and I love the roster. The only thing I'm pissed about is how its been noobified so new players don't get 4 stocked left and right. I'll still play it for sure tho. But its not gonna change the fact that the competitive community got a MASSIVE cold shoulder and middle finger. :ohwell:
I wouldn't say that. I'm glad that chain-throwing is out, it was too easy. Wavedashing I kind of miss, just because it was a cool spacer. At first I thought the auto-sweetspot was terrible, but I realized that it's pretty much our new edgehog since we can't backwards wavedash for it anymore. And so far I like the new air-dodging, still being mobile after it and all.

I don't think it got too much simpler, but I am glad that it did just a little. I have so many friends who play Melee with me, and it takes sooooo long to teach them anything. It was really just impossible for them to catch up. And while I like boosting my ego with their carcasses, I'm not getting any better by beating them.

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
I wouldn't say that. I'm glad that chain-throwing is out, it was too easy. Wavedashing I kind of miss, just because it was a cool spacer. At first I thought the auto-sweetspot was terrible, but I realized that it's pretty much our new edgehog since we can't backwards wavedash for it anymore. And so far I like the new air-dodging, still being mobile after it and all.

I don't think it got too much simpler, but I am glad that it did just a little. I have so many friends who play Melee with me, and it takes sooooo long to teach them anything. It was really just impossible for them to catch up. And while I like boosting my ego with their carcasses, I'm not getting any better by beating them.
Well wavedashing and stuff I can deal without, I play 64 regularly. (considered one of the best players if I can toot my own horn ^_^) And thats just a game of fast cancels and spacing. :p L-cancels are the only thing I'm really gonna miss. I feel that was a personal shot from Nintendo
about "fair game play for everyone" blah blah. :)

True Fool

Smash Ace
Well wavedashing and stuff I can deal without, I play 64 regularly. (considered one of the best players if I can toot my own horn ^_^) And thats just a game of fast cancels and spacing. :p L-cancels are the only thing I'm really gonna miss. I feel that was a personal shot from Nintendo
about "fair game play for everyone" blah blah. :)
L-cancelling is still kind of there. It sounds a little annoying to do it though. The only thing I didn't like about L-cancelling was that it seemed like a quick chain for fast characters, while it was simply the thing that made heavier characters playable at all. I'd really rather them just make the heavier characters have less lag on ariel landings, but I guess they just don't think that way :/

It seems like some people are still having a decent time short-hopping most ariels, I don't know if they're doing the new L-cancell or not though.

By the way, if you don't mind my asking, what was your pro name for SSB64? Or do you mean that you beat all of your friends at it? It's pretty difficult to measure a lot of pros of the 64 game, because most of them are playing against Isai, and well, you know. I've never seen a video of him losing, and also I've never seen him pick Yoshi. He'll pick Link and Samus but not Yoshi :(

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
The game is faaaar less of a disappointment than Melee was in its time, and that game is still considered by many to be amazing. There's no way in hell that you'll hear me saying I hate the game just because a couple characters I wanted in didn't make it in. Guess they'll just have to wait until the inevitable fourth Smash to put in Ridley, Little Mac, Geno, Goroh, etc.

Heh, I can see people complaining about how 'X' character not making it into the next Smash will ruin it the entire game.

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
L-cancelling is still kind of there. It sounds a little annoying to do it though. The only thing I didn't like about L-cancelling was that it seemed like a quick chain for fast characters, while it was simply the thing that made heavier characters playable at all. I'd really rather them just make the heavier characters have less lag on ariel landings, but I guess they just don't think that way :/

It seems like some people are still having a decent time short-hopping most ariels, I don't know if they're doing the new L-cancell or not though.

By the way, if you don't mind my asking, what was your pro name for SSB64? Or do you mean that you beat all of your friends at it? It's pretty difficult to measure a lot of pros of the 64 game, because most of them are playing against Isai, and well, you know. I've never seen a video of him losing, and also I've never seen him pick Yoshi. He'll pick Link and Samus but not Yoshi :(
XD I'm just known as Marth around the 64 community. I play mainly online. :p I don't like to toss names around as to whom I can beat. But I can beat everyone within the top ranking save for isai. Though I have pissed him off a couple times enough into leaving matches. Hahah

Top Bottom