• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Every throw insta KO. (copying what I put on reddit)

KinGly

Smash Journeyman
Edit 2:
I should mention that this happened originally with a download from the media fire mirror then again from the other download. When I get home from class I'm gonna try the backless method.

Edit thanks to Miryafa :)

Title of the bug: Every throw insta-KO
Version found in: 3.6 homebrew
Hardware you are running: White wii
Loading Method: cfg loader
Custom content: none
Details:
To reproduce: grab, then input a direction. The opponent instantly loses their stock.

Several notable points:
  • When I threw left, right, or down, the opponent died at the top-left corner, but when I threw up, they died at the top right corner. However, the results were inconsistent depending on stage and character (for others it was usually the top corner in the direction they were facing)
  • If the opponent escapes the grab through mashing, they don't die
  • Of the command grabs that I remember testing, Ganon's and bowsers side b have this effect, but Falcons up b does not
  • Following one Kirby swallow on Bowser, I noticed Bowser's picture appearing in the top left corner (as if he was off-screen) for an instant before he returned to the stage with the normal physics.
  • Doing Up-throw and Back-throw (as Zelda) in the Training Room stage did not cause stock loss, but instead put the opponents above the screen, as though doing the Link Boomerang glitch, except they didn't come down (after 30 seconds). Pausing the game and viewing them with L/R showed their character stretched up and down, as though some of the bones were at different vertical heights. This also happened on corneria 64 and temple when I was positioned with a wall/ceiling at an angle when I threw my opponent. I believe it was 45 degrees but the direction is inconstant.
  • If you pause partway through the grab and hit R to look at your opponent, the camera will zoom off the stage and stare at a black void. I believe that the throw release points are set super far off for some reason, but that's inconsistent with the walls having any effect
Original post:
I downloaded 3.6 homebrew and every throw insta KOs now. The only times it wont KO is when there is a ceiling at a certain angle (I still don't know what), but the opponent will be sent super far above the stage and above the blastzones if thats possible. I can find them by hitting R on the pause menu so it looks at them but they're glitched out horribly, like nightmare inducing glitched. I've already redownloaded and reinstalled twice and wanted to check if anyone else is having this problem. It's late here and I've got class tomorrow but please leave suggestions cause I don't know what to do.

Last edited:

Miryafa

Smash Apprentice
Can confirm, happens to me too.

I'm glad Zelda's throw got a buff, but...

Edit: To give it a good bug reporting format (That I hope KinGly puts in the OP):
Hardware you are running: Black wii
Details:
To reproduce: grab, then input a direction. The opponent instantly loses their stock.

Several notable points:
  • When I threw left, right, or down, the opponent died at the top-left corner, but when I threw up, they died at the top right corner. However, the results were inconsistent depending on stage and character (for others it was usually the top corner in the direction they were facing)
  • Command grabs also cause this, depending:
  • Ganondorf, Bowser, Lucario and M2 all do this with their side-B
  • Lucario's side-B does this both aerial and grounded, charged and not
  • Diddy's side-B doesn't do this
  • Kirby's swallow does this if they mash out, but not if you ingest (press Down) or spit them out (they have the normal effect)
  • DDD's swallow doesn't do this (it has the normal effect)
  • Following one Kirby swallow on Bowser, I noticed Bowser's picture appearing in the top left corner (as if he was off-screen) for an instant before he returned to the stage with the normal physics.
  • Doing Up-throw and Back-throw (as Zelda) in the Training Room stage did not cause stock loss, but instead put the opponents above the screen, as though doing the Link Boomerang glitch, except they didn't come down (after 30 seconds). Pausing the game and viewing them with L/R showed their character stretched up and down, as though some of the bones were at different vertical heights.

Last edited:

KinGly

Smash Journeyman
Can confirm, happens to me too.

I'm glad Zelda's throw got a buff, but...

Edit: To give it a good bug reporting format (That I hope KinGly puts in the OP):
Hardware you are running: Black wii
Details:

Several notable points:
  • Command grabs also cause this, depending:
  • Ganondorf, Bowser, Lucario and M2 all do this with their side-B
  • Lucario's side-B does this both aerial and grounded, charged and not
  • Diddy's side-B doesn't do this
  • Kirby's swallow does this if they mash out, but not if you ingest (press Down) or spit them out (they have the normal effect)
  • DDD's swallow doesn't do this (it has the normal effect)
  • Doing Up-throw and Back-throw (as Zelda) in the Training Room stage did not cause stock loss, but instead put the opponents above the screen, as though doing the Link Boomerang glitch, except they didn't come down (after 30 seconds). Pausing the game and viewing them with L/R showed their character stretched up and down, as though some of the bones were at different vertical heights.
Thanks for making that. I copied it into the op with a few of my own notes

Miryafa

Smash Apprentice
And I did, then replied. That makes 3 reinstalls and 2 downloads. It's consistently happening

Last edited:

KinGly

Smash Journeyman
So I've always used minima launcher in homebrew. When I used the normal PM launcher it worked fine. That's kinda annoying as the Project: M launcher fails a lot for me, but at least it's playable

Miryafa

Smash Apprentice
I tried USB loader GX too, and the glitch still occurs. Here's a video example: https://youtu.be/8GAEkN5R4HI

Update: Solved with the suggestion from another thread. I was using OSSleepThread to load, and switching to AXNextFrame solved the problem. Thanks for the help, all!

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
Similar issue. Actually it's the exact same issue. Loading with ML 1.2 and vBrawl DVD. Reinstalled. Did not reformat because I have other mods (do not collide with PM because ML's d-pad GCT loading) installed (Brawl Minus, Minus Zeus). Could it be a similar cause like this one?:
So I've always used minima launcher in homebrew. When I used the normal PM launcher it worked fine. That's kinda annoying as the Project: M launcher fails a lot for me, but at least it's playable

Last edited:
Top Bottom