• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Every song confirmed!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
In speaking of M&L. How come Superstar saga (the very first game that started it all, also the most well received) doesn't get a single track in any Smash games? Really weird. :/
euh...it wouldn't change that much for me (I found superstar saga mostly not appealing, but there's 2 tracks that could get in which are boss battle and the beach theme).

But take this into perspective, I could list dozens of music for first 3 games of Paper Mario (not gonna lie, it's actually most of them :) ).

Like, it's not the only case and there's several others. others seems to surprinsingly be good choices like ac nl 7pm...I loved that music, but got mind blown to hear it in ssb4.

Like, it's just globally inconsistent. That is why i question this a lot.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
The soundtrack is phenomenal, as always, but there are definitely a few sour spots.

Personally I'm bummed that there are no FE remixes from Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, or Awakening, given that they're the 3 most recent new titles. The remixes are all super retro and JPN-only, outside of the one Sacred Stones part in the Meeting medley. Even ignoring that, though, the songs they picked to rip straight from FE are really odd. I'll give them that maybe Don't Speak Her Name is too slow and sad for fighting music (*cough* just like Midna's Lament *cough*) , but why no Destiny (Ablaze)? And even more horrendously, there's no Beauty is a Mad Mistress! Also, we still have the PoR versions of songs like Against the Dark Knight and Power-Hungry Fool, when Radiant Dawn had better synthesized versions of the exact same songs. It's just confusing. They did manage to bring The Devoted over, though, so I guess there's that.

I can't pretend to be as bummed as DK fans, though. The ripped Returns music is cool, but I was hoping for some Tropical Freeze music, and I don't even play DK! Seashore War or Scorch 'N' Torch would have been spectacular.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Why do people always complain about what they don't have instead of being excited for what they have?

There's thousands of songs that would be awesome to have, but we're never going to get them all. Why not focus on the awesome music that we did get? For me the soundtrack is amazing. Even if a bunch of it is returning from Brawl, Brawl had an amazing soundtrack as well. In my mind, you take something amazing and add more amazing things, that makes it even better, not somehow a disappointment...

ChrisP4

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christian.P4
3DS FC
5284-1444-6964
Fountain of Dreams got me the most into a battle, I swear I played 100 times better when I'd here the song. Sakurai, please bring back Fountain of Dreams, that's is all.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
Why do people always complain about what they don't have instead of being excited for what they have?

There's thousands of songs that would be awesome to have, but we're never going to get them all. Why not focus on the awesome music that we did get? For me the soundtrack is amazing. Even if a bunch of it is returning from Brawl, Brawl had an amazing soundtrack as well. In my mind, you take something amazing and add more amazing things, that makes it even better, not somehow a disappointment...
Believe me, people are very excited about the game's soundtrack. It's an awesome Greatest Hits list. And the sheer volume is staggering. What you're seeing here is a combination of nitpicks (like my post), and the fact that people who love the songs aren't posting because they don't have much to say. The topic where the new remixes were first posted/compiled is filled with glowing praise. This topic just has a full list of songs, and most of the unlockable songs are straight rips, so it's more of a deconfirmation list than anything. Thus, disappointed people posting here.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Believe me, people are very excited about the game's soundtrack. It's an awesome Greatest Hits list. And the sheer volume is staggering. What you're seeing here is a combination of nitpicks (like my post), and the fact that people who love the songs aren't posting because they don't have much to say. The topic where the new remixes were first posted/compiled is filled with glowing praise. This topic just has a full list of songs, and most of the unlockable songs are straight rips, so it's more of a deconfirmation list than anything. Thus, disappointed people posting here.
Makes sense, I can see people being disappointed when songs they like/want are deconfirmed (R.I.P. Fountain of Dreams). I just hate the trend I see where people seem geared to nitpick things to death instead of just enjoying them for what they are. That applies to all sorts of things, not just games.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Also, the lack of a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Medley is astounding, especially since it's probably the biggest Pokemon spin-off series.
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon gets indeed treated as it never ever existed... I blame IGN.:troll:
Though seriously the series is great (At the very least PMD1 and PMD2, especially the latter <3). Sad it doesn't get Smash represenation, but it could be because the developers are third party.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Makes sense, I can see people being disappointed when songs they like/want are deconfirmed (R.I.P. Fountain of Dreams). I just hate the trend I see where people seem geared to nitpick things to death instead of just enjoying them for what they are. That applies to all sorts of things, not just games.
It's easier to complain, after all :awesome:

I have some complaints too, but it's nothing over all the great songs we have.

I'll just miss Checker Knights, Ai no Uta, Mona Pizza and Sonic Boom. And for new tracks, it's a shame we don't have Lighting Battle from Kid Icarus Uprising and some Zelda Ganondorf theme (beside the one part put in Song of Storms)

But for returning tracks, I'm so glad to see again Boss Battle 2 (Brawl), Power Hungry Fool, Main Theme (Super Mario 64), Title (The Legend of Zelda), Shotgun Kiss and Vs Marx to name a few.
And the new songs are not bad either! Fated Battle, Yuga Battle, Luigi's Mansion Medley, Style Savvy, Destroyed Skyworld, Bubblegum KK, Attack (Soma Bringer), King Dedede's Theme V2...

This OST beat easily Brawl's OST. Of course, most from this game returns, but... It's way better.

Oh, also, Trophies theme from Melee for the menus makes this OST perfect.

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
Damn, I was hoping for more Mega Man music. I love the remixes that are in the game...but I was really crossing my fingers for a remix of Snake Man's stage. A couple of remixes from Mega Man 4-6 would have been nice too.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Great soundtrack....really it is but notice how DK is the only franchise to get 100 remixes of the same one song! You gotta be kidding me! David Wise deserves to have his music used or remixed in the new Smash!

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
For reference, this document (formatted similarly to a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet) has a good list of Wii U music.. (hoping to dig up the 3DS list later). Apparently, the "true" count is currently 442+ songs...at least 1 song, the "Opening" (showcased in the E3 2013 trailer) doesn't show up in the Sound Test..

Some statistics from that document, although I'm not sure of the specifics of the wording (currently preliminary):
Original = 171
New Original = 30
New Remix = 101
Brawl Remix = 111
Melee Remix = 25
SSB64 Remix = 2
Original tracks not from previous games = 107
Tracks returning from previous games = 202

I might edit this post later; I have a lot of opinions about the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U music list. Although I love that it's a vast improvement over the 3DS version's music list and is overall a marvelous, much-appreciated, exemplary collection of videogame music, there are a few odd omissions..

Initial Remark: about November 24, 2014 "Picture of the Day" for Super Smash Bros. 4 (related to the Sound Test - comments about "Corneria" naming issue, "Johto battle theme medley" naming issue).

General remarks:
-The music options for the menu of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U being visible as choices were quite the spectacle. Aside from the default theme (glad to hear that it got enhanced), the inclusion of both of Super Smash Bros. Melee's menu themes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl's primary menu theme was excellent. "How To Play (Melee)" seems more fitting for the How To Play videos, but whatever. The "Trophy Gallery" music from Super Smash Bros. Brawl was quite surprising...it feels like I'm at a shop or in an elevator. XD The "Trophy Gallery" music from Super Smash Bros. Melee was even more surprising...I don't recall hearing it explicitly and I probably wouldn't use it as menu music, it's a very relaxing song and players seem to be approving its inclusion.
--"Online Practice Stage (Brawl)" is where things get murky/disappointing. I felt that song fits strictly on the "Practice stage/training stage" from Super Smash Bros. Brawl, not as menu music! Also, its inclusion means that the "Super Smash Bros. Brawl main theme melody" makes up most of the menu options (3 out of 7, while just 1 version of the actual Super Smash Bros. 4 main theme melody is available!). This instance was the perfect opportunity to revive usage of the classic Super Smash Bros. 64 "Character Select" music! Despite seeming "out of date" compared to a lot of the other orchestral instrumentation in Super Smash Bros. 4, that track was part of what started it all, and it's just disheartening to see it miss making the cut for menu theme options. I'm glad that it inspires the melody for the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U results screen, but a full-fledged return of that track would have been awesome.
-I really wish that the Wii U version of Super Smash Bros. 4 had all of the 3DS music.. This "intentional exclusivity" thing, although somewhat understandable, is bugging me...let the 3DS have as much as it can, and maximize the amount that the Wii U version has!
-Why is the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Opening not in the Sound Test? That seems like a no-brainer... The thing that bugs me about that song is that a large part of it seems similar to the "Super Smash Bros. 4 Battlefield theme", but there are enough differences so that each song is its own entity, particularly noticeable with the opening.. Although I like how the 'opening' has more of a sense of 'finality' to it, I'd prefer to just have 1 jam-packed song with all of the unique elements, or at least have the Battlefield version sound a bit more distinct..
-The music for Super Smash Bros. Melee's Fountain of Dreams stage...is gone? :crying: "Battlefield (Melee)" is gone, too?! :cry: The latter would've worked great on Super Smash Bros. 4's Final Destination..
-Good riddance with "Multi-Man Melee 1".. :bee: The true, beautiful "Multi-Man Melee 2" theme takes it mantle! I have no idea how the former was included over the latter track in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, particularly when "Vs. Tabuu" already samples one of the notable and cooler-sounding melodies of "Multi-Man Melee 1".. Seriously, if you're going to pick one of them over the other, the choice is obvious (in my opinion :p)..
--In particular, the introductory portion of "Multi-Man Melee 1" really turned me off, and the wailing, straining guitars that attempt to painfully imitate Super Smash Bros. Melee's opening theme didn't help, either... I felt that "Vs. Tabuu" did a much better implementation with that guitar melody that begins at 0:18.
--However, the "background guitars" part from 1:09 to 1:16 of "Multi-Man Melee 1" is just sublime; I hope it can be properly implemented in another remix.. :)
-I'm quite surprised that "Metal Battle" is back.. My opinion of that song did a complete 180°...it really seemed lacking and plain when I first heard it, unable to measure up to "Meta Crystal" from Super Smash Bros. 64, but it's grown on me in a favorable way...and it loops so well! :3

Universe-based remarks:
--Mario: A lot of people seem to be excited over that "Grand Finale" track from Mario & Luigi RPG 3: Bowser's Inside Story. :laugh: You'd think that the original, unremixed version (or at least the Super Smash Bros. 64 version) of "Ground Theme (Super Mario Bros. 1)" would have made it in the game, seeing as how iconic it is (practically videogaming's "national anthem"!). Yay, "Bob-omb Battlefield" from Super Mario 64 is back!
--Donkey Kong: Purportedly nine (9) "DK Island Swing" remixes? Seriously? :urg: I feel like that's such a large disservice to the amount of music that the Donkey Kong series has (particularly with David Wise apparently having a lot of well-received compositions)..? Despite having 3 "Jungle Level" remixes, I'm glad that Super Smash Bros. Brawl introduced me to more "DK music" aside from "Jungle Level/DK Island Swing" and "DK Rap".. The remixes of "Stickerbrush Symphony" and "King K. Rool/Ship Deck 2" rapidly became favorites; the former easily reminds me of Subspace Emissary. I'd like to see how "tribal style" and "jazz style" are pulled off... "Jungle Japes" was a great hybrid of the 2 styles, but forcing one of those two certain styles throughout the whole "Jungle Level" song seems like it would be weird.. :x
--Legend of Zelda: YES; the original version of "Gerudo Valley" returns! :) A shame that I can't couple the song with its proper stage, though (a dream I've had since Super Smash Bros. Brawl).. I heard a bit of the Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS "Gerudo Valley" remix, and it's the first time where the original version of a song is leagues better than the Super Smash Bros. remix.. :scared: Good to see that the "Hyrule Field" themes from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess returned, along with Brawl remixes of "Song of Storms", "Tal Tal Heights..er, Mountain Range", "Ocarina of Time Medley", "Hidden Mountain and Forest", and "Dark World" returning. I can't wait to hear the new "Dark World" remix! Not sure what warranted the need for one of the ballads of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword to have both the original version and a remix included; I'm hoping that they are distinct enough for each other. I was hoping for "Ballad of the Windfish", since it seems to be requested often and missed the cut for Super Smash Bros. Brawl.. So, "Hidden Village" of Twilight Princess returned...um, OK? :/ Yes, "Midna's Lament" returns! Although I pine for "Saria's Song" from Melee, the segment that I heard for the new remix was quite nice. :) Now, if only the "Termina: Great Bay" stage actually returned...
-Metroid: Most of the returning tracks seem great (particularly "Vs. Ridley", "Multiplayer (Metroid Prime 2)", "Vs. Meta Ridley", "Theme of Samus Aran, Space Warrior", and the Melee remix for "Brinstar Depths"), although did the plain-sounding "Vs. Parasite Queen" really need to return?
-F-Zero: All these "Mute City" tracks, yet Super Smash Bros. for Wii U can't get an actual "Mute City" stage or the actual "Port Town" theme from F-Zero GX? :( I'm glad that the Melee and Brawl remixes returned; here's hoping that the new SSB4 one shows promise. Good to see that "Fire Field", "Dream Chaser", and "Big Blue" returned from Brawl.
-Yoshi's Island: Good to see that "Obstacle Course", "Wildlands", and "Flower Field" returned (as well as the Melee track for that stage with the slanted pipe?). Even some Yoshi's Wooly World music gets to cameo! Phew, people had me scared that THIS track (title screen of Yoshi's New Island) made it in the game, when apparently the actual track (Main Theme of Yoshi's New Island) is different :dizzy: (if that had happened, that would have been horrible for all the other songs with better instrumentation that failed to make the cut XD)..
-Kirby: I hope these new remixes for "Green Greens" and "Butter Building" are worth it; I don't get what was wrong with the Melee and Brawl versions, respectively, that warranted more remixes of the same songs.. I can't wait to hear the "Great Cave Offensive" remix... Thank goodness that Brawl's "Gourmet Race" guitar remix, the "Meta Knight's Revenge" Brawl remix, and "02 Battle" (gasp! No more superscript?!) returned!
-Star Fox: I'm glad that I can properly play "Space Battleground" on the "(Beltino) Orbital Gate Assault" stage.. EXTREMELY irritated that the Brawl remix of "Main Theme (Star Fox 64)" cannot play on Lylat Cruise anymore; that combination was perfect! "Space Armada" doesn't quite fit for me on that stage and "Corneria" seems better suited for a stage that actually has the Corneria location prominently featured... Probably the most aggravating "stage+music mismatch" of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. :mad: This is why I support each stage playing all the songs of a given franchise, so I wouldn't have this problem..
-Pokemon: Ah, the one franchise where I'm familiar with a lot of the music! :laugh: The "Pokemon Gold/Silver battle theme medley" is my main jam, so I'm ecstatic to hear about its return (although the name, 'Pokemon Stadium 2', needs even more work now); it took me so long to find out news about it! "Dialga/Palkia Battle At Spear Pillar" was also a mainstay for me, although it's tragic that the "Spear Pillar" stage wasn't included. Glad to see that remixes for "Battle! VS Trainer (Kalos)" and "Battle! VS Reshiram/Zekrom" made the jump to the Wii U version of SSB4, and that the Brawl remixes for "Battle! VS Wild Pokemon (Sinnoh)" and "Battle! VS Team Galactic Grunt" also returned!
--Exactly whose idea was it to include "Battle! VS Wild Pokemon (Kalos)" over "Battle! VS Elite 4 (Kalos)" for the Kalos Pokemon League stage? The one track that that specific stage needs (particularly due to aesthetics and the stage's concept), and it's not included! :hulk: At least the Kalos Champion battle theme and the Kalos Victory Road themes are there; I'll see if they suffice.
---Also, uh... we still don't have a "Battle! VS Champion (Kanto)" remix? Possibly one of the most iconic Pokemon songs and arguably the one Pokemon song that gets remixed the most...? :glare:
---I'm glad that "Battle! VS Champion (Sinnoh)" got a remix, but I'm kind of worried...the reactions to it have been quite divisive so far... :x
---A shame that we didn't get a remix of "Dialga's Fight to the Finish" from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky; I've seen a lot of people requesting it!
---More Hoenn-based music would have been nice with Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire's coincidental presence...I mean, Pokemon Colosseum even has ready-to-use remixes available!
-Mother/EarthBound: YES; "Unfounded Revenge/Smashing Song of Praise" returns! Finally, Onett's actual theme gets a remix! A bit disappointed that I can't use the Magicant theme on the Magicant stage; it seems so fitting for the Wii U's visual and potential audio capabilities.
-Fire Emblem: Overjoyed that the classic "Fire Emblem medley" (a mainstay for me) made it in again, although I much prefer the Brawl instrumentation; the Melee instrumentation, while good, still seems lacking nowadays. A shame that "Destiny (Ablaze)" and "Divine Decree", both from Fire Emblem: Awakening, were omitted. Even worse is that some tracks apparently got truncated..? :( Loved most of the Brawl tracks, so it's fantastic to see their return.
(stopping here for now; more comments to be added later)

No tracks from Pokémon, Yoshi's Island, Star Fox, F-Zero, Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, Animal Crossing were cut, though in the case of Yoshi's Island and Pokémon, two Brawl songs were replaced by new remixes of the same songs.

Yep.

The title is a bit misleading, though. Could have named it "Gold/Silver Battle Medley" or something like that.
Could you clarify what you meant with "though in the case of Yoshi's Island and Pokémon, two Brawl songs were replaced by new remixes of the same songs.", please? At a glance on the Pokemon side of things, it looks like "Battle! VS Wild Pokemon (Sinnoh)" was remixed again instead of the Super Smash Bros. Brawl remix being brought back? I'm not seeing the 2nd Pokemon song and Yoshi's Island examples, though.. Thanks in advance!

Thanks for confirming the "Johto battle theme medley" identity...although the title could really use some work.

I wonder if there was copyright issues due to the new show/games. That could be why. I'll miss it, though.
"Copyright issues" doesn't seem like it should apply; I mean, Sega owns copyright for both songs, right? :laugh: And Sonic CD's "Sonic Boom" came first anyway, so the show should get the boot if it comes to that. XD But seriously, disappointed that "Sonic Boom" didn't return.. :( Even though I don't use it as stage background music anymore, "Sonic Boom" is a wonderful song to listen to.

The music in this game is great, no doubt. But it feels a little lacking. Like don't get me wrong, 400+ songs is stunning, but when a lot of that is either from Melee, Brawl, or the games they originated from, it becomes a little less impressive. Has anyone counted to see if there's less new music in this game than in Brawl? And while you could try and make the argument that there's only so much music they can remix, keep in mind the 9 DK Island Swing and 5 SMB Ground Theme tracks we got. Hopefully DLC or even Smash 5 gives us more variety in those franchises (and some music from the original Animal Crossing that's not a K.K. Slider song)
Can someone clarify the "9 DK Island Swing" remixes? I'm not too familiar with Donkey Kong Country, but based on my experiences with Super Smash Bros. remixes and going off of song names, there's at least:
-Jungle Level Jazz Style (new remix)
-Jungle Level Tribal Style (new remix)
-DK Island Swing Returns (ported from Donkey Kong Country Returns)
-Kongo Jungle 64 (old remix from Super Smash Bros. 64)
-Jungle Level, ver. 2 (old remix from Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
-did Super Smash Bros. Brawl's remix, known as "Jungle Level", return?
-the Nintendo 3DS version of Super Smash Bros. 4 had "Jungle Japes" (old remix from Super Smash Bros. Melee); not sure if it returned

..the Google Docs spreadsheet I linked to and this thread's first post seem to be conflicting in terms of Donkey Kong tracks...

Warning: Lots of text ~snip~
Thank you! (This should have been done to begin with, to be honest - no need to redirect me to another website just to read some more text. :laugh: This amount of text for the list seems perfectly suitable for a spoilered forum post..)

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Amazing soundtrack, but I don't think it beats my initial reaction to Brawl's soundtrack.

There's just too many missed opportunities, missing songs, too many remixes of a certain song, or lack of remixes for me to place it above. Though I will give credit for finally giving FE4/5 games some slight love in Medleys, and that there is FINALLY something from Wario Land.*

*Though I'm still bugged that we got a Game & Wario stage instead of something from Shake It, and that Sakurai removed Wario's Shoulder Bash F-Smash.

EDIT: Noticed that there's a Bravoman Medley on Pac-Land. :cool:

Last edited:

VoidRaider

Smash Rookie
I'm surprised anyone can complain about this soundtrack when we have this:
I mean it's just so good that nothing else at all matters.

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
It'd be nice if we got some actual good Sonic music. But nah, let's cut Sonic Boom, while keeping Seven Rings in Hand, of all ****ing songs.
ROLLIN' AROUND AT THE SPEED OF SOUND!
GOT PLACES TO GO GOTTA FOLLOW MY RAINBOW!

Did anyone notice the Diamond/Pearl battle theme remix on Pokemon Stadium 2? Diamond was my first Pokemon game (or just first game ever) and I love it.

Weldar

Smash Cadet
Can someone clarify the "9 DK Island Swing" remixes?
By count you have; Jungle Level, Jungle Level Jazz Style, Jungle Hijinx and Swinger Flinger in the Jungle Hijinx Stage and Kongo Jungle (64), Jungle Level Tribal Style and Jungle Level Version 2 on Kongo Jungle 64 which makes 7. With Jungle Japes on 3ds making 8. I'm not really sure where the 9th comes from.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I won't ***** about what songs aren't there like the rest of you, though I'm sad Chaos (Ablaze), Planet Wisp, and Hisstocrat Battle are all overlooked.
The soundtrack is pretty damn great regardless.
My ONE AND ONLY complaint is why the **** is Mushroom Gorge there?!?! That's possibly the worst song from the pile of absolute ass that is Mario Kart Wii's soundtrack.

BriefCasey795

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AwesomeCasey
3DS FC
4382-2575-1384
The Final Dest. theme from the first game didn't make it...Not only is this a huge shame, but am I the only one who REALLY WANTED that song in there? I mean, it would have been epic to have all 3 past Final Dest themes in the same game, but once again, they omit in my opinion the best FD theme while still keeping the other two...*sigh*

I guess all we can hope for is a DLC addition.

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Apparently the Super Mario Galaxy credits track got truncated; can't say that I'm surprised. At least from what I've heard so far, the cut parts weren't that noticeable.

Also, having actually heard it now, Butter Building v.2 is officially my least favorite rendition of the tune to date (and its version of Vegetable Valley is even worse); even Kirby's Avalanche got the feel of the tune better. Thankfully, most of the rest of the new remixes are at least decent; I really like the Great Cave Offensive one (lack of Cocoa Cave notwithstanding).

the8thark

Smash Lord
Add in:

• Bramble Scramble
  • Black Ice Battle
  • Mining Melancholy / Windy Well
  • Web Woods
Four of my favourite DK IP music. I get your point though 100% and I agree.
What was that one? Is it from DKC3? Oh, I also forgot ****ing Punch Bowl.
All four of them I listed are from DKC2. And those are my favourite stages with their relevant music.
The 2nd one you are not sure about is the ice cavern type stages in DKC2. The Black Ice Battle stage is in the secret world you have to pay coins to enter. The other 2 ice stages are in the K.Rool's Keep world.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Based on the chart above, and only using songs that play on Vs. stages

2 songs ported from Smash 64
31 songs ported from Melee
156 songs ported from Brawl

105 new direct ports for Wii U
111 new remixes or originals for Wii U
216 total new songs
Thank you very much for this. Much appreciated.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Could you clarify what you meant with "though in the case of Yoshi's Island and Pokémon, two Brawl songs were replaced by new remixes of the same songs.", please? At a glance on the Pokemon side of things, it looks like "Battle! VS Wild Pokemon (Sinnoh)" was remixed again instead of the Super Smash Bros. Brawl remix being brought back? I'm not seeing the 2nd Pokemon song and Yoshi's Island examples, though.. Thanks in advance!

Thanks for confirming the "Johto battle theme medley" identity...although the title could really use some work.
What I basically said is that the songs "Yoshi's Island" from Yoshi's Island and "Wild Pokémon Battle" from Diamond / Pearl were songs in Brawl that have returned, but have new remixes for this game instead of re-using the Brawl versions.

Can someone clarify the "9 DK Island Swing" remixes? I'm not too familiar with Donkey Kong Country, but based on my experiences with Super Smash Bros. remixes and going off of song names, there's at least:
-Jungle Level Jazz Style (new remix)
-Jungle Level Tribal Style (new remix)
-DK Island Swing Returns (ported from Donkey Kong Country Returns)
-Kongo Jungle 64 (old remix from Super Smash Bros. 64)
-Jungle Level, ver. 2 (old remix from Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
-did Super Smash Bros. Brawl's remix, known as "Jungle Level", return?
-the Nintendo 3DS version of Super Smash Bros. 4 had "Jungle Japes" (old remix from Super Smash Bros. Melee); not sure if it returned
The versions of DK Island Swing are:
- Kongo Jungle from Smash 64 (also on the 3DS version as the main song for Jungle Japes, meaning the Jungle Japes music from Melee doesn't return for Smash 4 at all)
- Jungle Level from Brawl
- Jungle Level Ver. 2 from Brawl
- Two new remixes: Jungle Level Jazz Style and Jungle Level Tribal Style
- The version from Donkey Kong Country Returns
- The version from Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

A total of 7 versions.

As for truncated songs, all songs originally with over 3 minutes of looping time were shortened to fit the time restriction. This includes some songs from previous Smash Bros. games.

Glottis

Smash Cadet
no puzzle plank galaxy.
No Puzzle Plank Galaxy?
NO PUZZLE PLANK GALAXY?!!

I would post an appropriate wtf picture to go along with it but i don't think it's allowed...

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Am I the only one that loves the remix of Cynthia's theme from Diamond/Pearl? It is a calm and beautiful song, instead of the intense one from the original. I love when they take the songs to a whole different road, like when they turned the Tetris theme into a scary song and when they turned the boss battle song from Super Mario World into mexican music.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Am I the only one that loves the remix of Cynthia's theme from Diamond/Pearl? It is a calm and beautiful song, instead of the intense one from the original. I love when they take the songs to a whole different road, like when they turned the Tetris theme into a scary song and when they turned the boss battle song from Super Mario World into mexican music.
I think Cynthia's theme has intensity. It's more subdued given the different musical genre, but it's there. The remix also fits the stage very well.

And yeah, I like the more experimental remixes. They bring some variety while retaining familiarity. Props to King Dedede Ver. 2 with its use of traditional Japanese instruments along with the ones you're mentioned.

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
By count you have; Jungle Level, Jungle Level Jazz Style, Jungle Hijinx and Swinger Flinger in the Jungle Hijinx Stage and Kongo Jungle (64), Jungle Level Tribal Style and Jungle Level Version 2 on Kongo Jungle 64 which makes 7. With Jungle Japes on 3ds making 8. I'm not really sure where the 9th comes from.
What I basically said is that the songs "Yoshi's Island" from Yoshi's Island and "Wild Pokémon Battle" from Diamond / Pearl were songs in Brawl that have returned, but have new remixes for this game instead of re-using the Brawl versions.

The versions of DK Island Swing are:
- Kongo Jungle from Smash 64 (also on the 3DS version as the main song for Jungle Japes, meaning the Jungle Japes music from Melee doesn't return for Smash 4 at all)
- Jungle Level from Brawl
- Jungle Level Ver. 2 from Brawl
- Two new remixes: Jungle Level Jazz Style and Jungle Level Tribal Style
- The version from Donkey Kong Country Returns
- The version from Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

A total of 7 versions.

As for truncated songs, all songs originally with over 3 minutes of looping time were shortened to fit the time restriction. This includes some songs from previous Smash Bros. games.
Thank you both for the "DK Island Swing" clarification. So, at present, we have 7 songs:

- "DK Island Swing / Jungle Level (Kongo Jungle N64)" {Super Smash Bros. 64 remix}
- "Jungle Level" {Super Smash Bros. Brawl remix}
- "Jungle Level Ver. 2" {Super Smash Bros. Brawl remix}
- "Jungle Level - Jazz Style" {Super Smash Bros. for Wii U remix}
- "Jungle Level - Tribal Style" {Super Smash Bros. for Wii U remix}
- "Jungle Hijinx (DK Island Swing Returns)" {Donkey Kong Country Returns remix}
- "Swinger Flinger (Secret Temple 1 (DK Island Swing Returns))" {Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze remix}

..Correct? (Song names are in quotation marks; alternate song names are in normal parentheses "( )" within the quotation marks; the origins of each remix are in curly parentheses at the end of each line "{ }")

It looks like the aforementioned Google Docs document needs editing, as "Jungle Level" (as in, the first "DK Island Swing" remix that Super Smash Bros. Brawl introduced, arranged by Kentaro Ishizaka - confirmed to be in the game) needs adding (the Google Docs list currently erroneously attributes Super Smash Bros. Brawl's "Jungle Level (version 2)" to Kentaro Ishizaka, when Motoi Sakuraba actually arranged it). Also, it appears that the "Jungle Hijinx (DK Island Swing Returns)" music from Donkey Kong Country Returns is listed twice..? Anyone know if Komodo_Zero of Reddit (the person who started the aforementioned Google Docs document) is on Smashboards?

I'm quite surprised that "Jungle Japes" (the "Jungle Level (DK Island Swing)" remix that Super Smash Bros. Melee introduced for the Jungle Japes stage) isn't in either iteration of Super Smash Bros. 4... Why did they bring the stage back in the 3DS version of Super Smash Bros. 4 and not the proper 'Jungle Japes' music?

@ Frostwraith Frostwraith , thanks for clarifying. So I'm presuming that, per the Google Docs information, the new version of "Battle! VS Wild Pokemon (Hoenn)" is arranged by Koji Hayama instead of Shogo Sakai? The list in this thread's original post mentioned that the Brawl version had returned, so I'm a bit confused...
As for the "Yoshi's Island" ordeal, I think I see what you mean now - Noriyuki Iwadare's version (a remix that originated in Super Smash Bros. Brawl) got replaced with Yoshihito Yano's version (a remix originating in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U). Sigh...I think I like the Brawl version better..

A shame that songs got truncated in Super Smash Bros. 4 (apparently, the 3DS version of "Kongo Jungle N64 / DK Island Swing" had the introduction reduced so that there are now fewer drum beats).. Somebody said that a lot of songs seem to have "finale"-ish moments between 2 to 3 minutes (coinciding with the usual length of Time matches), so that might be a possible rationale.. But honestly, if there's enough space on the disk and there aren't any "rights issues" or anything; the developers might as well include the full versions of songs.. I mean, shortening the DK Rap to exclude Lanky Kong and Chunky Kong is just a travesty.. :( Seriously, given the amount of times I've seen Lanky Kong's part of "HE HAS NO STYLE, HE HAS NO GRACE. THIS KONG HAS A FUNNY FACE." pop up in random threads on the Super Smash Bros. subreddit, you would think the whole thing would show up in Super Smash Bros. 4. :laugh:

----------------------------------------

It would be great if someone could post a message with the "all songs unlocked" message+timestamp (to my knowledge, in Brawl, you could review past unlock messages along with timestamps in the "Notices" area) in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U message and scroll through the unlocked songs so that everything can be straightened out once and for all.. :laugh:

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@ F fenyx4 Whoa, long post, but you really sweat out the details. Nice.

Indeed, there are 7 versions of Jungle Level, exactly as you stated. Brawl's Ver. 1 is by Kentaro Ishizaka and Ver. 2 is by Motoi Sakuraba.

The Hoenn Wild Pokémon battle theme (from Pokémon Ruby / Sapphire) is the Brawl remix, arranged by Shogo Sakai, not Koji Hayama.

However, the Sinnoh Wild Pokémon battle theme from Pokémon Diamond / Pearl is a new remix, arranged by Koji Hayama. For reference, the Brawl remix was done by Yuka Tsujiyoko.

As for Yoshi's Island, you got everything right.

And yeah, I agree with you on the truncated songs. There's really no reason other than having them last the same amount as a normal time match. It's musical direction and a questionable one at that.

Last edited:

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
@ F fenyx4 Whoa, long post, but you really sweat out the details. Nice.

Indeed, there are 7 versions of Jungle Level, exactly as you stated. Brawl's Ver. 1 is by Kentaro Ishizaka and Ver. 2 is by Motoi Sakuraba.

The Hoenn Wild Pokémon battle theme (from Pokémon Ruby / Sapphire) is the Brawl remix, arranged by Shogo Sakai, not Koji Hayama.

However, the Sinnoh Wild Pokémon battle theme from Pokémon Diamond / Pearl is a new remix, arranged by Koji Hayama. For reference, the Brawl remix was done by Yuka Tsujiyoko.

As for Yoshi's Island, you got everything right.

And yeah, I agree with you on the truncated songs. There's really no reason other than having them last the same amount as a normal time match. It's musical direction and a questionable one at that.
Haha, thanks; I strive for clarity and thoroughness if possible/when time permits. :laugh:

As for the abundance of "Jungle Level / DK Island Swing"...yeah, they really should have focused more on other songs. Honestly, I would have been fine with just "Jungle Level, version 1" and "Jungle Level, version 2" from Super Smash Bros. Brawl... I guess "Kongo Jungle N64" needs to come back due to the stage itself being back, although I feel like Brawl's Jungle Level fulfilled the same purpose in a better way. If the actual Jungle Hijinx level naturally has no other songs in Donkey Kong Country Returns aside from "Jungle Hijinxs (DK Island Swing Returns)", I guess its inclusion is warranted. I'll hold judgment for the "Jazz Style" and "Tribal Style" remixes of "Jungle Level", but the concept just doesn't sit well with me - 2 remixes of different Donkey Kong songs would have worked quite well. I don't mind porting music from Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, but surely there's something else that's usable than another "Jungle Level" remix? >_> At this rate, I would honestly be content if we never got another Super Smash Bros. remix of "Jungle Level" ever again - the Brawl versions were excellent, and in my opinion, the only other warranted ones are the remixes for "Kongo Jungle N64" and "Jungle Japes" (by virtue of being the sole option on their original stages)..

Ah, so this thread's original post was correct in that the "Sinnoh Wild Pokemon battle theme" was remixed..! In that case, the Google Docs document currently needs to update the information for "Hoenn Wild Pokemon battle theme" (currently listed as a new remix by Koji Hayama) and "Sinnoh Wild Pokemon battle theme" (currently listed as the Brawl version by Yuka Tsujiyoko). I'm surprised that they actually removed a Yuka Tsujiyoko arrangement - I felt that everything she did in Brawl was chock full of excellence! I'm not sure why we needed a second remix of the "Sinnoh Wild Pokemon battle theme" (particularly since the Brawl version was great and I hardly see requests for that specific battle theme), but here's hoping that it turns out to be awesome nonetheless. If anything, Hoenn and Johto are the regions that needs more remixes. More glaringly, we still don't have a remix for "Battle! VS Champion (Kanto)" or even a port of "Battle! VS Elite 4 (Kalos)" (to fit the Kalos Pokemon League stage)..

Agreed; the musical direction for this game is just odd.. While the various returning tracks from Melee and Brawl are much appreciated along with the new remixes, aside from the bizarre temporal cuts and the "DK Island Swing" influx, we seem to have:
--a lot of duplicates (as in, a port of a given song coupled with a new remix of said song - Super Mario Galaxy's "Egg Planet" is an example)
--new remixes of not-too-popular-but-still-liked songs that had perfectly suitable Brawl counterparts
--stages without proper songs (Kalos Pokemon League being the prime example. On a 3DS-related note, Jungle Japes not actually having its original song)
--no new Sonic remixes (not sure if that's due to Sega's behest)
--the omission of fan-favorite requests
--Brawl-enhanced songs inexpicably going right back to their Melee versions (such as "Menu 2" and "Fire Emblem medley"), defeating the point of the minor alterations in the first place

..Granted, a lot of this is subjective. I'm wondering if we'll get more songs via downloadable content (DLC) (I would be grateful for the song inclusions, but I'm kind of getting annoyed at a lot of game content getting pinned to DLC nowadays)...

Knife Myths

Smash Journeyman
No Rhythm Heaven music? That's really odd, considering the various nods to it in the 3DS version. Maybe future stage DLC? Fingers crossed.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Where's the NintendoLand remix?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Where's the NintendoLand remix?
Nowhere. I speculate the Nintendoland song to appear on the Miiverse stage, but we have to wait and see.

Maybe the song was only for the 50 facts video too. After all, during the April Smash Direct, there was a Wii Fit song (Hula Hoop) unused in Smash 4 (but there's a remix).

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Nowhere. I speculate the Nintendoland song to appear on the Miiverse stage, but we have to wait and see.

Maybe the song was only for the 50 facts video too. After all, during the April Smash Direct, there was a Wii Fit song (Hula Hoop) unused in Smash 4 (but there's a remix).
Perhaps downloadable music?

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
The Colisseum theme from Fire Emblem, THEY FINALLY ACKNOWLEGED GENEALOGY OF WAR EXISTS!!!!! But why there is not the Blue theme from fire Red/ Leaf Green?! That's like the most fitting song for a fighting game like this! It's so fitting for this kind of things it gets remixed over and over just to be the song of the VGCs finals in the Pkmn games. At least they BOTHERED to make Cynthia's theme.

Last edited:

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
But why there is not the Blue theme from fire Red/ Leaf Green?! That's like the most fitting song for a fighting game like this! It's so fitting for this kind of things it gets remixed over and over just to be the song of the VGCs finals in the Pkmn games.
Ikr? It would fit so well for the Kalos Pokémon League stage. I'm surprised it has never been in ay Smash game yet.

Top Bottom