• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Every character that can go below stages in Smash 4

FSMellon

Smash Rookie
NNID
mellon1111
So I'm pretty new to SmashBoards, and I decided to make a grand entrance with some marvelous research. I present to you, all characters able that can go below in Smash 4 (Using certain Omega stages). For those who can't tell, going below stages is a strange technique where you try to get your character to the other side of the stage by going below it. After doing testing with all characters, here are the results.

Stage: Omega Rainbow Road/Smashville
No Customs
From the left ledge to the right ledge.
Difficulties are: Easy, Medium, Hard and Do not try this at home. (Do not try this at home=Too difficult to use effectively in a real match)

Please note that some of these may not work on omega stages with a triangle shape, such as Final Destination and Battlefield. Rainbow Road/Smashville were used because they have more room below the stage and walls that you can wall-jump off of more easily. The characters here will be sorted by their order on the character selection menu

Luigi: Reverse-jump off the stage and start charging your Side B. Release it and use your double jump when the attack finishes, then use Down B DIRECTLY after the jump to gain some more height. Finally, use your Up B to reach the ledge.
Difficulty: Do not try this at home

Peach: Fall facing the closest blastzone, reverse-hop in the air so you're still facing the same way and float to the other side by holding up, then use Up B when you're below the ledge.
Difficulty: Easy

Rosalina: Hop off the ledge and airdodge just as you're about to grab it while moving forward. Use your double jump when you're about in the middle of the stage, then use your Up B angled slightly to the right when you're somewhat below the ledge.
Difficulty: Medium

Larry Koopa (Cuz all the other Koopalings are skrubs): Fall while moving to the right, double jump, then use Side B. Jump cancel the move when you pass the middle and keep moving right, then use Up B once you're below the ledge.

Wario (Without Waft): Fall off the left ledge and hold left until you're just below the stage walls. Use Side B and hold up while doing so to gain more height. You can now keep riding the bike as far to the right as you wish, but remember to jump off before going below the camera. Depending on how far you go, you can either jump off the bike and double jump to the ledge, or use your Up B to get some extra height.
Wario (With Waft): Follow the same instructions as above, but use your Down B just as you jump off the bike for some incredible height. Now you can safely grab the ledge or use your Up B for stalling

Diddy Kong: Position yourself right below the stage by falling from the ledge and using your double jump, then fully charge your Up B while holding right. When you're right below the ledge, quickly angle the jetpack upwards and you should grab onto the ledge without problem

Link/Toon Link: Pull out a bomb and reverse-jump off the edge, then use your zair to grab onto the ledge. When you swing below the ledge, cancel the tether and doublejump, then use your Up B. If you do this quick enough, the bomb will explode as the Up B finishes and allow you to use Up B again, which then allows you to reach the ledge.

Zelda: Fall below the stage by airdodging like with Rosalina. Keep holding right until you're almost out of the camera's view, then use your double jump. To reach the ledge, use your Up B and angle it diagonally upwards. The tricky part of this one is teleporting without bumping into the stage, so use Up B as soon aa there are no obstacles in the diagonal way.
Difficulty: Hard

Sheik: Fall just a bit to the right, then quickly doubletab Down B to move forward. Doubletapping makes the move finish faster, which allows for a quicker double jump afterwards. Use said jump to get below the ledge and then use your Up B to reach the ledge.

Zero Suit Samus: Hop to the left with your ground jump, then use your Side B to tether onto the ledge. As you swing below the stage, press down to cancel the tether and move as far to the right as possible. Just as you're about to pass the camera's view, use your Down B followed by a double jump to end up below the right ledge. Finally, turn left and use your Up B to grab onto said ledge.

Pit/Dark Pit: Let go of the left ledge and hold right. Use your first double jump when you've passed the diagonal part of the stage's bottom, then use your next double jump when you're almost below the camera's view. Finally, use the last double jump just as you go below the camera's view and use Up B when the ledge is directly above you.

Kirby: Fall off the ledge and use your double jumps to stay right below the stage, while moving right of course. As you use your final jump right below the ledge, quickly turn left and use your Up B.

King Dedede: Let go of the ledge and use your double jumps to stay between "Right below the stage" and "Just above the camera's view", while moving right of course. As you use your final jump, wait until you're almost right below the ledge and use your Up B and holding right while doing so, then grab onto the ledge

Meta Knight: Like with Kirby, fall off the ledge and try staying right below the stage as you're moving right. Then, as you're right below the ledge, use your Up B to get up on the stage. If you position yourself just right, you'll be able to grab onto the ledge with your Up B. Otherwise, you'll be left vulnerable as you fall back onto the stage.

Fox: Fall below the stage by letting to of the ledge and holding right. As you're right below the stage bottom, use your Side B to get some distance. Then, use your double jump just as you fall below the camera's view. Now, when the ledge is almost right above you, use your Up B diagonally upwards and grab onto the ledge.

Falco: Basically the same as with Fox, only this one is easier due to Falco's great jump height. You can also use Up B straight upwards instead of diagonally upwards.

Pikachu: Do a full reverse-jump by the ledge and start charging your Side B. When you're right about in the middle of the stage bottom and the blast zones, let go and fly as far as you can. Use your double jump and an Up B to grab onto the ledge safely

Charizard: This one may take some practice, but once you're able to time your Side B's charge time you should be fine. Use Side B to pass directly below the stage bottom, then turn around and combine two double jumps with an Up B to recover naturally.

Lucario (60% or more): Fall off the ledge and use your double jump to position yourself in the centerpart of the stage's bottom half. Then, use your Up B and angle it sideways until you're just below the ledge, where you obviously angle it upwards to grab onto the ledge.
Difficulty: Hard (Easier at higher percentages)

Jigglypuff: Drop down from the ledge and keep using Side B until you're below the camera's view. Then, use your four jumps to get back up on the stage. Can also be done without the Side B's

Greninja: Like with Pikachu, reverse-jump right by the ledge and charge your Side B. As you reach the middle part of the stage's underside, release it and quickly use your second jump. Then, use your Up B to reach the ledge by angling the first water spurt sideways and the second one upwards.

Duck Hunt/Duck Hunt Duo: Drop below the stage from the ledge and use your double jump to get to the center of the stage bottom. Fall slightly so that you're not directly below the stage, then use Up B and hold right to grab onto the ledge

R.O.B: While dropping below the stage by using the ledge and mashing Up B will get the job done, you can make it easier by adding your double jump and a Back Air to the mix.

Villager: Villager is probably the easiest character to Airmole with in the game. Simply drop below the stage from the ledge, use your double jump and mash Up B and you will be golden.

Olimar: Like with Duck Hunt, drop below the stage with the ledge, use your double jump to get to the center and use your Up B. This move is much easier with less Pikmin.
Difficulty: Easy (0 or 1 Pikmin) Medium (2 or 3 Pikmin)

Shulk (Jump): Drop down below the stage using the ledge until you're in the middle of the stage, out of the camera's view. Then, double jump until you're almost right below the ledge and use Up B, pressing B once more at the peak of your jump to get some extra height in order to grab onto the ledge.

Pac-Man: Fall below the stage and use your Side B to get some excellent distance. Then, use your double jump to get below the ledge and your Up B to reach the stage.

Sonic: Reverse-jump and charge your Side B right next to the ledge, then let go as soon as you're below the stage and jump right as the move ends. Then, use your Up B to reach the stage wall and quickly wall-jump to reach the ledge. This only works on a small amount of omega stages, since you have to wall jump in order to reach the ledge.

Mewtwo: Since I haven't bought the Mewtwo DLC, I cannot describe in detail how this works. Check out Smash Academy's Mewtwo guide on YouTube to see it in action.

Only the Mii Gunner is able to go below these stages with its 1 moves, but it is possible to go under the stage with the Brawler's customs. So to sum it up, 32 out of the 53 (Counting Lucas) characters in Smash 4 are able to go below certain Omega stages.

I will rewrite this later once I get all "Momentum customs"' (Customs that make you move a longer distance than with the regular move). Stay tuned and remember to tell me if you know a character who is able to do this.

Last edited:

Siledh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Siledhrel
3DS FC
3969-5560-9348
You forgot Link.

FSMellon

Smash Rookie
NNID
mellon1111
I wasn't able to do it with Link, but I guess I'll add him to the list anyway.

Last edited:

Siledh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Siledhrel
3DS FC
3969-5560-9348
Well, he can do it. He uses it with his tether And a bomb in hand which gives him a second Up B after it explodes. There's a video which shows it on Youtube.

Last edited:

FSMellon

Smash Rookie
NNID
mellon1111
Oh yeah, I tried that. Still wasn't able to do it. Do I need more than one bomb?

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Sharking is attacking through a stage like Delfino or Halberd's main platforms. This is "going under the stage" or sometimes if you're being a **** about it "scrooging"

FSMellon

Smash Rookie
NNID
mellon1111
Ooh, okay. Sorry, I haven't found any other name for this technique so I just called it Sharking because I saw it involved going beneath the stage. So what do I call this technique?

FSMellon

Smash Rookie
NNID
mellon1111
Uh-huh. Once I collect all customs, I might try doing this again with customs allowed. Right now, I'm seeing what characters can "Airmole" (Yes, that's what I'm calling it now. Stahp judging) on Final Destination.

Added Rosalina.

Last edited by a moderator:

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
I think the term is "scrooging", but honestly, I like "airmole" better.

Also, I can't check it until I get home later since I need a C-stick, but I think Mii Gunner can make it (I forget which up-B is default), run off the edge, then, using a C-stick set to attack (not smash, you need the momentum) do a foward air towards the blast zone while moving to the other side of the stage (it'll pop you back really far), then double jump and up-B (I think any of them but the Dunk Uppercut will make it)

FSMellon

Smash Rookie
NNID
mellon1111
Ah, interesting. I can't check either, since I don't have acess to the Smash Wii U right now and I don't have a New 3DS, either. Let me know as soon as you can try it!

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
This is something that I (and others) looked into quite awhile ago.

Characters that can cross under FD:
:4luigi::4peach::rosalina::4roy::4wario2::4gaw::4link::4zelda::4sheik::4tlink::4samus::4zss::4pit::4darkpit::4duckhunt::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4fox::4falco::4pikachu::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4rob::4ness::4villagerf::4olimar::4wiifit::4shulk::4pacman::4sonic::4mewtwo::4miibrawl::4miigun:

**:4megaman:can with walljump/Crash Bomb shenanigans, but it's rather impractical

Characters that can cross under with customs on:
:4bowser:x3xx
:4ganondorf:xx33
:4palutena:x2xx, x3xx, xxx2
:4megaman:xx3x

Characters that can't cross under Ω stages with flat undersides:
:4wiifit:
default:4link: (xx31 is fine)
:4samus:
default :4megaman:

Characters that can only cross under Ω stages with flat undersides:
:4charizard:(customs on, x3xx)

Last edited:

FSMellon

Smash Rookie
NNID
mellon1111
Huh, cool. But some of those are a bit off, like the Charizard one. I've been able to Airmole quite easily with him recently without customs. Oh, and how does Zelda, Mii Gunner and Mii Fighter Airmole on flat undersides?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Oh, my bad. Charizard can get under flat omegas without customs, Battlefield requires Dragon Rush, and FD is impossible with or without customs.

For :4zelda::4miigun::4miibrawl::

Illuminose

Smash Ace
There's an easier method for Sheik on stages with flat undersides btw (though, the OP method works well/easily on Battlefield and is a bit harder but very possible on FD). You can drop from the ledge -> double tap B bouncing fish -> double jump -> vanish and go under those stages extremely easily, easier than the method given.

FSMellon

Smash Rookie
NNID
mellon1111
Oh, my bad. Charizard can get under flat omegas without customs, Battlefield requires Dragon Rush, and FD is impossible with or without customs.

For :4zelda::4miigun::4miibrawl::
Oh, I was actually able to pull that off with Zelda once! I'll add it as soon as I can. And while the Mii Gunner was able to pull it off with 1 customs only in the video, the Brawler used Feint Jump to make it. And Feint Jump is his 2 custom, so technically he isn't able to make it without customs.

Mii Brawler has Shot-Put, Onslaught, Head-On Assault and Soaring Axe Kick as his 1 customs.

There's an easier method for Sheik on stages with flat undersides btw (though, the OP method works well/easily on Battlefield and is a bit harder but very possible on FD). You can drop from the ledge -> double tap B bouncing fish -> double jump -> vanish and go under those stages extremely easily, easier than the method given.
Added it

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Wario can hold Back to steer the Bike upward. This gives him a higher jump off the Bike.

As for this thread, it's just called "going under the stage." That doesn't need a special name.

Last edited:

FSMellon

Smash Rookie
NNID
mellon1111
Wario can do that in the air? I never noticed any difference from his normal bike animation in the air. Oh, and I wanted to give this technique a name because "Going under the stage" doesn't really roll off the tounge. Also, "Going under the stage" doesn't always mean "Going under the stage and grabbing onto the opposite side's ledge.".

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Wario can do that in the air? I never noticed any difference from his normal bike animation in the air. Oh, and I wanted to give this technique a name because "Going under the stage" doesn't really roll off the tounge. Also, "Going under the stage" doesn't always mean "Going under the stage and grabbing onto the opposite side's ledge.".
You can only do it in the air, actually. Pressing Up on the ground makes you do a wheelie.

If we're being realistic, "going under the stage" pretty much always ends in grabbing the opposite side's ledge.

Raijinken

Smash Master
You can only do it in the air, actually. Pressing Up on the ground makes you do a wheelie.

If we're being realistic, "going under the stage" pretty much always ends in grabbing the opposite side's ledge.
Or dying :4pacman:

But I agree. While it's cool data to have, I don't think it needs a name, as it's absurdly impractical.

FSMellon

Smash Rookie
NNID
mellon1111
Wario can hold Back to steer the Bike upward. This gives him a higher jump off the Bike.

As for this thread, it's just called "going under the stage." That doesn't need a special name.
Added the Wario bike trick to the OP. Anywho, should I rename the topic again to just "Go below the stage"?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I mean, you can call it whatever you want. I just don't know how many people will adopt the name.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
:4ness: can go under FD and most stages because of a little tech known as PKT2 wallbounce.

Use PKT2, direct yourself into a wall such that you bounce off, and before going into helpless you are able to PKT2 again. It can only be done once without grabbing the ledge/touching the ground; attempt it another time and Ness will not be able to use PKT after bouncing off the wall.

Have fun. =)

If you want the evidence here it is. I hope this doesn't ruin your eagerness to do this project though! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWQx9P3JDwA&t=4m

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina's straight up B doesn't need to be used on any stage other than FD. You can use an angled one on pretty much any non-FD stage. It even works if you jump around the ledge as opposed to hugging it and airdodging.

She should really be marked as Easy, it isn't difficult at all.

FSMellon

Smash Rookie
NNID
mellon1111
Rosalina's straight up B doesn't need to be used on any stage other than FD. You can use an angled one on pretty much any non-FD stage. It even works if you jump around the ledge as opposed to hugging it and airdodging.

She should really be marked as Easy, it isn't difficult at all.
I lowered the difficulty to Medium, but Easy is reserved for characters able to go under the stage with ease, even if you are really bad with said character. I've only used Peach like, four times, and I really dislike her too. But going under the stage with her is a breeze, honestly.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I find getting under the stage with Rosalina is easy though, you don't need to be experienced at all. She's floaty enough to just cruise under most of it, then you double jump, then you use Up B.

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011

:4luigi::4peach::rosalina::4roy::4wario2::4gaw::4link::4zelda::4sheik::4tlink::4samus::4zss::4pit::4darkpit::4duckhunt::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4fox::4falco::4pikachu::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4rob::4ness::4villagerf::4olimar::4wiifit::4shulk::4pacman::4sonic::4mewtwo::4miibrawl::4miigun:

**:4megaman:can with walljump/Crash Bomb shenanigans, but it's rather impractical

Diddy can definitely get under FD with just rockets. he can also go under a crap load of stages with B-reversed monkey flip (flipping offstage, then reversing to save fall time) although it's not very practical. Diddy can even go under Omega Cosmic observatory with rockets!

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
I found a few YouTube videos that did a similar tests. They were on final destination instead of omega smashville.

Last edited:

TriTails

Smash Lord
Luigi: Reverse-jump off the stage and start charging your Side B. Release it and use your double jump when the attack finishes, then use Down B DIRECTLY after the jump to gain some more height. Finally, use your Up B to reach the ledge.
Eh. I do this all the time. Even on FD. It's not hard at all.

FSMellon

Smash Rookie
NNID
mellon1111
Eh. I do this all the time. Even on FD. It's not hard at all.
Probably just because I suck at using Luigi's Down B effectively.

:4ness: can go under FD and most stages because of a little tech known as PKT2 wallbounce.

Use PKT2, direct yourself into a wall such that you bounce off, and before going into helpless you are able to PKT2 again. It can only be done once without grabbing the ledge/touching the ground; attempt it another time and Ness will not be able to use PKT after bouncing off the wall.

Have fun. =)

If you want the evidence here it is. I hope this doesn't ruin your eagerness to do this project though! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWQx9P3JDwA&t=4m
I'll try it out when I can! (Even though I suck at teching too...)

Last edited:

Impax

Smash Apprentice

]
Didn't realize wii fit trainer could cross under final destination without customs. Thats interesting.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Shulk (Jump): Drop down below the stage using the ledge until you're in the middle of the stage, out of the camera's view. Then, double jump until you're almost right below the ledge and use Up B, pressing B once more at the peak of your jump to get some extra height in order to grab onto the ledge.
First I wanna say that Shulk using the Monado Speed Art can also travel from the left ledge to the right ledge. Although, the Speed Art does reduce Shulk's jumping height which does put a damper on his doublejump, the good news is that the Speed Art increases air speed to compensate. Decisive Speed & Hyper Speed are both stronger Speed Art vartiants, just be careful of using HSpeed because the jump height reduction is very high yet the air speed is also high.

If you planned to do it repeatedly until the Speed Art expires, then the only problem with doing it multiple times time is that it won't be as effective for some strange reason relating to drifting mid-air from ledge-dropping away. The solution I used to remedy this is to ledge-drop away & then airdodge or use F-Air immediately after, holding towards the direction you want to drift.

I'd rate Shulk (Speed) a Difficulty of Hard since it is easy to mistime the usage of Air Slash in case you get yourself stuck under the stage.

As for Shulk (Jump), I feel that he's not as Hard of a Difficulty as Shulk (Speed) is. I'd rate him Medium for the players who don't main Shulk. The Jump Art increases several stats that are advantageous to Shulk in the recovery category:
  • jump height to his short hop, full hop, & doublejump all increase
  • air speed is increased to allow better drifting
  • fall speed is increased which in this case isn't as helpful
  • the height of Air Slash, Advancing Air Slash, & Mighty Air Slash are all increased including both hits except for Advancing Air Slash's 2nd hit
There's also the Decisive Jump Art & the Hyper Jump Art, & those are both stronger Jump Arts that increase all of the points I mentioned above even further especially the height to the Air Slashes. When you get the chance, equip Hyper Monado Arts with Mighty Air Slash & watch the majestic height of truth with HJump + MAS.

Top Bottom