• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ever Crashed a Taunt Party?

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
If they don't want to fight then they shouldn't fight back. I leave people alone if they're truly peaceful. As it stands, deep down they really do have something to prove regardless of what they say.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I tried to start one once, I was telling everyone to step it up, and they ignored me.
I decided to wait until their percentages were high, then get easy KO's lol.
I've never been in an actual taunt party though :(.
They look fun XD.

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
I tried to start one once, I was telling everyone to step it up, and they ignored me.
I decided to wait until their percentages were high, then get easy KO's lol.
I've never been in an actual taunt party though :(.
They look fun XD.
Haha, reminds me of something that happened to me once.

Temple. Two sonics were at both ends of the stage having a taunt party. I was Samus fighting a Lucas who could barely fight back due to lag.
I got him to 120%, then both Sonics rushed in and stole my KO. =( Then they ran off again spindashing on the right stage to get to the bottom all fancy-like.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Haha, reminds me of something that happened to me once.

Temple. Two sonics were at both ends of the stage having a taunt party. I was Samus fighting a Lucas who could barely fight back due to lag.
I got him to 120%, then both Sonics rushed in and stole my KO. =( Then they ran off again spindashing on the right stage to get to the bottom all fancy-like.
They ignored me and just began fighting against themselves, so I waited for about 30 seconds, stole the KO's, then started fighting properly.
I bet they were wondering who picked New Pork :laugh:.

bobson

Smash Lord
On that topic, what's the deal with everyone always picking Temple for taunt parties? It's starting to get on my nerves.

Johnny_C

Smash Cadet
On that topic, what's the deal with everyone always picking Temple for taunt parties? It's starting to get on my nerves.
To avoid pary poopers I guess =/

It's fun to make taunt parties, but is even better to ruin them with the good old Falcon punch over and over; It keeps the mood and solves everything.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
It takes me roughly three seconds to figure out who picks Temple/New Pork/Mario Bros.
True, although I do play better on Temple with Marth if I stay on the attack, and don't just stay at the bottom.

Lord Exor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordExor
3DS FC
0430-8460-0827
People taunting like fools just ask for a fully charged fsmash.

:-)

Smash Rookie
Somtimes i join as kirby, but usually i spam reverse falcon PAAAWWNNCH, especially if someone pics zamus, and then someone picks snake -_-

Seeya

Smash Cadet
update people i'm starting to get used to taunt parties and sometimes i try to start them but usually, i just break taunt parties on purpose because i'm bored :'(

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
I've never been in a taunt party. I get taunt rivalries. Some piece of crap sonic rolls behind me and knocks me back with Dsmash and then goes "YOU TOO SLOW BIZZNATCH!" and then I go "AWW HELLZ NA!". Then every time I send him flying I taunt at him. I always win.:chuckle:
U get hit by Sonic's d-smash? That comes out at like the 2000th frame lol.

Shadow_Bane

Smash Cadet
U get hit by Sonic's d-smash? That comes out at like the 2000th frame lol.
wtf your up at 5 in the morning

Back to Point: I kinda stopped starting them I only protect them you see and if I get bored I beat em up......if its just the 4 of us doing nothing.

snowaxe

Smash Apprentice
Lol I crashed a match last night! We were at Corneria and we were in the front of the ship, the other 2 just kept taunting all of a sudden, one was in the 80's and one the 90's. I waited for them to do their taunt while I taunted to put them off guard XD then I did my up b for a double kill. It was sweet!

mc4

Smash Journeyman
yep i sure have and i left the match lol i hate that crap, unless it only lasts a few seconds...

uber1337h4xx0r

Smash Rookie
Oh man, and I thought this was a rare phenomenon. I've got A LOT to learn about the brawl culture. I'm glad I joined here :D

When I join a taunt party, my main goal is to try to do hyrule jumps. At times, I'll even take it one step further, and see who can get the most suicides (you can encourage others to do this by spiking them, and then purposely killing yourself. Or, hit them, and jump off the edge). And once in a while, I just get my luigi and taunt kick them (and at times if I see a newbie taunting with Luigi, I try to convince them somehow to taunt kick me when I'm hanging off the ledge. that usually makes them happy when they realize it's an auto kill :D).

But I'll be honest, at times I'll randomly pick a fight in a taunt party, and then suddenly act all innocent. At times, my taunts also accidentally incur people's wrath; like when I use my falcon punch as the taunt, and I end up accidentally hitting someone. lol

edit:

On another note, I'm sad that they nerfed kirby's taunt. Imagine how perfect a camped kirby with "HHAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" would have been (I know he still says hi, but not as annoyingly as in melee. Same with pikachu and peach). On the bright side, I think taunt parties are at their best when you're doing final destination, and you've got two taunters, and two fighters. The taunters stand around by the edge and root for one of the two characters (perhaps this works best on team brawl rather than basic brawl) whenever they are winning. And next round, you just switch. And maybe as a joke, a taunter can tag team by rolling in and switching with the weakened fighter.

edit 2:

Ugh, I'm such a brawl geek... a couple of other fun taunt party stuff: This usually gets interpreted as hostility, but I like placing a mine directly on my opponent (as snake), and then after enough time has elapsed (and the mine has tranferred to someone else undoubtedly), I randomly blow up the mine. Oftentimes, I end up being the unfortunate victim, but it's fun :D

Another fun trick is to grab the smash ball early on, and then use it when there's 2 seconds left on the clock (it's especially funny if the other taunters are thinking you're going to sabotage them, and have them follow you in circles trying to dislodge your ball). It's especially funny with final smashes that have a small speech; like with sonic:

"4, 3, 2, NOW I'LL SHOW YOU!!! YARRRGHHH!!!!! *TIME UP!!!*"

or snake;

"3, 2, SHOW TIME! 1, *TIME UP*"

it usually warrants a quick lol.

cycon365

Smash Apprentice
I dont get why people hate taunt parties =/
sometimes I don't mind being entertained,

but most of the time I just wanna fight, and taunting, running, and getting a smash ball for a one-hit kill doesnt do it for me

Besides, I lost ALOT of money on spectator mode because of taunt partys or n00bs

cycon365

Smash Apprentice
thats why you have the option to play with people you know
I only have one friend with a wii, and everyone else on my friend's list, I grab from websites so I have no idea their time schedule

and if I hear Peach say "La, la, la, la-la LA" one more Time, I SWEAR

cycon365

Smash Apprentice
Then I might as well just turn on Lvl. 1 computers

I realize it's just for fun, but at the same time, I really wanna see you do more than taunt, run away, and crouch,

because when most taunt parties get serious, then 80% of the time it turns out they are just n00bs at heart and can't fight for anything

_Tiamat_

Smash Apprentice
I love taunt parties but... I don't get what's so funny or cool about crouching. Someone care to explain what all the crouching fuss is about?

Shadow_Bane

Smash Cadet
I love taunt parties but... I don't get what's so funny or cool about crouching. Someone care to explain what all the crouching fuss is about?
Noob.
Its like a taunt just that anyone can do it.
You can aslo alternate between players which is kinda hard with 4 of them.

Player 1: Crouch
Player 2: Crouch
Player 3: Crouch
Player 4: Crouch
And you keep on going. Also you can change it up a bit. Like this:
1-2-4-3 1-3-4-2 2-3-4-1
Its especially sound funny when it Pikachu, Kirby, and others with a very loud crouch.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
edit 2:

Ugh, I'm such a brawl geek... a couple of other fun taunt party stuff: This usually gets interpreted as hostility, but I like placing a mine directly on my opponent (as snake), and then after enough time has elapsed (and the mine has tranferred to someone else undoubtedly), I randomly blow up the mine. Oftentimes, I end up being the unfortunate victim, but it's fun :D

Another fun trick is to grab the smash ball early on, and then use it when there's 2 seconds left on the clock (it's especially funny if the other taunters are thinking you're going to sabotage them, and have them follow you in circles trying to dislodge your ball). It's especially funny with final smashes that have a small speech; like with sonic:

"4, 3, 2, NOW I'LL SHOW YOU!!! YARRRGHHH!!!!! *TIME UP!!!*"

or snake;

"3, 2, SHOW TIME! 1, *TIME UP*"

it usually warrants a quick lol.
It's best with DeDeDe because it's like he's blowing the end of game whistle.

D

Deleted member

When I bought this game I thought I could find a match with non-******** people. I was wrong. I wait for 10 minutes for a freaking Pikachu and Peach that won't even fight me. This is why the mode is called basic BRAWL, not taunt. To answer the question, yes I have crashed a taunt party by disconnecting so the losers won't be able to see each other again.

Shinigami Cooper

Smash Rookie
The party doesnt start until I get ther :) Jk. Of course I crash them. I do it with my Lucas too and they don't realize I'm good until they lose by 17 XD

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
Lately I've just about given up on Wifi battles with random people. Leaderboards and a search function (for people your level) would help, but even then noobs would just make some cheap ways to advance the online ladder,so...

Pikatwo

Smash Rookie
For me, online has no noticable lag! It's also really quick for me to get on too!

Anyway, I love the good taunt party and have only crashed one once by accident.
I was the one who started it anyway. I was Ness and the other player was ike. Then a zamus player came in and ruined it all. We were on new pork city (ike, zamus and i)
when zamus was being weird. She was doing the 'you're mine/oh my' taunt really close to ike, ike was doing the 'AAUUUGH' taunt. Yeah, they were being dirty on brawl.
I taunted along anyway, but every time i approached, i was hit by zamus. What was her problem? I was taunting and crouching! Even when i was on the other side of the stage, she would come after me and then go back to ike. I knew i could not appouch her in melee combat, so i went near her and i used PK fire just as a 'why did you do that' type of thing. Then ike attacked me and was teamed up on.:confused: I won anyway so HA to you zamus!

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
I think I speak for every level-headed individual when I say NONE of us takes Basic Brawl seriously. But that doesn't mean we're not going to try to get a good game going. It's about partaking in the privilege that is Smash Bros.

Top Bottom