• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ever Crashed a Taunt Party?

CalebSitton

Smash Apprentice
i have been to one and crashed it badly... and they too eventualy stopped the taunt parade and started to fight back only to realize it was a "i fight for my friends" kind of deal and i got ike smashed to heck and back ^_o

Nintendood

Smash Cadet
ive never really entered one. using sonic, i usually get into the battle very quickly, so they never really get the chance to try and taunt me up.

Kix

Smash Journeyman
No, I do not crash taunt parties. I purposefully start them. When I go into random basic match the first thing I do is TAUNT and keep taunting. I do this because:

-This game sucks competitively
-Time
-Items
-Free for All
Oh yeah
-Maybe bad lag

So in short when I play this game online and not against people with whom I exchanged codes it really isn't worth doing anything but messing around in my opinion.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
yes i have, and i see no point of taunting for even a minute.

Get a life and play 1 v 1.

To Hippochinfat.

Wifi isnt bullsh*t. If you think it is, you are.

Comp lvl 9 <<<< actual online players.

Lag does not make you bad, its like training.

its just your f*cked up connection.

other thn that, i agree. this 'taunt party' is pointless.

Pointless thread.
My connection isn't messed up. EVERYONE gets input lag and unless you're an awful player, it's very noticable. I never said you should train on level 9s either.

ToonLuigi

Smash Cadet
Sometimes I start them with Fox, because..well you know. But I don't crash them, I usually start/join in them. If someone ruins it, they leave in 3 matches...because we own him/her.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I discourage all forms of Smashturbation. I reserve excessive taunting to epic/funny moments.

mikeman

Smash Cadet
haha yeah this one time it was all olimars and i picked olimar to there were all taunting then when i would try to attack one of them they would all team up on me and get me killed :(

Shadow_Bane

Smash Cadet
Anyways I was once in a taunt party and all four of us were up till like 4 in the morning.
Hey, don't hate cause you can't make friends yourself.

The reason taunts were allowed in online play was because the creators wanted a game were you can meet people and do whatever your hearts desire.
Not only to make a fool of an a** you just Ko'd.
Plus(+) why does anyone care if there are taunts or not.

DDM

Smash Journeyman
Interesting how people who bought a fighting game to , well... FIGHT, are the ones who are "mean", "losers", etc.

Personally, I refuse to give in to the whims of douchebags who can't think of anything better to do with their time than to stand around and taunt all day. I'll crash any and every taunt party that comes my way.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Although crashing taunt parties can be fun, joining them is fun too. Just learned that today.

I was Sonic, we had a Mario, Ness, and Zelda on Hyrule. Obviously, it became a taunt party. At first it was Mario and I going at it, until I saw Ness and Zelda just standing around throwing random attacks out of sheer amusement. So I kept running from Mario and taunted when I could. Mario got upset that he tried so hard to catch me (obviously, too slow), and the next match (same people), we all teamed up on him. We killed him and went to sudden death, the Ness, Zelda, and I.

Sudden death was a blast XD

Shadow_Bane

Smash Cadet
Interesting how people who bought a fighting game to , well... FIGHT, are the ones who are "mean", "losers", etc.

Personally, I refuse to give in to the whims of douchebags who can't think of anything better to do with their time than to stand around and taunt all day. I'll crash any and every taunt party that comes my way.
Well it is isn't it.

This is what all crashers should do when they are in a t. party:
LEAVE (No offense)
Seriously if you don't like them, whats making you stay?

DDM

Smash Journeyman
I leave the ones where two out of the other three are standing around and being morons after a round or two. If it's just one doing it I chase him around the entire time. I didn't spend my hard-earned cash to watch you be a douchebag, and honestly it makes no sense at all to have people do that and then turn around and tell me I'm in the wrong for "not letting them have fun". Wait a sec. I pop in BRAWL and get ONLINE, but instead of BRAWLING ONLINE, I should "just have my friends over instead"? If I'm the only one that that sounds back-assward to, then a lot of people in this thread need to re-evaluate.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
Well it is isn't it.

This is what all crashers should do when they are in a t. party:
LEAVE (No offense)
Seriously if you don't like them, whats making you stay?
Whats making me stay?

the fact i just waited 20 mins to get a with anyone brawl to kick some ***. Just to end up with a bunch of clowns taunting. Well i came to kick ***, so kick some *** is what i'm gunna do.

i'd rather get teamed up againts 3-1 than watch a bunch of kids try to co-ordinate taunts.

i know there will always be taunt parties same as there will always be people crashing them. if you're gunna do it expect it to get crashed. Most people play to fight not taunt.

To really crash a taunt party just turn off your Wii which probably freezes and D/C's they're game. Then they don't have their little friends with them the next match:p.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I don't like to tanut party at all, but no, I don't do that. As soon as one start, I have to do it or I'll be butt-munched by the others. However, it is a HUGE waste of time trying to get a match in and next thing you know, everybody doing the PB&J dance. It's just not fair. :dizzy:

inb4lifeisntfairpost

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Is it just me, or is it that the taunters in the party that you fight suck hard balls at the game?
Because I swear those have been the easiest 3 vs. 1s i've EVER had...

Has this happened to anyone else?

Shadow_Bane

Smash Cadet
Whats making me stay?

the fact i just waited 20 mins to get a with anyone brawl to kick some ***. Just to end up with a bunch of clowns taunting. Well i came to kick ***, so kick some *** is what i'm gunna do.

i'd rather get teamed up againts 3-1 than watch a bunch of kids try to co-ordinate taunts.

i know there will always be taunt parties same as there will always be people crashing them. if you're gunna do it expect it to get crashed. Most people play to fight not taunt.

To really crash a taunt party just turn off your Wii which probably freezes and D/C's they're game. Then they don't have their little friends with them the next match:p.
Whoa nice reason.

Well I agree with you (a bit) you do go online to kick some ???.
But there are other perspectives too.
I've thought about them and you should too.
When I'm in a taunt party, yeah I taunt, but sometimes when the other 2 are taunting away and the other non-taunter is on the other side of the stage, I give him something to Brawl about.

"Most people play to fight not taunt"
What about the others?

Looper

Smash Journeyman
team battle for serious matches, and basic brawl for silliness

AAP

Smash Journeyman
Whoa nice reason.

Well I agree with you (a bit) you do go online to kick some ???.
But there are other perspectives too.
I've thought about them and you should too.
When I'm in a taunt party, yeah I taunt, but sometimes when the other 2 are taunting away and the other non-taunter is on the other side of the stage, I give him something to Brawl about.

"Most people play to fight not taunt"
What about the others?
the others being the people who taunt? they can just taunt when i'm not around i guess or do what they do now, pick Hyrule or Pork City and run like rats the whole match to get a taunt in.

Taunt party's will always have to deal with people fighting them. Take a straight out noob that just watched the how to play video or whatever, or just finished playing SSE. They go online, first thing they meet is a taunt party. what do they do? PLAY THE GAME and fight.

Looper is right as well that team battle has less taunting, thankfully.

Blade42

Smash Apprentice
ive never come across a taunt party. im lucky sometimes to even find a match. whatev though, maybe ill find one soon

Rambo Hayabusa

Smash Apprentice
Thing I hate about the team battles late at night is when one of the guys isn't playing at all and this comes up far too often.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me, or is it that the taunters in the party that you fight suck hard balls at the game?
Because I swear those have been the easiest 3 vs. 1s i've EVER had...

Has this happened to anyone else?
Usually. Once in a while one of the three will be good, a shepherd of the taunt flock.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Taunt parties are win:chuckle:
I always pick Capt. Falcon, Sonic and Ike for my taunt parties:bee:
With Sonic I just run from side to side taunting "YOUR TOO SLOW!" and they start gettin' mad and try to kill me but they can't match my speed "YOU TOO ****ING SLOW!"
With Falcon I just use all my moves and do "SHOW ME YA MOVES" and sometimes they do the same :psycho: and with Ike I just do side taunt("PREPARE YOURSELF") And then I do my up taunt wich is "BANKAI!!" XDD

DDM

Smash Journeyman
Had a nice time crashing one just a few minutes ago. They ganged up on me, naturally, but I hung in there because all 3 sucked. Then it occurred to me to just drop out in mid-match to break up the group. That's always fun too. Taunt party tards don't deserve the effort that was put into making the game.

Glick

Smash Lord
♥Well said Mr. hippochinfat!!, well said. ;)

♥It's only innocent fun, sit back, relax, and watch. Even better, join the craziness and let loose. ;)
Wait are you serious? How is it fun to hit the taunt button over and over again. I thought the purpose was to piss people off. like trolling.

Shadow_Bane

Smash Cadet
Wait are you serious? How is it fun to hit the taunt button over and over again. I thought the purpose was to piss people off. like trolling.
Yeah it is fun.
This is what me and my friend thought of.
Although it would need a hack so you can have like 10-man brawl.
Here it goes:

Snake: B-down..."Now!"
Fox: "Come On"
Fox 2: "Here I come"
Sonic 1 & 2: "Come on step it up"
Captain Falcon: "FAALLcOn..."

These are the characters on the receiving end:
Wolf: "Whats the matter scared?!"
Falco: "Don't try me!"

Back to C. Falcon: ".....PunNCh!!!"
Sonics: "Your too Slow"
It hits both Falco & Wolf for the OHKO.