• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Even more proof that Ness is gone from Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

roroverma

Smash Cadet
To Chi's Finest is this the translation?

Remember Ness?

Ness, the protagonist of Mother 2, who continually participates in the Smash Bros. series. He made an appearance as a hidden character in the first generation of Smash Bros. For him to make an appearance, how much hardship must we go through? Incidentally, From a movie on the official Home Page, the throwing item "Mr. Saturn" is proven to continue to make an appearance.

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
Again, get over yourself, and face it! It's right there in fine print. If you can't accept it then just don't buy Brawl.
And seriously, Meta_Sonic, you owe the guy an apology. He's not a raging Ness fanboy, he's just pointing out the facts that the rumor had no basis in it.

Bowser080

Smash Apprentice
agreed meta sonic, you just made a huge fool of yourself. "the day you have been waiting for"? shame

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Sounds like he's going to be in by the new translation but is going to be even harder to unlock.

"He made an appearance as a hidden character in the first generation of Smash Bros. For him to make an appearance, how much hardship must we go through?"

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Great guys, you can continue on with your insults or whatever. It's great to know that all of you are perfect in everyway and has never ever made a single mistake in your life, I commend you!

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
What the? They avoided talking about Ness on purpose? Mr. Saturns are in MOTHER 3 anyway, so I don't see why they would be a MOTHER 2 rep... they are just avoiding the topic of Ness being a character on purpose now. Jesus H., this is beginning to get REALLY irratating now..I knew I should have stayed in bed today.

In my heart, I still know Ness is out. I'd love to be wrong but little incidents like this just keep making it more and more likely in my mind... I think you might owe somebody an apology Meta_Sonic64, but it seems like everyone was just jumping to conclusions anyway, though! :psycho:

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
Great guys, you can continue on with your insults or whatever. It's great to know that all of you are perfect in everyway and has never ever made a single mistake in your life, I commend you!
Erm, well I personally wasn't insulting you. I'm not perfect, and I have made mistakes, but I don't try to jump to conclusions like that nor nearly attack people over it And when I make a mistake, I'd apologize for it. Put down your pride for a bit. :p

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Well, you didn't need to jump on the guy and harass him without knowing all the facts.

False alarm folks! Although maybe this implies that he's unlockable in some way?

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
Hey.

Hey guys.

"sumabura" shiri-zu ni renzoku sansenshi*teiru "MOTHER2" no shujinkou, nesu.

That's the first sentence.

Hey. You know what? It's present/future tense.
Know what it says?
"Ness, the protagonist of Mother 2 will continue to participate in the Smash Bros. series."

This is a gigantic purple -YOU WIN!- if you ask me.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
What the? They avoided talking about Ness on purpose? Mr. Saturns are in MOTHER 3 anyway, so I don't see why they would be a MOTHER 2 rep... they are just avoiding the topic of Ness being a character on purpose now. Jesus H., this is beginning to get REALLY irratating now..I knew I should have stayed in bed today.

In my heart, I still know Ness is out. I'd love to be wrong but little incidents like this just keep making it more and more likely in my mind... I think you might owe somebody an apology Meta_Sonic64, but it seems like everyone was just jumping to conclusions anyway, though! :psycho:

Ness isnt out, they wouldnt put only one character that's only in one of the games to represent the whole series.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hey.

Hey guys.

Know what it says?
"Ness, the protagonist of Mother 2 will continue to participate in the Smash Bros. series."

Wrong, that's not what it says...

ess, a representative of the Mother 2 series, has been appearing in Smash.

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
Man, you guys made me bust out my old account so I can fix your incorrect assumptions. I posted my translation on Brawl Central, so I'll put it here too in order to dispel any dumb rumors.

"Do You Remember About Ness?"

This is Ness, who is a recurring participant* in Smash Bros and the hero of Mother 2. In the first Smash Bros he appeared as a hidden character.  We wonder how much effort has been expended so that he'll make an appearance... Incidentally, in a movie on the home page, the throwing item Mr. Saturn has made a return appearance.

*For participant, it uses the term "Sansen" which is what the Japanese site has been using instead of "Joins the Brawl" and "WARNING: CHALLENGER APPROACHING." It probably doesn't mean anything though.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
To Chi's Finest is this the translation?

Remember Ness?

Ness, the protagonist of Mother 2, who continually participates in the Smash Bros. series. He made an appearance as a hidden character in the first generation of Smash Bros. For him to make an appearance, how much hardship must we go through? Incidentally, From a movie on the official Home Page, the throwing item "Mr. Saturn" is proven to continue to make an appearance.
Yea, our translations seem to match up about the same. Looks like that's it.

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
Hey.

Hey guys.

Know what it says?

Awesome find, let's see if other people can confirm this as well.
2. asbestos, you're an ***hole.
Okay, how about you point out what he did instead of resorting to personal attacks?
He hasn't done anything.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
well, this guy actually proves a point WITHOUT RUBBING IT IN!!!!

*calms down* alright, maybe this is just the "i don't want ness in brawl" side of me. sorry asbestos. *trys to shake hand of asbestos*

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
BrawlCentral said:
"Ness, a representative of the Mother 2 series, has been appearing in Smash. ."
Oh no... oh please no... this was exactly the sort of thing I didn't want to see for Ness. another UNTIL NOW style debate. The one we already have is making me die on the inside, the last thing we need is another one!

Look, I admire you for wanting Ness back in and being so vigilant about it, but I think Ness is already a bit safe since both of those translations don't exactly curse him to being a background element any more, right? Everything should be alright for you... I really doubt they would confirm somebody like Ness like that, anyway.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
"Japanese Newspaper Translation
My translator gave me a summary of that the image says. Here's what he had to say:

The top paragraph simply says that compared to Melee's 25 character roster, this time around Brawl will have 48 characters, nearly twice as much as Melee. "

WHOAA. With that many, Ness is in for sure

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
Okay here we go~~!

The main verb is "shi*teiru", which is a present-tense ending.

"shi*teita" is past tense and would mean "has continually appeared". "Teiru" is the present progressive inflection, and indicates that the action is currently happening.

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
I was kind of excited to see that original translation...but I guess the jury (officially) remains out on the matter of Ness' Brawl inclusion.

I am of the opinion that Ness isn't needed as a Brawl PC...he seems very replaceable by Lucas. It also seems that a Lucas/Claus inclusion could offer more variety than a Lucas/Ness inclusion...not to mention they look practically the same (save the hair color and hat). So, why give Lucas moves that are quite similiar to Ness, and potentially give Ness a new moveset? It seems, at least to me, that it would be the other way around with Lucas getting a new moveset.

note: I know Lucas' moveset isn't EXACTLY like Ness'...but at best, it's nothing more than a Luigi-fied Ness moveset.

I ALREADY KNOW THAT SOME PEOPLE WILL NOT AGREE WITH THE STATEMENTS I MADE.
AND I POST THIS WITH FULL KNOWLEDGE THAT THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION.
(it's kind of funny that this sort of disclaimer seems necessary when posting here. some people will jump down your throat so fast if you don't take the utmost precaution in impeccably wording your post.)

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
The jury is anything but out.

Just like Ness.

Ahehehehe. Sorry, this is just like Christmas for me. Oh man, so much ridicule over supporting Ness, and in a topic designed to deconfirm him, he gets confirmed. Oh that is so rich.

ShadeofDante

Smash Cadet
Wow, even BrawlCentral's translators changed it, it just talks about Mr. Saturn and Ness, nothing about his inclusion/exclusion from Brawl.

They really need to stop, proofread the translation, THEN post them. Instead of posting whatever they think it is first, re-read and proofread, then re-post.

Unless they love starting this sort of speculation.

Smash Ace
EDIT: Hey but wait... we haven't heard any reports from Whobby saying that Ness appears in the background of Onett...? (They had Onett as a playable stage)
That, sir, is a very good point. How reliable is this picture, anyway? If we know what magazine it is from we can check it's legitimacy, I hope.

They may have taken that feature out of Onett for the demo, but I doubt it. Why wouldn't they just not choose Onett as a playable stage? It's not like they didn't have a lot to select from.

EDIT: WOW, my connection was so laggy that it took almost 5 minutes to post, and I got ninja'd by almost a page of people...

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
well, this guy actually proves a point WITHOUT RUBBING IT IN!!!!

*calms down* alright, maybe this is just the "i don't want ness in brawl" side of me. sorry asbestos. *trys to shake hand of asbestos*
At least you're trying to calm down, but he wasn't really rubbing anything in, I kind of saw most of his posts were being pretty much modest and on the neutral side.

I am of the opinion that Ness isn't needed as a Brawl PC...he seems very replaceable by Lucas. It also seems that a Lucas/Claus inclusion could offer more variety than a Lucas/Ness inclusion...not to mention they look practically the same (save the hair color and hat). So, why give Lucas moves that are quite similiar to Ness, and potentially give Ness a new moveset? It seems, at least to me, that it would be the other way around with Lucas getting a new moveset.

note: I know Lucas' moveset isn't EXACTLY like Ness'...but at best, it's nothing more than a Luigi-fied Ness moveset.
Exactly. There's no point for Lucas to get Ness' moveset since Lucas is the newcomer unless he's replacing him. Lucas has plenty of moves from Mother 3 he could have used, but why would he get a Luigi-fied moveset? Ness:Lucas is not the same as Mario:Luigi, so Luigi-fying doesn't make sense either. I'm not saying there's not a chance Ness can't be in as a secret nostalgic clone or anything, but other than that, I don't see him being in.

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
the luigifacation of charicters is null and void now. luigi is probably going to use polturguist 3000.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think this could be hinting at Ness in the game...but no one said he was playable. ;) I wish he was playable, but I know he isn't. :ohwell: Maybe he'll be in the story, a assist trophy, or something. >_< Still, if he was a playable character, I'd use him a 3rd time, but sadly, it's not gonna happen. :ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom