• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

European release date!!!

Staco

Smash Champion
thats only ****
europe is mostly faked
4 month for a little bit translating!

pure fake of nintendo to us europeans! <<

dont be happy about this date, it would be come latest in july or so, as there wasnt no date
and now, we got a **** bad late date!
**** off <<

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Funny. The English UK version of the Smash Dojo still says there is no release date for Brawl in Europe, the video linked to in the article doesn't have a date at all and the only site claiming to know the release date is French.

Hmmmm... you'd think something this big would receive more coverage. Excuse me if I remain sceptical.

Staco

Smash Champion
wiiinsider.de a german site says this, too
pls come in mai or april in europa, plsss is the 6 june not true =)

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
wiiinsider.de a german site says this, too
pls come in mai or april in europa, plsss is the 6 june not true =)
Wiiinsider.de cites WiiZ (the French site) as their source, though. So it's just one site claiming to have the release date and another spreading it further.

It's like me starting a rumor that there's a sexy skimpy outfit Pit in the European PAL release and someone else spreading it citing me as their source.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
That really sucks. I hope it is a fake. I understand they have to find voice actors etc. but this is too much.

Talvi

Smash Journeyman
At least now we know it. The worst it's that with exams I won't get it until July probably so... let's bite some nails.

Staco

Smash Champion
its not a fake <<
n-zone said it too, now
and they have it not form this french magazine

Impossibilities

Smash Apprentice
omg..you guys arn't even thinking...it took them 1 month to translate japanese to english....how many languages are there in europe?! over 5....not only that, but there's rumors of complications with mass production of brawl...they just need time to make more copies before they release them so no one has to wait an incredibly long time to get their hands on one. (Remeber Halo2/3?)

kirborg

Smash Cadet
omg..you guys arn't even thinking...it took them 1 month to translate japanese to english....how many languages are there in europe?! over 5....not only that, but there's rumors of complications with mass production of brawl...they just need time to make more copies before they release them so no one has to wait an incredibly long time to get their hands on one. (Remeber Halo2/3?)
Mario galaxy was released a few days apart from the japanese and US version, so that's not a valid argument. Nintendo just needs to get their **** together and stop ignoring european gamers.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Mario galaxy was released a few days apart from the japanese and US version, so that's not a valid argument. Nintendo just needs to get their **** together and stop ignoring european gamers.
You know how much text is in Super Smash Bros. Brawl compared to Super Mario Galaxy?! Thank you.

They aren't ignoring you... there's a reason for the delay. So just wait. There are other games to play, you know.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
1) Why do people think translation of a god can only occur once the game has been completely programmed? I mean, there isn't even much talking in Brawl and a lot of it is already in English. The stuff they'll have to dub for the alternate languages are very minute (text + possibly certain Pokémon voices like Jigglypuff in Melee). And they could've started dubbing a year ago.
2) What rumors of complications? And rumor = Truth?
3) So instead of just shafting the fans who won't be able to get their hands on the game in the initial pressing, they're shafting everyone by delaying it it even further? Good logic.

genus

Smash Rookie
Translation of the article:

"It's official! At the Micromania Games Awards, Nintendo announced Super Smash Bros. Brawl in France and the rest of Europe for June 6, 2008! More than a few weeks of patience and this length weighted will be rewarded, friends!"

I've looked into it, the Micromania Games Awards is a credible event...however, I've seen no announcements from the hosters of the event themselves, and have yet to find a schedule to translate...it seems like an odd place for Nintendo to announce a release date for Brawl, but I'd say it does have some credibility.

Tunaria

Smash Rookie
Translation of the article:

"It's official! At the Micromania Games Awards, Nintendo announced Super Smash Bros. Brawl in France and the rest of Europe for June 6, 2008! More than a few weeks of patience and this length weighted will be rewarded, friends!"
This is most likely the official release date, sadly. It makes sense when you look at the gap between the US and EU releases on SSB and Melee.

I blame the extra translation that has to be done >_>

Good thing there aren't any conversations or dialogues in the game or we would probably have to wait even longer, for both EU and US releases.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Thank God I imported Brawl. June is THREE months after the American release. WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
Please let this be real. I guess I can swallow a June release, any later would be taking the piss.

I so want this to be real.
;_;

Staco

Smash Champion
dont think its ebacuse of the translating, omg
they dont need much time to translate and they could make their own translate teams, while the game is made!
its only because nintendo wants to bring the game in europe to this date, thats it!

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
First off, the only reason Galaxy was released practically worldwide was to cash in on christmas.

Secondly, i said to myself recently

April = Fine
May = Pushing it
June = No way in hell

So I shall defenitely be modding my wii. Getting brawl 3 months earlier will be worth the extra expense.

Luteyi

Smash Apprentice
Look on the bright side, at least its not predicted for release much later this year.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
First off, the only reason Galaxy was released practically worldwide was to cash in on christmas.

Secondly, i said to myself recently

April = Fine
May = Pushing it
June = No way in hell

So I shall defenitely be modding my wii. Getting brawl 3 months earlier will be worth the extra expense.
Atleast if you import from us, you'll be able to read it lawl

ConeZone

Smash Ace
what site is that? it doesn't look very reliable, but good for Europeans if that is the date, i know i wouldn't want to wait much longer haha

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
I'm suicidng.

Bye bye all.

I'm becoming a yoshi in the next life. It isn't that bad...

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Wow.
That's a lot better than I expected. I expected July/August/ September.

Oh well. It's always better to have your hopes low. That way, you'll be pleasantly surprised that's it June, and not annoyed xD

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Well, Atleast they have some sort of date, I feel bad for the people in Europe for a long wait though =/
Here is hoping you get an earlier release!

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
hmm well GAME says its released in april ready to order and Gamplay says its released at the end of march. confusing :(

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
That's way too long of a time period between the US date and this.

How the hell would it take 3 months to add a couple more languages to the game?
Translating is MUCH harder than you'd think. It's not the translating itself; they have to edit nearly EVERY file in the game. And Japanese characters stand for SOUNDS, and not LETTERS, and the sentence structure is COMPLETELY different, so text is generally shorter. When they translate to english, it makes them longer, and many issues can come up, like the amount of characters on a line, etc.

Amea

Smash Cadet
Is this date really legit? i did hear this from a a source in the netherlands also, well i don't really mind right now since i am happily playing my japanese original game, if you own the game , add me if you will my info is under my username. So i will happily wait for my english game to be released.

Top Bottom